TESTERS WANTED! ×

International

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Gday all,

1.  Been playing golf since 2018. Handicap at the moment is 18.6 it was as low as 11.6 but having a couple of kids helped it blowout haha 😄.

2. Love that its a game you can play at all ages and getting outside. It can be anything you want it to be a fun social round with the boys on the sauce or competitive serious affair.

3. Always been a fan of the MyGolfSpy reviews and the material to help choose clubs and balls to use. Have mates that use MGS content but none that have joined up. What bring me to MGS is i want more from my golf and being able to contribute where i can to the community is some thing i can do.

4. From Newcastle , Australia home course is Easts Golf Club

5. Best - Plenty of courses around my region and all decently priced, due to climate golf is available every day of the year if your willing to compromise with a little heat and a little cold.  Worst- Have had alot of rain recently which is unusual for the area which have made most of the course a bog hole.

5. Tradesman

6. Just a nickname that people have given and i run with it.

Cheers

bag1.jpg.aa4ce4bbf1fe06504e2ec547741446ac.jpgbag2.jpg.d986467645a0880acec9e9fc61e11bad.jpg

Driver : :taylormade-small:Sim2 9 degree -  Graphite design tour ad di 7X

3w : :taylormade-small: Sim2 15 degree - Graphite design tour ad di 8x

Driving Iron: :titleist-small: TMB 716 - AMT tour white

4h: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 21 Degree - Graphite design tour ad di 95x

Irons 5-pw - :srixon-small: ZX5 - Project X LTZ 6.0

Wedges - :vokey-small: sm9 - 50,54,58

Putter: :scotty-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom X7 / Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2.5

Ball: anything and everything 😅 but am liking the :srixon-small: z star

Hello from Manila!

i’ve been playing on and off for 35 years. Renewed my love for the game during the pandemic and at this point I’m definitely hooked!

What I love about golf is the mental aspect of the game. My best rounds have been on days when I am able to keep myself in check  It’s a constant struggle and the only person I really have to beat is myself!

I’ve been a long time lurker in the forum and long time fan of MyGolfSpy. I would like really dive in now and join the community.

I’m from Manila, Philippines. Golf can be affordable here depending on the number of drinks you end up getting🤣

golf has evolved a lot the past 35 years here. When I was young, most golfers I saw here were older, well off gentlemen that had more time and means to enjoy the sport. Now, the golfing crowd is younger and more dynamic. The pandemic did wonders for the game!

I’m in sales and I travel a lot so golf is really just a weekend sport for me. My username is just a play on my nickname.  

Thanks and looking forward to be part of the community!

G'day all!

1 - I've been playing golf since I was a young tacker of 7yo, and currently play off of 8.2hcp. Used to be scratch when I was in my early 20's, but had longstanding issues with my knee that took years to sort, and now post-surgery I've been working on shedding the extra beef and getting back into fighting (for par) shape.

2 - I love that golf is just this endless hunt for perfection. There never has, and never will be a perfect game, but that doesn't stop us trying day after day, month after month, year after year. Even if it's just the one perfect shot in a round, that's all it takes to keep coming back forever. 

3 - I've read reviews on the MGS site for years now, but never really participated overmuch in online content, but I figure I might be able to finally offer up some opinions of my own.

4 - I'm from Brisbane Australia, and the closest I have to a home course at the moment would be North Pine. Used to be an 18 hole course when I was a kid (and I made my first eagle there), but property developments have taken large chunks and it's now a very decent little executive style course. I play all over Brissy and SE QLD though, we've got magnificent world class courses here, and there's tons of them

5 - I'm living in Gods country here in Queensland, we have absolutely magnificent weather and views, but it does get very bloody hot in Summer. Also, roo poo on the greens is a genuine issue with early rounds if you beat the greenskeepers out to the holes.

6 - IT Support 

7 - My nickname came from mates when I was pretty young, taken from the movie "A Knights Tale". Was a bit of a wild bloke as a young fella, so the nutty guy who kept threatening to "fong" people was the genesis of my handle.

