TESTERS WANTED! ×

Southwest: CA, NV, UT, AZ, HI

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1.How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve played golf for 2 years and I normally shoot about 110.

2.What do you love about golf? I love being outside with friends, golf is a challenge for me.

3.What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Learn from my friends, a good place to study. 4.Where are you from? What is your home course? CA.  No home course. 

5.What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Not yet.

6.What do you do for a living? Marketing

7.How’d you pick your user name?  It's My name.

Hey everybody, glad to be joining the team...here we go:

1. How long have you been playing golf? Been playing for about 25 years, started during college

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 7.4 as of today, hopefully going down!

3. What do you love about golf? It can be such a complex but simple sport at the same time. The feeling of a perfectly dialed in, well struck shot that lands exactly where you want is what keeps me coming back everyday. 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I love the data focused approach to the reviews.

5. Do you already know any other Spies? Not yet

6. Where are you from? Cerritos, CA

7. What is your home course? I play all of them around here but the most common are Dad Miller in Anaheim and Rio Hondo in Downey. 

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is we have quite a big selection of courses but the worst thing is how hard it is to find good tee times.  

9. What do you do for a living? Director of Marketing

10. How’d you pick your user name? Flossin is a urban term to mean flaunting and always looking good which is something I try to do all the time lol

WITB:

Callaway Rogue ST Max 9.0 driver - Mitsubishi MMT shaft

Callaway Epic Max 3, 5 wood - HZRDUS Smoke iM10 shafts

4,5 irons - Mizuno Pro 225's - KBS $-taper

6-Gap - Mizuno Pro 223's - KBS $-taper

54, 60 deg wedges - RTX Zipcore

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12 putter

Ball: Pro V1 Yellow

Custom Vessel XV Lux Cart Bag 

Misc Air Jordan Golf Shoes - AJ1, 3, 4, 5, 9, 11, 12

• 2 weeks later...
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• 4 years, at a 14 right now, normally shoot high 80s or low 90s

• What do you love about golf?

• I'm very busy with work and have young kids so I like the break from the regular hustle and bustle of daily life. I also enjoy the challenge of getting better.

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Just constantly find myself reading about golf or watching Youtube videos and running out of golf content.

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

• Central California, private course that isn't the best managed but it's very family friendly so that's why we're there (has tennis, pool, nice clubhouse, etc.)

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Worst: Gets super hot in the summer, Best: Can play year-round

• What do you do for a living?

• Medicine

• How’d you pick your user name?

• Randomly

Driver: TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5
5w: TaylorMade SIM Max - 18
3H: Ping G425 - at 20.5
Irons: Ping G425 (5i-GW)
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (52, 56, 60)
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball ten tour lined S
Ball: Titleist Pro V1
Tracking: Arccos

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I'm Dude Where's My Par!

I coach off and on High school Golf both girls and boys teams, also a Football coach too. I started my year off golf, watching my dad and older brothers playing golf at the age 3, then they took me along to the golf course almost every-weekend around 5 or 6. I really got hooked in golf when we are watching Golf on TV!  Jack Nicholas, Tom Weiskopf, Johnny MIller, Tom Watson! That was the good old days! Just down the street we had a driving range, I started to work there about 14, picking up the golf balls, my older brothers would try to hit my cage cart when I was driving around on the range hitting off the practice mats, that was so funny!  Good times! Yeah they got me many times too!

I stated to out with my Dad, when I got good enough. I still remember my dad getting up at 6am and saying to me get your clubs son it's time for round of golf every Sunday Morning! Just thinking about that brings you back the good times just with your brothers, and your dad, sometimes just with dad alone too.  I think playing golf with my dad really made us close, and talking about life! I love going out with him and just playing golf too!

I kept going out and hitting the range almost evey week, by myself now. When I was in Jr high, I loved just hitting balls and getting them free! Then the owner got mad one time, when I was on the hitting balls, because I forgot to cut the lawn yesterday, well I was off for 4 days, but he blamed me!!! He fired me that day when I was hitting golf balls too!

