TESTERS WANTED! ×

International

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Greetings from Cape Breton, Canada. My home course is Lingan. I've been playing golf for 20 years off and on. More regularly for the past 4. Handicap is a 4. Used to be concerned about score, but after having kids, it's just nice to get out of the house for a few hours with my wife and play the sport we love. I've been on the site for years reading articles but never joined. Best things about golfing here are likely Cabot Cliffs and Link (which I have criminally yet to play) and the worst is the short season. I am a teacher so I get out as much as I can in the summer. Username is the same as on every other forum. My favourite number and initials.

1. Since I was a kid, 6 or 7. I learned in a pitch&putt in the West of Ireland. I played in the summers and became a member of Enniscrone, a beautiful links course in Sligo. Normal scores nowadays range from high 70s to mid-80s, my handicap is 6.3 but there will be a move to the World Handicap System here this year (I think) and from my rough calculations I'd be around a 7.

2. I love the challenge, the Sisyphusian strive for perfection. The challenge to enjoy which, unfortunately, I fail at more than the golf itself. The fresh air, the walking, the camaraderie, the banter.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? The honesty of the guys on the MyGolfSpy website, the quality of their content and the lack of bs that comes with it, just pure data. I don't know any other Spies yet.

4. I am from Dublin, Ireland and my home course is Lisheen Springs

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is the amount of courses and a decent driving range nearby. The worst is the cost of golf. I drive past so many golf courses to get to my own which are just way too expensive, exclusive or both. Some of these courses are better than mine.

6. I work in a bank and I detest it. I dream of working in the golf industry in some capacity some day.

7. My username is my initials and then an old work nickname.

• Like 2

Hi,  

My name is Stephen and I am a full time club builder / customer fitter based near North Berwick Scotland.  I have played golf for 25 years and currently am without handicap but expect it would be 9-10-11 ish.  

I love the game for all the challenges it brings.  I live in on Scotlands "Golf coast" so everyone you meet plays golf here.  

As a club builder I can bring practical knowledge to the the group.  I stock, Tour Edge, Edel, SeeMore, True Temper and Accra, so I am testing and reviewing those products pretty often.  I will be the first fitting centre with Ben Hogan components in Scotland once we get out of lockdown.

My home course is now my fitting base at Castle Park GC just inland from Haddington, about 30 mins from Edinburgh.  A rolling parkland course.

My user name is my business name.  Fit For Purpose Golf.

Hi All, 

Greetings from Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada.

1. How long have you been playing golf? 20 years 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 10 Index 

3. What do you love about golf? Great mix of social, family, business, exercise, and travel opportunities 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Long time fan looking to participate and dive in. Do you already know any other Spies? I likely do, but I think they may be closeted for extra advantage. 

5. Where are you from? From and Currently living in Kamloops, BC. Recently moving back from Calgary, AB What is your home course? Kamloops Golf and Country Club

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing(s) are variety of courses and ability of competitors. Worst thing: Snow 

7. What do you do for a living? Civil Engineer, recently worked on the grading and drainage at Mickelson National Golf Club 

8. How’d you pick your user name? Kept it simple with my name. 

1. I have been playing golf for more than 60 years. My current handicap is 10.8, once upon a time I was scratch.

2. Golf is not a game you can master, rather it is a game against yourself

3. I have been reading My Golf Spy for a long time and just decided that perhaps I could contribute

4. I have lived all over the world, but now reside in Spain. My Home course is Atalaya, on Costa del Sol

5. This area is nearly golf paradise, weather makes it generally playable year round.The worst thing about here is that we have a lot of tourists that do not follow basic golf etiquette, feeling that they paid their greenfees and don’t need to rake bunkers or fix pitchmarks.

6. Retired, but still do an occasional consutling job.

7. When I learned to play, I didn't have a driver - just a one iron and I kept one in my bag until about five years ago. Occasionally, I pull out my 3 wood and put it back in.

Edited by Trusty1iron
Fixed an auto correct problem

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Yelling a preemptive "FORE" all the way from Vancouver BC, Canada. Glad to join a forum where like minds are talking about the thing we all love.

I'm a 23.5 plus handicap looking to make some significant improvements. My goal is to get down to the low teens by the end of 2020. Seems a bit ambitious, but the fact is that a lot of my strokes come from OBs off the tee, so if I can reign that in, rounds in the mid 80s are well within reach.

