TESTERS WANTED! ×

International

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Greetings from the Netherlands,

I am not fully new to MGS but new to this forum. I am 35 years old and living in the Netherlands. In 2017 I picked up the golf clubs, initially to play golf with my dad. But I got really addicted to the game. I have played many sports in my life. Football(socces), Tennis and since I went to Uni I play Rugby, and still do.  I really like team sports but golf gives me definitely something else. It is so technically and you are never finished to improve your game.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    I am playing golf now for 3.5/4 years and playing HCP 8.6. I have tried to half my hcp every year, what will be more difficult right now. Last year I went from 16 to 8.6 hcp. My goal for 2021 will be a hcp around 5 and I wil be more than happy. 

2. What do you love about golf? 
    Almost everything. never finished to improve your game. The perfect game to play with friends and family, level, hcp, or age is not important. Lovely to be outdoors any enjoy the nature. THE perfect game in Covid-19 time!!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Want to learn from other players regarding material and training drills. Current topics I have on my mind;
    - need to adjust my irons shafts from regular to stiff. Bought my P790 irons 1.5 year ago but My swing speed developed to 85MPH iron 7 and 105mph driver swing speed. Doubting to buy replace my shaft in my current irons or to buy new ones, perhaps p770 and sell my current irons.
    - My vokey 7 wedges are 60, 56 and 52. but the gap between my pitching wedge and my gap wedget is quite big. PW 115/120 yards and my 52 gapwedge max 100 yards. Perhaps I need to replace them with 58, 54 and 50 degrees wedges.... 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    Utrecht, The Netherlans the fourth biggest city in the Netherlands, quite central with a lot of golf course with 30 min drive.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    The Best. A lot of different kind of golf course in my region. 
    The Worst. A lot of people do not know the rules. 

6. What do you do for a living?
    I am a International Sales Manager for an US Multinational in the field of Sterilization services, mainly medical devices and pharma packaging.  

Hey everyone, greetings from Indonesia

I've been hitting golf balls since i was a kid, but i just started to get some lessons and getting serious for the last 6 months. Currently i'm 25 years old and my goal for 2021 is to become a single handicap player. 

I started taking private lessons for 6 months and now i’m an 18 handicap, my normal score usually ranges from 88-94
    Golf has taught me a lot of things from like how to control ourself and also learns about other people’s personality better. What great about golf is that it always makes you curious and makes you want to play better.
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    I read some discussions about golf and the equipment on MyGolfSpy and i’m hoping i can learn many things from fellow Spies.
    I came from Jakarta, Indonesia. I consider Emeralda Golf and Country Club to be my home course.
    The best thing about golf in my region is probably the views and the natural scenery. The worst might be the weather as it can get very hot or it can very wet depending on the season.
    Im an entrepreneur doing several businesses from clothing line and also f&b.
  7. How’d you pick your user name?
    It’s basically my name and my favorite number.

Cheers Guys! 

Driver: Taylormade Sim Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red

Woods: Taylormade M6 3 wood - Fujikura Atmos

Hybrid: Taylormade M6 3 hybrid - Fujikura Atmos 

Irons: PING G710 4-PW - NsPro Neo 950GH 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 52,56,60 - KBS 120 

Putter: PING Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from the northern suburbs of Toronto, Canada!

1. I first played golf as a teenager growing up in SW Ontario. I got my handicap down to around 10 when I was about 16 or 17. I only played once or twice a year from my 20s to age 50, but I am now playing regularly again. At the moment, I only break 100 some of the time, but my goal is to shoot in the 80s regularly by the end of 2021.
  2. I love the challenge of choosing the right club and the right shot to get from tee to green in the fewest number of strokes!
  3. Club reviews brought me to MGS. I recently purchased a used Tommy Armour Atomic driver based on the review of the best drivers of 2019. Once winter and/or lockdown are over, I’m excited to try it out on the range and course.
  4. I live north of Toronto and have been playing local courses including Rolling Hills, Bloomington Downs, and Remington Parkview.
  5. The best thing is the number of courses nearby. The worst things are the high green fees and the short golf season (usually April to October at best).
  6. I am a middle-school science teacher.
  7. I acquired the nickname Big Dog a long time ago, and use it online when appropriate.

I’m looking forward to meeting some new people who share my interest in golf and golf equipment through this forum.