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

Hi. I have to say that I didn't even know about this forum until a couple of days ago when I saw  Takomo's IG story about testers wanted. Came to check and decided to join (I wouldn't have joined just for the testing part if the site didn't look interesting enough etc.).

So here I am, but who am I? 

I first started hitting golf balls back in the early 90's when my uncle got me and my dad into it. About the same time a new course was opened very close to our summer cottage; Yyteri Golf Links. By the way the only Links thing there are in the name and maybe the first and the last holes that go along a beach. But a very nice course, willl always be my "home".

Anyway, I went to the driving range quite a bit for a few summers, but never tempted the idea of getting a green card. Golf was quite expensive at that point and there was the skills test as a part of the process. I was striking the ball quite well actually, but I still don't know if I would've been able to hit 3/5 balls into that certain area 100m away (or something like that).

Summer of -97 I think my father paid for me to go to my first ever actual learning course in Yyteri, Timo Karvinen was the head pro back then. Found out that yeah, I had a pretty solid technique (all that with some initial advices from my uncle... oh to be young again). Green card wasn't included in that course price, so I decided that I want to practice a bit more with the new tips I got and try to get the card later (skills test was still there). And I never did. 

Then I got my drivers license and started dating my now wife etc. In short, I dropped golf for about 10 years.

Started again in 2009 and this time got the green card (no skills test... which is why I was able to get it 😁). Financial and time issues have held me back so far, I think the most rounds I've played in a season is about 15, most of those are 9 hole rounds. So my HCP has been about 25 at it's lowest, 28.4 to start this season. Biggest issue has been consistency. I hit my 7 iron (35deg) 150m (165ish yds) and drive 250m (275ish). But that makes my bad shots REALLY bad; it's usually OB and/or a lost ball, and they come in bunches, which totally desteroys any round score. Topped or super fat shots are also part of my repertoire, and they vary. So no particular issue, which would be easier to fix. And no club on earth that could help with it (excepr the swingless club). 

But I love (and hate) golf just the same as the next person. I know that those issues can be fixed by playing more. Luckily my financial status and "calendar" will finally allow me to get on with it. 

"What brings you to MyGolfSpy?" Well, I already said HOW I got here, but I like the concept and also I love being updated with everything going on with the sport. I took part in Thursday live meet too, even though I just messaged (11pm for me, so usually everyone else is asleep by then). 

I live in Finland, right next to Pori. My home course is Yyteri, but I also play in Nakkila (same distance time wise). Then there's Kalafornia Golf in Pori too, which is a beautiful course in a way, but so flat that I find it boring (it's not easy, but visually boring for me).

I think the best thing about golf here is the fact that I have three quite affordable courses very close and of courae the light summer nights in Finland. The worst part is the fact that there's usually 5-7 months of no playing. Even without snow the courses can be closed, as playing in sub zero temps is bad for the grass. 

For living I work as a Cloud Engineer. 

My username is a nickname one of my friends came up with. Don't ask how, it's basically nonsense. 

Edited by Garbox80

WITB: TaylorMade M2 driver (2017), Adams Tightlies 16deg fw, Wilson Staff 21deg hybrid, 4-PW Wilson FG Tour Forged V2 irons, Rommy Armour 52 and 60 deg, Wilson Staff 56deg, Seemore putter.

Starting the 2023 season with a 28.4 HCP. 

1. I have been playing golf for a few years. My normal sore would be in the range of 77 to 84 

2. For me it is the mental and physical challenge that golf offers. 

3. I was introduced to this site by Nunfa0 a couple of years ago. This site offers some good information about product that you cant find on other sites. 

