Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Southwest: CA, NV, UT, AZ, HI

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Hey Hey MGS Spies,

How long have you been playing golf? Pops bought me my first set in 1995 but I only recently started playing seriously in June of 2022. What’s your handicap or normal score? Down to a 21... Starting to finally scare 88/89 on the good days; Normally shoot high 90s

What do you love about golf? My daughter was diagnosed with a rare genetic condition in November of 2021 and shortly after the diagnosis, around March 2022, my buddies took me out for a round to try and get my mind off everything and, for the first time in months, I was able to truly clear my head of all the heaviness and, for the next 4+ hours, I was only worried about my next shank... Right or Wrong, I have been chasing that "high" ever since. I've learned to love the challenge of the game, and the game of life.  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I've become a golf tech nerd and truly enjoy learning all the intricacies of the game & equipment. Do you already know any other Spies? Not yet but looking forward to it!

Where are you from? Born and raised in South Orange County, California. What is your home course? San Juan Hills Golf Club, where the swallows flock

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Worse = Laughable Green Fees & Pace of Play; Best = Playing Year Round

What do you do for a living? Business Development for a Lighting Technology Company

How’d you pick your user name? it's a spin-off of my last name

Cheers, and play well!

Drive for Show - Callaway ParadymX 9° | Graphite Design Tour AD XC-6x

"3 Wood" - TaylorMade BRNR 13.5° | Stock Shaft

5 Wood - TaylorMade Sim2 Max | Fujikura VB 6s

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno JPX923 HM | KBS C-Taper Lite x

Wedges (50, 54, 60) - Cleveland CBX Zip | (56) - TaylorMade MG3 Low Bounce

Putt for Dough - Scotty Cam Squareback 2 

On 8/2/2023 at 11:30 AM, Pohgoh said:

Where are you from? Born and raised in South Orange County, California. What is your home course? San Juan Hills Golf Club, where the swallows flock

Welcome.  We should get an Orange County area outing for forum members going sometime.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G425 Max ( Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 55g R)

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: Titleist TSR2 5 Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 R)

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Apex 21 DCB (Project X IO Steel R), 

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Putter: :cleveland-small: Cleveland HB Soft #8P (UST All-In)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Q Star Tour

On 2/11/2019 at 3:37 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Hello from sunny Phoenix, Arizona.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Started playing around 10. Played through high school and quit once I got to college. Picked it back up ~3 years ago. Currently around a 4.5 but the past 4-6 weeks been scoring more around a 7-8

2. What do you love about golf? The endless cycle of improving and scoring better

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Starting to develop a desire to play with equipment that may better suit my skill/swing 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Ocotillo Golf, water on 22/27 holes

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: truly an endless number of golf courses within reasonable driving distance. Worst: its either 110⁰ with available and affordable tee times, or snow bird season with few, very expensive openings

6. What do you do for a living? Work in the data science space

7. How’d you pick your user name? Been a nickname for years

WITB:

• Titleist TSR2 Driver Tensei AV Xlink Blue 65 X
  • Titleist TSR2 3W Tensei 1K Black 75 S
  • Titleist TSR2 7W Tensei 1K Black 75 S
  • 4-PW 2021 Arizona Zx7s Accra iSeries Tour 110i 
  • Vokey SMs 48/54/69
  • Old Spider

On 8/5/2023 at 7:18 AM, SteveGH7 said:

Welcome.  We should get an Orange County area outing for forum members going sometime.

As someone who lives in LA, if this ends up happening please let me know.

AP3 - 4 - PW

Vokey 50 & 54

Sim 2 Driver 

Hi all, 

I have been playing golf since I was 13, and off and on for the last 15 years. I will typically shoot anywhere between 79-85. My biggest struggle has always been off the tee, but it’s slowly getting better. 

I love the challenge of golf, and the couple shots a round that you think about non-stop til you get back out on the course.

I have been following MGS for a long time, and have always appreciated the data, reviews, and other golfers real life experiences. With so many options to choose from, and claims that don’t always translate to real life, I’ve valued what MGS does more and more, and thought it’s time to join the forums and share my experiences as well

I am from Utah originally, but moved down to Gilbert/Mesa Arizona and absolutely love the ability to golf all year long. My home course is Western Skies.

The best part about my region is year long golf, the worst? Summers are brutal, but even on the worst days, a night range session is always an option.