Edited by BigDogCanada

WITB 2022:

• Tommy Armour Atomic Driver (9°)
  • Callaway Edge (Costco) 3-wood, 5-hybrid, 6i-PW
  • Maxfli Blue Max 5-wood (19°)
  • Cobra Fly-Z 3/4 hybrid (21.5°)
  • Cleveland 588 RTX 50° gap wedge
  • Cleveland CBX 56° sand wedge
  • Adams Tom Watson RC14 60° lob wedge
  • Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter

On 2/11/2019 at 10:39 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• What do you love about golf?

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• What do you do for a living?

• How’d you pick your user name?

Hi MGS

Been around for a few weeks but thought I'd better do a proper 'Introduce yourself'!!

1: Started playing with my dad at about 9 years old. He was right handed, I played right handed...

I later found out I was actually a lefty and things got a bit easier once I got some left handed sticks. I'm now back playing after about 15 years off. Only played a couple of times since my dad died 14 years ago. I was off around 18 but the pro at my new course watched me in the sim and decided I should be off 14 on the WHS...it's only temporary, I'm sure it will go back up. 

2: I love the challenge of getting better, making good shots and being more consistent but mainly it's a time to switch off from everything else that's going on, a few hours with my mates to talk crap/take the p*** etc.

3: There aren't many good forums in the UK so ended up further afield. MGS seems like a pretty cool place 🙂 

4: I'm from a small town in England called Malvern. It's famous for it's spring water, Edward Elgar, The Hills and Morgan motor cars. My home course is The Worcestershire, originally designed by Alistair MacKenzie (who later designed Augusta National!!).

5: There aren't many decent local courses.

6: I'm a CNC programmer by trade, making stuff out of metal. Always looking for new things to make and currently working on my own putters. I've also made LED mountain bike lights, a 3D landscape sculpture of the local hills. 

7: It's based on my surname, Davies, and my love of the universe. I love the night sky 🌌

Cheers

Steve

Edited by DStar

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

4 hours ago, DStar said:

Hi MGS

Been around for a few weeks but thought I'd better do a proper 'Introduce yourself'!!

1: Started playing with my dad at about 9 years old. He was right handed, I played right handed...

I later found out I was actually a lefty and things got a bit easier once I got some left handed sticks. I'm now back playing after about 15 years off. Only played a couple of times since my dad died 14 years ago. I was off around 18 but the pro at my new course watched me in the sim and decided I should be off 14 on the WHS...it's only temporary, I'm sure it will go back up. 

2: I love the challenge of getting better, making good shots and being more consistent but mainly it's a time to switch off from everything else that's going on, a few hours with my mates to talk crap/take the p*** etc.

3: There aren't many good forums in the UK so ended up further afield. MGS seems like a pretty cool place 🙂 

4: I'm from a small town in England called Malvern. It's famous for it's spring water, Edward Elgar, The Hills and Morgan motor cars. My home course is The Worcestershire, originally designed by Alistair MacKenzie (who later designed Augusta National!!).

5: There aren't many decent local courses.

6: I'm a CNC programmer by trade, making stuff out of metal. Always looking for new things to make and currently working on my own putters. I've also made LED mountain bike lights, a 3D landscape sculpture of the local hills. 

7: It's based on my surname, Davies, and my love of the universe. I love the night sky 🌌

Cheers

Steve

Welcome from the States fellow lefty!

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Howzit from Cape Town, South Africa.

Played a fair amount in high school (back in the 80's), then didn't hit a golf ball for 10 years, walked my previous to last golf course in 1999.  Got invited to a golf day in November 2020 and the bug bit again, hard...

Went hunting and considering I'd lusted after a set of Ping Eye 2's since high school (my best mate had a BeCu set) found a set locally (I wish I had the 2nd hand resources of the USA, it would cost me a lot less money to kit up).  Right now I'm relegated to the driving range, pretty much daily!

Played a fair amount in high school (back in the 80's), then didn't hit a golf ball for 10 years, walked my previous to last golf course in 1999.  Got invited to a golf day in November 2020 and the bug bit again, hard... 
    It's my daddy escape space, and frustration release space, and the technical skill development tickles my brain.
    Was googling for some info re the lie angles for Ping clubs and found the forum.
    I live in Cape Town, South Africa.  I left right next door to Strand Golf Club.
    Sunny South Africa, but cold and wet in winter.
    Semi retired from the retail motor trade (consult and wholesale), dabbling in cryptocurrency trading.
    Was my radio callsign when I worked for the UN in Angola in '95.

