:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Long time reader, recent member, first post.

I've been playing golf for about 10 years. I got started late, in my mid 20s. Currently managing a 15hcp thanks to a commitment to more practice and some strong play in the few rounds I've managed this year. The improvements can be attributed to better putting and some swing and club adjustments. I also love club maintenance. It's what gets me through the winter. Regripping, cleaning, tweaking. I regripped, added 1.5 inches (I'm tall) and did the paint fill on all my clubs this February and really enjoyed it. I was very happy with the turn out, it's like getting new clubs. I should probably take some pics before I beat them to hell haha. 

As for what I love about golf other than the above, I love challenging myself and seeing improvements. I'm addicted to that feeling of being in the zone. I love the strategy and learning how to manage the course better. Most of all, I enjoy being outside with the boys, my wife or by myself. Hoping to add my son to my list of partners soon as he just turned 4.

I am from a little North of Toronto, Ontario so I'm jealous of anyone who gets full year golf.  I do not have, nor have I ever been a member anywhere but I have a handful of tracks in pretty regular rotation. I love playing new courses. 

I am an electrician by trade which means I'm generally stuck playing on weekends. 

My username is k van. It was a nickname when I was young and a gamer tag back when I spent my spare money on video games instead of golf as I do now. As for the 26, there are a few special days in my life that happen to fall on the 26th of the month.

Looking forward to hanging around and maybe even contributing once in a while. I can't even say how often I've been on this site looking for review or answers.

• Like 4

Fore!

Welcome from a fellow electrician down here in Tasmania, just starting to get a little wet on the course here. As my birthday is on the 26th I am pleased that it is a special number for you. At 56 I am trying to maintain a 17 handicap, some days it seems easy and others not. Would like to see photos of your upgrades if you want to post them.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Mick Close said:

Welcome from a fellow electrician down here in Tasmania, just starting to get a little wet on the course here. As my birthday is on the 26th I am pleased that it is a special number for you. At 56 I am trying to maintain a 17 handicap, some days it seems easy and others not. Would like to see photos of your upgrades if you want to post them.

Mick,

My daughter and SIL live in Sanford just outside of Hobart. Beautiful country. Last time we were there we played Barnboogle/Lost Farm along with Tasmania Golf Club.

IMG_8273-1.JPG.3dfead748982323e5fec7fd07f933113.JPG  

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 6/18/2021 at 8:09 AM, Mick Close said:

Thanks for the welcome Mick!

As the euro cup rolls on, I'm really loving the oranje on my clubs as you can probably tell 😁

IMG_20210619_095755.jpg

IMG_20210619_095815.jpg

IMG_20210619_095833.jpg

IMG_20210619_095840.jpg

IMG_20210421_214014.jpg

• Like 1

Fore!

Very nice job, not really up with the Euro Cup, but I am guessing from memory that you are supporting the Netherlands. Best of luck.

Regards Mick.

• Like 2

Live in Brighton UK and after a 9 year hiatus I’m back playing again. Playing off 14 and hoping to get back to single figure (was off 7). Haven’t joined anywhere yet, but enjoying “trying” out many courses looking for a home.

• Like 2

:tour-edge: C721 9.5 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge: CBX119 15 Fujikura Pro 2.0
:tour-edge: CBX119 18 Project X Hzrdus Black
:tour-edge:EXS220 22 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black
:tour-edge: EXS Pro Forged 5-PW True Temper Elevate Tour VSS Pro Stiff
:ping-small: Glide 3.0 50/SS True Temper Elevate Tour VSS Pro Stiff
:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54/Eye 2 True Temper Elevate Tour VSS Pro Stiff
:ping-small: Glide 3.0 58/Eye 2 True Temper Elevate Tour VSS Pro Stiff
:EVNROLL: ER1 (Blackout) with Gravity Grip
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, 

Fairly new to the site! I recently got back into golf after a long hiatus, and in doing some research to catch up, I kept landing here! 

I'm from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (our nations beautiful capital) 

Been golfing on and off for about 15 years, but very sporadically. Never more than maybe 6 or 8 rounds a year. Changing that now! 

I'm pretty terrible out there, but for the first time I am working to get better! 

I enjoy the walk and exercise... I'm in pretty bad shape, and needed something to get me out walking and working some muscles! 

