Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

International

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Hello from BC, Canada!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    I've been golfing for 3-4 years now, but only 2 seasons playing regularly. I average 100, with my usually score being 2-3 strokes over or under 100 depending on the day.

2. What do you love about golf?
    Lots! It's great to be out in nature and experience different courses. I love when you play a hole/round exactly how you wanted and it works out correctly. I love the strategizing you can put into the game. And of course, I love going from birdie putts to bogeys! :')

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    I appreciate the unique approach to the sport and industry! There are a lot of traditionalists in the game, it's nice to see a collective that isn't afraid to take a different look at things.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    Pass!

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    Long season is nice! Worst thing is that it isn't year around I suppose.

6. What do you do for a living?
    Pass!

7. How’d you pick your user name?
    I'm keen on anonymity, and bogeys are what I tend to shoot!

Heyo! I introduced myself way when I first joined. The community has grown since, and I've become a little more active on the forum. I thought I'd post a re-intro.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've been playing off and on since 2006. I haven't had a handicap in a long time, but the last time I kept track it was 18 or 20. 

• Getting fresh air
  • The fact that it's me against the course, or really, myself
  • Ball striking
  • The combination of power and finesse
  • Always wanted to play as a kid, happy to play as an older adult

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I enjoy reading the articles. I enjoy participating in forums. I don't know other spies.

California originally, Tilden Park GC was my home course. Now I'm out in Denmark. Home course TBD.

Walking the course seems more common than driving a golf cart. Don't get me wrong, I'll drive a cart. But I enjoy the walk and the pace, and Denmark is mostly flat. The worst thing? Winter here is not as cold as it could be, but definitely wetter than what I'm used to.

Work

7. How’d you pick your user name?

I'm an East Bay guy at heart.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

Hi All,

I've been playing golf on and off for almost 10 years. Only in the last couple of years though have I got an official handicap which is currently 23. My aim is to get that number below 20 before the year is out. So my mantra is "beat 20 by 2020" 😆

I truly love how golf can level out the playing field, and yet can separate individuals decisively all within the same 18 holes! I was introduced to MyGolfSpy by a colleague from work and although I was initially interested in the possibility of being a tester, I can really see myself getting a lot of value from this community.

Coming from Melbourne, Australia we are blessed with having a great variety of courses with some in the top lists hailing from the region of the Melbourne Sandbelt. To be honest, I can't fault the city/state I am in, I'm simply grateful to have the options I do have.

My profession lies in member experience within a company that delivers an electronic property settlement platform to all members of the industry. 

I'll finish on a funny story. Firstly in Australia, single syllable names are used mostly because with a country as vast and widespread as ours, we want to at least be able to get to your name in the shortest time possible - Zac. Lastly I was boarding a plane and was fortunate to board business class. A personal touch they provide is welcoming you by greeting by your name. Unfortunately this plane was already delayed by quite some time and the flight attendant was a little rushed and flustered. This led to an utterly axed version of my surname - Kips

And thus, my alter ego was complete.

Looking fore-ward to meeting many of you and learning from even more. Happy golfing.

Driver: :callaway-small:X2 Hot 10.5

Hybrids & Irons: :wilson-small: 431ss

Wedge: Henry Griffitts custom grind series 56*

Putter: Zeroing PE-2 mallet 

4 minutes ago, ZacKips said:

Hi All,

I've been playing golf on and off for almost 10 years. Only in the last couple of years though have I got an official handicap which is currently 23. My aim is to get that number below 20 before the year is out. So my mantra is "beat 20 by 2020" 😆

I truly love how golf can level out the playing field, and yet can separate individuals decisively all within the same 18 holes! I was introduced to MyGolfSpy by a colleague from work and although I was initially interested in the possibility of being a tester, I can really see myself getting a lot of value from this community.

Coming from Melbourne, Australia we are blessed with having a great variety of courses with some in the top lists hailing from the region of the Melbourne Sandbelt. To be honest, I can't fault the city/state I am in, I'm simply grateful to have the options I do have.

My profession lies in member experience within a company that delivers an electronic property settlement platform to all members of the industry. 

I'll finish on a funny story. Firstly in Australia, single syllable names are used mostly because with a country as vast and widespread as ours, we want to at least be able to get to your name in the shortest time possible - Zac. Lastly I was boarding a plane and was fortunate to board business class. A personal touch they provide is welcoming you by greeting by your name. Unfortunately this plane was already delayed by quite some time and the flight attendant was a little rushed and flustered. This led to an utterly axed version of my surname - Kips

Looking fore-ward to meeting many of you and learning from even more. Happy golfing.