I'm looking forward to digging into the forum.

Jacques

Edited by 87Juliet

Irons: Ping Eye 2 (1 thro 9, W, S, L)

Srixon Driver

Ping G20 Hybrid

Ping Ally Putter

Greetings from Trondheim, Norway. Been lurking for a while, and so decided to see if I could join in on the fun. Full disclaimer - also a member of the other site forum (named after my favorite Subaru model ;-)).

Was taught the game almost 30 years ago, but had a 10 year break when I moved to Europe for the first time and found it wasn't as accessible as I had hoped. I currently hold a 9.8 hcp based on the new system (had two brilliant rounds in 2020), but generally shoot in the 80's. Have broken 80 only twice on 'proper' 18 hole courses.

It's mentally very calming for me as it forces me to clear my mind of all other worries and happenings. Also, it's so bloody hard to be consistently good, as really theoretically, it's a rather simple concept if you can execute :-). More importantly, I have a ton of fun on the course regardless of the weather.

I had read a few articles etc from before but really got interested in the forum after listening to the No Putts given show. Interesting topics and enjoyed the banter. Also, forums are a great place to get information and advice/tips on golf related stuff. No - I don't know of another other spies

Originally from India, but now living in Trondheim Norway. My home course is called Byneset Golf.

Latitude means a realistic golf season is from about mid-may to september. The off-season due to cold is way too long. Luckily, we have a fairly nice indoor golf facility, but it's just not the same. Best thing is being able to play golf late in the evening in the summer months due to the longer days - can still get a round of 18 after work or a quick 9 in the evening. I've attached a couple of pics from the course taken around 11pm in June/July.

Work for an engineering and research consultancy firm

Went to Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, USA for university (GO HOKIES!) - hence the 'vt'. Pachyderm is just coz I like elephants, and where we live in India, our house gets visits by wild elephants all teh time.

8C987082-24DD-4E11-A87E-086A8E3A63C7.jpg

6E7195E1-C6C6-445C-B976-45A3A596753F.jpg

Edited by vtpachyderm
added hcp and normal scoring

Trying to play as much golf as I can up in Trondheim, Norway.

Cobra F7 Driver, F6 3W, F7 2/3 and 3/4 Hy - Fujikura Pro S shafts

Callaway Apex Pro 16 4-P, Recoil 110 F4 shafts

Cleveland RTX-4 50, 54,58

Odyssey Versa #9, Cleveland TFI 8.0 CB

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'm from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Glad to be joining the forum. Looking forward to taking lessons and starting my first season this spring. Hope to one day be good enough to play Cabot Links.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I was in golf-camp for a few years as a kid and I have very fond memories of it. It's been quite some time since, and I'm finally returning to the game this season.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the history of the game, playing in nature, the social aspect, following the pros, debates over the future of the game, and obsessively hunting for deals on gear.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The podcast is what brought me here.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Halifax. Indian Lake Golf Course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? There's a frankly incredible number of courses in Nova Scotia; we truly are "New Scotland".

6. What do you do for a living? Desk jockey.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's an auto-generated username that was given to me in my undergrad days.

Edited by cbeau166

My Lefty Setup:

• :titelist-small: 917D2 Driver
  • :titelist-small: 917F2 Fairway Wood
  • :titelist-small: 816H1 Hybrid
  • :wilson_staff_small: D350 Irons 5-AW (23-47)
  • :taylormade-small: Milled Grind Wedges (52.09 & 56.12)
  • :odyssey-small: White Hot OG 2-Ball Putter
  • :titelist-small: Waiting on those 2021 stand bags to come out

• 2 months later...

Hello,  

French quadra from south of France, i signed up here rather than on a french forum, because the golf culture is more developped than in France.

I wanted to have different opinions from what we can read in France.

I'm beginner and i started in september 2020. So far i have taken 15 hours of lessons.

And i like golf because it allows me, until now, to clear my head of everyday worries. as long as it lasts.

Regards

On 2/2/2021 at 9:29 AM, 87Juliet said:

Howzit from Cape Town, South Africa.

Went hunting and considering I'd lusted after a set of Ping Eye 2's since high school (my best mate had a BeCu set) found a set locally (I wish I had the 2nd hand resources of the USA, it would cost me a lot less money to kit up).  Right now I'm relegated to the driving range, pretty much daily!

