Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

International

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing golf seriously since 2017. However like many of us, I did play as a kid with my dad. But there was a large gap where I didn't play at all because other sports (primarily baseball) were my priority. My handicap is a 3 right now. Really hoping to get to scratch in the coming years!

2. What do you love about golf?

A bit of everything. I think primarily it is an escape for me. It's endlessly complicated but also incredibly simple - get the ball in the hole in as few shots as possible. There are so many things to learn about (architecture, strategy, etiquette, the pro game, tournament prep, etc.) which means I never get bored of it. At the end of the day though I think it's the camaraderie and the great friendships I have gained that make me love golf.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I don't know any other Spies! I was a lurker for quite a while, consuming all the main content and then the forum boards as well. Now I have decided to enter the conversation too!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

Canadian here.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Expensive. Whether green fees or membership dues, it is getting ridiculous here. Also requires some serious scheming to get tee times on the regular.

6. What do you do for a living?

I am finishing up a PhD at the moment. I will keep the specific field/topic confidential because it will definitely dox me.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

You know a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous 

Hello fellow golfers!!  

1. My name is Mike (Leaky) and I've been playing since I was probably 5/6. Never really "stuck" with golf as a plethora of other sports too up my summers and where I live never gave me a chance to play in winter months. My current handicap is around 10. The Grint app has me at a 7.9 but I digress. 

2. I've grown to love golf more than I did before. My dad and I would put clubs together to try new things (grips, heads, shafts etc) and doing so has really made me more aware of the new tech coming out in new clubs. Having played team sports most of my life golf is the only thing that makes me feel like it's on me. At all times. Mistakes are my own. And I love that about it. Playing with the boys on a weekday twilight is the best. But at the end of the day, my shots are my own. 

3. I've been a long time follower of MGS and their reviews but I'm new to the forum side. A few purchased I've made over the years have been directly due to MGS reviews. So I'd like to give back. And hopefully (shortly) down the line give my own perspective and insight in the form of written and video reviews of clubs. 

4. I live in the lovely province of Alberta. In Edmonton. Where golf season is either windy. Smokey. Rainy. Or non existent due to snow. My home course would probably be The Quarry. 

5 . As I mentioned about golf being a solo sport, that's what I love most about it. It's always on you to make shots. And bounce back after bad ones. And as frustrating as it may be sometimes seeing your high handicap friends throw darts. It's awesome to see their reactions to hitting shots they don't normally hit. The worst part about golf right now is the cost. Green fees are as high as they've ever been, and that's even if you can get a tee time, and the cost of equipment has skyrocketed as we all know. 

6. Currently I work full time as an electrician. And I'm currently in the process of a career change to hopefully become a fire fighter. 

7. My user name (LeakyValve) has to do with my leaking heart. 2 major surgeries has kept it going and walking instead of carting helps too!!

"We're weekend golfers. Of course we just buy gear off the racks and wonder it doesn't work"

Greetings folks from sunny southern Alberta Canada.  With a busy life with work and kids I still find time to slide out a couple times a week with the lads for a 9 or 18.   Sitting around an 8 handicap right now which is great with my brutal swing haha!  
The weapons of choice right now:

drive- AI smoke max

3w - cobra speed zone

5w - callaway epic

20 degree hybrid - cobra speedzone

2 iron- cobra forged tec

4-pw - cobra CB/MB combo

50/54/60 wedges - callaway jaws

scotty Newport 2 plus. 
yes I know that’s too many clubs but the woods and 2 iron change through the year depending on course and wind. 

IMG_9262.jpeg

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I’ve been playing since I was about 10 years old…however I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis when I was 27 and had to stop playing a couple of years later due to the pain in my hands. I put my clubs in the attic and forgot about them for over 15years.

A little over 2 years ago a friend was brought some clubs for his birthday. After chatting and realising while I still had bad days, my medication had my arthritis under much better control so I thought I’d grab a 7-iron out of the attic and go to the local range…Everything felt fine and I’ve been making up for the missing 15 years ever since.