A warm welcome from the northern side of the planet! 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Hi, 

Brand new member here, started hitting gf balls at the local driving range in July 2019 with my older brother after giving up football (or soccer to most of you outside of the UK) following injury woes.

We finally plucked up the courage to get out onto a course for the first time in around September and haven't looked back since. 

I'm trying to teach myself to play, which I find particularly rewarding when I manage to figure something out. 

I usually score between 103-110 on a par 72 course. I broke 100 (twice) at my local course last month and hope to get lucky again and do it a few more times this summer. 

I'm from Manchester, England. Local course is a beautiful parkland named Marland Golf Course I'm Rochdale, which was recently featured on a popular UK golf Vlog channel on YouTube #Golfmates

I work in Optics/Ophthalmic retail, but am a British Army Veteran. 

My username: my name is Mohammed and I wanted to make a play on the Average Joe title as I would love to see golf become far more inclusive of people from diverse backgrounds and less about status/wealth etc. 

I also have the same username/handle on social media so feel free to follow my journey on there.

The main things I enjoy about golf are getting out and doing some walking, getting some exercise, enjoying the fresh air and open spaces. I love the the challenge of trying to make the perfect swing each time in step up to the ball and the immense sense of accomplishment when hitting a nice shot... but best of all is meeting great people, playing a few holes with strangers and getting to hear their golfing story along the way... 

Edited by Average Mo
Added detail

:wilson_staff_small: D200 Superlight 12° Driver & 15° 3W

:titelist-small: 818 h1 19° & 23° Hybrids

:cleveland-small: CG-16 6i-PW

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 48° GW, 54° SW, 60° LW

:odyssey-small: White Hot 2 ball Putter, 32.5" shaft, Jumbo Odyssey grip

Hi, 
Brand new member here, started hitting balls at the driving range in July 2019, plucked up the courage to get out onto a course for the first time in around September and haven't looked back. 
I'm trying to teach myself to play, which I find particularly rewarding when I manage to figure something out. 
Broke 100 (twice) at my local course last month and hope to get lucky again and do it a few more times this summer. 

Don't forget to let us know where you're from and what you're working on. You'll find lots of great advice here!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

9 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Don't forget to let us know where you're from and what you're working on. You'll find lots of great advice here!

Hi Tony,

I'm from Manchester, England (UK).

Currently working on short game: specifically getting onto the green from between 40-80 yards as I find myself short quite often. Have been thinning lots and ending up 20 yards past the green...

Mo 

Edited by Average Mo
Added detail

22 hours ago, ZacKips said:

Hi All,

Welcome from a fellow  Victorian. We really are blessed with a great range of quality, affordable golf. Join in and you'll get a lot out of the forum.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Greetings, I'm Bruno from Portugal. I live in the second most attractive golf region in Portugal, Óbidos, the Silver Coast. I work in a golf course where I've learned to love this sport. 

I've started to play 5 years ago, although I've became real serious about it in the last two. My handicap is 18. 

I love it because of the comradery, the contínuos challenge to improve every time. 

I've registered mainly because of the great reviews mygolfspy provide. 

As I said previously I live in Portugal, in the silver Coast. My home course is Royal Óbidos, the last course Severiano Ballesteros designed before he passed away. Awarded as the best Portuguese golf course in 2016. And IAGTO best European golf resort. 

The best is that there are plenty of courses in the area. All of them with a high level of maintenance. The worst is the lack of etiquette by certain individuals, which is a given thing because we receive lots of guests and there are always some despicable players. 

I'm the course Caddymaster, responsable by 5 other persons who work in my team, managing starts, pace of play, rentals, change of pin positions, clinics and pro groups in the range, among other tasks. 

The chosen name is my own. But it could have been Dr. Paco Nassa. A portuguese speaker will understand. 

Thanks @Peaksy68 -  I need it! Just finished a round at Curlewis yesterday and was punished for not being disciplined. Beautiful course though, especially the front 9

Edited by ZacKips

Driver: :callaway-small:X2 Hot 10.5

Hybrids & Irons: :wilson-small: 431ss

Wedge: Henry Griffitts custom grind series 56*

Putter: Zeroing PE-2 mallet 

1 hour ago, ZacKips said:

Thanks @Peaksy68 -  I need it! Just finished a round at Curlewis yesterday and was punished for not being disciplined. Beautiful course though, especially the front 9

Glad you enjoyed my home course. The front 9 is particularly good. The greens were very quick Saturday, so I imagine they were rolling fast yesterday. 