I was in 10th grade, and tried to get on the High school golf team, missed it by 1 stoke and a tie with 3 other kids! I was mad!

When I turned 16, My dad took me to a golf shop and surprised me with my very own Golf Clubs, 600 series Titleist's Irons and a metal Driver, today I still have those irons somewhere in the garage! And not my used clubs anymore I got from my brothers!!!

I made the High School Golf team on in my Jr Year. Played some great scores, but not good enough to get in the State Open. One of my Brother took 4th Place in the State Open in AZ, and third in Utah Open, but got injured and stop playing competition golf.

I shoot around mid 80's, depends who I'm golfing with! If it's the high-school team I down by High 70's LOL But I'm getting old!

I love teaching those kids golf and bringing a game where the whole family can go out and enjoy the day playing golf! Sometimes it's a goal trying to get your best shoot off the tee, that is what making it fun!

I started to work at a little golf and ski shop in a little town AZ I also live in Utah too; half the time, and wanted to learn more about making clubs and fixing clubs too, also doing fittings too, that is why I came to MYGOLFSPY!  I play almost anywhere, I really like the Southern Utah Golf Courses!  I been back East and played in Ohio and some other states, great courses too but the Sunset over Utah and AZ playing that last hole, is just dang beautiful!

Sometimes you really want to play a course that is really good, then you find out it's over 200 bucks to play it! But Utah and Az have the most beautiful Golf Courses in he world I think!

My nick, after watching that 70's show and watching some movies with the actor, I went with that!

Thanks all for reading and have a great weekend of golf!

Edited by DudeWheresMyPar

image.png.d7decdb0d9c79d82ad294d17928ade7d.pngSim2 Max ProjectX Cherry Tour Reg; M5 Tour Driver Fujikura Ventus Black 6 Reg

image.png.d7decdb0d9c79d82ad294d17928ade7d.pngSIM 2 MAX Fairway Woods: 3,5  Fujikura Ventus Blue Reg

image.png.f347c07f1c3d8a12cadd834746f189bd.png Mavrik Max 4 Hybrid, Tour AD HY 75 Reg

image.png.d7decdb0d9c79d82ad294d17928ade7d.png M4 Irons  5,-P,A  KBS Max 85 Red

image.png.d7decdb0d9c79d82ad294d17928ade7d.pngSIM 2 Max Rescue 5 Fujikura Ventus Blue Reg

Sand Wedge  image.png.d7decdb0d9c79d82ad294d17928ade7d.png Raw Milled Grind 2

Titleist Vokey 08 Spin 60° Wedge

Vintage Golden Bear Putter

Kirkland Signature v2.0 Putter  Golfballs; Taylormade Tour Soft, Titleist Tour Soft, Titleist Velocity

Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Team half-cord grips, FootJoy Men's Tour Alpha, Adidas Tech Response

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2019 at 2:37 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Southwest Region

California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Hawaii

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Off and on over 50 years. 18-20

2. What do you love about golf? Feeling of hitting a well struck ball

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Test equipment and information. Not that I know of.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? San Diego. Admiral Baker 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? You can play all the time. You can play all the time.

6. What do you do for a living? Retired from elevators

7. How’d you pick your user name? It’s me

:ping-small: 

Driver - G410 Plus

3h, 4h, 5h - G410

6, 7, 8, 9, P, U, S - G425

Putter - Sigma 2 Fetch

:callaway-small:

60 degree Jaws Full Toe Raw Black

What’s in my bag

Ping G410 Driver, 3, 4, and 5 hybrids.

Ping G425 irons, 6, 7, 8, 9, P, U, S

Ping Putter, Sigma 2 Fetch 

Callaway Jaws Full Toe Black 60 degree

Founders Golf Bag

Callaway Supper Soft Golf Balls

:ping-small: 

Driver - G410 Plus

3h, 4h, 5h - G410

6, 7, 8, 9, P, U, S - G425

Putter - Sigma 2 Fetch

:callaway-small:

60 degree Jaws Full Toe Raw Black

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started playing 30 years ago, but after having 4 knee surgeries it's taken me some time to get back to my normal game. My handicap is currently 8.