I started playing the game back in 1998 but never took the time to really learn. Instead, I was more focuses to copying how the pros were swinging the club and looking like that. Looking to change all that now. My biggest struggle has always been the driver. I've literally been spraying it everywhere for the past 20 years. Then a funny thing happened. I learned about club face and face path, stopped trying to look like someone, and suddenly....Well' let's not lie. It's still not great. But now it's a lot more predictable as to where the ball is going to go. I'm still going OB and landing in roughs, but at least I know I should be looking for my ball on the right. LOL.

No Putts Given was actually what got me onto the website, and not the other way around. And now that I am on the forum, I am curious as to what I am going to learn next.

Hello Everyone,
Yelling a preemptive "FORE" all the way from Vancouver BC, Canada. Glad to join a forum where like minds are talking about the thing we all love.
I'm a 23.5 plus handicap looking to make some significant improvements. My goal is to get down to the low teens by the end of 2020. Seems a bit ambitious, but the fact is that a lot of my strokes come from OBs off the tee, so if I can reign that in, rounds in the mid 80s are well within reach.
I started playing the game back in 1998 but never took the time to really learn. Instead, I was more focuses to copying how the pros were swinging the club and looking like that. Looking to change all that now. My biggest struggle has always been the driver. I've literally been spraying it everywhere for the past 20 years. Then a funny thing happened. I learned about club face and face path, stopped trying to look like someone, and suddenly....Well' let's not lie. It's still not great. But now it's a lot more predictable as to where the ball is going to go. I'm still going OB and landing in roughs, but at least I know I should be looking for my ball on the right. LOL.
No Putts Given was actually what got me onto the website, and not the other way around. And now that I am on the forum, I am curious as to what I am going to learn next.

Welcome from south of the border, glad to have you here.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Hi everyone,

Name is Edgar.

I'm originally from Manila but I am now based in Hongkong and considered my home for more than two decades.

Have been playing golf since 2000 and currently holding a 7.5 handicap.

Cheers

Edited by golfbumHK

I play in Surrey UK. Ive played for a long while, since I was a kid. But I am really taking it serious now as I have given up other sports. I play of 13. Im looking for the community to  help  me cut through the marketing bs. Worst thing about golf in Surrey is the cost. It can attract some wallys who have dropped serious cash and so feel entitled to treat people without respect. It can be a bit of status symbol where you play, the gear you have, etc. The spirit of the game and respect to others can be lost. True of a lot of things in Surrey tbh. I still love the mental aspect of playing the course. The physical side is equal to the mental control you need. Strategy and risk vs reward are the best elements imo. Also I love bombing it miles if I can!!!

Hi, hello all from Indonesia

My name is Angga, glad to be the new member in this forum

1. I first played golf in July 2018 and soon became addictive 😬, i often get over 11 or 12 per round and tryin hard to reach "event bogey" per round in the next months

2. What i love most about golf is the refresh and satisfied mind especially after playing good

3. I knew MGS from instagram and following the account immediately after read some of articles in it

4. I am from Indonesia, my home course is Merapi Golf and Hyatt Golf Course, both are in Yogyakarta City

5. Best thing about golf in my region is there are several of golf course that we can playing to but the worst thing is the green fee is not cheap especially in weekend 😀

6. i working as policemen

7. I pick my username with the last two words of my original name and modified it shortly

Welcome to all of you from Spain, where we are just beginning to be able to play again 

On 5/14/2020 at 10:56 PM, thatjasonlee said:

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to MGS, so far everyone has been great. Courses in our area of Spain are just opening after the Lockdown and it's been great to play again. 

Hi Everyone, I have been reading GolfSpy on and off for a while and find it to be a very interesting and educational site. So, it’s time to get more involved.

- I am from Jamaica, living in the UAE.

- Started playing seriously in 2006 and got my handicap to 18 within a year but, I stopped practicing and it now moves between 6 and 9.

- Was a member at Yas Links (Golf Digest top 50) but, cancelled after having shoulder surgery in 2016. Now I play wherever I can get a good deal.

- Favourites are Caymanas Golf Club in Jamaica as I Crew up playing football and running around that course, Yas Links (Abu Dhabi) and Al Zorah (Ajman) in the UAE.