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

1. Hi guys, just back playing a few months and back to around a 12 handicap. I took 8 years off when we decided to have children. I was off 3 before stopping so hoping to get back to single figures soon!!!! Shooting average 83

2. I love the frustration of it. I love knowing that today's problems will be tomorrow strong points. Be it driving, short game or putting.

3. I like the openness and that the members are helpful and friendly and also knowledgeable!

4. I'm from Ireland and currently assessing my options with membership as I'm just back playing. I have a distance membership in Blessington.

5. The choice of courses is of the highest standard. The KClub(ryder cup and european tour venue)  is 20 mins from me. The price of membership locally is around €1100 

6. I'm a medical sales rep, selling into the hospital sector. I cover the whole of Ireland.

7. My name!

Greetings, my name is Kevin and I've been a sight creeper for awile....finally decided to join(Ping irons will make a guy do anything!!!) Played golf growing up but got away from the game for 18 years(im 44)or so due to work, family etc.....we've been lucky enough to travel most winters which has landed me on/around some great courses(Central Florida, Aruba, Kapalua)

It has been this travel that re-ignited my passion for the game. I find myself You tubing drills/lessons and reviewing everything golf which led me here. Been mostly a "vacation" golfer and usually score low 90s. My busy season is summer(crane operator) which doesnt leave much free time in our 2 1/2 month Northern Ontario summer!!! KKD is the initials of my family.

On 2/11/2019 at 10:39 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: International Region

All the other nations of the world, which is almost all the people

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Hi 

My name is Andy Stubbs, I have been playing for 50 years, started when I was 17, age, do the math ha ! 

Now retired, the last 15 years of my working life as a Golf Club Secretary, currently play at West Sussex so am very blessed.

Just read the reviews on the new Hogan irons, I had a set of 25th Anniversary Apex blades back in the 90's they were awesome. 

Currently play Callaway Rogue Pro, sadly my forged blade days are over, Callaway Epic Flash driver, Taylor Made M5 5 wood, Wedges, Vokey SM6 52, 56 and 60, Putter Bettinardi Seattle Seahawk blade.Ball usually Pro V1 X.

Hi,

I'm Mike, and I live in Newcastle (the one in Australia).

I've been playing on and off for 35 years or so, and am two years back into it after a 15 year absence due to knee surgery and the commitments of family etc. The funny thing was I wasn't sure I'd play again and wasn't too bothered by that prospect either, but getting the old clubs out from under the house and having to toss them due to the condition they were in triggered some of the old memories.. I started watching a few YouTube golf channels and golf highlights videos, and before I knew it I was on eBay and Gumtree seeing if I could put together a half decent set of clubs without having to give up a kidney or a marriage. 

I've just recently joined a club again and currently playing off 16, but I'm hoping to bring that down by the end of this year to somewhere closer to where I was the last time I had a handicap. It used to be 10, but admittedly that was more than 30 years ago, and my expectations towards my golf game aren't always what I'd call realistic. Thankfully what an increased age may have taken from me in distance, it has given back in patience, and the ability to move past bad shots and questionable decisions. Mostly. 
Still searching for my short game though..

I love the game, as you take away from it what you choose to. The shots that came off that you get to relive in your mind almost always take precedence over what you scored on that hole, and if the bad shots are terrible enough you get to laugh at those too, once everyone else stops. Other than that it's the challenge; either of you against the course or you against yourself and your expectations. It's the fresh air, the freedom, the fact that you can be in the middle of a large city but if you're on a golf course you can feel a million miles away from all the rushing around and the stresses of life. You can get all that on a round by yourself, or with mates, or with complete strangers you happen to be grouped with that day.

I found this place searching for club reviews, and then to be honest saw the Ping Iron Testing opportunity so really, signing up was barely a choice.