4. I am from Christchurch New Zealand, home course is Templeton Golf Club https://www.templetongc.co.nz 

5. There is some stunning golf courses around Canterbury at very good green fee rates

6. I am a sales rep/owner of GolfFitCo 

7. Everyone calls me DJ so it was a easy choice lol 

I have also added a free video of one of our strength workouts, if you are keen on anymore of these videos please hit me up. (they are free content) 

TaylorMade-Logo.jpg.b9feb76cbda93eda6798785f73105d8b.jpg Stealth Driver 10.5° with a Fujikura Ventus Blue Valocore 6 S

TaylorMade-Logo.jpg.b9feb76cbda93eda6798785f73105d8b.jpg Sim 3 Wood with a Fujikura Ventus Blue S

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpg 5 Wood with a Kurokage 55g S

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpg U505 3 Iron with a 80g Hazrdus RDX Smoke Shaft 

mizuno-logo.jpg.d4e2e572f4907c44f354f76a0869d597.jpg 223 Irons (5 to PW) with 115g NS Pro S 

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpg SM9 50 Wedge 105g NS Pro 

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpg SM9 54 Wedge 105g NS Pro

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpg SM9 58 Wedge 105g NS Pro

TaylorMade-Logo.jpg.b9feb76cbda93eda6798785f73105d8b.jpg  Spider EX Ghost White Putter with 120g KBS Black 

3 hours ago, Djnz said:

1. I have been playing golf for a few years. My normal sore would be in the range of 77 to 84 

2. For me it is the mental and physical challenge that golf offers. 

3. I was introduced to this site by Nunfa0 a couple of years ago. This site offers some good information about product that you cant find on other sites. 

4. I am from Christchurch New Zealand, home course is Templeton Golf Club https://www.templetongc.co.nz 

5. There is some stunning golf courses around Canterbury at very good green fee rates

6. I am a sales rep/owner of GolfFitCo 

7. Everyone calls me DJ so it was a easy choice lol 

I have also added a free video of one of our strength workouts, if you are keen on anymore of these videos please hit me up. (they are free content) 

We have another member @Nunfa0 who is a Templeton  golfer! Fun course which offers down good challenges!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Hey Everyone,

Finally committed to registering for MGS instead of just browsing in the background like I have for years. 

Been playing here most of my life but never took the game too seriously up until last year. 

Grew up playing with my family and that’s what brought me to the game, kept in it by working at a course through high school/university but spent way too much time at the course working that the game got worse since I played less. Can only spend so much time at the course in a day and 8-10 hours was usually enough already. MGS was a great way to waste the time on those long days though. Fell back in love with the game after graduating and having a stable schedule to be able to get out to the course a few times a week again. 

Always been a gear junkie so used to browse MGS all the time but now that I no longer work at a course it’s hard to talk about gear as much as I do so finally came back here. 

Play my golf in south/central Ontario, Canada in the Collingwood area. Am a member at Duntroon but mix it up at a few other courses in the area from a change every now and then. It’s a great spot to be golfing because of all the courses around but keeping the budget low can be a problem unless you’re willing to take a drive. Obviously the short Canadian seasons are a drawback. 

Am an accountant in my day-to-day life which gives me plenty of flexibility to get out to the course when I want. 

Username got carried over from social media

Hit it hard

:callaway-small: Epic Speed Driver

:taylormade-small: M3 3 Wood

:mizuno-small: MP-18 SC 4-P

:titleist-small: Vokey SM5 56* 60*

Mystery Company 64*

Welcome Hoser!

Driver: Mizuno ST-190

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 16º (2014) Adams Black Super Hybrid 17º / Adams Super Hybrid 19º

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 4.0 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey 2-Ball original / O-Works 2-Ball Fang Tank / White Ice #5

Hi guys, I'm Kev from South Wales. 

I'm a former golf pro but stopped playing competitively in the 90s due to illness. 

Got back into competitive amateur golf in 2015 and won my club championships back to back in 15&16 and got back to a 0.5 h'cap. 

Was looking to qualify for the 2023 Senior Open Championship, but had a bad start to the year with a stroke at work in January that's put me back up to a 5 h'cap. 

The upside of this, I'm now playing in a disabled golf league where I can play for Wales and play in the Euro disabled tour once I can get my swing dialled back in. 

Problem is, the stroke has really messed up my balance and I get tired so fast that my concentration drops off the last few holes. 

I've got a lot of work in store to get healthy and rebuild my game at tge same time. 

I'm a former golf pro but stopped playing competitively in the 90s due to illness. 

Got back into competitive amateur golf in 2015 and won my club championships back to back in 15&16 and got back to a 0.5 h'cap. 