It's my daddy escape space, and frustration release space, and the technical skill development tickles my brain.
    Was googling for some info re the lie angles for Ping clubs and found the forum.
    I live in Cape Town, South Africa.  I left right next door to Strand Golf Club.
    Sunny South Africa, but cold and wet in winter.
    Semi retired from the retail motor trade (consult and wholesale), dabbling in cryptocurrency trading.
    Was my radio callsign when I worked for the UN in Angola in '95.

I'm looking forward to digging into the forum.

Jacques

A warm welcome from the northern hemisphere! You live in a beautiful city - it's been 10 years since I've been there but have fond memories and especially love the Stellenbosch wine region. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, maxmayer221 said:

Hi there gold lovers.

Wish you all the best from sunny Ukraine

Welcome. Where in Ukraine are you located? What's the golf situation there

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Long time reader, recent member, first post.

I've been playing golf for about 10 years. I got started late, in my mid 20s. Currently managing a 15hcp thanks to a commitment to more practice and some strong play in the few rounds I've managed this year. The improvements can be attributed to better putting and some swing and club adjustments. I also love club maintenance. It's what gets me through the winter. Regripping, cleaning, tweaking. I regripped, added 1.5 inches (I'm tall) and did the paint fill on all my clubs this February and really enjoyed it. I was very happy with the turn out, it's like getting new clubs. I should probably take some pics before I beat them to hell haha. 

As for what I love about golf other than the above, I love challenging myself and seeing improvements. I'm addicted to that feeling of being in the zone. I love the strategy and learning how to manage the course better. Most of all, I enjoy being outside with the boys, my wife or by myself. Hoping to add my son to my list of partners soon as he just turned 4.

I am from a little North of Toronto, Ontario so I'm jealous of anyone who gets full year golf.  I do not have, nor have I ever been a member anywhere but I have a handful of tracks in pretty regular rotation. I love playing new courses. 

I am an electrician by trade which means I'm generally stuck playing on weekends. 

My username is k van. It was a nickname when I was young and a gamer tag back when I spent my spare money on video games instead of golf as I do now. As for the 26, there are a few special days in my life that happen to fall on the 26th of the month.

Looking forward to hanging around and maybe even contributing once in a while. I can't even say how often I've been on this site looking for review or answers.

Fore!

Welcome from a fellow electrician down here in Tasmania, just starting to get a little wet on the course here. As my birthday is on the 26th I am pleased that it is a special number for you. At 56 I am trying to maintain a 17 handicap, some days it seems easy and others not. Would like to see photos of your upgrades if you want to post them.

Taylomde 300 mini

Cleveland halo 3 & 5 woods

Ping i210 4 to G

Ping glide 3 54 & 60

Odyssey 2 ball putter.

38 minutes ago, Mick Close said:

Welcome from a fellow electrician down here in Tasmania, just starting to get a little wet on the course here. As my birthday is on the 26th I am pleased that it is a special number for you. At 56 I am trying to maintain a 17 handicap, some days it seems easy and others not. Would like to see photos of your upgrades if you want to post them.

Mick,

My daughter and SIL live in Sanford just outside of Hobart. Beautiful country. Last time we were there we played Barnboogle/Lost Farm along with Tasmania Golf Club.

IMG_8273-1.JPG.3dfead748982323e5fec7fd07f933113.JPG  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 6/18/2021 at 8:09 AM, Mick Close said:

Thanks for the welcome Mick!

As the euro cup rolls on, I'm really loving the oranje on my clubs as you can probably tell 😁

IMG_20210619_095755.jpg

IMG_20210619_095815.jpg

IMG_20210619_095833.jpg

IMG_20210619_095840.jpg

IMG_20210421_214014.jpg

Fore!

Very nice job, not really up with the Euro Cup, but I am guessing from memory that you are supporting the Netherlands. Best of luck.

Regards Mick.

Taylomde 300 mini

Cleveland halo 3 & 5 woods

Ping i210 4 to G

Ping glide 3 54 & 60

Odyssey 2 ball putter.

Live in Brighton UK and after a 9 year hiatus I’m back playing again. Playing off 14 and hoping to get back to single figure (was off 7). Haven’t joined anywhere yet, but enjoying “trying” out many courses looking for a home.