- The best thing about my region is the European Tour (3 Events) and Ladies European Tour play here Every year and there are no crowds on the first two days so, you can really get close. The courses are also in fantastic shape. 

- The worst thing is the summer heat. 40+ degrees (104F) Celsius every day for 4 months each year. However, I don’t ever need an umbrella for rain.

- My favourite thing about golf is a well struck long iron. Yeah, maybe I shouldn’t have one.....

Driver: image.jpeg.34eaee8382f091fe0a3c22d07a128f3d.jpeg TS2 10.5* A-1 Tensai AV 55 Stiff

3 Wood: image.jpeg.e516c276ea3badda924b599efc74dc44.jpeg Epic BB Sub Zero Fujikura Pro 62 Stiff

Driving Iron: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 UDI Project X, Hzrdus 85g

Irons: image.jpeg.b7214da2fa3cda117f55d5a1eca9bfdc.jpeg 0211 4-PW Elevate 95 Stiff

Wedges: image.jpeg.eefc27879a3aeb4584a2da0c9fc3cc61.jpeg RTX 4. 50, 56, 60 degrees

Putter: image.jpeg.5f24b023b8db3d017291f4cd9e670f90.jpeg Huntington Beach 11 

Ball: image.jpeg.4ebe90b87a3ca1ef4804bec7677e8df7.jpeg  Chrome Soft Truvis

Hey everyone! Been readin here for a while but just now registered and excited to get in the nice discussion about golf and golf gear.

I live in Sweden, south part of Sweden where you can find tons of nice golf courses.

Started playing as a kid, 1997 and my hcp right now is 3-4.

Favourite part of golf is wedges from 5-100 yards. Unfortunately I'm not very good at it. I can hit the ball a long way though.

Welcome fellow spy

Hey everyone! Been readin here for a while but just now registered and excited to get in the nice discussion about golf and golf gear.

I live in Sweden, south part of Sweden where you can find tons of nice golf courses.

Started playing as a kid, 1997 and my hcp right now is 3-4.

Favourite part of golf is wedges from 5-100 yards. Unfortunately I'm not very good at it. I can hit the ball a long way though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Welcome to all my fellow international spies 😁

For those of you who don't know me,

giphy.gif

Hi I'm John from Christchurch in New Zealand.

I found this place just like everyone else, I was investigating new irons and found a review here. I was then intoxicated by the chance of testing clubs so I joined.

Of course I immediately started applying, got no where, went back and read this thread 

very carefully and got involved in the forum. That's when I found out what an informative, valuable, inclusive, non judgmental and straight funny place this is.

Then not long after I was lucky enough to be chosen to test the Shot Scope V2, which was brilliant fun but a lot of hard work. Then the next year I got involved in the Cobra Connect Challenge 3. Sorry I'm rambling but my point is yes you can be chosen to test but that is just a nice bonus. Talk to the other members, don't be afraid to post, no question is stupid (but check if it's been asked before first), remember we love photos of your courses, clubs and pets and just enjoy yourselves.

giphy.gif

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Hi all, been reading GolfSpy for a while. I am from Nova Scotia, Canada, originally from Vancouver. I started playing when was I was young, but am only now getting back into it in a serious way.  I'm a member at Grandview Gold Club, but my favourite courses around here are the Cabots in Cape Breton. Golf courses here, and throughout Atlantic Canada, are genuinely world class and would recommend them to any golfer! Feel pretty lucky to live here, although the long winters means golfing in a simulator for a large chunk of the year!

See you out there!

Hey everyone, new to the forum, from SK Canada. Home of Graham Delaet!

1. Been playing golf for about 25yrs, handicap right now is 6.5 

2. What do you love about golf? Love the challenge, the exercise, competition, camraderie, etc.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Used to work at a golf store, always seemed to me that there was no real difference between clubs, that it was entirely marketing. Love seeing actual, independent testing, with real results. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Saskatoon, SK, Canada. No home course at this point, but most of my golf is played at Elk Ridge Resort and the classic Stanley Thompson designed Waskesiu Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - Many, many great courses within a few hours of my home, cheap green fees compared to other places in the country/world. Worst - short season, winter sucks!