Was looking to qualify for the 2023 Senior Open Championship, but had a bad start to the year with a stroke at work in January that's put me back up to a 5 h'cap. 

The upside of this, I'm now playing in a disabled golf league where I can play for Wales and play in the Euro disabled tour once I can get my swing dialled back in. 

Problem is, the stroke has really messed up my balance and I get tired so fast that my concentration drops off the last few holes. 

I've got a lot of work in store to get healthy and rebuild my game at tge same time. 

My WITB. 

Taylormade SLDR Driver with a HZRDUS yellow 6.0 currently running my old Dynamic Gold S300 steel shaft. 

Taylormade SLDR 3 wood, 2 17 hybrid, 4 21 hybrid all Fujkura S flex. 

Ping G2 4hl bimatrix S  

Ping S56 5-W DG S300. 

Ping I3 5-W KBS tour S. 

Srixon pro100 4-P KBS tour S. 

Ping Tour S wedges 52, 55, 58 DG S300.

Callaway V raw wedges 52, 56, 60 Callway wedge flex. 

Ping Anser 2 blade & Wilson TPA XVIII @ 30" shafts with PP58 grips. 

Titleist PRO V1 or Srixon Z-STAR ball. 

6 hours ago, Kevolution said:

My WITB. 

Taylormade SLDR Driver with a HZRDUS yellow 6.0 currently running my old Dynamic Gold S300 steel shaft. 

Taylormade SLDR 3 wood, 2 17 hybrid, 4 21 hybrid all Fujkura S flex. 

Ping G2 4hl bimatrix S  

Ping S56 5-W DG S300. 

Ping I3 5-W KBS tour S. 

Srixon pro100 4-P KBS tour S. 

Ping Tour S wedges 52, 55, 58 DG S300.

Callaway V raw wedges 52, 56, 60 Callway wedge flex. 

Ping Anser 2 blade & Wilson TPA XVIII @ 30" shafts with PP58 grips. 

Titleist PRO V1 or Srixon Z-STAR ball. 

Still playing great golf after all your health issues well done sir, wishing I can get back to my 9 cap after a month in a Coma end of 2019. On 26 but working on it lol, good luck...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Hi everyone, I hope this note finds you well. I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, am a talented digital marketer with a deep passion for the game of Golf. I believe that my genuine passion for golf makes me a valuable asset to any golf-related endeavor. Hoping to stay up to date with the latest industry trends and following the achievements of professional golfers.

Best Regards

Gulina

What sets me apart is their genuine love for golf. I am not just a digital marketer but a true enthusiast of the sport.

Awesome to see more international members!

As a non us member I promise I'm working hard to find ways to grow our area and testing side of things as well!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Hello guys, new to the forum

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
Been playing since I was 8, took 2 big breaks of 20 years in total without being on the course regularly or at all for that matter, now im back since december '22. Hdcp so far is 7 from the blue tees.

What do you love about golf?

Competing with myself and getting back my 3 handicap when I used to play a lot

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

A friend of mine sent me a link and started to read some reviews for new equipment I was buying and now im here. I don't know anyone in the forum

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I'm from Monterrey Mexico, currently living in leon, mexico. My home course is el bosque country club, it used to host a web.com event back in the day, been like 5 years since the last edition

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Sun is just so harsh on your skin, gotta dress up like going to the desert lol, and when its rain season, you cant play at all

What do you do for a living?

I'm plant manager at a recycling facility

How’d you pick your user name?

It's my gamer tag on play station network

Edited by Azavil

Azael V

Hi to all!

Been playing since I am 28. started for charity tournament for the job. But got hooked! Took lessons and started to play a lot on weekends. Now retired, I play almost every day from mid-april to mid-november (Canada man!).

Golf is a war with yourself. You can always get better and do the worst the next day. I also love the competition.I take part in all my club championships and I am part of the interclub team. My life lowest index is 10.1 (want to be a single digit). I am now at 11.

I was following MSG on facebook for a long time. I am now playing Vice pro because of it's review.