Golf is pretty good here, lots of courses and options... Downside is a sometimes long offseason in the winter, and limited indoor golf opportunities. 

I'm a national representative for a union, trying to help people as best I can! 

Looking forward to participating in the forums and drawing on the collective experience here! Thanks in advance everyone! 

• Like 2

Witb--- cobra radspeed driver, 5w,5h,6-gw. Ping anser 4 putter. Cleveland cbx2 54 deg wedge. 

• 3 weeks later...
  1. I started playing golf around 30 years ago when I was 12. I stopped playing for 10 years due to back issues and surgery, and just started playing again 6 months ago. 

2. The challenge of each round is what I love the most. Each time you go out and play a round there's always a new challenge to overcome. 

3. Links to MyGolfSpy started showing up in my Google News feed. 

4. Where are you from? This is always a complicated question for military members. I'm originally from Hamilton, Ohio and growing up I always played Twin Run Golf Course. Currently stationed at RAF Lakenheath and I play the Breckland Pines Golf Course. 

5. The price on RAF Lakenheath is amazing but it's a 9 hole converted to 18 with 18 tee boxes. Another positive was getting the chance to attend The Open 

6. U.S. Air Force

7. Username I've always had

Currently playing the Ping G425 with a Cleveland 52 Wedge and a Vega Wedge

Trying to play as often as I can

20210722_135053.jpg

Hi all!

My name is Fuad and I am from Zimbabwe. Currently I am living in Ukraine. 

Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game

On 7/12/2021 at 8:59 PM, Stoods78 said:

Hi All, 

Fairly new to the site! I recently got back into golf after a long hiatus, and in doing some research to catch up, I kept landing here! 

I'm from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (our nations beautiful capital) 

Been golfing on and off for about 15 years, but very sporadically. Never more than maybe 6 or 8 rounds a year. Changing that now! 

I'm pretty terrible out there, but for the first time I am working to get better! 

I enjoy the walk and exercise... I'm in pretty bad shape, and needed something to get me out walking and working some muscles! 

Golf is pretty good here, lots of courses and options... Downside is a sometimes long offseason in the winter, and limited indoor golf opp employee monitoring software ortunities. 

I'm a national representative for a union, trying to help people as best I can! 

Looking forward to participating in the forums and drawing on the collective experience here! Thanks in advance everyone! 

Nice to meet you!

Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon, from New Brunswick, Canada!  First-time poster, long-time MGS admirer.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I started playing when I was seven years old.  I had my first membership when I was nine, and have been addicted ever since.  32 years now, then.  I was down to a 3-4 handicap in the late 90s and I once again have the time and energy to dedicate to working on my game, rather than playing 8-10 times a year.  I'm down to a 7.4 index with Golf Canada now, 9-10 at the beginning of the year.  Focusing on my game and getting the rust off has helped tremendously.  My long-term goal is to get down to scratch or at least break par again.

2. What do you love about golf?  I'm an only child and grew up playing a lot of team sports, with varying degrees of success.  But golf, golf is you versus the course.  Win, lose or draw, it's all on you...and I love that.  My wife is getting more into golf, and my five year old daughter loves to join us on the cart and hit four-footers after we've holed out.  There's nothing I'd rather be doing. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I've followed MGS for a long time on social media, YouTube, etc. and want to get to know more people from my region who golf and are passionate about the game.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in Moncton, New Brunswick.  While I am currently not a member, I will be joining the Moncton Golf Club next year.  I play a lot in St. Andrews as well, at the Algonquin.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Receptive greens, no matter the temperature.  It gets so bloody humid here, there are very few courses where you can't take dead aim with a wedge and stick it.  Worst part is, it's a May to October season (at best).  Humidity is a double-edged sword, I tend to be all carry off the driver as well.

6. What do you do for a living? I work in the automotive and RV industry and handle a large territory including NB, parts of NS and all of PEI.