6. What do you do for a living? Commercial Banking

7. How’d you pick your user name? pretty obvious!

Hello, from Toronto! 🇨🇦 Excited to a part of this forum:

Q: How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• Joined the junior program at the local club when I was 9 years old. Obsessed ever since.

Q: What do you love about golf?

• It's really you against yourself! No reason for excuses and there's always room to get better.

Q: What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

• In the last few years I've rediscovered my love for the game of golf after having taken a bit of break when moving from my hometown to a big city (Toronto). When I arrived in Toronto I didn't really know how I was going to keep playing because of how much more expensive it would be, and how much less accessible courses are. Last year, I stumbled upon a custom club fitting studio here in Toronto called TXG. They really opened my eyes to "the data" aspect of the equipment performance aspect of golf. Somewhere along the way I found MGS and was blown away🤯 by the thoroughness of the staff that are involved in testing AND the honesty they bring to the industry. Pure Class!

Q: Where are you from? What is your home course?

• A "small city" called Cornwall in the eastern part of Ontario in Canada. I grew up playing and working at two different golf courses:
    • Cornwall Golf and Country Club
    • Summerheights Golf Links
  • Both courses were amazing, quiet, and affordable to play as a kid - and still are as an adult! I would probably be a member at both if I still lived in the area

Q: What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Best: Fall golf in Canada is incredible. Around October, the leaves on the trees start changing colours and it absolutely beautiful outside no matter what course you are playing.
  • Worst: Being in Canada, the worst part is that I can't golf year round (it snows 😔). Golf courses are really only open for 5-7  months of the year, but they still need to pay the bills, so golf is generally more expensive here.

Q: What do you do for a living?

• By day, I am a Building Performance Engineer 🤓 What's that? Well... I keep a close eye on the operations of really big buildings (malls, office towers, etc.) to help the folks who manage and operate those building use less electricity and gas to them save money and have a smaller impact on the environment!

Q: How’d you pick your user name?

• just keeping it simple! (twitter, instragram).

Hi guys, I have been following MGS for a few years now. I've found the reviews and most wanted articles to be bang on for accuracy and no BS. To the point where I have used them a number of times to influence the purchase of new gear, the latest being the Spornia SPG-7 practice net, and have not regretted anything so far. I have even used the TRUEGolfFit service and purchased a second hand driver based of the recommendation and it performs better than my fitted driver.

I am based in Glen Alpine (south west Sydney), Australia and play at least once a week on our local course (literally across the street from my house) for comp rounds and a social round on a Sunday with mates. After living where we do for 20 years I thought I should join and become a member of the course on our doorstep 3 years ago. Starting with a handicap of 36, it's dropped to 19 and have potential to go lower still.

As an architect I have now gotten to the point where I have more time to do the things I enjoy, golf an spending time with the family. Instead of the 60 hour weeks in the office. Enough of that.

My user name is a missmash of my name so no real thought gone into it.

I have stuck some images of the course here.

View from my front balcony.View across the 18th hole.View across to the 18th fairway with the 9th green over on the left.View across to the 9th green on the other side of the lake.

Ping G410 SFT Driver

Ping G410 SFT 3 Wood

XXIO H4 20 deg Hybrid

Titleist 23 deg Hybrid

Taylormade P790 Irons 5-AW

Cleveland 52 wedge

Taylormade MG2 56 wedge

Scotty Cameron Futura 6M Putter

G'Day from Down Under,
Checking in from Sydney.... just found this forum, 
Thanks for having me,
Cheers
Baz

A warm welcome from the northern side of the globe. You have a few mates here from down under.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1. Hi Guys, i'm playing golf since early 2015, i'm a 25 HDP or was in January... let's see how things work.

2. I love golf because it's the hardest sport i've ever tried, and it's sound really easy to put the ball on the hole... besides being walking "the forest" with friends is great.

3. It's by far the most trusted golf website, my first option when I look for a review. And I dont know any other spies.

4. I'm from Mexico City, and play @ Principado Golf Course in Atlatlahucan, Morelos, (50 long miles away from home...)

5. The best thing is golf itself, in the crazyness of Mexico City is great to be able to walk in a green and peacefully environment. Worst? It's really expensive, there are no cheap courses, the stores overprice equipment the bad way and there are few options. As I said before y drive 50 miles to play. Just cant afford any of the 3 courses un Mexico City. 

