International

GolfSpy MPR

23 minutes ago, MarieLaure said:

Hello all from Paris, France,

I am Marie-Laure, pleased to be a new member of this forum. 🙂

1. I only started golf a year ago (March 2018), but I immediately fell in love with the game. 🙂
    I don't have a handicap yet (this is my 2019 objective) but I usually score between 100-110 on the courses I play often. 

2. What do you love about golf? The long walks between two shots, preferably after hitting a nice one, that let me time to think about the next one. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have been reading you for several months now, with much pleasure. I thought it could be fun to participate on some topics also.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Switzerland but now living in Paris. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Many courses but even more golfers, especially during the weekend. I feel a little pressured when better players are behind but don't seem to want to play through me... 

6. What do you do for a living? I work for a consulting firm (Strategy and Finance)

7. How’d you pick your user name? I am pretty sure my user name is my actual first name... 🙂

Greetings from Ohio, USA! Glad to have another international forum member here. Also don't feel bad about the high scores there are plenty of us high handicappers here. This is a great site to learn more about the game. 

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Welcome from Hamburg, Germany!

If you ever drop by the neighborhood, let me know and we can arrange a game!

• Like 1

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

On 3/18/2019 at 12:33 PM, MarieLaure said:

Hello all from Paris, France,

I am Marie-Laure, pleased to be a new member of this forum. 🙂

1. I only started golf a year ago (March 2018), but I immediately fell in love with the game. 🙂
    I don't have a handicap yet (this is my 2019 objective) but I usually score between 100-110 on the courses I play often. 

2. What do you love about golf? The long walks between two shots, preferably after hitting a nice one, that let me time to think about the next one.  I enjoy the company of my playing partners, or the solitude of a solo round.  Mostly being outside on the beautiful (most of the time) golf course.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have been reading you for several months now, with much pleasure. I thought it could be fun to participate on some topics also.  I was introduced to the site and the forums by a former work colleague.  I've been hooked ever since!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Switzerland but now living in Paris.  I am originally from Michigan (USA) but now reside in South Carolina.  I don't really have a home course where I am a member, but probably the closest I have to this is the Furman Univ course in Greenville, SC.  A few professional players went to college there (LPGA stars Beth Daniel, Betsy King & Dottie Pepper and PGA Tour player Brad Faxon).

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Many courses but even more golfers, especially during the weekend. I feel a little pressured when better players are behind but don't seem to want to play through me... Same here; too many players for too few golf holes.  The weather this year so far has been extremely wet.  Now it will begin to become extremely hot.  Oh well, we must persevere!

6. What do you do for a living? I work for a consulting firm (Strategy and Finance)  I am an engineer for a manufacturing company in the fire protection business.

7. How’d you pick your user name? I am pretty sure my user name is my actual first name... 🙂  My username is based on my alma mater, The University of Michigan!  Their rallying cry is "Go Blue!"

Welcome, Marie!  We seem so cosmopolitan now that we have a member from Paris!! I answered your intro questions above.  Have fun here, enjoy the camaraderie and be active! 👍😀

• Like 1

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Hello all My name is Nigel from South Wales in the UK. I have been playing golf for 40 years and play to a 10 handicap at the moment just getting back into the game after a mcl injury sidelined me last year. I love the game as it gets me out the house and challenges me to the point of despair! I joined Golfspy to keep me aware of all thats going on in golf and chat with other golfers i would also like to become a tester as i made keen for new tech and kit. I`m not a  member of a course just pay and play in my local area , in myarea there seem to be lots of clubs that charge a fortune to play yet facilities are minimal ie practice areas pro shop`s also seem to be few and far between and golf superstores are taking over shame. I work as a warehouse operative for ASDA distribution. My username was easy my childhood hero SEVE.

• Like 3

Welcome new spies, glad to have you aboard, look forward to hearing more about you and your golf journey.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Hey, not new in the forum but I never post. I love mygolfspy philosophie about bios and investigation in Golf.  I am from the sud hemispher of the world.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I start playing in 2012-2013 and my handicap today is 18. Going to be lower if i played better.

What do you love about golf?

I'm passionated abot golf and want be good at it.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I read a lot about golf in my free time and search for new equipment to have a idea when come the need to buy new. I play the same clubs that start my journey in golf.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I come from Uruguay and my home course is CGU. Did anyone kwon this place?

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best is the cpuntry is so small that if you want to play golf you dont need to drive more than 2 hours to play and have a golf course in the middle of the capital from Uruguay. The worst is we need a change view in golf dont have very good players and a performance center. And the cost of clubs is higer than ever. Is the retail price from us multiplied by 1.5

What do you do for a living?

Study in a University and work to have money to travel and made a true fitting and buy need clubs.

How’d you pick your user name?

Like always think about my game nickname.

• Like 2

THE BIGGEST MULLIGAN is near the corner. Just wi need to take it when needed.