Since coming back I’ve had a few lessons to make sure I don’t ingrain any bad habits, and have been looking at my, very outdated equipment. Despite fittings and testing different equipment from multiple manufacturers every time, I’ve somehow ended with Taylormade everything. The only thing I haven’t changed yet is my iron set. I was fitted at the Mizuno fitting centre back in around 2008 for my MP-60 irons. If things go well this year I’ll probably reward myself with a fitting and a new set, IF the data says they’re better for me.

Gotta say, I feel like a set of P790s might be somewhere in my future 😄

I love the feeling of hitting a pure strike and watching the ball do exactly what you’d pictured in your mind. I love the technical side of the game, looking at the technology in the equipment, and what benefit it could bring, while knowing you absolutely can’t buy success.

Mostly though, I love being out on the course, either by myself to let my head chill, or chatting with friends, or strangers, for a few hours.

Good company and good golf is perfect, but I’ll take good company and bad golf every day of the week over no golf!

I don’t know anyone else here, but I came to the site because of the great side-by-side comparison during equipment testing. Impartial data and analytics are key here

I’m based in Cambridge in the UK. My local course is a fairly short 9 hole public course lust to the west of Cambridge called Kingsway Melbourne

The weather! Cambridge is near the Fens in the UK, which is very flat and exposed so when the wind gets up it can have a significant impact. Also we’re often playing on fairly damp courses which can make the ground very heavy. While the greens at Kingsway are generally very good, the big issue playing on a public course is that seemingly a lot of players don’t bother repairing pitch marks. Make one…repair two, or three, or more!

The best thing, we don’t really have a golf season, we play all year round. Sure, I’ve played when the greens are frozen (we have very hardy grass here, it doesn’t cause an significant damage to the course) that results in some comedy bounces, and sure there’s the rain…but all you need is the right clothing and a pair of rain gloves and you’re set

I’m a Database Administrator and Developer so spend all day sitting in front of computer screens. Getting away from that and onto a golf course is my happy place!

7. How’d you pick your user name?

I’ve had this username on various sites since I was at university and think it originally came from a D&D character, and no, it’s nothing to do with the Observatory in Cheshire England 😉

WitB (not sure how I ended up with so much :taylormade-small: kit…it wasn’t deliberate 🙂
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Driver (HZRDUS Smoke Red shaft)
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2+ 5 Wood (with a 3-wood length HZRDUS Smoke Black shaft)
:mizuno-small: MP-60 irons 3-PW
:taylormade-small: MG4 52º & 60º (C-Grind) Wedges
:taylormade-small: MG3 Black 56º Wedge
:taylormade-small: MySpider Tour putter in McLaren F1 Colours
:taylormade-small: TP5 Pix balls

Hi having read a lot of the threads for sometime now decided to take the plunge and get involved. Really interesting content I enjoy reading. I’m based in Wales in the U.K. and have been playing for about 30 years. Fortunately I live only a couple of miles from my golf club with a floodlit range and have a practice net set up in the garden. I try and get some sort practice in most days though not always easy with the rough winters we have in the welsh mountains! Current handicap is 1 golf is a way of life for me 😂😂

The best thing about golf in my region is the tranquility and availability of my course, it’s very easy to play as much golf as you want and it’s not too far to travel to play links golf for the variety. The worst thing I think is we have very wet winters and you have to be pretty hardy for 4 months of the year. My user name is just my instagram name. 
Joined the site as a member because I’m a total equipment geek, I find it fascinating the R&D in golf equipment and learning about manufacturers new releases. I also really enjoy club building and repairs, have a workshop at home and also help out in the golf club shop also. Don’t know any other spies but look forward to reading the reviews 👍

Paradym TD GD Tour AD UB 6x, Mizuno STG 3 wood Fuji Speeder V, Cal apex UW 19deg, Mizuno pro 225 4 iron, Mizuno pro 223 5-PW Project x 6.5 rifles, Vokey 50,54,58 Bettinardi bb28 slotback CS

New to the forum! Looking forward to becoming a part of the community!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've been golfing for 18 years now. In my teens was a member at course and was around a 7 handicap. Life took over and in the years since I definitely don't play to that anymore. I ended 2023 at a 14.7 - looking to get back into the single digits by the end of year as I just join a club for the upcoming season

What do you love about golf?