Titleist 913 D3 Driver, 917 3 wood and hybrid. Ap2 710 irons, vokey wedges and bettinardi inovai 8 putter. 

On 8/5/2023 at 7:18 AM, SteveGH7 said:

thank you, sir! most definitely! happy to help get something going. I've got a few good contacts at some local courses that I'm sure would be interested. Cheers!

Drive for Show - Callaway ParadymX 9° | Graphite Design Tour AD XC-6x

"3 Wood" - TaylorMade BRNR 13.5° | Stock Shaft

5 Wood - TaylorMade Sim2 Max | Fujikura VB 6s

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno JPX923 HM | KBS C-Taper Lite x

Wedges (50, 54, 60) - Cleveland CBX Zip | (56) - TaylorMade MG3 Low Bounce

Putt for Dough - Scotty Cam Squareback 2 

Hi all! I’m from Southern California.
I joined MGS to dive deeper into the golf community.

I’ve been playing golf casually since I was a kid and recently picked back up as a hobby a few years ago. Currently playing off a 3.2 handicap

I don’t really know any MSG member but I’m excited to meet you guys.

I’m from Thousand Oaks, CA and current home course is Tierra Rejada golf club

There’s some beautiful golf courses in the area but the drawback are high prices and limited options / accessibility.

I work as a strength and conditioning coach

My username is just based off my name!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strength coach💪

Howdy Gang

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - Been playing seriously for about a year and a half. Played during college some but that was more about the beers than the shots. Gotten my HCP down to about a 12, but will occasionally break into the 70s. 

What do you love about golf? - The community. I've always been a social person, but as I got older it became harder and harder to find thing to do with buddies that kept some friendly competition. I've made tons a great new friends since starting to play again.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - Long time listener, first time caller. Love the reviews, its hard to find unbiased opinions with the number of paid endorsements out there on social media these days so to have a true, quality resource is extremely helpful

Where are you from? What is your home course?  - Phoenix AZ - Lookout Mountain Golf Club 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - Quality and number of courses for sure. The list of "must plays" is near endless but peak season pricing makes some of these courses unattainable to play unless its 110*+ out which brings its own challenges but nothing a cold beer and some ice in the hat wont fix. 

What do you do for a living? - Real Estate/Sales

How’d you pick your user name? - Its my Instagram handle but is a nod to the great Darrelle Revis and RevisIsland

WITB

• D-  Titelist TSR 2 9* - HZRDUS 4G 60g X-Stiff 
  • 3w - Titelist TSR 2+ 13.5* - HZRDUS 4G 70g Stiff  
  • 4w Titelist TSR 2 16.5* - HZRDUS 4G 70g Stiff 
  • 7w Titelist TSR 2 21*- HZRDUS 4G 80g Stiff
  • Irons - Titelist T200 4U -HZRDUS 4G 90g H Stiff 
  • Irons - Titelist T200 5i-Pw True Temper AMT Tour White S300
  • Wedges Vokey SM9 48F/54F/58D
  • Putter - Scotty Cameron Jet Set Limited 34" Newport 2 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 
I’ve played golf for about 5 years. I’m currently a 16 handicap.  

2. What do you love about golf?  

I love the technical side of golf. I love the physics, studying the technique and trying to apply those to my own game.  I love dada and metrics to the point where it starts to impede my game.  I enjoy how golf is a sport that can be done here at my home course but also adds such a highlight to any vacation by exploring new courses around the world. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I came across MGS about a year ago on instagram and really appreciate their dedication to providing honest and unbiased content.   I don’t think I know any other MGS people here, but it’s a small world so perhaps there are some familiar faces and I just don’t know it yet!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I’m from Oregon originally but have lived in Reno, Nevada for nearly a decade.   My home course is Somersett Golf and Country Club. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best part about golf here is 300 days of sunshine.  No rainy or wet rounds of golf!  The worst part is that we do get a fair amount of snow and the course is closed several months each year.  

6. What do you do for a living?

I am a proud husband, father and an anesthesiologist! 

7. How’d you pick your user name?

It’s just my first and last name shortened :). 

Irons: PXG Gen4P

Driver: Titleist TSR3 with Ventus Blue shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron garage sale find 🙂

Launch Monitor: Uneekor QED

Hitting mat: Country Club Elite

On 8/9/2023 at 8:21 AM, Pohgoh said:

thank you, sir! most definitely! happy to help get something going. I've got a few good contacts at some local courses that I'm sure would be interested. Cheers!