What do you love about golf? I love the smell of fresh cut grass and the incredible views.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I just happened to come across the forum.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in San Diego, CA and have the incredible privilege of playing Torrey Pines quite often.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? There are a ton of golf courses in my area with an array of scenery, but some of the courses are pricey.

What do you do for a living? I'm currently in grad school, working on my MS in mechanical engineering.

How’d you pick your user name? Yahoo suggested it years ago and it's stuck.

What's in my bag? I'm currently playing:

TaylorMade Rocketbladez irons

TaylorMade RBZ driver                   

Callaway Big Bertha Steel head fairway woods

Cleveland wedges                               

Scotty Cameron putter

Edited by devonm220
Adding more

Q:  How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

A:  Started in high school, played through my late 30's, took most of my 40's off(kids), took it back up at 47 and not planning on stopping.  Usually shoot in the mid-upper 80's.

Q:  What do you love about golf?

A:  Equipment junkie mainly, but as a city boy, I do enjoy getting outside on the course to enjoy nature.

Q:  What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

A:  Found the YouTube channel, liked its content, figured I would see what's on the forums.

Q:  Where are you from? What is your home course?

A:  Originally from Chicago, currently in Phoenix, AZ.  No official home course, but play Sun City South the most.

Q:  What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

A:  Worst is firm conditions, especially the bunkers.  Best is the cheap rates during the summer.

Q:  What do you do for a living?

A:  Network Engineer

Q:  How’d you pick your user name?

A:  Lazy, same as email.

Current bag(changes frequently)

Driver:  PXG Gen5 XF 10.5* Diamana Limited S60 Stiff

FW/Hy:  PXG Gen4 XF 3w/5w/7w Diamana Limited S70 Stiff

Irons:  PXG Gen3-P 5-GW MMT 80 Stiff

Wedges:  PXG 0311 Forged 54/58 Elevate 95 Reg

Putter:  PXG Blackjack

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I am super excited to join this community and about MGS.  I just found MGS and the forum and found this to be really fun and a great site for info.

Q. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
A. I have been playing since I was about 12 and played a lot through high school, but when I couldn't get a scholarship to play golf it had to go on the back burner. As life, marriage, kids and a career happened, I played fewer and fewer rounds as the years went by.  The last few years I played less than 5 times a year and was ready to give it up. This this summer my brother in law just about begged me to play while I was visiting and I found the joy again and I am on fire. I peaked at a 6 but am about a 12 now hoping to get back down to where I was.

Q. What do you love about golf?
A. There are a lot of things. I love being outside and enjoying nature. I love the time to be away from hectic life and being able to regroup. I also love being able to play with friends but also meet new people.

Q. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
A. I found it while searching about golf products and ideas as I was starting my research on new equipment. I love the unbiases views and reviews as well as the great people that run it. I don't know of anyone else on the site.

Q. Where are you from? What is your home course?
A. I live in Oro Valley, AZ (suburb of Tucson) and I consider El Conquistador as my home course though I am not a member.

Q. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
A. The heat in the summer is brutal and can make it difficult to get through a round at times, but the best is that we are still playing when everyone else has to trade their clubs for a shovel!!!  I also love the desert scenery and challenges of desert golf.

Q. What do you do for a living?
A. I am a CPA and I am in corporate finance. I am the Director of Finance/Controller for a locally based company.

Q. How’d you pick your user name?
A. When the movie Big Daddy came out in the late 90's, I was in college and my friends called my Scuba Steve after the action figure in the movie. I took that and combined it with basketball, hoops, that I was playing a lot of and really into at the time to get a unique user name that has always been available whenever a unique user name is needed.