I don't know any other spies (that I know of)

Edited by Golf_Dork

Irons: Srixon z 745 (5-PW), N.S Pro Stiff Shafts

Iron/Hybrid: Cleveland UHX 20 degree 4 iron

Wedges: Srixon ZX5 50 degree A Wedge, Vokey SM8 54 degree, and Cleveland RTX-4 58 degree

Driver: Srixon ZX5, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

3 Wood: Ping G410, ALTA CB 65g Stiff

5 Wood: Taylormade RBZ

Putter: BeCu Ping Zing 2

Right Handed

Handicap: 14

Newcastle, Australia

Hello all,

New golfer here.

What an incredible game 🙂

1- I've only been playing since last August , so the majority of it was playing in wet and/or cold conditions, winter greens and all.. There have not been many opportunities to play qualifying rounds, so my officially registerd handicap (EGA 50) is not a true representation, but I'm still really a beginner golfer.

2- I love being outside, and competing against my own skill level and being in the company of friendly people is amazing. 

3- I stumbled upon MyGolfSpy on the Internet, and love the attitude towards the game and the industry around it. Refreshing, and quite a laugh now and again.

4- I'm from the Netherlands, and my home course is Wageningse Golfclub in ( you guessed it...) Wageningen.

5. I really couldn;t tell, I really lack the experience to have an informed opinion, I guess. An abundance of cheap and accessable municipal golf courses would be nice,and would do much to popularize the game in my country I would imagine. Sadly, there are no real municipal courses in the Netherlands AFAIK, although my home course is very accessible from a monetary perspective. But my home course is actually really an outlier.

6. I'm self-employed, and have a range of activities, in quite a broad spectrum. Among others I'm an aborist, but on the other side of the spectrum I also work as an industrial designer.

7. That;s acually quite simple - they're my initials.

I hope to be able to participate, and not just lurk.

Of course I will always try to be civil, but if my lack of understanding of either the game, the etiquette or even the english language leads me to being impolite or acting like a jurk, I hope to be corrected....

Kind regards,

Job van Steenbergen

Heyo fellow shankers, slicers, worm-burners and snap hookers!

After spying on this forum for some months now. I've decided to join and contribute some irrelevant content myself. 🙂

To answer the predetermined questions:

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• I started playing golf sporadically in 1999, but fully committed to it in 2017 on a boys trip to Ibiza. My current Handicap is about 15.

• What do you love about golf?

• Theres no one else to blame but myself and it's the fastest way to determine someones true character.

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Having lived in South Africa, Ireland, Germany and know Australia, it has always been difficult to find like minded individuals. So I am looking forward to playing golf with other spies and learning more about the game.

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

• I'm originally from Cape Town, South Africa and currently reside in Brisbane, Australia and am actively looking for a home course.

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Best - High Quality, well priced gems

• Worst - Very slow play and hardly anybody my age (mid 30's) playing.

• What do you do for a living?

• Saas Consultant

• How’d you pick your user name?

• My Surname is Panzer, so its the English derivative with a ''Y'' added to make it sound less threatening. 🙂

🤙

Anyone from Zurich area?

Doing a big move from Canada to Switzerland when this all dies down for work and would love to meet a few new spies to help check out some of the localish courses as well as maybe a bit of assistance for help with the language.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 3/14/2020 at 9:48 PM, Average Mo said:

Hi, 

Brand new member here, started hitting gf balls at the local driving range in July 2019 with my older brother after giving up football (or soccer to most of you outside of the UK) following injury woes.

We finally plucked up the courage to get out onto a course for the first time in around September and haven't looked back since. 

I usually score between 103-110 on a par 72 course. I broke 100 (twice) at my local course last month and hope to get lucky again and do it a few more times this summer. 

I'm from Manchester, England. Local course is a beautiful parkland named Marland Golf Course I'm Rochdale, which was recently featured on a popular UK golf Vlog channel on YouTube #Golfmates

I work in Optics/Ophthalmic retail, but am a British Army Veteran. 

My username: my name is Mohammed and I wanted to make a play on the Average Joe title as I would love to see golf become far more inclusive of people from diverse backgrounds and less about status/wealth etc. 

I also have the same username/handle on social media so feel free to follow my journey on there.

The main things I enjoy about golf are getting out and doing some walking, getting some exercise, enjoying the fresh air and open spaces. I love the the challenge of trying to make the perfect swing each time in step up to the ball and the immense sense of accomplishment when hitting a nice shot... but best of all is meeting great people, playing a few holes with strangers and getting to hear their golfing story along the way... 

Hi everyone, 

I've already managed to pick up some great tips and advice from forum members who have kindly responded to my posts on DIY training in the garden as well as a problem I've had with a club recently. 

