International

GolfSpy MPR

If I can advise any golfer New or Old ...GET FITTED.... It makes the game so much pleasurable.... And you will save money on Buying clubs very year or 2 and you will loose a LOT less Balls $$$$ .... Play 1 Brand only which ever you choose .... Your putting will improve I guarntee that,  If you depend on short game buy a good 3 pc Ball and again play ONE BRAND only.... Let suckers play with a bagfull of snakes.

• Like 2

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Recently I've just got back into golf (20 year absent) all in all 20 years approximately , a very rough 16 hcp with an avg of  100

What do you love about golf?
The fun an enjoyment

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
like-minded folks, no other spies known

Where are you from? What is your home course?
New Zealand, Auckland. Huntly

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
The cost of memberships nearby. The beauty about most courses are within an hours drive!

What do you do for a living?
Bus Driver

How’d you pick your user name?
I'm a Kiwi (a nicname for us New Zealanders) and well NZ = New Zealand

• Like 1

a bad day at golf, is better than the best day at work!

On 5/7/2022 at 8:41 AM, Kiwi_NZ said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Recently I've just got back into golf (20 year absent) all in all 20 years approximately , a very rough 16 hcp with an avg of  100

What do you love about golf?
The fun an enjoyment

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
like-minded folks, no other spies known

Where are you from? What is your home course?
New Zealand, Auckland. Huntly

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
The cost of memberships nearby. The beauty about most courses are within an hours drive!

What do you do for a living?
Bus Driver

How’d you pick your user name?
I'm a Kiwi (a nicname for us New Zealanders) and well NZ = New Zealand

Hi fellow Kiwi spy, welcome and I'm new here too. I had 10 year break and played my golf in Sydney, looking fwd to getting back to lots of golf. Good luck, cheers Colin

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Funny, so many people who come back after a break. I had a nearly 20 years break. Reasons were the job and my kids. Now they are 17 and 19 years old and my wife and the boyz told me to start a hobby. I was an 18 handicap before my long pause and now i am working to score below 100. I lost of lot of length, but my short-game got much better. My old pga pro already retired and i still struggling to find a new one. Man, so much changed. Dropping the ball kneehigh. Range Finders, Sensors tracking your length and apps with gps tracking. I love it. I am a tech-nerd and number cruncher. Now that i am in my late 40s i bought my first mizuno irons. Now i can afford them. Looking forward to this forum and my game. 

Greetings from Bavaria Germany

• Like 2
  • Cobra Radspeed Driver 12 degree, adusted down to 11 degree loft stiff shaft
  • Cobra Radspeed 3 Wood stiff shaft
  • TaylorMade GAPR Mid stiff shaft
  • Mizuno JPX Hote Metal 921 3-PW Steelshaft regular
  • Taylor Made Milled Grind 2 50,54,58 loft wedges
  • Evnroll ER1.2 blade Putter
  • Seed SD01 Balls and when i am playing bad Srixon AD-333. I won a pack of Wilson Staff Triad and played it the last four rounds. This could be my choice for the near future.

Hi There,

I am a South African golfer and Mechanical engineer who took a 10 year break from golf after university only playing 3 or 4 times a year. Started playing regularly again 2 years ago and really enjoy it. Have the privilege to live in the most beautiful part of the world right on the Crocodile river on the Kruger National Park and to play Leopard Creek CC from time to time. 

I am not too big on new Technology, I still carry a 2 iron and have used the same putter for 25 years.  This is my first time on a golf forum and hope to enjoy the conversations on the forum and learn from others. 

Maybe there is better irons out there than my trusty MP32's....

default_titelist-small.jpg.ce9f42d5694f285c498235c26f81ca24.jpg TS3 8.5°

default_taylormade-small.jpg.38fe6f95dda21245f3fac3407e54d0b3.jpg RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5°

image.png.5c3f9754d5cea2ff38a7c4b2764675c0.png Apex Edge 2 Iron

default_mizuno-small.jpg.69e225713404a3293d291ed51b42b2ec.jpg MP32 Irons 3 - PW

default_cleveland-small.jpg.903af6280bdadd06ef9c8f0c4dfe4218.jpg 54° and 60° Wedges

default_scotty-cameron-1.gif.aa4eac2325a98c0e94d74d30721a263a.gif Newport 2 Gunmetal

default_titelist-small.jpg.ce9f42d5694f285c498235c26f81ca24.jpg Pro V1

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

I'm from the Great White North (Canada).  Been playing golf very casually for most of my life, until my clubs were stolen.  Spent a few years not playing at all after that, finally picked the game back up last year, and am now playing weekly and making a concerted effort to improve my scores.  I don't really have a home course, but there is more than 50 courses close to me that I like to play on whenever I can (which sadly, where I live means I can only golf from about May to early October).

Since getting back into the sport, I've checked out MyGolfSpy frequently for gear reviews and news, and I'm looking forward to getting more involved in this community.

Cheers!

Driver: :callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS 9*

Woods/Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Epic Max 3 wood, :ping-small: G425 7 wood, :ping-small: G425 4 hybrid

Irons:  :mizuno-small: 921 Hot Metal 5-Pw

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50, 54, CBX full face 60

Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider EX

• 3 weeks later...

Another from France. Play at Grand Saint Emilion Golf Club, Nouvelle Aquitaine. Wine, duck and golf. Hard to beat. Hi to anyone who sees this.

Senior golfer. (50+). Regular player in Federal competitions in France. Lifelong addict.

6 hours ago, HarveyB said:

Another from France. Play at Grand Saint Emilion Golf Club, Nouvelle Aquitaine. Wine, duck and golf. Hard to beat. Hi to anyone who sees this.

Hi, I too like your combo WINE duck golf. Did that when I was living in Sydney and more WINE Duck Tennis in Hong Kong, golf too expensive in Hong Kong. Cheers Colin...

Hello, I am Christof from Belgium and I play golf at the local golf club called Witbos, which is 8 km away from my home. I am in my 2nd year of golf, I try to go 4 times to the club in one week. From the beginning of July 2022 I stopped playing golf, I had a right hip arthroscopy operation on 05.08.22, is month on crutches then 2 months revalidating, I will not be playing golf or make a golf swing immediately. Now I have some time for internet to look around, I find the mygolfspy very interesting all the test and reviews and chance to test equipment very interesting.

Sporty greetings
Christof

Putter; Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth: Grip: ping pistol PP60

Wedge: Cleveland CBX 2 58° and 48°

Sandwedege: Wilson Staff Model 54° 

Wilson Staff D9: 5 en PW;  

Fairway 7,TaylorMade Stealth 21°, 

Garmin: Vivoactive 4S

Golf shoes: Inesis waterproofing and grip men brown. Adidas Tour 360 XT SL 2.0 Textile

Gloves Inesis, but prefers to play without gloves, suitable golf balls not found yet.