TESTERS WANTED! ×

International

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Hey Everyone,

Long time lurker, figured I would finally join the club! I am from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and have been playing golf for as long as I can remember. My dad got me into it when I was a little guy and I guess the stress of the game doesn't outweigh the love I have for it because I keep coming back out on the weekends for more! At this moment in my life, I consider myself a bit of a golf free agent and play pretty much anywhere in the lower mainland and northern Washington state. My favourite courses in the area are Redwoods Golf Course, which is the course I grew up on and worked at for many years. You can play that place every day of the week and have a new experience there each time. the other one that tops my list is another Ted Locke design called North Bellingham Golf Course just over the boarder. It is an inland links type of course and if you can't flight the ball low, you're gonna have problems!

As of right now, my handicap sits at a 5.3. I shoot anywhere from mid 70's to low 80's and can creep down to around par if the game is really clicking. I think the one thing that I love about golf is the feeling you get when you have the absolute round of your life just makes you wanting more and it brings us back to the course the next time! I love MY Golf Spy because the forums give awesome feedback on literally anything golf. I really enjoy that the people that test the equipment come from a wide range of skill levels which makes the breakdown of each club fair and honest. 

Anyways, I look forward to interacting with everyone on the forums!

Cheers!

Edited by MB9393

1. I've been playing this great game for 34 years.  Current handicap is a 7, and I'm ranging between mid-high 70's to low 80's .

2. I love everything about golf. 🙂

3. A colleague of mine introduced me to the site - I should check if he's on here! 😄

4. Located in Sudbury, Ontario Canada.  I don't have a home course, I play anywhere and anytime that I can.

5. The best things?  Definately the social aspect and the colours when the leaves are changing in the fall.  The worst is the snow that gets in the way of putts in December. 😛

6. Employed as a programmer/analyst for the regional hospital.

7. My username is my first name and first initial of my last name - very original right?

We are the part of guys that can ot enter in any tester wanted and giveaways. Hello for all

THE BIGGEST MULLIGAN is near the corner. Just wi need to take it when needed.

Hey MGS fans let's see how I do on the questions.

1. I started 16 years ago with a couple friends bout a brand new set of irons and a bag at a grand opening sale. Friends slowly separated as we got older and now within my work we seem to be able to come up with a foursome every 2 weeks or so.

2. My bag is a mix of old and new. Started with a set of Callaway X-16 steelhead irons, have slowly added Callaway Diablo 3 and 5 wood. Recently adding a Titleist D17D2 driver and replaced my freebie putters with a Ping sigma 2. Also added a Titleist SM6 58 degree wedge.

3. Not sure what brings me to MSG yet. Never know where things will take you.

4.Originally from central British Columbia Canada, now residing in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

5.Worst part about golf where i live is winter shutting it down for 6 months of the year. Best part is mountain golf and the variety available.

6.For work I manage airport security.

7.User Name is my name.

Hi everyone,

I've been playing golf for about 15 years. I'm currently a 7.8 handicap with an average score between the high 70s and low 80s.

What I love most about golf is just being outside and enjoy what nature has to offer. "A bad day on the golf course still beats a good day in the office."

What brought me to MyGolfSpy is that it's a one-stop shop for a lot of my golfing needs. Whether it's for equipment reviews, advice, tips, it's the place to be.

I grew up in New Brunswick but I currently live in Ottawa, Ontario. I do not have a home course. There are too many to choose from in this region but I do have a few favorite public courses (Equinelle, Marshes, Nation, Stonebridge).

I work in IT for the federal government.

Growing up in a small town a lot of people have nicknames. My dad's nickname was Moe (from his favorite tv show growing up The 3 Stooges). It was kinda catchy for folks to call me Moe's kid and that's where it comes from.

Hello fellow members! I'm Shawn from Vancouver, British Columbia. Thank you for having me on this forum. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I just actually started golfing about 2 years ago, I am getting better (slowly) lol Brutal handi at 25-30 

2. What do you love about golf? The environment, the peacefulness, the ability to just clear your head and enjoy a nice walk between the shots taken.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't believe I know anyone on this site... and I saw the forums and decided to sign up. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Vancouver Canada. I don't really have a home course but I enjoy playing at Mylora golf course. Nice place to practice. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The weather and how unpredictable it is (Rain-Couver) 

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a Realtor.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Probably the most boring name chosen lol honestly there was no effort in it. 