What are some of your favorites, in addition to San Juan?

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Hello Everyone!

I'm RAD and new to the forums. I recently joined a golf club and I'm playing in my first tournament this weekend. I love golf and the competition/friendships it brings. Always looking to practice or get out on the course.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I played a bit when I was younger, mostly with my dad. Never got into it. I played maybe once or twice a year in my 20s. Got addicted in my 30s, but played off and on. Really got serious about it 6 years ago, and I'm trying to get better. Handicap is 19.6.

What do you love about golf? I love the mental aspect. One good shot can make you forget 50 bad ones. I feel golf is a sport where you can really learn something new each round. I'm always open to tricks/tips of the trade. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? MGS flooded my IG with their stories and reviews. I relied on them for EVERYTHING, when it came to making purchases. Now that I'm in a golf club, I find myself wanting to talk golf everyday. I do not know any other spies, this is my first forum.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Los Angeles, California, and I would consider The Navy Golf course in Cypress, CA, my home course. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about my region would be GOLF YEAR ROUND. The weather is almost perfect. It doesn't rain in Southern California. One of the worst things is trying to get a tee time. It's way too difficult to get out and play on a spur of the moment.

What do you do for a living? I'm a Senior Project Manager for a Global Marketing Research Firm.

How’d you pick your user name? I just go by RAD. It's my initials.

What's in the bag?

Driver: Srixon ZX5 MKII

Woods: 3 Wood, Cobra RadSpeed (the name got me), 5 Wood Srixon z585

Hybrid: 3H, Srixon F85

Irons: 5-AW, Srixon ZX5

Wedges: 56 Cleveland FullFace CBX2, 60 Cleveland FullFace CBX2

Putter: Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2, Pistolini Grip

Edited by RAD
forgot the template

RAD

On 8/14/2023 at 4:31 PM, RAD said:

Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Los Angeles, California, and I would consider The Navy Golf course in Cypress, CA, my home course. 

Do you typically play the Cruiser or Destroyer at the Navy course?  I've only played Destroyer once but go to the Cruiser every now and then. 

Hello Spies, TommyTwoShot here, thrilled to be joining the MyGolfSpy community and looking forward to engaging in some exciting golf topics. 

I've been playing golf off and on for years, but really ramped up my game during the pandemic when options for "outdoor activities" were limited. You'll regularly find me at Rancho Park in West LA or at Penmar in Venice Beach trying to conquer my game. I've been grinding down from a 20+ handicap and have started serious training a few months ago. 

I've always found golf to be more than just a game. The spirituality, focus, the precision, and the challenge – each round and shot teaches you something new about yourself. I enjoy praying while I play.

I stumbled upon MyGolfSpy while looking for insights on new gear and course strategies. I'm a tech nerd at heart (I work in high technology and robotics), so I appreciate in-depth, data-driven discussions. I don't personally know any Spies yet, but I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

The best thing about golfing in Southern California is the weather. We're spoilt with sunny, golf-friendly days all year round. The worst is probably the pace of play; it can get busy, and rounds can take longer than they should.

"TommyTwoShot" comes from a habit of always having two golf balls in my pocket: one for play and one for luck (or a provisional). 

Let's hit the green and start spying!

Here's the 🛄 👇

PXL_20210704_150832025-1.jpg.0e62c0401b6b67cf36e32a64384d78fe.jpg

⛳🛄:  :sunmountain:   Sun Mountain 4.5LS

Driver: :titleist-small:.  Titleist TSi3 with True Temper HZRDUS RDX Black 6.0

Fairway: :titleist-small:  Titleist TSi3 15* with HZRDUS RDX Black 6.0

Fairway: :titleist-small:.  Titleist TSi3 18* with HZRDUS RDX Black 6.0

Irons: :titleist-small:   Titleist-T300 4-9, PW, GW :truetemper: AMT-Red-S300-0.355

Irons: :titleist-small:   Titleist-T300 4-9 with :kbs: Tour Fit 120 stiff shaft

Wedges: :vokey-small:   Titleist Vokey SM8, 56, 60 with :truetemper: DG S200

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1:    2016 SELECT NEWPORT

Ball: :titleist-small:   Titleist V1x [TOUR], V1 [TOUR]

Grips: Golf Pride MCC

1.How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

- While first playing in my teens (1964-19700, I started playing more regularly in the mid-1980s.  My handicap is 12.1

2.What do you love about golf?