Everything!!!! Being outside, the exercise(yes I walk 90% of the time). The chase to continually get better.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Looking for reviews on balls/clubs brought me to the site!

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I'm from Hamilton ON where my home courses were King's Forest and Willow Valley. Now I'm in Ottawa so I haven't played up here yet but I joined Metcalfe Golf Club for the upcoming 2024 Season.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

4-6 months of no golf are awful. The best part is the diversity of courses, and when the weather is good it's REAL GOOD.

What do you do for a living?

I work in the Waste industry as an Operations Supervisor

How’d you pick your user name?

Last name and the airport of my new home!

D- Callaway GBB(2015) with 10.5 S Speeder 

3- Callaway X-Hot 14.5

5- Nike VRTour 18.5

4-PW- Titleist T100 

50/54/58- Vokey SM8 Raw 

Odyssey Pro Type Tour Black #2

Golf Pride MCC+4 grips

Srixon Q Star Tour 

Hello all! Nice to meet you!

I've been playing since I was a kid.  9.5

Walking, birdie juice, competition, making a long putt!

Best golf related site around hands down!

Toronto ON.  I play Lakeview GC in Mississauga frequently.

@yowMagur said above and I agree! "4-6 months of no golf are awful. The best part is the diversity of courses, and when the weather is good it's REAL GOOD."

Professor

How’d you pick your user name?

🤣

default_taylormade-small.jpg.11909ae8225233b0a9df9a5443a04a86.jpg DRIVER -- Stealth 2022 (12°)

default_ping-small.jpg.bb781084b587d82e12837461ac41ad56.jpg  G430 Max (dialed down to 4W loft 16.5°)

default_mizuno-small.jpg.9cbfa4a78cd9739973818e14ecbb7c6a.jpg Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 2 (18°)

default_srixon-small.jpg.5334954526943a6cc88f7dc2e162bfd8.jpg ZX7 MK II (4i - PW)

default_vokey-small.gif.11c969c696a9d7aabc6767e476f5a9c9.gif SM9 50°

default_taylormade-small.jpg.11909ae8225233b0a9df9a5443a04a86.jpg MG3 56°

default_vokey-small.gif.11c969c696a9d7aabc6767e476f5a9c9.gif SM9 62°

EVNROLL.gif.968aa9f586c898b7552c662124434031.gif ER2

default_srixon-small.jpg.5334954526943a6cc88f7dc2e162bfd8.jpg Z-Star

You guys are spot on with short seasons. Really is a bummer... But it makes the golfing season you do have that much better!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Hense, further in the North you have 20-24hrs daylight.

Used to go practice onto the range at 11 pm 4-5 times a week and spend a good three hours there with video camcoder back, when I started golfing at the Arctic Circle.

Where I am now located there is playing worthy light conditions till close to midnight during midsummer for about two months. And sunrise at 4:10 am.

Our senior committee organizes a shot-gun start comp at summer solstice starting at 4 hundred hrs, The Early Bird Stableford. And up in the north you can play thru the ”night”.

At our home town there it was a common trade to start moving the lawn at 1 o’clock am. And do other gardening work, planting flowers and hedge in the early hours, cause you honestly don’t get tired, when the sun shines thru the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there is a risk, take it! AND RECOVER the best you can!

Hi,

I’ve been reading the site for quite a while now and thought it was about time I got properly involved. 
I’ve been playing golf for around 30 years but had 7 years away from the game following a serious motorcycle collision that left me with restricted function of my left hand. I started playing again in 2020 once I could hold a club again and am now playing off 15. 
I love the challenge of constantly improving most about golf. 
I came across MGS while looking for a review on a Motocaddy trolley and love the reviews on new kit. 
Originally I’m from the north east of England but have lived in London for the last 18 years. I’m currently a member at Sidcup golf club in south east London. 
The best thing about golf in my region is that there are plenty of quality courses nearby. The worst thing is they’re usually busy. 
I’ve been a police officer for 28 years so only 2 more to go until retirement and more golf 🤣

My username is my nickname from work for obvious reasons

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik  4-AW,

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

IMG_5085.jpeg

Introduction and who I am. 