Welcome to the forum Shawn from Halifax!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Nick and I’m addicted to golf….This is an addiction support group isn’t it? 😉

1)      How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing golf for 20 years, but only been more serious about the game in the past few years. I am currently an 11 handicap but hopefully I can get it down below 10 this year.

2)      What do you love about golf?

Besides golf being the most beautiful sport on the planet, I enjoy the relaxation of good round. I also enjoy the complexities of the game and working on continually improving my game.

3)      What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I have used MyGolfSpy to research many of the products I have bought. Thought it was about time I put my two cents in on some topics I am passionate about.

4)      Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from Regina Saskatchewan; my home course is Deer Valley.

5)      What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best thing about golf in my region is the people. Everyone is nice and always looking to make new friends. The worst thing about my region is the short golf season; there is really only 5 months of outdoor golf in the year.

6)      What do you do for a living?

I am a Bridge Engineer. I tend to overthink the game and let my scientific background get in the way.

7)      How did you pick your username?

In Saskatchewan there is only one pro sport team (Saskatchewan Roughriders, CFL) so everyone in the province is a Roughrider fan…..I also may play too much golf in the rough instead of the fairway.

Driver:          image.png.34003ef7fb5105e6e8897a900d31782a.png Epic Flash Sub Zero, 10.5°, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite Stiff

3 Wood:       image.png.a10971fa30403e969d57b0e286841fdb.png Epic, 15°, Alidia Rogue Max 75 Graphite Stiff

Irons:           image.png.b92aba5758641222788626e88e706500.png P790 UDI 2 Iron, Project X HZRDUS85 Stiff

image.png.ebe9f14e2bfaee127a853b0389970ea9.png P790 3-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 S300

Wedge:        image.png.ebe9f14e2bfaee127a853b0389970ea9.png Milled Grind 50°, 56°, 60°

Putter:         image.png.25805140c8e98cd17166c8b0e5c23063.png Select Newport 2, 34”

Balls:             image.png.cf18613ad3ecd4ae2e56e2584c14233b.png  Pro Plus

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from south of the border in northwest Ohio.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

My names Harry and I'm 25 from Cheshire in England (inbetween Manchester and Liverpool). I'm a long time lurker on the forum but thought I'd now join 🙂. I'm lucky enough to live in the middle of nowhere but have about 10/12 golf courses/clubs within a 15 mile radius of where I live. My current home is Hartford Golf Club; a nice friendly 9 holer.

I've been playing (more like hacking) golf now for just over a year; my current competitive handicap is 28 but at the moment I feel like I'm playing quite well for me as my Arccos system is showing a rolling handicap of 18.9 - slow improvements but improvements non the less.

I come to MGS really ro red reviews from the writers as well as forum contributors. I'm also interested a lot of the time of whats in peoples bags too!

For living; it's pretty broing but I'm a qualified accountant 🙂

H

Driver::titelist-small: TS2 (GD AD Tour)

Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 3 Wood

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 (Dynamic Gold)

Irons: :titelist-small: T100 5 - 9i (KBS C-Taper 130g x-stiff)

Wedges::vokey-small: SM7 46, 50, 54, 58

Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas with StrokeLab shaft/ :bettinardi-1: 2021 SS28 Armlock

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5X

Welcome from the west  side of the pond - from wet northwest Ohio

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Hi Everyone,

I'm Steve, I live on a golf course in Spain, and I've been playing for 8 years. My handicap is 12.4 and I generally play 3 times a week. 

Ping G irons, TM SLDR, 14° mini driver, TM M1 22° hybrid, Odyssey White Hot putter

member of www.golfperalada.com

2016 H/C: 25.2 - 24.8 - 24.1 - 23.1 - 21.2 - 20.5 - 19.1 - 18.9 - 18.1 - 17.8 - 17.4 - 16.6

2017 H/C: 16.6 - 17.0 - 16.1 - 15.2 - 14.4 - 14.1 - 13.2 - 12.3 - 11.8

2018 H/C: 11.8 - 12.1 - 12.3 - 12.9 - 13.4 - 12.5

2019 H/C: 12.5 - 12.3 - 11.8 - 12.4

Hi everyone, I'm Bob from Poland, been playing for almost 32 years and learned to play on a sand course in Oman, with browns not greens (a mixture of oil and sand). After many years I was lucky enough to get my ideal job of Golf Club Manager and have managed clubs in Spain, UK, France and now Poland. Officially I am retired (private pensions are great!) and manage to play 4/5 times a week although as in Canada our winters are pretty bad so our season is April to October or snow to snow. I have a current handicap of 10 but have been down as low as 8 last year. My home club is Mazury Golf and Country Club but I play most Polish courses at least once a year.