6. I'm a sales man, and right now in between jobs thx to COVID19

7. It's my nickname. 

Foooore!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    I have been playing since 1996 or something like that. I had my peak in the early 2000's when most of my friends were reasonably even. Then some became too good and others simply quit playing. The last 12 years or so I haven't played much. Mostly because I haven't had any steady golf buddies and playing alone... no thanks! In my teens I was not the most ambitious, but the lowest hcp achieved was 11. With the new hcp system I'm currently a very inconsistent 17,9.

2. What do you love about golf?
    It has been different things as the years have passed. When I was younger it was simply to score as good as possible, lower my hcp. It didn't matter if I was lucky or not. Now I'm more about trying to find consistency on a level I'm comfortable with. Deep inside, even if I try to be reasonable, I still dream of playing a course on par, and I will work towards that kind of stability, even if it's a tall order. But that is one thing I love about golf, to challenge myself.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    I believe I googled for opinions about golf bags suitable for JumboMax XL grips and ended up here. I've always been a nerd, but not so much in golf... until Bryson DeChambeau appeared! Now I'm full of thoughts and ideas and what could be better than a forum like this? I don't know anyone here, yet.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    I'm from Sandviken, Sweden. My home course is Högbo GK. It has one 18 hole course and one 9 hole course. I usually play the 9 holes because that's usually what the ones I play with want. I do prefer 18 holes though.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    Best thing is that it is reasonably close to where I live (I wish it was closer, but still... 😅), about 5km. Worst thing is that I can't play all year around, and if the summer is bad weatherwise, it might ruin the relatively short season.

6. What do you do for a living?
    I work in a kind of laboratory, performing all sorts of tests to metal strips used for everything from razor blades to dress the inside of a nuclear reactors. Check that the material is as good as we promise our customers.

7. How’d you pick your user name?
    It has followed me on many places, perhaps too many! I tried it here and it was available, and here I am!

Bag: image.jpeg Speedzone Stand Bag
Driver: image.jpeg.c52f94b683d0b1557505d398dd3fb0c8.jpeg King LTDx 9° Tensei O
3 W: image.jpeg.f1cc9ab9f2a93654030625fdc8de13f2.jpeg King LTDx 15,5° Tensei O
3 H: image.jpeg.c012bb247a39b5f1742b686c3dd39b70.jpeg King Speedzone One Length 19° Stiff
Irons: image.jpeg.dbcc24448d6993f44500423fe631d206.jpeg King Forged One Length KBS 120 4-GW
Wedges: image.jpeg.853c0ec9efa5edfda308b6857d6dd0dd.jpeg Snakebite One Length 56 & 60
Putter: image.jpeg.853c0ec9efa5edfda308b6857d6dd0dd.jpeg Grandsport 35 armlock
Ball: :titelist-small: Tour Soft (Yellow)

image.png.472eab421d79c993512439768ed53787.pngAll clubs (except putter) use JumboMax Ultralite XL

Hello, from the Home of Golf lovely wet Fife in Scotland

Q: How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• About... 4 years old so 26 years. Handicap is 5 but not played in two years so thats an issue just now as consistency is wayward.

Q: What do you love about golf?

• Yet too find a part I dont, especially love 100 yards into a green.

Q: What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

• I like fully researching every nuance of what I am doing more knowledge means less guess work less guessworks less mistakes less mistakes happier me.

Q: Where are you from? What is your home course?

• Dunfermline, Scotlands Original Capital
  • Pitreavie Golf Club, MacKenzie designed course.

Q: What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Best: Its the Home of Golf
  • Worst: Its also my home...

Q: What do you do for a living?

• Business Development Manager speciallising in implementing new marketing idealogies to older industries.

Q: How’d you pick your user name?

• Instagram.

"C'mon be good"

good morning fellow golfers and non golfers

my names Nige in Yorkshire UK.