What a great community to be part of! 

As a new "Recruit" on the MGS forums I'm working toward shaking this label and becoming an actual member, learning as much about this beautiful game along the way. 

I guess with the current lockdown situation we've got plenty of time to help each other out... 

I hope you are all doing well and staying safe. 

On 3/27/2020 at 6:21 PM, JvS said:

Hello all,

New golfer here.

What an incredible game 🙂

1- I've only been playing since last August , so the majority of it was playing in wet and/or cold conditions, winter greens and all.. There have not been many opportunities to play qualifying rounds, so my officially registerd handicap (EGA 50) is not a true representation, but I'm still really a beginner golfer.

2- I love being outside, and competing against my own skill level and being in the company of friendly people is amazing. 

3- I stumbled upon MyGolfSpy on the Internet, and love the attitude towards the game and the industry around it. Refreshing, and quite a laugh now and again.

4- I'm from the Netherlands, and my home course is Wageningse Golfclub in ( you guessed it...) Wageningen.

5. I really couldn;t tell, I really lack the experience to have an informed opinion, I guess. An abundance of cheap and accessable municipal golf courses would be nice,and would do much to popularize the game in my country I would imagine. Sadly, there are no real municipal courses in the Netherlands AFAIK, although my home course is very accessible from a monetary perspective. But my home course is actually really an outlier.

6. I'm self-employed, and have a range of activities, in quite a broad spectrum. Among others I'm an aborist, but on the other side of the spectrum I also work as an industrial designer.

7. That;s acually quite simple - they're my initials.

I hope to be able to participate, and not just lurk.

Of course I will always try to be civil, but if my lack of understanding of either the game, the etiquette or even the english language leads me to being impolite or acting like a jurk, I hope to be corrected....

Kind regards,

Job van Steenbergen

Hi JvS,

Welcome! 

I'm at a similar point in my golfing journey so I look forward to following your progress to see if I can pick up any tips...

All the best

Mo 

Hey all, 

Long time follower joined the forums a few months back but haven't posted. Thought this would be an easy way to start

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 20 Years, 0 Cap

2. What do you love about golf? Too many reasons to list but if I had to choose just one,  it would be the 4 hours (plus the 19th hole) to spend shooting the breeze with friends or whomever you might get paired with. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Love the content and detailed reviews, have read the articles for a long time now. I'm sure I know other Spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Calgary, Canada. Lynx Ridge Golf Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The worst is definitely the short season. The best, although a short season we do get a lot of sun!

•  

Been on mgs for several months and finally joining the forum!

Love golf, its been my saviour. Used to

play (3hc) but gave up 20 years ago due to work, family, kids and football.

Then I had bad motorcycle accident and had brain 🧠 injury, came out of coma, retired and thought golf, golf, GOLF!

Joined my local club, Wrotham Heath, Kent England and haven’t looked back. Wife says I’m a pro 🏌️♂️ (time wise) but without the prize money!

Looking forward to chatting.

Hey everyone, 

Looking for anything and everything to do with golf while on C19 - Lockdown!!!!

1. Playing since I was a kid, took about a 15 year break and now making up for those lost years by playing as often as I can!! H/C currently 7.4.

2. Love everything about golf, the competition, the social aspect, the activity, fresh air, sunshine, rain, finding a pristine ProV1 in the bushes, dunking a brand new ProV1 in the water, making birdie putts, missing double bogey putts, snap hooking and power fading, absolutely everything!

3. Twitter brought me to MyGolfSpy, searching for anything to do with golf!

4. From west coast of Ireland and home club is the mighty Galway GC.

5. Best thing is the Wild Atlantic Way and the quality of courses. No worst thing about golf, ever!

6. My username is based on a friend of ours nickname and how he used to hit a tree on most holes in our old home course. We used to say, "How far is it from Jocerators Tree?" so I'm paying homage to him and the craic we have playing golf. 

:cobra:  Bio Cell (set to 10.5 deg), Project X, Stiff.
:cobra:  Baffler Rail F 15.5deg -  Fujikura Motore 60g Stiff

:cobra:  3/H Baffler Rail H 19 deg -  Fujikura Motore 65g Stiff

:taylormade: : 4i - 9i: Tour Preferred CB - Project X 95 6.0

:titleist: 48deg - (not sure what S it is, it's so old!!)