DSC02764.jpg

6060a4e841b3d994c1cff5dd5d824692.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm Bob from Poland, been playing for almost 32 years and learned to play on a sand course in Oman, with browns not greens (a mixture of oil and sand). After many years I was lucky enough to get my ideal job of Golf Club Manager and have managed clubs in Spain, UK, France and now Poland. Officially I am retired (private pensions are great!) and manage to play 4/5 times a week although as in Canada our winters are pretty bad so our season is April to October or snow to snow. I have a current handicap of 10 but have been down as low as 8 last year. My home club is Mazury Golf and Country Club but I play most Polish courses at least once a year.
DSC02764.jpg.13b88ab3e0383b1abd3e41f372ca5bf2.jpg
6060a4e841b3d994c1cff5dd5d824692.jpg.cf38de7693533c9a0e0d8fd1b994d181.jpg

Warm greetings from northwest Ohio.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Well I don't know how to begin but hope to get to know a few of you. 

This is my 3rd year playing golf. Started with a few of my friends for the craic and the fun but then I fell in love. 

Handicap of 22

Golf is just the perfect sport. You get out what you put in. I am always striving to get better, I enjoy the practice but never feel satisfied. When I got my first par I was happy but then wanted a birdie, then wanted an Eagle (which I got about 2 months back- 9 iron from about 120 yards on a par 5) and now I thrive for a hole in one. Once I feel like I have the game beat, when I think I'm hitting everything so well that's when I fall apart. You have to respect the beautiful game and she will respect you back. 

I have been reading up on some forums on MyGolfSpy for a while so thought I would go ahead and participate to reach out to others who view the sport the same way I do. 

I am from the emerald Isle of Ireland where you will get sun, rain and snow all in the same round of golf. 

Golf in my region is generally an older individuals sport. I am part of a small group of a younger generation who don't get as much respect on the golf course as they give(Although I could hit a ball further and straighter than most of the oldies). Golf is cheap in my area, €10 a round and €160 annual membership for me with plenty of competitions to keep me on my toes. The bad thing is that for about 6 months of the year there is no competitions and bad weather

I am currently still a student so no work yet.

I wasn't too creative with my username. Just my 1st name innitial is 2nd name and the beautiful word of golf to top it off 🙂

What's in the bag:

Titleist 915 d2 driver

Callaway XHot 5 wood 

Irons: Mizuno jpx 900 hot metal 5-Gap 

Callaway RTX 588 56°

Odyssey O Works #7putter 

Allow me to reintroduce myself.

I originally joined MGS what feels like a lifetime ago. A young lad in his early 20’s with a passion for equipment and a new found love for a litttle game called golf.

After a few years of lurking in the weeds, I reach out and set up a round with a local spy. A few months later life took a turn and golf had to be put in the back burner!

With everything on the upswing i am now able to golf typically 1-2 times a week with a sprinkling of range sessions in between.

I’m 31 and live in Langley, British Columbia

i don’t have an official handicap but I’d figure it’s floating around an 18.

My home course is Fort.Langley

My fav thing about golf is every hole is a clean slate and every swing has a new challenge!

The best thing about where i live is the amount of courses to choose from and variance in style.

The worst thing about golf here is probably the cost.

I work as a Sales rep for a millwork company, driving range lunches a favourite!

Im looking forward  to becoming a more active member of the forums!

My Bag

TM R9 10.5 deg

TM r11 13.5

TM RBZ 2.0 Tp 21 deg

TM SLDR 5-p Xstiff Ctaper hard stepped 1 1/2 ext 3 deg upright

Cobra trusty rusty 51,55,59 deg

Nike method core MC01w

Hi guys. I've been a reader and a member of MGS for quite a few months now and i just tought on being more active.