Driver      PXGLogo.png.1340f112fc949f428cfc644109898c61.png           0211    2021 10.5 - Project X Evenflow Riptide 50 6.0 Stiff
Fairway  Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png            4W        949X - Project X Mid Launch 6.0 Stiff
                PingLogo.png.a251f81c845ada3af20f32f8b6a253b0.png    3H         G Hybrid - Alta 70 Stiff
Irons     Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png             4U         699 Pro Utility - Project X 6.0 Stiff
                Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png              5-PW    639CB Forged Black - True Temper Elevate 95 MPH Stiff
Wedges  Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png            AW       699 Pro - True Temper Elevate 95 MPH Stiff
                              Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png            SW       TAIII 54LB - True Temper Elevate 95 MPH Stiff
                MizunoLogoBlue.png.d31312b724dab9151820c2d97b393879.png              LW        S23 Satin Chrome 60.06 X Grind - Project X LZ Black
Putter    368532612_LABGolf.jpg.e21b53ae4c47d5f3cfc2622cc66b2f4e.jpg             L.A.B     DF2.1
Ball        BridgestoneBlackLogo-SmallCropped.jpg.72110691d0627f2c80b847b41fec7f06.jpg             Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag     PingLogo.png.a251f81c845ada3af20f32f8b6a253b0.png    2022 Hoofer Lite in Grey
Shoes   SqairzLogo.jpg.b72c9f55f7b63f0f5f6b531422f8e6ab.jpg  Speed Bold in Black
Glove   RedRoosterLogo.png.8ab7e5022e0052c04f2a8a208b191ceb.png

2 hours ago, scubahoops said:

Hello all. I am super excited to join this community and about MGS.  I just found MGS and the forum and found this to be really fun and a great site for info.

Q. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
A. I have been playing since I was about 12 and played a lot through high school, but when I couldn't get a scholarship to play golf it had to go on the back burner. As life, marriage, kids and a career happened, I played fewer and fewer rounds as the years went by.  The last few years I played less than 5 times a year and was ready to give it up. This this summer my brother in law just about begged me to play while I was visiting and I found the joy again and I am on fire. I peaked at a 6 but am about a 12 now hoping to get back down to where I was.

Q. What do you love about golf?
A. There are a lot of things. I love being outside and enjoying nature. I love the time to be away from hectic life and being able to regroup. I also love being able to play with friends but also meet new people.

Q. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
A. I found it while searching about golf products and ideas as I was starting my research on new equipment. I love the unbiases views and reviews as well as the great people that run it. I don't know of anyone else on the site.

Q. Where are you from? What is your home course?
A. I live in Oro Valley, AZ (suburb of Tucson) and I consider El Conquistador as my home course though I am not a member.

Q. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
A. The heat in the summer is brutal and can make it difficult to get through a round at times, but the best is that we are still playing when everyone else has to trade their clubs for a shovel!!!  I also love the desert scenery and challenges of desert golf.

Q. What do you do for a living?
A. I am a CPA and I am in corporate finance. I am the Director of Finance/Controller for a locally based company.

Q. How’d you pick your user name?
A. When the movie Big Daddy came out in the late 90's, I was in college and my friends called my Scuba Steve after the action figure in the movie. I took that and combined it with basketball, hoops, that I was playing a lot of and really into at the time to get a unique user name that has always been available whenever a unique user name is needed.

Welcome to the forum!!  I've played many courses in the Tucson area, but that was many years ago.  I stayed for two weeks at a time at the Marriott Starr Pass, as well as condos at Rancho Vistoso.  Loved that course, but I guess the course has been re-purposed.

I was fortunate to play El Conquistador, The Gallery, and Dove Mountain courses; all great!  I don't have any business in the area anymore, but hope to make it down there again.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Welcome to the forum!!  I've played many courses in the Tucson area, but that was many years ago.  I stayed for two weeks at a time at the Marriott Starr Pass, as well as condos at Rancho Vistoso.  Loved that course, but I guess the course has been re-purposed.

I was fortunate to play El Conquistador, The Gallery, and Dove Mountain courses; all great!  I don't have any business in the area anymore, but hope to make it down there again.

Thank you, glad to be here.

It is a nice area to play. I haven't played too many courses here yet since I picked the game back up but plan to next spring and summer when the rates go down. This is the time to come for great weather but the rates to play are a bit high.

Never been to the Richland but that is the area my dad graduated high school, he lived in Pasco.  