- Just enjoying the scenery, being outside and, in some cases, the quiet and solitude.

3.  What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

- Enjoy the equipment reviews.  Don't know other Spies.

4.  Where are you from? What is your home course?  

- Originally from Kansas City, and now live in Tucson, AZ.  Home course is Tucson Country Club.

5.  What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

-  Lots of good golf courses and the ability to play yar-round golf, are the best things. My wife and I play 18 holes, walk and carry our clubs in around 3 hours.  The pace of play is really good on our home course.  On the negative side, and this applies everywhere, is the overall cost of equipment (clubs, shoes, balls, etc)

6.  What do you do for a living?

- Nothing, I'm retired.  And ,.. I run out of time to do all the nothing I plan to do!

7.  How’d you pick your user name?  

-  it's a combination of my wife's name (Cathy) and mine (Lou):  catlo

Edited by catlo

Titleist drive (TS1)., Callaway Epic Star 5wood; MAVRIK hybrids, Callaway irons, Ping Sand wedge and Vokey 60* wedge.  Still using my Wilson 8813 and am looking for a new putter.  My wife's bag is all Callaway.  I retired from the USAF after 30 years and 17 moves --loved my career.

Hello, fellow golf enthusiasts! I'm from the Central Valley CA. I started playing golf with my dad and grandpa when I was about 6; played competitively through high school and 1 year in college. After that I took about a 10 year hiatus to establish my career and do other adult things. I recently got back into the game through coaching at a local private school and have gotten my index back down to a 5. Hoping to get closer to a 2-3.

Currently I play with with Apex 21 irons, Callaway Paradigm hybrids & 3HL fairway wood and a Maverick driver. I still use my Scotty Cameron from college.

-Uriah

On 2/11/2019 at 5:01 PM, Jaredgamble5 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I don't even know if I can say I "play" golf. I just swing clubs at balls, no idea what my handicap might be.

2. What do you love about golf? Honestly, I enjoy the game but mostly, I just enjoy the people I'm with.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Truthfully, testing.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? AZ currently though life has taken me to various parts of the country. My favorite course is probably South Mountain in Utah or The Reserve at Spanos Park in Ca.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is that there are nothing but golf courses but the tradeoff is the heat in summer...oppressive doesn't even begin to tell the story.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm the Director of Payroll and I also help people plan for retirement. They aren't as different as you might think.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Well, my favorite thing is being a dad and I live in AZ. 

TaylorMade Tour Courza Putter

TaylorMade R11s Driver, 3 Wood and 5 Wood

Taylor Made R11 Irons 3-PW

Edited by AZDaddy49

Just a dad in Arizona

How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing as long as i can remember. My grandpa growing up had a net hung in his garage where i would go hit balls anytime we went to visit grandma. Been playing frequently since 2005.

What’s your handicap or normal score? 2.4

What do you love about golf? Golf is my escape. I love that I can get on the course and forget what’s happening in the world, my job and life. It’s a great release to just enjoy Mother Nature and know that how good I am is solely up to me. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I’ve heard of and seen my golf spy on Twitter but never followed. I’ve found myself having questions recently I think others could help with. I also am super interested in being a tester.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Lehi, Utah. Home course would be fox hollow. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about golf in Utah the variety of courses you can play. From links style to regular to mountain courses we have them all. There are two worst things. Snow and really crappy bunkers. We might have four courses that have decent sand outside of private courses. 

What do you do for a living? I work as the overnight valet at marriott in salt lake. 

How’d you pick your user name? I am a huge BYU football fan. My name is usually spelled with a C but my parents spelled my name with a K so instead of gocougs I use gokougs!

Hit ‘em straight. 

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to make my introduction officially in the WITB group, figure that's a good place to start.

Hello Southwest Region! Self professed Golf obsessed here. Excited to meet everyone.

How long have you been playing golf? Overall, about 28 Years.  Started taking the game seriously about 8 Years ago. 