I'm from Léry. Located on the south shore of Montréal, Québec. I was born and raised in the beautiful Québec city. I am french speaking. its explain some of my strange way to write sometimes! My home course is Le Club de golf Bellevue https://www.golfbellevue.com

Worst thing! Winter! Cannot play from mid-november to mid-april. Nice thing is to travel to play. Been to Florida, Mexico and Barbados (Sandy lane)

I started with my name for username. I am thinking to change for: 1- EasyDC or 2- Chip_it_in

Playing one length clubs in Canada 

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed, 9°  (soon to be replace by :titleist-small: TSR2 thanks to 2023 MyGolfSpy PGA Championship Pool Sponsored by Titleist TSR Woods)
3 Wood - :cobra-small:LTDx, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:LTDx, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Hybrid - , :cobra-small:19° Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S
Irons - :cobra-small:Speedzone One length 5-GW, 
Wedges - :cobra-small:King One 56° & 60°, 
Putter -   :mizuno-small:Mcraft II
Ball -   :vice:pro

Bag  :motocaddy:Pro series

10 hours ago, Daniel Carrier said:

Hi to all!

Been playing since I am 28. started for charity tournament for the job. But got hooked! Took lessons and started to play a lot on weekends. Now retired, I play almost every day from mid-april to mid-november (Canada man!).

Golf is a war with yourself. You can always get better and do the worst the next day. I also love the competition.I take part in all my club championships and I am part of the interclub team. My life lowest index is 10.1 (want to be a single digit). I am now at 11.

I was following MSG on facebook for a long time. I am now playing Vice pro because of it's review.

I'm from Léry. Located on the south shore of Montréal, Québec. I was born and raised in the beautiful Québec city. I am french speaking. its explain some of my strange way to write sometimes! My home course is Le Club de golf Bellevue https://www.golfbellevue.com

Worst thing! Winter! Cannot play from mid-november to mid-april. Nice thing is to travel to play. Been to Florida, Mexico and Barbados (Sandy lane)

I started with my name for username. I am thinking to change for: 1- EasyDC or 2- Chip_it_in

I like Chip it in 🤷‍♂️

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Good morning, new to the forum but been checking out MyGolfSpy content for past couple years:

Started playing in Suffolk, UK when I was 15 and played a ton, got down to a handicap of 11 then University/life took over followed by a move from the UK to Canada.  Been getting back into the game in last couple years (thanks COVID) and now I'm usually scoring in the mid 80's, flirt with breaking 80 on a very good day.  Just wish I could drive it in my mid-40's like I did as a teenager!

Taking a break from everything else going on, hanging out with friends, bashing the crap out of balls at the range when necessary and sometimes just practicing my short game on a sunny day.

Found the site via google searches for equipment reviews a couple years ago when I decided it was time to update my 25 year old clubs (Ben Sayers M2i irons/wedges, Mizuno T-Zoid Driver and 3 Wood).  As far as a know I don't know any other Spies!

Originally from Suffolk, UK but now reside near Kingston in Ontario, Canada, play a number of courses in the area but mostly Rivendell Golf Club or Loyalist Golf and Country Club.

Best: Plenty of courses with specials if you book fairly last minute, easy to walk, some beautiful and reasonably priced courses.  Worst: Canadian Winter, lightning delays in the summer, mosquitoes/deer flies (golf is so fun right?)

I work for the Ministry of Health, supporting publicly funded drug programs.

It's been my gamer tag on PlayStation network for many years - lyrics from Kashmir by Led Zeppelin.

Driver: PXG Gen 5 0311 9º (TENSEI AV RAW White 75 Stiff)

3W: PXG Gen 5 0311XF 16º (HZRDUS Yellow Hand Crafted 75 Stiff)

3H/4H: Ping G425 19º/22º (Alta CB 70 Slate Stiff)

5 Iron to GW: Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal (Dynamic Gold S300)

SW/LW: Mizuno JPX921 54º/59º (Nippon Pro Modus Tour 105 Wedgeflex)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 1.5

Grips: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus4 Midsize (woods, hybrids), Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Midsize (irons, wedges), Garsen QUAD TOUR Tapered (putter)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing golf for a 2  ish years. Have been starting to take it a bit more seriously in the last few months. My handicap is 28. Started at 52 in the netherlands.