So that being said i would just like to introduce myself.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've been playing for 8 months now and i'm a 45 handicap. I score around 55 on a 9 hole round. I'm 26 and i only think that i shoulde have started playing earlier.

What do you love about golf?

That feeling that you get when you hit the ball in the middle of the club face. That accoutability of what happens on the golf course depends only on me. The imersive feel that you get. When i play i don't think of anything else. I also love GOLF GEAR!

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I became a big fan of your content and i can say that i'm an everyday visitor of the webside. i don't know any other spies at this moment.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I'm from Portugal and my home course is Montado.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The weather here is usually great! I tought the sport would be more expensive that it actually is (it's still a little expensive).

What do you do for a living?

I'm an accountant.

How’d you pick your user name?

I'm a golfer and my name starts with D. Simple 😀

As i said i'm a beginner but i'm enthusiastic and addicted. There's always something golf related in my days. Being videos, articles, watching gear, having golf classes. 

Now i'm starting to go to the course more often and look forward to improving my game.

:mizuno-small: ST180 9.5º w/ Aldila R.I.P. NV 65-3.8 Stiff Shaft

:mizuno-small: ST180 15º w/ Tensei 70 Stiff Shaft

:taylormade-small: M3 21º w/ Tensei 70HY Regular Shaft

:srixon-small: Z 565 5-PW w/ Miyazaki 8S Shafts

:mizuno-small: S5 56.14 and 50.07

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red Sightline

Inesis Stand Bag

Ball: To be determined (now a mix of Srixon, Taylormade and Bridgestone)

:ShotScope:

Hello Everyone! My name is Lee, originally from the US and currently living in Dubai. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Current Handicap of 22

2. What do you love about golf? Being outdoors and not thinking about work. I would love to say it is a huge stress reliever, but that is dependent on how my round is going!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have used MGS in the past for reviews etc, and thought maybe I should join. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Current home course is Jumeirah Golf Esates

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best - You can play golf 9-10 months out of the year. The worst thing - Golf in summer sucks. 40 - 50 (celsius) temps in July and August? No thanks.

6. What do you do for a living? Flight Instructor

Hi all,

Just a quick one to say hello...

I am from Nottingham, UK.  Been playing golf for around 13 years but with a long gap after about  the first 18 months where I couldn't play much, but happy to say I now play regularly.  Currently playing off 30 handicap, but expect (hope?) that will drop soon.

Welcome @HarryC @hovisbap @Bobski121 @Tomkgolf @Mimz @D_Golfer @LeeHDXB @Pandaman 

to the best darn Golf forum on the planet.

Look forward to hearing more about you. Jump in to the threads that interest you, or start your own. We are a very friendly and supportive bunch here.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Just now, perseveringgolfer said:

Welcome @HarryC @hovisbap @Bobski121 @Tomkgolf @Mimz @D_Golfer @LeeHDXB @Pandaman 

Look forward to hearing more about you. Jump in to the threads that interest you, or start your own. We are a very friendly and supportive bunch here.

Awesome, thank you.

I look forward to to diving into the forums deeper.

On 6/14/2019 at 5:32 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

Thank you! 

Looking forward to.

:mizuno-small: ST180 9.5º w/ Aldila R.I.P. NV 65-3.8 Stiff Shaft

:mizuno-small: ST180 15º w/ Tensei 70 Stiff Shaft

:taylormade-small: M3 21º w/ Tensei 70HY Regular Shaft

:srixon-small: Z 565 5-PW w/ Miyazaki 8S Shafts

:mizuno-small: S5 56.14 and 50.07

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red Sightline

Inesis Stand Bag

Ball: To be determined (now a mix of Srixon, Taylormade and Bridgestone)

:ShotScope:

I am new to Golf Spy and I am a very committed golfer.

1. I have been golf ever since I was young but over the past couple of years really committed to getting better. I average around 78.

2. I love the challenge of golf and how every day is different, with there is always something to work on, improve, or change every day.

3. I found GolfSpy just through looking through product reviews and recently it has become my first stop when looking for how certain equipment performs.

4. I am from Michigan with Missauke Country Club being my home course.

5. Best thing is that the wind is normally fairly calm hardly ever gets above 15 mph. The worst part is it is very rainy in spring and a very long winter up here losing close to 5 months due to snow.