Driver      PXGLogo.png.1340f112fc949f428cfc644109898c61.png           0211    2021 10.5 - Project X Evenflow Riptide 50 6.0 Stiff
Fairway  Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png            4W        949X - Project X Mid Launch 6.0 Stiff
                PingLogo.png.a251f81c845ada3af20f32f8b6a253b0.png    3H         G Hybrid - Alta 70 Stiff
Irons     Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png             4U         699 Pro Utility - Project X 6.0 Stiff
                Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png              5-PW    639CB Forged Black - True Temper Elevate 95 MPH Stiff
Wedges  Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png            AW       699 Pro - True Temper Elevate 95 MPH Stiff
                              Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png            SW       TAIII 54LB - True Temper Elevate 95 MPH Stiff
                MizunoLogoBlue.png.d31312b724dab9151820c2d97b393879.png              LW        S23 Satin Chrome 60.06 X Grind - Project X LZ Black
Putter    368532612_LABGolf.jpg.e21b53ae4c47d5f3cfc2622cc66b2f4e.jpg             L.A.B     DF2.1
Ball        BridgestoneBlackLogo-SmallCropped.jpg.72110691d0627f2c80b847b41fec7f06.jpg             Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag     PingLogo.png.a251f81c845ada3af20f32f8b6a253b0.png    2022 Hoofer Lite in Grey
Shoes   SqairzLogo.jpg.b72c9f55f7b63f0f5f6b531422f8e6ab.jpg  Speed Bold in Black
Glove   RedRoosterLogo.png.8ab7e5022e0052c04f2a8a208b191ceb.png

10 hours ago, scubahoops said:

Thank you, glad to be here.

It is a nice area to play. I haven't played too many courses here yet since I picked the game back up but plan to next spring and summer when the rates go down. This is the time to come for great weather but the rates to play are a bit high.

Never been to the Richland but that is the area my dad graduated high school, he lived in Pasco.  

Most of my visits were in JULY!!  Rates were cheap.  😂  I did make a vacation visit for 2 weeks in Jan-Feb timeframe and it was gorgeous!  I highly recommend Ghini's French Caffe in Tucson for breakfast and lunch if you haven't found it already.  Loved it!!

Sun Willows GC is our sister course in Pasco; your dad would have known it as the Pasco muni.  My course is Columbia Point GC, the muni in Richland across the Columbia River from Pasco.  Your dad would have know it as Sham-Na-Pum and it's where I learned to play golf 30 years ago.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all!

• Played with my father growing up for about 3 years and now have picked up the game again for the past 2 years. Unofficial 11 handicap.

• The community, walking for exercise, always seeking improvements, green grass, warm sun, hitting great shots and sinking puts.

• Honest reviews and opinions. Don't know any others personally yet.

• Grew up in Northern California (Solano County), Currently living in Hollywood, CA and play at Sepulveda and Griffith Park.

• Best weather year round. Hard to get decent tee times even with a L.A. City Golf Player Card.

• Technical consultant with enterprise software.

• Ask me personally, lol. Mostly a spin off of my real name.

Ping 410 with Evenflow shaft

SIM 2 Woods/hybrid

T300 Irons

RTX Wedges

Huntington Beach Soft Blade 

8 hours ago, watrick said:

Hello all!

• Played with my father growing up for about 3 years and now have picked up the game again for the past 2 years. Unofficial 11 handicap.

• The community, walking for exercise, always seeking improvements, green grass, warm sun, hitting great shots and sinking puts.

• Honest reviews and opinions. Don't know any others personally yet.

• Grew up in Northern California (Solano County), Currently living in Hollywood, CA and play at Sepulveda and Griffith Park.

• Best weather year round. Hard to get decent tee times even with a L.A. City Golf Player Card.

• Technical consultant with enterprise software.

• Ask me personally, lol. Mostly a spin off of my real name.

Welcome! I'm up in Santa Clarita, but play the Valley area a bunch (Balboa/woodley, Hansen Dam, Knollwood (when I can get a tee time...), Etc.) with some buddies. 

There's a few "Spies" on here in the LA area - we should try to organize a game!