1.    How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 

My name is Chris and I have been playing golf on and off for 40 plus years.  After not playing golf for 10+ years, I got back into golf at the age of 60. I was inspired by a friend who once said, golf is the only game you can play for 30 years and never improve.  When I thought about it, it is rather true, so I was determined to do it right the second time around.   At the time I was about a 25 handicap.  Hence lessons, fitted equipment and diligent practice. I was inspired again when I went to Tour Experience Golf (TXG) 5+ years ago and came out not only with expertly fitted and built clubs, but many new friends.  Ian and his staff are really world class.  I now go at least twice a year to tweak my setup. My current handicap is 6.3, but have been as low as 4 or high as 8.5.  Most of my rounds are in the 78-82 range.

image.png.0fcadee8205c70c9a1ad5c8326ae1094.png   Getting closer to that elusive hole in one.

I love scenic, challenging courses, especially mountain or coastal courses. What drives me is hitting good shots and being consistent.  My philosophy is if you hit good shots the score will “usually” take care of itself.  I am competitive, however, I play more for the joy of the game.  I strive to improve each year and keep father time at bay.  I enjoy meeting new people from different backgrounds as well as the camaraderie of playing with my friends and taking in the scenery and the odd beverage/meal post round.  I am definitely an equipment and data junkie.

I’ve been a member for many years, primarily focussing on the equipment reviews. I came to the forum side last July, when I entered the MGS virtual tour, primarily focussed on securing an MGS tour bag card.  Absolutely shocked and surprised myself, by finishing top ten.  Still can't believe that.  As a result I now know a number of other Spies and its grown exponentially as I discover all the other great threads and discussions.  They truly are a great group of individuals and very helpful. 

image.png.abd3eb0e1a4ac0d9cec7bb0c44fa7df0.png  

I live in Oakville, in the greater Toronto area in Ontario, Canada. To put things into perspective the province of Ontario is 1.5 x larger than the state of Texas and 1.7 times larger than France the largest country in Europe, or 4x the size of the UK.  My home course is TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley featuring 3 courses all ranked within the top 60 courses in Canada and all 3 in the top 20 public courses in Canada.

image.png.fad738d27fa46ae49a1b56e50b66b5a7.png image.png.f4e170afe5b45febbcb29b638e2832f0.png image.png.fac31213720113918a1f02bd4af99729.png

There are many great courses, easily accessible within an hour from where I live.  Unfortunately, the top 20 in the province are all private. One of the best courses accessible to the public is then TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley.  The season is short (May – Oct) and golf can be expensive.  Thank goodness for indoor golf facilities, so now I can play and practice year round.

image.png.3254df669cc47e65fb0d6aa77ab3c68f.png As you drive in, TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley is the only tour players club in Canada.

I am currently on career number 4 and somewhat retired where golf, pickleball and my huskies are my day jobs.

image.png.633bdef820fc95dd92572221f79fdffa.png image.png.4fec872b619d1e4beb8aeeb82faa0389.png Myah (front) and Hazel, my fur babies. Myah is the diva and Hazel is the shy, anxious one.