6. I am currently a college student, and I play college golf.

7.My username is a nickname a bunch of my friends in high school gave me and it stuck since.

BU Golfer

Been playing golf for past 15 years but not playing very well because never put in the time to learn to hit my driver well.  I have to be ready to lose alot of balls and kill my scorecard or just tee off with 3hybrid, being 30+ yards behind off the tee.  Driver in the closet! My handicap is 19.6 ... but 30 when I sandbag in corporate golf days 😝 ...but I usually try to hit driver on those days because longest drive and straightest drive holes, so 30 seems fair.  

Golf is my great escape.  Can't think about all the other stuff while trying to focus on hitting a small ball.  Love the walk and even love carrying the bag for 4 hours.  

I was on forum long time ago but drifted away... now I am back.  I am golf nut so love all the club data that goes along with this.  I also need some club advise. 

I am from the US but work around the world, moving quite often.  I am currently living in Norway. Golf in Norway is great but the season is short.  I lived most my life in Asia where I could golf all year but here it is limited to late May - early October. 

:755178188_TourEdge: XCG7 4wood  :ping-small: I-20  :adams-small: Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19 

yururi-logo350Yururi Raw Gekku Wedges 53 and 57 gel-logo-w-web-ad.jpgGel Hurrion Putter

**Drivers all junked in the basement

On 2/24/2019 at 7:28 AM, jhak said:

Greetings from icy Finland!

I jumped the gun in the Shafts board before introducing myself. But better do it later than not at all, right? 😉 

My love affair with the game began in 2013, when a friend managed to talk me into taking a green card course. The course was couple of hours of group instruction on three evenings. After the first one, I went straight to the pro shop and bought a beginners set. I think it was Ben Sayers M15 in blue. For a few years, I enjoyed the game immensely without much regard to score, technique or course management.

Realizing that I wasn't really going anywhere, especially technique-wise, I delved into Youtube golf channels and took a few lessons. I started to focus towards short game, mostly because I found I could get the easiest gains near the greens. My long game was mostly held together thanks to the Aeroburner hybrid I still carry around, and humbly accommodating for almost as much slice as distance when lining up my shots.

The Ben Sayers irons gave way to a set graphite-shafted game improvement Callaways which managed to stay in the bag for two years. However, I always graved for the feeling of the steel shaft, and eventually switched to steel-shafted Fly-Z set. They were much nicer to hit, although I had yet to really understand how the golf swing works and how to produce favorable impact conditions. And I never did, until one March (bear in mind, here in Finland we get to play from April/May to maybe October) I spotted a set of new Mizuno MP-54's for half the price at my local golf store. I hit three shots indoors with the seven iron and put the clubs in my bag.

The MP's changed the way I hit the ball overnight. No longer did I have the bravery to just whack at the ball as hard as I thought I could. I had to concentrate, relax, control the club and understand what I was trying to do. For me, these irons were the necessary wake-up call to get my head around the golf swing and the impact. Lacking natural talent at the game, dropping my handicap from 38 to 16 was huge for me. I attribute me still playing golf today to these irons. I will play lots of other sets in the years to come, but I will never part with my MP-54's and they will never gather dust.

As I said earlier, we get to play roughly 6 or 7 months around summer in Finland. This makes winter a natural time for making changes and training. Now, I have always been one to choose playing over training anytime. Last autumn was a magical time for me, but mostly because I played enough to have some rounds where I consistently hit quality iron shots. I shot a new personal best of 89 only to best myself the day after with an 88. Coincidentally, I was born in -88. (This was on a par 73 course, FWIW.)

The newfound iron strike and dropping scores have lead me to finally embrace training; this winter I've started strength training in the gym three times a week and hitting the indoors range as often. Swinging now feels effortless and powerful and I'm set to continue on this regime until the snow melts and grass grows. My goal is to gain as much speed as possible before summer and then learn to control the curve once we can hit balls outdoors and actually see how it flies.

So that's how I've ended up here. Let me know what you think, if that wasn't too long. I sure like writing...

To finish up, here's me (right) with my playing buddy in a memorial scramble, and another picture of my club (Espoo Ringside Golf) at just a magical sunrise last October.