Some awesome info/people on the forum - definitely poke around and Let me know if you have any questions - I've been around a while now and this has become my main "social media" spot - way less ads and weirdos 😜

-Matt

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

• 1 month later...

I've been a reader but not a contributor, so far. I've started to play well enough again so that equipment is once again become a focus. The golf ball conversation was enlightening as well as confusing as it appears the only way to decide is by trial and error. Hmmmm. That's a challenge without the correct place and ball access to do so. I've been told as my speed has declined that I needed a softer ball to launch it higher. The ball review implies the opposite. That's an eye opener.

I just went through a Driver fitting and purchased a Titleist TSr2 with Project X Hzrdus 50g shaft. It's much easier to swing than my old TaylorMade R15 with stiff Bassura shaft. The result is better swings on all my clubs. 

In my bag now:

Driver - Titleist TSr2

Fairway Metal - TaylorMade 16 degree HL

3 hybrid - Cleveland 20.5

Irons 4-P - Callaway Apex recoil ES 760 | F3

Wedges - recently added Harry Taylor 56/11 -52/9 - 48/8

Putter - PING Anser 4 (May 2022) replaced Scotty Cameron Studio

As you can plainly see I have no brand loyalty. The only newer clubs are the wedges, Driver & Putter. 

Balls, I've tried them all. My go to was Titleist AVX and Pro V1. Also trying Sxiron brands currently testing Q-Star Tour. I'm just not willing to pay $60 / dozen. I can get Q-Star for $32 with Qi.Golf logo.

My scoring is back to my historical range 75-85. I play in Tucson during winter and Bandon Dunes in summer (I forecaddy).

• 2 weeks later...
    • I learned to play about 14 years ago in my mid 20s, but played casually and sporadically.  The last two years I've taken a greater interest in getting better and playing more often.  I shoot low 90s on a good day.
    • The constant challenge, the enjoyment, the time with friends, and the nature aspect of it.
    • I have been a fan of the review articles and the podcast.
    • Orange County.  Not an official home course, but play pretty often at Meadowlark and Fullerton.
    • Best - the weather and most people you play with here are very friendly.  Worst - Courses are often very crowded and the traffic getting to the course.
    • Marketing

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G425 Max ( Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 55g R)

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: Titleist TSR2 5 Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 R)

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Apex 21 DCB (Project X IO Steel R), 

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Putter: :cleveland-small: Cleveland HB Soft #8P (UST All-In)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Q Star Tour

• 4 weeks later...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Been about 5 years for me on and off but I would definitely say the last 2 years have been more serious! Handie Cap is about a 10-11 as of now😤

What do you love about golf?

The scenery has to be up there and actually how hard it is. It's just that much more satisfying when you finally get it down.🙌🏾

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I joined actually awhile back, but I was just getting into golf and joining communities. I joined to see all the reviews, wanted to know what the best things to buy were!

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I currently live in Carson California and my home course is actually the infamous "Worst course in America" links at Victoria 😂 I live right down the street from it. Use it mostly for the range and only played there once....No need for details haha

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best is the weather is always pretty solid except right now of course. 

Worst has to be that it's terrible hard to find tee times and really hard to find Grass driving ranges. I'm so tired of mats!! 

What do you do for a living?

Currently just watch my daughter and bringing her up. I was laid off right when she was born, she's about 18 months now. Honestly love it but looking to get back into work once she's old enough!

How’d you pick your user name?

I think I need to change it to my instgram handle "ThrifTeeGolf. Love the name cause I thrift for my golf clothes which I like the style of bigger clothing and retro stuff! 

Hope that gives a great insight on my game and who I am. Thanks y'all!