:tour-edge: C721 9.5 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge: C721 15 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge: C721 18 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge:EXS220 22 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black
:tour-edge: EXS Pro Forged 5-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 58/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:mizuno-small: M-Craft VI with BGT Stability shaft and Super Stroke Zenergy XL Flatso 2.0 (25g CounterCore weight)
seed.png.34e6908c56b2f4a28f3511fa62a86f0d.png SD-01 ball 

MGS Galway Bay Rain Gear Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60769-galway-bay-rain-gear-2023-forum-review/

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, 

Fairly new to the site! I recently got back into golf after a long hiatus, and in doing some research to catch up, I kept landing here! 

I'm from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (our nations beautiful capital) 

Been golfing on and off for about 15 years, but very sporadically. Never more than maybe 6 or 8 rounds a year. Changing that now! 

I'm pretty terrible out there, but for the first time I am working to get better! 

I enjoy the walk and exercise... I'm in pretty bad shape, and needed something to get me out walking and working some muscles! 

Golf is pretty good here, lots of courses and options... Downside is a sometimes long offseason in the winter, and limited indoor golf opportunities. 

I'm a national representative for a union, trying to help people as best I can! 

Looking forward to participating in the forums and drawing on the collective experience here! Thanks in advance everyone! 

Witb--- cobra radspeed driver, 5w,5h,6-gw. Ping anser 4 putter. Cleveland cbx2 54 deg wedge. 

• 3 weeks later...
  1. I started playing golf around 30 years ago when I was 12. I stopped playing for 10 years due to back issues and surgery, and just started playing again 6 months ago. 

2. The challenge of each round is what I love the most. Each time you go out and play a round there's always a new challenge to overcome. 

3. Links to MyGolfSpy started showing up in my Google News feed. 

4. Where are you from? This is always a complicated question for military members. I'm originally from Hamilton, Ohio and growing up I always played Twin Run Golf Course. Currently stationed at RAF Lakenheath and I play the Breckland Pines Golf Course. 

5. The price on RAF Lakenheath is amazing but it's a 9 hole converted to 18 with 18 tee boxes. Another positive was getting the chance to attend The Open 

6. U.S. Air Force

7. Username I've always had

Currently playing the Ping G425 with a Cleveland 52 Wedge and a Vega Wedge

Trying to play as often as I can

20210722_135053.jpg

On 7/12/2021 at 8:59 PM, Stoods78 said:

Hi All, 

Fairly new to the site! I recently got back into golf after a long hiatus, and in doing some research to catch up, I kept landing here! 

I'm from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (our nations beautiful capital) 

Been golfing on and off for about 15 years, but very sporadically. Never more than maybe 6 or 8 rounds a year. Changing that now! 

I'm pretty terrible out there, but for the first time I am working to get better! 

I enjoy the walk and exercise... I'm in pretty bad shape, and needed something to get me out walking and working some muscles! 

Golf is pretty good here, lots of courses and options... Downside is a sometimes long offseason in the winter, and limited indoor golf opp employee monitoring software ortunities. 

I'm a national representative for a union, trying to help people as best I can! 

Looking forward to participating in the forums and drawing on the collective experience here! Thanks in advance everyone! 

Nice to meet you!

Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon, from New Brunswick, Canada!  First-time poster, long-time MGS admirer.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I started playing when I was seven years old.  I had my first membership when I was nine, and have been addicted ever since.  32 years now, then.  I was down to a 3-4 handicap in the late 90s and I once again have the time and energy to dedicate to working on my game, rather than playing 8-10 times a year.  I'm down to a 7.4 index with Golf Canada now, 9-10 at the beginning of the year.  Focusing on my game and getting the rust off has helped tremendously.  My long-term goal is to get down to scratch or at least break par again.

2. What do you love about golf?  I'm an only child and grew up playing a lot of team sports, with varying degrees of success.  But golf, golf is you versus the course.  Win, lose or draw, it's all on you...and I love that.  My wife is getting more into golf, and my five year old daughter loves to join us on the cart and hit four-footers after we've holed out.  There's nothing I'd rather be doing. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I've followed MGS for a long time on social media, YouTube, etc. and want to get to know more people from my region who golf and are passionate about the game.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in Moncton, New Brunswick.  While I am currently not a member, I will be joining the Moncton Golf Club next year.  I play a lot in St. Andrews as well, at the Algonquin.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Receptive greens, no matter the temperature.  It gets so bloody humid here, there are very few courses where you can't take dead aim with a wedge and stick it.  Worst part is, it's a May to October season (at best).  Humidity is a double-edged sword, I tend to be all carry off the driver as well.