Go Low!

60C9179E-0BD7-4D8A-97C3-DA51644C3954.JPEG

A550B7E2-58D8-4B7F-B4D1-3499F33AF8DD.JPEG

Very cool photos!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

• 4 weeks later...

Hello from Australia

How long have you been playing golf? 35 years

1. What’s your handicap or normal score? 3 but havent played regular competitive golf for a number of years. Probably more a 5 marker.

2. What do you love about golf? Golf feeds my obsessive personality. The feel of the perfect shot. The history of the game. Collecting beautiful clubs.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Instagram initially brought me. next year I turn 50 and have started thunjing about tournament play again. Unfortunately none of my wedges conform to the new groove rules. Also I love the craftsmanship that goes into producing high quality equipment. Also the beauty of forums is the sharing of stories, knowledge and history. Mygolfspy has helped me keep up to datecwith innovations in low compression golf ball analysis.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia. Home course is Wagga City Golf club and it is the home to nearly 500 kangaroos.  A typical flat country course with grass greens. We are heavily influenced by drought conditions currently.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?   8 years ago I lost  interest in tournament golf due to mental health concerns and walked away. I fed my golf compulsion by collecting persimmon woods. One day I purchased a set of hickory golf clubs and they got me back on the golf course. For the past 8 years I have played primarily with hickory clubs in tournaments. Along the way I twice finished 2nd in my club championships with hickory clubs. I play the hickory tournaments and have been fortunate to travel to Scotland to play in the world hickory open. Lastbyear I was fortunate enough to play the world famous Royal Melboune golf course at our Australian hickory open. Gplf has allowed me to meet amazing people and stunning places

6. What do you do for a living? Teacher

7. How’d you pick your user name? Thats me.

Thanks for providing great material mygolfspy

8 hours ago, darronwatt said:

Hello from Australia

How long have you been playing golf? 35 years

1. What’s your handicap or normal score? 3 but havent played regular competitive golf for a number of years. Probably more a 5 marker.

2. What do you love about golf? Golf feeds my obsessive personality. The feel of the perfect shot. The history of the game. Collecting beautiful clubs.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Instagram initially brought me. next year I turn 50 and have started thunjing about tournament play again. Unfortunately none of my wedges conform to the new groove rules. Also I love the craftsmanship that goes into producing high quality equipment. Also the beauty of forums is the sharing of stories, knowledge and history. Mygolfspy has helped me keep up to datecwith innovations in low compression golf ball analysis.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia. Home course is Wagga City Golf club and it is the home to nearly 500 kangaroos.  A typical flat country course with grass greens. We are heavily influenced by drought conditions currently.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?   8 years ago I lost  interest in tournament golf due to mental health concerns and walked away. I fed my golf compulsion by collecting persimmon woods. One day I purchased a set of hickory golf clubs and they got me back on the golf course. For the past 8 years I have played primarily with hickory clubs in tournaments. Along the way I twice finished 2nd in my club championships with hickory clubs. I play the hickory tournaments and have been fortunate to travel to Scotland to play in the world hickory open. Lastbyear I was fortunate enough to play the world famous Royal Melboune golf course at our Australian hickory open. Gplf has allowed me to meet amazing people and stunning places

6. What do you do for a living? Teacher

7. How’d you pick your user name? Thats me.

Thanks for providing great material mygolfspy

Welcome from way up north. Glad you found us - looking forward to your forum contributions. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 3 weeks later...

Hello from the south of Sweden! 

1. So I first got into golf this year, actually the very first time I held in a real golf club was April 30 this year. I am in my late 20s, have always enjoyed playing mini golf and come from a hockey background so wacking something with a stick is not new to me. A colleague at work asked if I wanted to come along and hit some balls at the range and I was in! I signed up for a weekend crash course at a local golf club mid may and since then I have played somewhere around 30 rounds (70% 18 hole, 30% 9 hole) both alone for practice and with friends or colleagues. I play as a lefty since that was the most natural given that I come from a hockey background. I´m not sure how it works in the rest of the world but in Sweden you start with a "club" handicap of 54 that you need to work down to a 36 before you can start playing by your self at any course, that was kinda quickly done and I now sit at 25,5 but going down almost every week.