After graduate school, I did medical research looking at factors involved in preterm labour.  I then moved onto organ donation and transplantation, eventually running the organ donation program based out of Toronto General Hospital.  Toronto General hospital (TGH) is one of the premier transplant centres and hospitals in the world (top 5). They pioneered both successful single and double lung transplantation in the eighties.  I had the distinct pleasure of working in multi organ transplant in the early days (80’s/90’s) and worked with many brilliant and incredibly smart people. Where the driving principle was you do what’s best for the patient, what does the data show, what is the source of and type of data (randomized control trial, meta analysis, etc.), is it evidence based, fair, balanced and non promotional in nature.   You had to know your stuff and be prepared for anything, because it was literally life and death stuff.  Back then it was routine to work 24-36 hours straight procuring and transplanting organs.  I’ve been in every teaching hospital and ICU across Canada and many in the US.  I’m driven by the need to learn, challenges, push myself and enjoy what I do.   I then transitioned to career 3, moving to the “dark side” starting with Wyeth and then Pfizer in their Rare Disease group and the launch of Rapamycin for organ transplantation.   Over time, bleeding disorders (hemophilia) and growth disorders (growth hormone and Acromegaly) were added to my portfolio but the same guiding principle of doing what’s best for the patient driven by what does the data actually show. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? - cfhandyman

Easy. First 2 letters are my initials.  One of my other passions is building and home renovation.  When I was young, I bought a water access shell of a cottage as my first property.  Not being handy at the time, I proceeded to take courses in construction, carpentry, electrical and plumbing. I then proceeded to completely wire the cottage, plumb it, insulate it, drywall, install flooring, build the kitchen, bathroom, etc. I’ve built and rebuilt docks, decks, so hence the handyman moniker.  There’s not much I can’t do, although with age comes wisdom.  There are some jobs now, I definitely do not want to do (roofing).

image.png.2d6e0b64c217c5551fd39693e796a062.png  image.png.e6172410c13a6cf659246f8882b6af89.png image.png.5542b11738fa1676e60cef7d253169f6.png

Edited by Cfhandyman

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

Hi, I'm a 28 year UK veteran now retired to Cyprus in the Mediterranean. I've played golf for nearly 30 years, I'm 71 and play off 12.2 these days though I've been single figure for a number of year previously. I use Ping clubs, combination of g425 irons and g430 woods and a sigma 2 putter. I love playing here because the weather is great for 325 plus days of the year. 

Army veteran loving retirement. 

Hey, for all of you international folks on the MGS Forum, I started a discussion of "soccer" (the real football); here's a link, if you are interested -- 

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

On 2/11/2019 at 3:39 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Hi all, I've been following MGS on Instagram for a while. Figures it was about time I sign up to the forums.

1. I've been playing for a little over 20yrs on and off. My current handicap is 10.4 at one time I was at 6.3.  These days I generally shoot anywhere from high 70s to mid 80s.
  2. I love the game because it's never the same, there's always a challenge and it's a great way to spend time with friends.

3. I don't know any other spies, afaik...

4. I'm from SE Alberta, home course is Medicine Hat G&CC

5. Best part about golf here is it's very affordable. Worst part is it's Canada, courses are closed for 4 months ish per year.

6. I work with drones

7. It's my name and initial, boring but easy 😉

Currently playing off of 10. Taylormade through the bag with the exception of Vokey SM8 wedges and a SC Newport2 Putter.

4 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

Hey, for all of you international folks on the MGS Forum, I started a discussion of "soccer" (the real football); here's a link, if you are interested -- 

Rugby Union real men play ⏯️

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

10 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Rugby Union real men play ⏯️

One of my younger brothers played Rugby Union in Western NY.

Spoiler

Hello all, 

Played golf for 2 years as a junior and then life got in the way. 3 years ago, after a 30+year break I came back to the game, love it. Based in UK, WITB

Titleist TSi3 8 Degree Driver

Cobra Aerojet LS 3 wood

Cobra King Tec 4 Hybrid

Miura CB-501 irons

52,56,60 degree Cobra Snakebite Wedges

Edel EAS putter

Titleist TSi3 8degree Driver,

Cobra Aerojet LS 3-wood,

Cobra King Tec 4 hybrid,

Ping i230 irons,

52,56,60 degree Cobra Snakebite wedges,

Edel putter.

Played a little when I was young, taking up the game again around 12 years ago.

I’m bit of a competitive animal when it comes to sport so when I finished playing cricket golf was next.

I love stats and figures and how they relate to actual performance when it comes to sport. Been following/ reading MyGolfSpy articles.

Australia, Victoria, Geelong.