What’s your handicap or normal score? Currently playing at 12.5 index. Have a 1st and 2nd Net in my first year playing Club Tournaments. 10 and a 12th in Gross. Before this season I was a regular 90's shooter, but I think I have turned a corner. Last three rounds were 84, 82, 78. Club Tournaments.

What do you love about golf? What is not to love? The game is very special to me... Something I did with my Father as a kid, and something I now do with my children. It truly is my passion. I am what you could call a golf nerd. I read about golf equipment, instruction, and tour talk daily, Watch golf Thurs-Sunday. I play weekly, and practice multiple days a week. Maybe a little too obsessed, if there is such a thing. 😃

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? (Lets be honest) Originally I came to the forum for the opportunity to test new equipment, and still here for that. However, This is a great place to network and meet people who have similar interests. I have been reading the MGS articles for a few years now and love the reviews. 

Where are you from? Fernley, NV (Near Reno/Tahoe)

What is your home course? The Ranch at Desert Lakes Fernley, NV

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? We have an amazing selection of courses in the area. We do have four real seasons here though, so golf can be limited in winter. (Snow)

The heat can be pretty rough in the Summer months as well, although Tahoe stays a bit cooler.

Examples: Edgewood Tahoe, (Where the American Century Championship is played)

Old Greenwood,  Truckee, CA. PGA Stop for the folks who don't qualify for the Open Championship, played the same week.

Montreaux CC Reno

What do you do for a living? Electrical and Instrumentation Tech. (Electrician) 

How’d you pick your user name? Name and Birth Year. (Basic I know)

Do you already know any other Spies? Not Personally. 

WITB:

Driver- Ping G425 MAX, Ping Tour Shaft 65g Stiff (Currently stays in the bag most days.) Makes an appearance on the range every so often. 

3 wood- Callaway Rogue (2018) Adilla Synergy 60g Stiff

3 Hybrid- Taylor Made M2 19 Degree Taylor Made M2 Reax 75g Stiff

3-5 - Callaway Apex (2014) KBS Tour V Steel 110g Stiff

6-PW Callaway Apex Pro Forged  (2014) KBS Tour V Steel 110g Stiff

52/10 - Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG Black on Steel

56/08- Vokey SM8 M Black on Black

60/9- Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG Satin

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 8.5

Thanks for the read. Looking forward to meeting you all.

20230824_181401.jpg

20230824_181425.jpg

20230824_181335.jpg

Edited by SRI1982

Driver- Ping G425 Max

3 Wood- Callaway Rogue

3 Hy- 19 Deg Taylor Made M2

Irons- Callaway Apex Pro 14’

Wedges- Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 60/9 ,  Cleveland RTX- 3 V-MG 52/10, Vokey 08 M SM8

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft

Hi All,

I've been playing 18 months and do not yet have an official handicap, but I typically score 97-93. Was recently issued a GHIN number so now I can track my rounds electronically rather than keeping all of my scorecards.

I love the constant battle to stay balanced (physically and emotionally).

MyGolfSpy is one of the few informational sites that is independent and provides thorough reviews of all things golf-related. I do not know anyone else IRL that is a loyal fan of MGS.

Fresno, CA - Riverside is where is play most of my golf.

Best thing about golf is it is mostly year round (for me). Worst thing is the courses in the area are not in great shape compared to others in N CA and SoCal.

My profession is project management and I've been in the field for 15 years.

My name is a nickname my family calls me.  

NM

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing 4 years. HCI: 13.8

What do you love about golf? Getting outside, challenging yourself, hanging out with the boys

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Like reading the product reviews and learning about gear.

Where are you from? What is your home course? California.  Dont have a home course, will play anywhere

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Lots of options, but expensive.

What do you do for a living? Sales

How’d you pick your user name? Like beans

Just a small town fader living in a drawer world | HCI: 13.8

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Spies! I am Derek I live in Flagstaff  Az where I am a Mechanic for the city. I picked up playing golf 25 yrs ago but didn’t play more than 5 times a year. It has just been in the last two I took playing more seriously. I have got my handicap to a 10.4.

I am a member at Elephant Rocks golf club in Williams Az about 30 miles west of Flagstaff.

I play about 4-5 times a month at Elephant Rocks and Holbrook Az.