1. I've been playing properly now for around 5yrs and im currently off 21hc  (EDIT) down to 19hc now

2. i love the friendshps and rivalries through out our fiddle at my home club, and the way you can play so different from day to day

3. I first come across MGS by accident earlier this year where i have spent the last few weeks catching up with the podcasts and started looking more into the reviews

4. I'm from a small town in Yorkshire and my home club is Rotherham Golf Club (Danny Willett is one of our members) picture of our club house below.

image.jpeg.5f48ffe71145b6b53948b1abe44764dd.jpeg

5. The best part of our cours is the quality of he greens, fairways and how you must plot your way around the course and not just get the boom stick on every hole. the worse part is in winter when the course gets wet after all the heavy rains/storms we had this year we probably lost 5/6 weeks of play.

6. My job is a Project Manager for a large M&E company.

7. My user name ? my initials 😀

Edited by NAW
new handicap :D

WITB.

Ping 400 lst Driver (for now)
Ping G 3 Wood
Callaway BB 3hb
Ping G700 4&5 iron
Ping i500 6,7,8,9,PW
Vokey Wedges 52,56&60 deg
Odyssey Stroke Lab V-line S putter   

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys my name is Jules and I'm a 26yo French golfer 🥖

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf pretty much all my life going out on the course with my parents as a kid. I'm a 16 handicap player

2. What do you love about golf? What I really love about golf is being out with my mates during 4 hours thinking about nothing else than golf. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I know my golf spy from IG

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from the south of France, living in a little village by the sea named " Cassis " (google it and you'll see how beautifuuuuull it is). My home course is "Golf de la sainte baume" in Nans les pins

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  A lot of beautiful courses but really expensives

6. What do you do for a living? Just finished my studies in digital marketing

7. How’d you pick your user name? Jules13. My name is Jules and my region's postcode is 13. pretty simple 😜

:ping-small:  G400 Max 10,5

:ping-small:  G400 3w & 5w

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid 26°

:ping-small: i200 5-PW project X lz 5.5

:vokey-small: SM7 50°-08F,  56°-10S,  60°-10S 

:ping-small: Vault 2.0

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, 

New here! From the UK, play off 4.3 and my local course is Bowood in Wiltshire. Looking forward to getting involved in a great community

And also posting my WITB at some point! 

WITB 2020 

:titelist-small: TS3 9.5 Degree - Tensei White 70X

:titelist-small: TS3 18 Degree - Tensei White 80X

:mizuno-small: MP18 MMC Fli Hi 20 Degree - Project X Hzrdus 6.5 

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour - 4 - PW - X100 

:titelist-small: SM8 RAW 52, 56, 60 - S400 

:scotty-small: Special Select Newport 2.5 

:titelist-small: ProV1x Ball 

Hi Guys Newbie on here Playing PingK15 atm, awaiting delivery of my new Ping G410 hope your all good and staying safe. I am off 26 only just started back after a break, My club is Old Padeswood.

Edited by Bryn

Ping G410 Irons (on  the way)

TM M6 Driver

Cobra F7 4/5 18 deg

Graham Tonge 3 wood

Mizuno Bag

Srixon Balls

Hi All,

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    Been playing all my life on and off since around age 10. Currently playing off 8 but aiming to get below 5 now i have the time since retiring.

2. What do you love about golf?
    Pretty much everything, its a game very close to my heart for too many reasons to list.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    Have really enjoyed reading the reviews after finding the site and the community it has so decided to be a part of it.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    I am originally from Fife in Scotland (9miles from St Andrews) but i now live in England. Home course for me now is Norwood Park Golf Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    The general friendliness of our club and stunning parkland courses. Its the UK so of course the weather.

6. What do you do for a living?
    I'm an Ex Mil Veteran, retired 2016. I still consult on a self employed basis, but mostly my time is my own (FINALLY!!!).

7. How’d you pick your user name?
    Pretty much what everyone calls me.

Take it easy.

JB

Driver - Callaway Maverick Sub-zero 9* Aldila 60 Rogue White(S)

Fairway - Cobra Speedzone 5W 17* MCA Tensai 65 AV Blue(S)

Hybrids - Ping G410 19*/23* Ping Alta CB 70 Red(S)

Irons - Mizuno MP-20 HMB 5-PW Nippon NS Pro 950 GH(S)

Wedges - Mizuno T20 50/07 (S Grind) NS Pro 950GH(S)

MIzuno T20 54/12 (M Grind) NS Pro 950GH(S)

Callaway PM Grind 19 58* KBS High Rev 2.0

Putter - Scotty Cameron Special Select Fastback 1.5