Home track is Barwon Valley GC

There’s some top courses within a short distance which is good. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be enough more affordable options as it can be difficult to get a tee time on my home track and others.

Machine operator

How’d you pick your user name?

Nothing to Whitty just my nickname and birth year.

Current WITB

Callaway Rogue Driver

Taylormade M1 3w & 3 hybrid

Ping G430 4 Hybrid

Ping i210 irons pw-5

Vokey SM7 wedges 50, 54, 58

Scotty Cameron select fastback putter

Sun Mountain bag

Bridgestone Tour B XS ball

HC 9.5

Edited by Keg74

To Golf or not to Golf isn’t a Question 

On 3/11/2024 at 3:04 PM, funkyjudge said:

One of my younger brothers played Rugby Union in Western NY.

Played Soccer ⚽ in my school years but when guys take a dive for a penalty and their NOT actually touched that sickens me, sadly still happening today and in my view those people should be banned for Life 👍

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

55 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Played Soccer ⚽ in my school years but when guys take a dive for a penalty and their NOT actually touched that sickens me, sadly still happening today and in my view those people should be banned for Life 👍

Unfortunately, I saw it happen a handful of times yesterday and today in Champions League and CONCACAF Champions Cup matches. It is truly disgusting!

Spoiler

Started playing around 20 years ago just for something to do with my buddies and over the last few years I've started to play a lot more and actually practice with the intent of improving. I started playing some competitive tournaments last year and loved it.

I love the challenge and it's a sport I'll be able to play for life. Every round is different and there's all sorts of different obstacles to overcome. Whether you're playing in a tournament or just playing a round with some friends, it's impossible not to have a good time.

I'm a review junky. I love reading stats about new equipment being tested. It's even better when it's just some average joe trying something and giving their two cents.

Victoria, BC, Canada

Home track is Gorge Vale Golf Club

This is the best area in Canada for golf. It's the only area you can play year round and there are some top quality courses very close to me. The only two draw backs is some of these places can be very expensive and winter golf is usually a bit of a wet/soggy experience.

Welding Inspection

Just a couple initials and some numbers I like.

Current WITB

TaylorMade SIM 10.5° Driver with a 50s Ventus Red shaft

Taylormade SIM 3W with a 60s Ventus Blue shaft

Mizuno CLK 3 Hybrid

Nike Covert 4 Hybrid

Mizuno JPX 919 Irons GW-5

Kirkland Wedges 56° & 60°

TaylorMade Spider GT Splitback putter

Mizuno Stand bag

Titleist PRO-V1x

HC 12.2

Edited by JX92

TaylorMade SIM 10.5° - 50S Ventus Red

TaylorMade SIM 3W - 60S Ventus Blue

JPX919 Irons - KBS C-Taper Lite

Kirkland Wedges

TaylorMade Spider GT Splitback

55 minutes ago, JX92 said:

Started playing around 20 years ago just for something to do with my buddies and over the last few years I've started to play a lot more and actually practice with the intent of improving. I started playing some competitive tournaments last year and loved it.

I love the challenge and it's a sport I'll be able to play for life. Every round is different and there's all sorts of different obstacles to overcome. Whether you're playing in a tournament or just playing a round with some friends, it's impossible not to have a good time.

I'm a review junky. I love reading stats about new equipment being tested. It's even better when it's just some average joe trying something and giving their two cents.

Victoria, BC, Canada

Home track is Gorge Vale Golf Club

This is the best area in Canada for golf. It's the only area you can play year round and there are some top quality courses very close to me. The only two draw backs is some of these places can be very expensive and winter golf is usually a bit of a wet/soggy experience.

Welding Inspection

Just a couple initials and some numbers I like.

Current WITB

TaylorMade SIM 10.5° Driver with a 50s Ventus Red shaft

Taylormade SIM 3W with a 60s Ventus Blue shaft

Mizuno CLK 3 Hybrid

Nike Covert 4 Hybrid

Mizuno JPX 919 Irons GW-5

Kirkland Wedges 56° & 60°

TaylorMade Spider GT Splitback putter

Mizuno Stand bag

Titleist PRO-V1x

HC 12.2

The island has some pretty awesome courses! I’m in the okanagan and would say we have the best golf in Canada 🤣 but we do have to shut down for a few weeks in the winter

welcome to MGS!