Driver: Big Bertha Fusion

Hybrid: Taylormade Aero Burner

Irons: JPX 921

Wedges: Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter: Nike Method Matter

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   4 months, handicap around 30

What do you love about golf?  combination of the constantly working to get better and having time to enjoy being outside 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Love the community and wanted to be a part of it

Where are you from? What is your home course?   Phoenix, Raven 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Weather, Firm bunkers

What do you do for a living? Software Engineering

How’d you pick your user name? Old gaming username 

Bag: Jones

Driver: TSR3 with tensei av raw blue shaft 55g stiff

Irons: callaway x2 hot 5-aw regular flex stock graphite

Wedges: 54 degree sm6 f grind with dynamic gold, 58 degree milledgrind with dynamic gold 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 

bag.jpg.4d855429299e3b3ec507134d49bde795.jpgputter.jpg.e8147cfc2bccabc9cb148f78086b13a2.jpgputter(1).jpg.3fa6b3a1a9fe0f0dd0f72f84160bc228.jpgdriver2.jpg.c1887560897efb2d7c4d959efbe8ec28.jpgdriver1.jpg.c4b23683e2c6b5c047588239278d6c2f.jpg

On 3/24/2023 at 7:48 AM, ThrifTeeGolf said:

links at Victoria

I live near this course but have never played.  I've heard plenty about it though haha.  Kudos for staying home and taking care of your daughter.

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

1 hour ago, SteveGH7 said:

I live near this course but have never played.  I've heard plenty about it though haha.  Kudos for staying home and taking care of your daughter.

Appreciate that brotha! Yeah I honestly had no idea that it was famous for being so bad until recently Lol. Never played the course until I did a month ago for just 9 holes for a quick pick me up. It's pretty bad, and they charge way to much for the conditions. You're not missing much I promise 😂

50 minutes ago, ThrifTeeGolf said:

It's pretty bad, and they charge way to much for the conditions. You're not missing much I promise 😂

I kind of what to play it just for the experience of playing one of the worse courses in America.  Are the fairways as bad as they say?

Hello everyone,

I finally got the bug to get out and golf more and play with better equipment. I am a self taught golfer, played basketball in college. I love the competition and want to play better. I’ve played with the same irons for about 10 years so I think it’s time to upgrade my equipment and bring down my handicap. I recently joined a Womens golf league so now that I’m learning the golf rules I’m determined to play better too.

Mrs. Golf 

On 2/21/2023 at 7:38 AM, Robert Qi.Golf said:

I've been a reader but not a contributor, so far. I've started to play well enough again so that equipment is once again become a focus. The golf ball conversation was enlightening as well as confusing as it appears the only way to decide is by trial and error. Hmmmm. That's a challenge without the correct place and ball access to do so. I've been told as my speed has declined that I needed a softer ball to launch it higher. The ball review implies the opposite. That's an eye opener.

I just went through a Driver fitting and purchased a Titleist TSr2 with Project X Hzrdus 50g shaft. It's much easier to swing than my old TaylorMade R15 with stiff Bassura shaft. The result is better swings on all my clubs. 

In my bag now:

Driver - Titleist TSr2

Fairway Metal - TaylorMade 16 degree HL

3 hybrid - Cleveland 20.5

Irons 4-P - Callaway Apex recoil ES 760 | F3

Wedges - recently added Harry Taylor 56/11 -52/9 - 48/8

Putter - PING Anser 4 (May 2022) replaced Scotty Cameron Studio

As you can plainly see I have no brand loyalty. The only newer clubs are the wedges, Driver & Putter. 

Balls, I've tried them all. My go to was Titleist AVX and Pro V1. Also trying Sxiron brands currently testing Q-Star Tour. I'm just not willing to pay $60 / dozen. I can get Q-Star for $32 with Qi.Golf logo.

My scoring is back to my historical range 75-85. I play in Tucson during winter and Bandon Dunes in summer (I forecaddy).

Welcome! Sorry for the delay - just seeing this now 🙂 If I ever make the trip up to Bandon, I'll be sure to look you up! It's very much on my must-visit list in the next few years.

Welcome to the forum! 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

On 3/1/2023 at 10:06 AM, SteveGH7 said:
    • I learned to play about 14 years ago in my mid 20s, but played casually and sporadically.  The last two years I've taken a greater interest in getting better and playing more often.  I shoot low 90s on a good day.
    • The constant challenge, the enjoyment, the time with friends, and the nature aspect of it.
    • I have been a fan of the review articles and the podcast.
    • Orange County.  Not an official home course, but play pretty often at Meadowlark and Fullerton.
    • Best - the weather and most people you play with here are very friendly.  Worst - Courses are often very crowded and the traffic getting to the course.
    • Marketing

Welcome! Glad to have you here - if you ever get up to the L.A. area, let me know - we'll try to set something up!