I enjoy the outdoor aspect and the fact that you can play with friends and family, have a good chat and a bit of competition along the way.

Found you guys on Twitter. I don't think i know any other spies.

I'm from the Netherlands. A small town close to Enschede. My home course is Het rijk van Sybrook Enschede.

My course is very nice. The worst thing is the price of golf memberships and the number of courses. 

I'm a e-commerce and marketing manager for a chain of bicycle stores.

Dutchy was my nickname when i lived in Australia.

Driver: No name brand

3 wood: Cobra king F7

Irons: PGF cavity back 3 to SW.

Putter: Odysey Odyssey O-Works #7 Black

Great to see more international members introducing themselves!

Promise we are doing our best to get some more international testing opportunities for all of you! 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Been playing since I was around 10. Was less consistent of player in my 20s but getting back to regular golf. Handicap is around 12 currently.

Getting outside and playing a great course.

Started with reading the reviews and got more into the forum with time.

I am from Kingston, ON, Canada but currently living in Brussels, BE. Don't have a home course over here but the school team I coach plays our of Club Golf d'Hulencourt.

In the summer, I am usually back in Kingston, ON and play out of the Landings or Rivendell.

Best is the availability tee times, worst is the cost and the privateness of the courses.

High School Science teacher in international schools. Also currently our school's head golf coach.

nickname from high school with my hockey number

Edited by hands39
update info
  • TM R540 Driver
  • Cobra Radspeed 3w
  • TM RBZ 19º Hybrid
  • King Cobra Oversize Tour (S300u) 4-PW 
  • Callaway Jaws 52
  • Cleveland RTX 56
  • Alien 60
  • Odessy CS Putter

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Started when I was 16 in 1998. Hcp is 7 ish. Was 4 at best many years ago.

Friendly banter. Competing with myself.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other

I read an inspiering thread about the stack system.

I am from Norway. I love playing different courses every season.

Long summer nights are awsome. No play from October/november to april is terrible.

Commercial role in cyber security.

My last name

Working to improve 😅

6 hours ago, Hovland said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Started when I was 16 in 1998. Hcp is 7 ish. Was 4 at best many years ago.

Friendly banter. Competing with myself.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other

I read an inspiering thread about the stack system.

I am from Norway. I love playing different courses every season.

Long summer nights are awsome. No play from October/november to april is terrible.

Commercial role in cyber security.

My last name

Hovland is one of my fav players, welcome 🤗

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I’m Jesse! From Kitchener Ontario. Newbie into the sport, started November of 2022. First ever round was in July of 22’ and chunked about 95% of my shots. Hit a 105 yard approach shot within 20ft and I was hooked. I’m a great natural athlete that played competitive baseball and hockey my entire childhood. Love the game, especially the mental aspect of it.

Bought my first set of clubs this past winter and got into the sim multiple times a week. I am fortunate to be decently good and I shoot an avg of 85-92 over the last 20 some rounds. No official hdcp as of yet! 

I love the gamesmanship of golf. I love getting out with my friends in the outdoors and unwinding from a hectic lifestyle. The game helps with my adhd and I’m able to put my focus into the round! 

I’m here for product reviews and to find some other spy’s in my area that like to compete and swing the sticks! 

Fortunately for me kitchener has plenty of options around with a few gems that I routinely play at. Home course would be innerkip highlands on weekends and Riveredge during the week! 

Best part of my area is a fair amount of courses within a half hour drive, only downfall is a major group owns a majority of them and pricing can be steep for the track you get to play! 

I get to sell the worlds best productivity solutions in the world! Snap-on tools Franchisee 

Thanks for the welcome! 

22 minutes ago, J.Lobo said:

Hey guys I’m Jesse! From Kitchener Ontario. Newbie into the sport, started November of 2022. First ever round was in July of 22’ and chunked about 95% of my shots. Hit a 105 yard approach shot within 20ft and I was hooked. I’m a great natural athlete that played competitive baseball and hockey my entire childhood. Love the game, especially the mental aspect of it.