2.  What I love about golf is first of all the competitive aspect both against my own handicap but also to be able to compete with my colleagues that are in single digits handicap. It is a very cool sport/hobby that way, to be completely new and still be able to compete with people that played there whole lives is just cool, not a lot of other sports that is an option. I also love to be outside and walking in the beautiful nature that is a golf course. 

3. I don´t know any other Spies just yet but maybe soon? 😁 I first found the golfspy site when I started to look for reviews, tips and information about equipment and then naturally found my way to the forum section. The forum seems so open and friendly so I signed up after a few weeks of just lurking around to be able to join the discussions.

4. So I´m from a small village in south of Sweden but currently live in Malmö, Swedens third largest city that is located at the very south of Sweden with a number of nice golf courses within a few minutes with car. I am member in a club with 3 courses that is a bit spread out just outside the city, very nice to be able to always find a tee time and to have some variation in courses. 

5. The best thing with golf in my region must be the number of courses, I think I have around 70 courses inside 1,5h drive. Since I´m this new I haven´t found all that much that is bad, at least not specific to my region. The lack of selection for a lefty in golf shops is one.. But i guess that is not a regional issue. Not there fault that the majority of golf players play the wrong way.. 😉

6. I work as a design manager at a small company, meaning I spend most of my days at a computer working with 3d cad modeling. 

7. Gurra is just a nickname my friends call me. My name is Gustav so yea.

See you all in the other threads on here! 

Hi All

Joined the Forum as a Senior (61), based near St Andrews the Home of Golf! Printer By Trade, still going in between rounds of golf 🙂

As Harry Vardon said: "Don't play too much golf - twice a day is enough"
Love the website, reviews, labs testing etc....

Home Course Ladybank GC, Fife, Scotland, Open Qualifier 2011
Current handicap 17.3, once (many years ago) 6.3 drifted back to 9.3 - started paying when I was 15!
Double Slipped Disc in my back in 2007 and was played up for 6 months - so couldn't play 😞 played the odd round, but not seriously..... so out of the game for nearly 10 years...

Moved to Scotland in 2016 and decided in 2017 to try again as I missed it badly, and being the home of Golf I have some of the Best Courses in the world within an hours drive!
Love being out doors, great exercise, social - whats not to like 🙂

Old Course, Carnoustie, Kingsbarns, Castle & Eden, Royal Aberdeen, The Dukes Course to name a few.
Good and Bad?
GOOD: lots of superb courses, great rates/costs, amazing Links Courses in remote areas can be as little as £20 or $30??
Old Course and some in the area a hugely expensive and hard to get on, most local course are great value.
BAD: Not that much, slow greens mainly, can get a lot of rain!

Started last year on 28 now down to 17, age and a bad back has taken it's toll on the swing, but gradually improving, hope to get to about 11-12 next season.
Not as fast or far - but arguably better course management and short game, just need to find the old putting touch!
Clubs had to be replaced, well most of them!

Woods:
Srixon Driver Z785 10.5Deg, Hazadus Red 5.0 Regular (brilliant - not longest but accurate)
4 Wood: Srixon F45 17 deg - Miyazaki Blue 5R Regular (small head but boy does it fly off the face!)

4 Hybdird: Srixon AD 22 Deg, Srixon Regular (not 100% sure what shaft think its a Mitsubishi - not long but solid)
5 Hybrid: Srixon F355 26 Deg Miysaki Jinsoko Red Regular (4/5 iron replacement, 26 degree - but flies high and long!)

Irons: 3- PW (only carry 5 - PW)
Macgregor M685 Forged (Fully Refurbished) Rifle 5.5 Stiff, MMC Multicord grips
(Superb feel and balance - won't change until I find anything as good, have tested a lot but few match them .. Srixon Z 585/785 Combo Golf Irons maybe?)
Wedges: 
Cleveland RTX588 52 & 56
Cleveland 588 Forged 60

Putter(s):
MacGregor P10 Pro Only Answer Style c. 1973 - fully rebished with Ping BlackOut Pistol grip (Ancient but fantastic feel, balance and alignment)
Ping Answer 4 (c 1982) good on fast Greens.....
Ball:
Srixon Z Star, depends on the conditions, cold Scottish Winters so a AD333! 🙂

Looking forward to gettin involved in teh forums!

Regards

Jerry