7. How’d you pick your user name? YQM is the airport code for Moncton, and my first name is Jon. 🙂

• Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: M6 w/ HZRDS Smoke Grey 70g

4W: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5* w/ HZRDS RDX Black

4Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi2 21* w/ Evenflow White

Irons: 4i - Mizuno-Logo-1-e1510011839597.png.30c04005b3f580b72355d33be233f0fa.pngMP20 HMB w/ PX 6.5X 5-GW - Mizuno-Logo-1-e1510011839597.png.30c04005b3f580b72355d33be233f0fa.png JPX 921 Tour w/ PX 6.5X

Wedges: 56* :taylormade-small: MG2 Raw, 60* :taylormade-small: MG Chrome

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Santa Fe 1997 Model

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone. My name is Nigel and im new here. I never played golf and i really want to. I love watching but never had a buddy who also love golf so i decide to join here to see how are you guy doing .  

Edited by lifeofbrianwine

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! My name is Zoap 
Have been reading alot of reviews in this site and decided to finally join forums.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    I have been playing golf for 18 years now. My handicap would be scratch.

2. What do you love about golf? 
    I like to complexity of the game and how I can basically play this game from 5 years old till when I cannot walk anymore.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    I am a golf gear geek and loves to read reviews of golf equipment and I stumbled here.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    I'm from Thailand. My home course would be Siam Country Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    Best: Golfing in Thailand is very cheap compared to US.
    Worst: You're basically forced to use caddie in every course. 

6. What do you do for a living?
    I operate trailers and trucks rental service for factories.

7. How’d you pick your user name?
    Basically my nickname given by my friend while I'm studying in US because my thai name is pretty hard to pronounce lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! I'm new here and this thread seems to be the right place to make my first post. 🙂

1. I just started playing this summer so please don't ask about my handicap. 😄 At 36 years of age I'm very late to the party, I am as hooked as one can be though.

2. I love the challenge, and it's a very aeshetically pleasing sport. I also love being outside and seeing different courses, they're all so different.

3. Been watching MGS on youtube as well as reading online articles. Realized there's a forum a while ago, and now finally made an account.

4. I'm from germany, I live in a small town close to Frankfurt, which is pretty much in the centre of the country. My home course is Attighof Golf & Country Club in Waldsolms.

5. Nothing bad to say about playing golf in my region, at least of the time of this post. I probably don't play long enough to even have an opinion though.

6. I work as a coach and trainer for business communication for an asset management company.

7 The username has been around for 15 years. It's an analogy to my irl surname.

So, hi all, glad to be here. 🙂 If you have any questions, feel free.

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade M1 ('16) 10,5*
3 Wood: TaylorMade M1 ('16) 15,75*
5 Wood: Callaway Rogue 19*
Hybrid: Callaway Rogue 21*
Irons: Callaway Rogue 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 50*, RTX Zipcore 55* & 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour Black Short Slant

• 2 weeks later...

Edited - mods, please delete. Getting used to formatting on here. Sorry. 

Edited by joecanadian2021

:callaway-small: Epic Big Bertha 9* w/ Hzrdus Project X 6.0 55g 

:callaway-small: Mavrik 15* w/Even Flow Riptide 6.0 S 60g

:callaway-small:X Series N415 3 and 4 Hybrid

:cobra-small: Fly-Z GI Irons 4-GW (really 5-GW)

:cobra-small:King Cobra 56*

:callaway-small:MD3 C-Grind 60*

:odyssey-small: Red Ball

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 

I started playing as a kid, but as I tended to play hockey year 'round, I didn't get to golf as much. Now I play as much as I can, typically once or twice per week from March to November. I kept to an 88-90 (hence the 16.4 hcp), personal best is an 84. 

What do you love about golf? 

That great feeling of flushing a great shot, spending time with good friends. I also enjoy a good cigar on the course.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Articles started showing up in my notifications, and I eventually started lurking the forums. 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Toronto is home, I enjoy playing Piper's Heath, Watson's Glen and Glen Abbey

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

There's a ton of courses. Most courses are ridiculously expensive unless you want to play a mowed field. 

What do you do for a living?

I work in Legal for a Healthcare company

How did you pick your name?

I'm an average Joe from Canada.  

Edited by joecanadian2021

:callaway-small: Epic Big Bertha 9* w/ Hzrdus Project X 6.0 55g 

:callaway-small: Mavrik 15* w/Even Flow Riptide 6.0 S 60g

:callaway-small:X Series N415 3 and 4 Hybrid

:cobra-small: Fly-Z GI Irons 4-GW (really 5-GW)

:cobra-small:King Cobra 56*

:callaway-small:MD3 C-Grind 60*

:odyssey-small: Red Ball