Bought my first set of clubs this past winter and got into the sim multiple times a week. I am fortunate to be decently good and I shoot an avg of 85-92 over the last 20 some rounds. No official hdcp as of yet! 

I love the gamesmanship of golf. I love getting out with my friends in the outdoors and unwinding from a hectic lifestyle. The game helps with my adhd and I’m able to put my focus into the round! 

I’m here for product reviews and to find some other spy’s in my area that like to compete and swing the sticks! 

Fortunately for me kitchener has plenty of options around with a few gems that I routinely play at. Home course would be innerkip highlands on weekends and Riveredge during the week! 

Best part of my area is a fair amount of courses within a half hour drive, only downfall is a major group owns a majority of them and pricing can be steep for the track you get to play! 

I get to sell the worlds best productivity solutions in the world! Snap-on tools Franchisee 

Thanks for the welcome! 

Welcome 🤗 yeah hit one good shot and we're all hooked..

32 minutes ago, J.Lobo said:

Thanks for the welcome! 

Hey Jessie - I’m from Kitchener as well (Lower Doon). Welcome!

Cheers,

- Ian

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Hey Jessie - I’m from Kitchener as well (Lower Doon). Welcome!
Cheers,
 - Ian

Awesome! I’m not far from you (Ottawa-Homer area). Where’s your go to? Doon has been in pretty decent shape this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, J.Lobo said:

Awesome! I’m not far from you (Ottawa-Homer area). Where’s your go to? Doon has been in pretty decent shape this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I practice at Doon Jessie - My regular rotation is Innerkip, Elmira, Savannah and Puslinch.

- Ian

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Hey Everyone, 

Another Canadian here.  From the Quinte area.

Started golfing around 10 years ago.  Played a few rounds my first year, a few more rounds the next and then was hooked and shot over 100 rounds each year after that before life got in the way.  Now after about 5 years of irregular play I'm trying to get back into it.  Averaging high 90s right now but hoping to bring that number back down.

I think the thing I love the most about golf is challenging myself and the constant striving to improve.

I've been reading MyGolfSpy articles for years and specifically enjoy the reviews where products are properly tested by players of all different skill levels.

There are so many courses in the area that I don't have a specific home course, but I am particularly fond of Trillium Wood.  The best thing about golf in this area is the variety of courses to keep you from getting bored of any one particular course but a lot of the more affordable courses can definitely get so dry in the summer that it's like playing off of concrete!

I work as the manager of a manufacturing company and my username is also based on my last name.

Looking forward to gathering as much knowledge as I can from everyone on here!

• Ping G430 Max Driver
  • Takomo 101U #2 Driving Iron
  • Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Irons (5-GW)
  • Taylormade TP XFT Wedges (50, 54, 58)
  • Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 Putter

7 hours ago, Urrrshurrr said:

Hey Everyone, 

Another Canadian here.  From the Quinte area.

Started golfing around 10 years ago.  Played a few rounds my first year, a few more rounds the next and then was hooked and shot over 100 rounds each year after that before life got in the way.  Now after about 5 years of irregular play I'm trying to get back into it.  Averaging high 90s right now but hoping to bring that number back down.

I think the thing I love the most about golf is challenging myself and the constant striving to improve.

I've been reading MyGolfSpy articles for years and specifically enjoy the reviews where products are properly tested by players of all different skill levels.

There are so many courses in the area that I don't have a specific home course, but I am particularly fond of Trillium Wood.  The best thing about golf in this area is the variety of courses to keep you from getting bored of any one particular course but a lot of the more affordable courses can definitely get so dry in the summer that it's like playing off of concrete!

I work as the manager of a manufacturing company and my username is also based on my last name.

Looking forward to gathering as much knowledge as I can from everyone on here!

Welcome and yeah there are lots of knowledgeable people on here, my fav topic is all about Otto flex which is the poor man's $800 auto flex shaft which means dropping 2 flex for your driver. @azstu234 if memory's working started the topic, I've gone from light stiff to Ladies flex and 💕 it...