6. What do you do for a living? I work in the automotive and RV industry and handle a large territory including NB, parts of NS and all of PEI.

7. How’d you pick your user name? YQM is the airport code for Moncton, and my first name is Jon. 🙂

Driver: :taylormade-small: M6 w/ HZRDS Smoke Grey 70g

4W: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5* w/ HZRDS RDX Black

4Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi2 21* w/ Evenflow White

Irons: 4i - Mizuno-Logo-1-e1510011839597.png.30c04005b3f580b72355d33be233f0fa.pngMP20 HMB w/ PX 6.5X 5-GW - Mizuno-Logo-1-e1510011839597.png.30c04005b3f580b72355d33be233f0fa.png JPX 921 Tour w/ PX 6.5X

Wedges: 56* :taylormade-small: MG2 Raw, 60* :taylormade-small: MG Chrome

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Santa Fe 1997 Model

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi! My name is Zoap 
Have been reading alot of reviews in this site and decided to finally join forums.

I have been playing golf for 18 years now. My handicap would be scratch.

I like to complexity of the game and how I can basically play this game from 5 years old till when I cannot walk anymore.

I am a golf gear geek and loves to read reviews of golf equipment and I stumbled here.

I'm from Thailand. My home course would be Siam Country Club.

Best: Golfing in Thailand is very cheap compared to US.
    Worst: You're basically forced to use caddie in every course. 

I operate trailers and trucks rental service for factories.

Basically my nickname given by my friend while I'm studying in US because my thai name is pretty hard to pronounce lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! I'm new here and this thread seems to be the right place to make my first post. 🙂

1. I just started playing this summer so please don't ask about my handicap. 😄 At 36 years of age I'm very late to the party, I am as hooked as one can be though.

2. I love the challenge, and it's a very aeshetically pleasing sport. I also love being outside and seeing different courses, they're all so different.

3. Been watching MGS on youtube as well as reading online articles. Realized there's a forum a while ago, and now finally made an account.

4. I'm from germany, I live in a small town close to Frankfurt, which is pretty much in the centre of the country. My home course is Attighof Golf & Country Club in Waldsolms.

5. Nothing bad to say about playing golf in my region, at least as of the time of this post. I probably don't play long enough to even have an opinion though.

6. I work as a coach and trainer for business communication for an asset management company.

7. The username has been around for many years. It's an analogy to my irl name.

So, hi all, glad to be here. 🙂 If you have any questions, feel free.

Edited by Cryss

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°

TaylorMade Stealth 3HL 16.5°

Cobra LTDx 7W 21.5°

Callaway Rogue CF18 Hybrid 24°

Callaway Rogue CF18 5i-PW

Cleveland CBX2 49° + 54°, CBX Full Face 58°

TaylorMade Spider Tour Black #3

Vice Pro/Wilson Triad

• 2 weeks later...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 

I started playing as a kid, but as I tended to play hockey year 'round, I didn't get to golf as much. Now I play as much as I can, typically once or twice per week from March to November. I kept to an 88-90 (hence the 16.4 hcp), personal best is an 84. 

What do you love about golf? 

That great feeling of flushing a great shot, spending time with good friends. I also enjoy a good cigar on the course.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Articles started showing up in my notifications, and I eventually started lurking the forums. 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Toronto is home, I enjoy playing Piper's Heath, Watson's Glen and Glen Abbey

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

There's a ton of courses. Most courses are ridiculously expensive unless you want to play a mowed field. 

What do you do for a living?

I work in Legal for a Healthcare company

How did you pick your name?

I'm an average Joe from Canada.  

Edited by joecanadian2021

:callaway-small: Epic Big Bertha 9* w/ Hzrdus Project X 6.0 55g 

:callaway-small: Mavrik 15* w/Even Flow Riptide 6.0 S 60g

:callaway-small:X Series N415 3 and 4 Hybrid

:cobra-small: Fly-Z GI Irons 4-GW (really 5-GW)

:cobra-small:King Cobra 56*

:callaway-small:MD3 C-Grind 60*

:odyssey-small: Red Ball

• 2 weeks later...

Love seeing more Canadian's on MGS.  As Canadians, most of us can't play year round, so hopefully we can get back out in April or May.

Sadly tons of snow here in Calgary.  Simulators are the only things available these days to swing or putt.

Miss golfing in Toronto, but definitely don't miss the high green fees.  But the tracks are pretty sweet in the Toronto area.  Definitely lots of options.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

• 3 weeks later...