Hey, not new in the forum but I never post. I love mygolfspy philosophie about bios and investigation in Golf.  I am from the sud hemispher of the world.
How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
I start playing in 2012-2013 and my handicap today is 18. Going to be lower if i played better.
What do you love about golf?
I'm passionated abot golf and want be good at it.
What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
I read a lot about golf in my free time and search for new equipment to have a idea when come the need to buy new. I play the same clubs that start my journey in golf.
Where are you from? What is your home course?
I come from Uruguay and my home course is CGU. Did anyone kwon this place?
What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
The best is the cpuntry is so small that if you want to play golf you dont need to drive more than 2 hours to play and have a golf course in the middle of the capital from Uruguay. The worst is we need a change view in golf dont have very good players and a performance center. And the cost of clubs is higer than ever. Is the retail price from us multiplied by 1.5
What do you do for a living?
Study in a University and work to have money to travel and made a true fitting and buy need clubs.
How’d you pick your user name?
Like always think about my game nickname.

Welcome from up north in the USA, glad to have you here!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

Hello all, I am a middle aged "born again golfer"  living in the north of Scotland. we have some great well known courses  playable with in a days drive.  happy to play on any course , and am into the tech side of golf and always keen to try the latest club or gadget. I have now just found the time to join the forum, my best buy this year has been the cobra f9  driver , i am also a fan of aldila X torsion shafts and have   gold buddy converted to these , i have an opinion on everything golf , but do keep an open mind and realise being  a life 60%er I have a fortunate place that allows me to have club making tools and some disposable to tinker with shafts etc, this is to help local golfers be better not so say this is the best option , as the goals do move. Its as good a feeling being able to give something back to the sport that's given me so much x2.

Currently playing Vice golf balls , but will try any make , still to find anything that even comes close let alone matches the balata  I played 1st time round.  

• Like 1

Ping G410 SFT

Mizuno 3 & 5 W

Mizuno MP20 SMB nippon 95 steel R 

Ping & mizuno wedges 

Cobra 3D Printer  Putter  on trial 

11 minutes ago, Farr North said:

Hello all, I am a middle aged "born again golfer"  living in the north of Scotland. we have some great well known courses  playable with in a days drive.  happy to play on any course , and am into the tech side of golf and always keen to try the latest club or gadget. I have now just found the time to join the forum, my best buy this year has been the cobra f9  driver , i am also a fan of aldila X torsion shafts and have   gold buddy converted to these , i have an opinion on everything golf , but do keep an open mind and realise being  a life 60%er I have a fortunate place that allows me to have club making tools and some disposable to tinker with shafts etc, this is to help local golfers be better not so say this is the best option , as the goals do move. Its as good a feeling being able to give something back to the sport that's given me so much x2.

Currently playing Vice golf balls , but will try any make , still to find anything that even comes close let alone matches the balata  I played 1st time round.  

welcome fellow countryman, hope you stick around, this is THE best golf forum by far.

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Hello all from the little amazing place called New Zeland

I am returning golfer, played when I was younger then stopped due to work, being back playing now for 5 years getting down to 8 at my best, sitting now on 12. Loving my G400 max Ping driver with the TOur Ad di shaft 6 is my best and consistant club. 

Being follow MyGolfSpy now for some years, being a member for a while but not posted, just reading lots reviews and comments. Great stuff.

Edited by NZ Sam
Spelling
  • Like 2

:ping-small:G400 Max with Tour Ad Di 6 shaft, standard length

:taylormade-small: Irons with KBC 120 g stiff shafts

:cleveland-small: wedges, RTX 2.0 50/54/60. 

:ping-small: Mullet putter 

:titelist-small: Balls

Hello all from the little amazing place called New Zeland
I am returning golfer, played when I was younger then stopped due to work, being back playing now for 5 years getting down to 8 at my best, sitting now on 12. Loving my G400 max Ping driver with the TOur Ad di shaft 6 is my best and consistant club. 
Being follow MYSpy Golf now for some years, being a member for a while but not posted, just reading lots reviews and comments. Great stuff.

Welcome from the northern hemisphere, hopefully your upcoming winter wouldn't be as nasty as ours was in the US.

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

Hi all, always enjoy reading the postings. Greetings from Zimbabwe where the sun shines for 330 days of the year, which turns any sane person into a golf indulging nut case. My greatest enjoyment is walking on to the golf course and teeing off on the first hole. I am a fair 12 handicap player looking always to improve.

• Like 1

Greetings from way up north in the the USA

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

Hi guys 

I'm back and after absence thought maybe I should re- introduce my self.

I have been absent for a bit and I think I owe you spies an explanation. And especially to the ones that know me and the ones I respect immensely here and enjoy their banter.

I work with CertainTeed in an insulation manufacturing plant. Our plant was very top heavy in the management area and with numerous restructuring ( ie layoffs). We went from 8 managers down to 3. Thus us three have had to assume the duties of the other 5. Thus the days were long and work ended up coming home with me as well.  And with the brutal temps up here in the last few months ( with wind chill, temps hit -30 to - 45 C), golf was not on my mind. And my exercising even stopped☹️☹️.

Things have settled down now.

And I want to meet some people and I have a commitment to get the northwest get together going and a commitment to those members.