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

3 hours ago, Mrs Golf said:

Hello everyone,

I finally got the bug to get out and golf more and play with better equipment. I am a self taught golfer, played basketball in college. I love the competition and want to play better. I’ve played with the same irons for about 10 years so I think it’s time to upgrade my equipment and bring down my handicap. I recently joined a Womens golf league so now that I’m learning the golf rules I’m determined to play better too.

Welcome! I'm jealous of your golfing options - so many great courses nearby!  Hope you poke around the forum - some great folks and really entertaining threads to contribute to.  

Glad to have you here!

On 3/24/2023 at 7:48 AM, ThrifTeeGolf said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Been about 5 years for me on and off but I would definitely say the last 2 years have been more serious! Handie Cap is about a 10-11 as of now😤

What do you love about golf?

The scenery has to be up there and actually how hard it is. It's just that much more satisfying when you finally get it down.🙌🏾

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I joined actually awhile back, but I was just getting into golf and joining communities. I joined to see all the reviews, wanted to know what the best things to buy were!

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I currently live in Carson California and my home course is actually the infamous "Worst course in America" links at Victoria 😂 I live right down the street from it. Use it mostly for the range and only played there once....No need for details haha

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best is the weather is always pretty solid except right now of course. 

Worst has to be that it's terrible hard to find tee times and really hard to find Grass driving ranges. I'm so tired of mats!! 

What do you do for a living?

Currently just watch my daughter and bringing her up. I was laid off right when she was born, she's about 18 months now. Honestly love it but looking to get back into work once she's old enough!

How’d you pick your user name?

I think I need to change it to my instgram handle "ThrifTeeGolf. Love the name cause I thrift for my golf clothes which I like the style of bigger clothing and retro stuff! 

Hope that gives a great insight on my game and who I am. Thanks y'all!

Welcome to the forum! Happy to have you here 🙂 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

On 3/24/2023 at 9:38 AM, Markand4 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   4 months, handicap around 30

What do you love about golf?  combination of the constantly working to get better and having time to enjoy being outside 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Love the community and wanted to be a part of it

Where are you from? What is your home course?   Phoenix, Raven 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Weather, Firm bunkers

What do you do for a living? Software Engineering

How’d you pick your user name? Old gaming username 

Welcome!

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

Thank you! 

Bag: Jones

Driver: TSR3 with tensei av raw blue shaft 55g stiff

Irons: callaway x2 hot 5-aw regular flex stock graphite

Wedges: 54 degree sm6 f grind with dynamic gold, 58 degree milledgrind with dynamic gold 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 

bag.jpg.4d855429299e3b3ec507134d49bde795.jpgputter.jpg.e8147cfc2bccabc9cb148f78086b13a2.jpgputter(1).jpg.3fa6b3a1a9fe0f0dd0f72f84160bc228.jpgdriver2.jpg.c1887560897efb2d7c4d959efbe8ec28.jpgdriver1.jpg.c4b23683e2c6b5c047588239278d6c2f.jpg

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Welcome! I'm jealous of your golfing options - so many great courses nearby!  Hope you poke around the forum - some great folks and really entertaining threads to contribute to.  

Glad to have you here!

Welcome to the forum! Happy to have you here 🙂 

Thank you! Much appreciated, definitely nice to finally communicate with the community here 🤙🏾

On 3/25/2023 at 11:01 AM, SteveGH7 said:

I kind of what to play it just for the experience of playing one of the worse courses in America.  Are the fairways as bad as they say?

The fairways are pretty bad in the middle with dirt and gofer holes. I will say the greens and tee boxes are actually kept pretty clean. Some Par 3s are actually nice. But the bigger par 4 and 5s there it sucks to hit nicely in the fairway when it's a lot of dirt lol. If you can play there you can play anywhere 😂