My clubs

Pxg Gen 4 10.5 degree 

Pxg Gen 4 3wood 15 degree 

Pxg 0311 3-Gw irons

Sub 70 54 and 58 wedges

Ping putter

Maxfli balls

Derek Lusk

New Guy Here been following MGS Instagram and YouTube for a while now .
How long have you been playing golf?
I’ve been playing golf for roughly 15 yrs now. Finally got down to 9 hcp and maintaining  for now .  

What do you love about golf? I enjoy meeting my partners for the round and getting to hear interesting stories along the way  .  I love the friendships I’ve made along the way . 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I stumbled across MyGolfSpy on Instagram and became a fan of the unbiased approach to golf reviews and now enjoying love the community contributions. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Tucson AZ.   For now it has been the Views GC but   I also enjoy playing various courses through out the state . 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about golf in Arizona  is variety of courses to play and pretty much all year round .  The worst thing is the winter , all the prices double due to an influx of northerners .  

What do you do for a living? I work as Software Engineer in Defense.

How’d you pick your user name? It the name I chose while creating and insta profile to revamp my game and practice . 

Current Bag 

Driver Callaway BigBertha B21

Hybrid Mizuno Clk 19°

Irons Mizuno JPX921 Hot metal Pro

Wedges Titleist Vokey 50,56(bent 55),60 (D Grind) 

Putter Ping PLD Anser2 

Bag Ping Traverse

So glad to be here and hear about everyone’s story 

Edited by birdiesandbags
Added Bag Info

Driver : Callaway B21 12°

Hybrid : Mizuno Clk 19°

Putter : Ping PLD Anser 2

Wedges : Titleist Vokey 50,56,60 D grind 12°

Irons : Mizuno JPX921 4-PW

Bag : Ping Traverse 

• 2 weeks later...

Aloha, name is Kena from Oahu, HI. Glad to finally be apart of the MGS community!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Grew up playing with my dad and brother here and there. Got back into golf in 2022. Normally shoot 93-94ish

2. What do you love about golf?

I love that golf is a game of overcoming self. There are always things to work on and improve. Golf is relaxing and peaceful to me.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Been a long time fan/follower of the MGS tests. Finally took the time out to create an account and get involved. So now I am here. Excited!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from the island of Oahu. Born and raised and proud of it. My home course is a muni, Ted Makalena. We walk 9 every Thursday after work.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best thing about golf in Hawaii is that we can golf is absolutely beautiful weather 365 days a year. We are truly spoiled with the weather here. Worst thing about golf in Hawaii is the condition of some of the muni courses. Because it is always so hot and sunny, it is very hard to keep everything green. 

6. What do you do for a living?

I work in chemical treatment for HVAC Cooling systems.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

ParNone, was a play on words from "Bar None", but also a joke for myself because I hardly Par any holes. It's most definitely mostly all bogeys lol. I guess I coulda went with BogeyTime but I thought ParNone first.

Aloha,

ParNone (I hardly make Pars, it's mostly Bogeys LOL)

Driver Cobra LTDx

5W Cobra Radspeed

Takomo 4Ui

Takomo 101 Irons 4-PW

Cleveland CBX ZipCore Wedges 48,52,58

Putter Odyssey Stroke Lab Versa 7 

Ball Vice Pro

• 1 month later...

How long have you been playing golf?

Roughly 6 years

What’s your handicap or normal score?

What do you love about golf?

me against myself

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?
I love the product testing and base my purchasing off reviews

Do you already know any other Spies?

no

Where are you from?

southern CA 

What is your home course?

Arrowhead country club

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

prices/ availability 

What do you do for a living?

I pull teeth

How’d you pick your user name?

Just my name. 

WITB

paradym driver 8*
roguest 3 wood

ping g425 3 iron 

p790 4-aw 

mg4 wedges -60,54

scotty Cameron 5.5x with la golf shaft

Edited by Joe909

If you’re not first, you’re last. 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   Normally shoot low 80's

What do you love about golf? Its addicting and you are essentially playing against yourself which makes it more competitive.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I shouldn't be here this website drains my bank account

Where are you from? What is your home course? Presidio Golf Course San Francisco

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? So many golf courses to pick from but they are always so crowded and hard to get on.

What do you do for a living? tech Sales

How’d you pick your user name? Its my name

CJ Perkins

Cobra Driver

Srixon Irons

Titleist wedges

On 9/13/2023 at 11:19 PM, birdiesandbags said:

New Guy Here been following MGS Instagram and YouTube for a while now .