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

Hi, I'm Matt.

PXL_20210308_0925466972.jpg.6427df2852ec907fd4bc048615a4f4e9.jpg

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

- I've been playing since 2022. I bought myself some clubs for my birthday as I needed a new hobby and quickly became obsessed. 

- My handicap is 14 and I regularly shoot in the mid to high 80's. My best competition score was 79. 

- Everything 😅. I love the feeling of progression, I love bombing a drive, flushing irons, draining putts. I love giving my mates pointers and they convert that into a great shot. Golf just tickles my pickle. 

- I also geek out on equipment and technique.

- MGS has been my go to site for equipment news and reviews. I don't know any other spies in the forum's, but I do know my playing mates also use the site, but not the forum. 

- Canberra, Australia. My home club is Fairbairn and Murrumbidgee. 

- BEST: Golf here is very accessable and affordable with great variety. Close proximity to Sydney and south coast courses. 

- WORST: Not much. Maybe just some s***** attitudes at a few clubs. 

- I'm self employed as a HVAC technician. 

How’d you pick your user name?

- It was an old nickname. 

1000001190.jpg.a85c147aa271b01cd9edd3aeb7fc0cb9.jpg

Current WITB: warning! Gear Ho. Clubs swap spots in the bag weekly. 

Driver: Cobra LTDx LS 

Not in the bag: ping G430 max, Mizuno STZ220, TM original one mini driver. 

3 wood: Cobra LTDx 

Not in the bag: Callaway epic flash sub zero, Callaway utility wood.

3 hybrid: Cobra rad speed 

Not in the bag: Callaway epic flash, Srixon zX

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 4-GW 

Not in the bag: Mizuno JPX 4h & 5h. Cleveland UHX 4-AW

Wedges: Wilson Staff, Staff model 56 & 60 degree.

Not in the bag: Cleveland RTX4 58 degree 3 degree bounce. Cleveland CBX 54 & 60 degree. Mizuno JPX921 S & L wedges. 

Putter: Infinity golf answer style blade

Not in the bag: Odyssey #7 Tank. 

😳

Edited by Yogi B

Golf sneaker head

4 hours ago, Yogi B said:

1000001190.jpg.a85c147aa271b01cd9edd3aeb7fc0cb9.jpg

Welcome! I see the heavens are smiling upon your bag. 😉

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

Hello everyone, I'm William from Toronto, Canada.   A shout out and a big "Eh!" to all the Canadians out here.

Started playing as a 13 year-old teenager with some friends, having a cheap junior membership at a local municipal course. I continued playing 1-2 times per week through my 20's into my mid 30's (with a 5-6 year break at University) and had my handicap down into the single digits between 7-9.  From my late 30's/early 40's until recently (early 60's), I play very, very infrequently as the demands of family, career, and business travel became my focus.  I recently started to play golf more regularly again as I decided to retire from my work career in 2023.  Last year I joined a men's senior golf group in the Toronto area and have started to play 2-3 times a week again.  What a joy it is to play golf regularly again.  I've discovered that my handicap has now crept into the mid teens (handicap 15-16 during 2023) now that I'm in my 60's.  With more golf and more practice I hope to improve and drop my handicap by 2-4 strokes this year.  Wish me luck . . . LOL!!

I love the feeling of being outdoors, walking a course on a beautiful spring/summer/autumn day, spending time with good friends and meeting new interesting people who share the same passion for this wonderful sport.  I love that golf presents a different experience and challenge with each round, whether you are playing a new different course, or playing on a familiar favorite.  It's a game of unpredictability where weather, course layout & conditions and your imperfect swing mechanics will present a new perspective on each and every hole.  It's an activity I believe I can enjoy through the later years of my life.

I’ve been an avid reader of MGS reviews and articles for the past few years, and have recently joined the forums in March 2024 to learn, share and interact with like-minded golf enthusiasts. 