Now myself. I have been here for about .... I can't really recollect. I think about a year and a half. I joined because I wanted to gain some knowledge and also be part of a group of people that were also nuts about golf as I was. And as I got more involved here, it became addictive. And the quality of this site in terms of content and personnel as I found out with time are second to none.

I hail from Medicine Hat, Alberta. A small community in the southeast part of the province. Pop. About 65k. 

I started golfing in 1998 and handicap hovers around 19.

Last year I had the privilege of being selected as a tester for the ping i500's that I need to continue on this year. I have the Shot scope now and am ready to start collecting data.

I just worry that I might not have time this summer. All the North American insulation plants are implementing SAP in July.  I have also had to assume some of those duties in the sense of getting all the maintenance and  MRO systems ready so they can be transferred over.

My golfspy name is Har in the Hat..thus becomes evident

Medicine Hat is referred to simply as " The Hat".

• Like 5

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

4 minutes ago, Har in the Hat said:

Hi guys 

I have been absent for a bit and I think I owe you spies an explanation. And especially to the ones that know me and the ones I respect immensely here and enjoy their banter.

I work with CertainTeed in an insulation manufacturing plant. Our plant was very top heavy in the management area and with numerous restructuring ( ie layoffs). We went from 8 managers down to 3. Thus us three have had to assume the duties of the other 5. Thus the days were long and work ended up coming home with me as well.  And with the brutal temps up here in the last few months ( with wind chill, temps hit -30 to - 45 C), golf was not on my mind. And my exercising even stopped☹️☹️.

And I want to meet some people and I have a commitment to get the northwest get together going and a commitment to those members.

Now myself. I have been here for about .... I can't really recollect. I think about a year and a half. I joined because I wanted to gain some knowledge and also be part of a group of people that were also nuts about golf as I was. And as I got more involved here, it became addictive. And the quality of this site in terms of content and personnel as I found out with time are second to none.

I hail from Medicine Hat, Alberta. A small community in the southeast part of the province. Pop. About 65k. 

Last year I had the privilege of being selected as a tester for the ping i500's that I need to continue on this year. I have the Shot scope now and am ready to start collecting data.

I just worry that I might not have time this summer. All the North American insulation plants are implementing SAP in July.  I have also had to assume some of those duties in the sense of getting all the maintenance and  MRO systems ready so they can be transferred over.

Oh No! Not you again!! 

Just kidding mate, it's good to see you back. 

• Like 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

8 hours ago, Har in the Hat said:

Now myself. I have been here for about .... I can't really recollect. I think about a year and a half.

You've been here THREE years now Har- doesn't time fly when you're having fun😃

Good to have you back.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Har in the Hat said:

Hi guys 

Welcome back! FYI I don't envy you in the SAP implementation. 

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

On 2/11/2019 at 10:39 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: International Region

All the other nations of the world, which is almost all the people

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing a couple of year do not have handicap usually shot 90 to 94

2. What do you love about golf? The constant struggle to get better but then the reward of those sweet shots

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? No

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from the UK Middlesbrough

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? None I can think of

6. What do you do for a living? I work for the government

7. How’d you pick your user name? No reason to it

• Like 2

Hi all, as a new member from Tasmania Australia this looks like a good place for me to start.

1. I have been playing golf this time for approx. 8 months and am currently playing off 25 (24.1, look out 24!). I have come back to golf after a 24 year lay off. Really unsure why I stopped playing now, I think family issues, work and life just got too busy. Anyway back then I played in the handicap range of 11 to 14 and at a youngish 54 I have my sights set on trying to get back down below 18 at least.

2. What do I love about golf, so many things, it is just such a challenge. The feeling when you hit a shot exactly as you pictured it (no where as often as I would like ) is just unmatched to my mind.Of course some days I absolutely loathe golf but now that I have started playing again I won't be stopping again.

3. I am joining up with MyGolfSpy as I have been extremely impressed with the content and reviews that they produce. Unbiased advice is extremely hard to find and should be valued highly. I don't know any other members at this point but hopefully I will make a few new friends.

4. As I said at the beginning I am from Tasmania, I live at Somerset on the north west coast and at Queenstown on the west coast (home and work). My home course is Seabrook Golf Club at Wynyard. It is presently a quite challenging 16 hole lay out, we replay 10 & 9 as 17 & 18. I am also a member of the 9 hole Queenstown Golf Club which unfortunately, whilst a nice little layout, is not in very good condition due to a severe lack of members.

5. I think that the best thing about golf in my area is the great variety of good courses, the very welcoming members and the fact that we have a good enough climate to play year round. There is also enough variability in our weather and seasons to change the way courses play so it is not the same day in day out. Possibly the worst thing I think is that most clubs are struggling for members so in some cases this can really badly affect the courses.

6. I am an electrician at a copper mine. I work shift work on a 7 on 7 off roster which gives me lots of time with family and a good amount of time for golf.

7. I use my own name as my user name. Don't think I need to make one up, I'd probably forget what it was anyway!

Hope this is okay and I am looking forward to meeting many fellow golfers. Cheers. 

• Like 1

Welcome Mick, you'll love it in here based on your intro.