:taylormade: 52deg - Tour Preferred

:titleist: 54deg - SM6 (F grind)

:titleist: 60deg - SM6 (K grind)

:odyssey: White Ice - 2ball

Greetings from Copenhagen! Nice to be here

Welcome from the other side of the 'pond'. Be sure to tell us more about yourself.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Hi everyone!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started since 1999 when a schoolmate got me to come to the Saturday afternoon sub-junior competition at a local club. $1 to enter the comp, assistant pro managed handicaps, groups, and divided up all the "prizemoney". Was a great introduction to the game. Played off +1 but some health issues meant I had to take a long break. About a year ago got back into it seriously, got rehandicapped at 15, but have got it down to 7 since. 

2. What do you love about golf? That you can play it in different formats. I can play in a Saturday competition group with mates, I can go on a golf trip, or I can play solo on a quiet day, just me and my thoughts, and get through 36 holes in <5 hours.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? As I got back into golf there was some press about the ball test that was done by MGS. Liked the No Putts Given shows and wouldn't mind chatting about golf stuff on the forums.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Grew up playing at Wynnum GC and Howeston in the Eastern suburbs of Brisbane, Australia. Now play regularly at Werribee Park GC, west of Melbourne.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best part is the weather and access to courses pretty much all year round. The conditions change over the year so that gives a challenge to adapt. Worst thing would be the lack of member courses with reasonable annual membership fees and decent public transport connections. A lot have either one or the other.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a school teacher that does mainly Engineering and Design classes.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's a Simpsons thing with the squishie. Blueberry seemed like a good flavour.

Cobra F9 9.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

Cobra Speedzone 15° (Tensei Blue X)

Srixon H85 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Mizuno T20 51°, 55°, 59° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

Srixon ZStar

Hi Guys, I started playing golf when I was about 10 but didn't really do it in any serious way until about 10 years ago. I got fit for my first set of JPX 825 Pro which I adored and I've been a bit of a Mizuno groupie ever since. I have been a regular on the Mizuno forum over the years, but love the content MGS produces so thought I would spend some more time here. My handicap is 19, but was on its way down quickly over the winter and I hope to get below 15 by the end of the summer.

I'm a gear head in the fact that I'm an engineer by training, so love data and the technical details, but I also love the hours spent in the countryside getting frustrated by my own limitations!

I love MGS view on equipment, everytime one of my mates asks about a product I can almost always send them to MGS for the answer. You have no idea the amount of times I've picked up a partner's Chrome Soft and said "soft IS slow!"

I play at Brookmans Park GC, Hertfordshire, England. It's a private members club, owned and managed by the members. I also play a lot of simulator golf at Urban Golf in London, thats great fun with a few mates and beers.

The worst thing about golf is the lack of it right now, so frustrating!

I work in IT, for a cloud computing company.

My username is the one I've used pretty much everywhere, forever!

Edited by chrism_s

:titelist-small: 917 - D2
:titelist-small: 915H - 2 Iron
:mizuno-small: MP18 MMC Fli Hi -  3 - 4 iron | KBS Tour X Stiff
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour - 5-PW | KBS Tour X Stiff
:mizuno-small: S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | DG XP S300  KBS Tour X Stiff

:odyssey-small:O-Works Tank #7

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7

:ShotScope:

Hello everyone, just joined the forum.

I'm Francesco (Molinari 🤣) writing from Italy. I've been reading your articles for a coyple years now, and I think it was time to join the whole community.

Hooked by the game in fall 2013, been playing in my country club (Valtellina Golf Club, best grass condition ever seen) and in many clubs in whole Northern Italy in these years.

I normally play in the low 80s, my Ega Hcp is 8,7 at the moment.

This game is so special it would take hours to tell what I love about it. One thing for sure is the fact that you always play against yourself: this is special to me, in many ways.

Best thing about golf in my region: my home club is superb.

Worst thing: the closest 18 hole is 1-hour away...

For living I put braces on teen's teeth...yes I had that too, so I know what is like.

MGS is something unique, and I'm sure this community will be very interesting .

See you!

Driver: :callaway-small: XR16 Aldila Tour Green XS

3wood: :callaway-small: XR16 Project X LZ Handcrafted 6.5

Hybrid 19º: :callaway-small: XR OS Fubuki S

Irons 4-5: :titelist-small: 718 AP3 Project X LZ 6.0

Irons 6-P: :titelist-small: 718 AP2 Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey Design SM7, 50º 55° 60º

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X Navy