On 9/22/2023 at 11:00 AM, ParNone said:

Aloha, name is Kena from Oahu, HI. Glad to finally be apart of the MGS community!

On 10/22/2023 at 12:49 PM, Joe909 said:

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?
I love the product testing and base my purchasing off reviews

1 hour ago, CJ Perkins said:

What do you love about golf? Its addicting and you are essentially playing against yourself which makes it more competitive.

Welcome all!  Take a look around and let me know if you have any questions!  Great to have you here!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Have been playing regularly now for about 4yrs, now every Thursday. GHIN 9.3

What do you love about golf? I love the game, the camaraderie, being outdoors, walking where possible, and of course a couple of good cigars.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I'm not sure if it was SM or an email but I like what I'm seeing so far.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Huntington Beach, CA. Home course is Costa Mesa Country Club, two full 18 hole courses.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: We can play all year, a lot of great courses. Worst: Crowds and slow play.

What do you do for a living? Semi retired, real estate & architecture.

How’d you pick your user name? That was easy, I just kept it simple.

Driver - Cobra LTD MAX Helium 5F3 R Flex                                                                                                                                                 

3 wood - Cobra LTD MAX Helium 5F3 R Flex                                                                                                                                              

Hybrid - Cleveland 2 Halo Launcher 16deg &  Callaway Big Bertha Diadlo 21deg                                                                                                                  

Irons - Callaway Apex 19 (5 - PW)                                                                                                                               

Wedges - Callaway Mac Daddy 50, Jaws 56 & 60                                                                             

Putter - Odyssey WhiteHot OG Mallet                                                                                                                   

Grips - Golf Pride Tour Wrap (Jumbo), Super Stroke Tour 2.0                                                                                 

Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

On 11/4/2023 at 5:13 PM, Dean Skinner said:

Where are you from? What is your home course? Huntington Beach, CA. Home course is Costa Mesa Country Club, two full 18 hole courses.

Welcome!  I'm in Huntington Beach as well.  I haven't made it out to the Costa Mesa Country Club courses yet but I hear great things about them.  I usually go to Meadowlark since it's fairly easy to hop on in the early morning.

1 hour ago, SteveGH7 said:

Welcome!  I'm in Huntington Beach as well.  I haven't made it out to the Costa Mesa Country Club courses yet but I hear great things about them.  I usually go to Meadowlark since it's fairly easy to hop on in the early morning.

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the welcome, nice to see another HB member here. I like Meadowlark, however in my opinion, CMCC has more to offer, more challenging holes, the greens are no joke and it is a better value. I live on that side of HB so it's very close.

I'm in the CMSGA (50yr + group) we play there the first and third Thursday. If you can play Thursdays you might want to look the group up and jump in.

Driver - Cobra LTD MAX Helium 5F3 R Flex                                                                                                                                                 

3 wood - Cobra LTD MAX Helium 5F3 R Flex                                                                                                                                              

Hybrid - Cleveland 2 Halo Launcher 16deg &  Callaway Big Bertha Diadlo 21deg                                                                                                                  

Irons - Callaway Apex 19 (5 - PW)                                                                                                                               

Wedges - Callaway Mac Daddy 50, Jaws 56 & 60                                                                             

Putter - Odyssey WhiteHot OG Mallet                                                                                                                   

Grips - Golf Pride Tour Wrap (Jumbo), Super Stroke Tour 2.0                                                                                 

Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

Greetings from Central California!

How long have you been playing golf?

-Just started in the summer of 2022

What’s your handicap or normal score?

-current handicap is 26.4

What do you love about golf?

-its challenging and always brings something different. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

-been following on social media, just found the forum

Where are you from? What is your home course?

-originally from Sacramento, but now reside in the central valley. Home course is Rancho Del Rey in Atwater. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

-best thing would be the weather and ability to golf year round, worst thing would be having to travel an hour in any direction to get to a course. 

What do you do for a living?

-I'm a grower representative for a tomato cannery

How’d you pick your user name?

-went to Oregon State, go beavs!

Current bag is

TaylorMade M2 9.5

TaylorMade BRNR Mini driver 13.5

Callaway Big Bertha 3 & 5 hybrid 

Ping i20 UW-5 

Vokey SM8 56 

TaylorMade RBZ 60

Odyssey O Works 7 putter