I don't really know any other Spies but hope to meet and correspond with anyone who shares similar interests. 

Live in the Toronto, ON, Canada area.

I play a variety of courses, but will be adopting Toronto Golf Club as my regular course this season as I will be a part-time staffer.

We are fortunate here in Ontario to have probably the largest collection of great golf courses in Canada.  From where I live in the west end of Toronto I am within a 15-25 minute drive from about 15-20 of Canada's Top 50 golf courses.  Unfortunately, most of these top courses are private and very expensive for the average individual.  However, there are probably about 100 good to very good accessible courses, within an hour drive away.  One of the best courses accessible to the public is TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley.  Another highly rated and very well conditioned municipal course is Lakeview in Mississauga, ON, which is thankfully 15 minutes from home.

Recently retired from a long career as an IT Professional & Consultant.

I've decided to take on a part-time job at a local golf course just for fun, and mostly for the golf privileges.  So with that strategy in mind I applied to some of the highly rated private courses in this area and have landed a part-time seasonal job at the prestigious Toronto Golf Club.

Nothing special and not rocket science.  Used my first name with some numbers.

Currently WITB

My weapons of choice:

Driver: :ping-small: G430 Max 10.5

5 Wood: :ping-small: G430 Max

7Wood: :cobra-small: King F9 SpeedBack

Hybrid: :PXG: 0211, 19-degree

Irons 1: :srixon-small: ZX5, 5-GW

Irons 2: :PXG: 0211 XCOR2, 5-GW

Wedges: :vokey-small:  SM9, 52 F8 & 56 S10

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider FCG #3 Mallet

“Of all the hazards, fear is the worst.” - Sam Snead

On 3/8/2024 at 4:07 PM, Cfhandyman said:

Introduction and who I am. 

1.    How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 

My name is Chris and I have been playing golf on and off for 40 plus years.  After not playing golf for 10+ years, I got back into golf at the age of 60. I was inspired by a friend who once said, golf is the only game you can play for 30 years and never improve.  When I thought about it, it is rather true, so I was determined to do it right the second time around.   At the time I was about a 25 handicap.  Hence lessons, fitted equipment and diligent practice. I was inspired again when I went to Tour Experience Golf (TXG) 5+ years ago and came out not only with expertly fitted and built clubs, but many new friends.  Ian and his staff are really world class.  I now go at least twice a year to tweak my setup. My current handicap is 6.3, but have been as low as 4 or high as 8.5.  Most of my rounds are in the 78-82 range.

I've watched many of the TXG videos for reviews, education, fitting, etc.  I've been contemplating something like a club fitting and some lessons to improve my game, as like yourself, I stopped playing golf for 15-20 years and took it up again now in my early 60's.  I have found my skills and ability aren't as sharp as when I was in my mid 30's and carried a 7-8 handicap.

Would you highly recommend the TXG folks as a way to improve your golf game and experiences?

My weapons of choice:

1 hour ago, William0946 said:

I've watched many of the TXG videos for reviews, education, fitting, etc.  I've been contemplating something like a club fitting and some lessons to improve my game, as like yourself, I stopped playing golf for 15-20 years and took it up again now in my early 60's.  I have found my skills and ability aren't as sharp as when I was in my mid 30's and carried a 7-8 handicap.

Would you highly recommend the TXG folks as a way to improve your golf game and experiences?

Hi William and welcome to the forum.  I would highly and strongly recommend TXG (now Club Champion Canada).  I have been going to them for years and had my wife and friends fitted there as well.  They have two locations, in the Toronto area (Leslie/York Mills) and Mississauga (403/Winston Churchill).  They also have an outdoor fitting location at the Pulpit.  If it helps, here's the link on how to get the most out of your fitting if you opt to go that route.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

Thanks for the info and advice Chris.  If I consider fitting and lessons, Club Champion will certainly be at the top of my list.
Wishing you an enjoyable and successful golf season in 2024.  Let's hope for great spring weather in April and early May.

My weapons of choice: