Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

International

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

19 minutes ago, Amrish777 said:

Hi all, new here. Long time reader though - from South Africa. Always great content and some of the threads are absolutely spectacular! 

@Amrish777 I'm new here as well.  There is so much content to sift through.  I've been having a ball spending my vacation time reading, learning and meeting some nice people who share the passion for golf.  Welcome to the forum!

• 99422724_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.e67bdb8f7e6eea7baa71ca677594bbde.jpgEpic Max LS 11.5° (10.5°+1) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6 stiff
  • 99422724_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.e67bdb8f7e6eea7baa71ca677594bbde.jpgEpic Flash 3 Wood 17° (15°+2) w/ Project X Even Flow Green 60 stiff
  • 943183396_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.391f8ed5e36869c949eb3a241d2a750d.jpgSuper Hybrid 21° (20°+1) w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 80 stiff
  • 518011180_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.f52e8c7ce28e9a854c65b04b28450163.jpgRogue Hybrid 5 (24°) w/ Aldila Synergy 60 HYB Graphite stiff
  •   Screenshot 2021-12-24 002411.jpg2021 P790 Irons 5-AW (1° flat, weakened lofts) w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95 cw regular
  • 467311891_Screenshot2021-12-24002654.jpg.3c87f11fa77f127a10ed922bdcbbcc69.jpgCBX2 Wedges 54°, 58° w/ True Temper DG 115 Wedge flex
  • 467311891_Screenshot2021-12-24002654.jpg.3c87f11fa77f127a10ed922bdcbbcc69.jpgOdyssey White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab, 33 in
  • 1360869533_Screenshot2021-12-24002835.jpg.38d6fb8915a5bd0b37b4bbec950f4c64.jpgPro V1
  • bushnell_launchpro_logos_medium.jpg.7df9dcd404a46928e3850d1e1335e4e3.jpgBushnell Launch Pro

On 11/5/2021 at 12:57 PM, MrCook said:

1. I just started playing this summer so please don't ask about my handicap. 😄 At 36 years of age I'm very late to the party, 

Welcome to MGS from the other side of the pond. I started at 65 so you're a youngster!. By the way I use to run a business in Hilden (just outside of Dusseldorf) for about 10 years. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 12/27/2021 at 10:42 PM, pakman92 said:

@Amrish777 I'm new here as well.  There is so much content to sift through.  I've been having a ball spending my vacation time reading, learning and meeting some nice people who share the passion for golf.  Welcome to the forum!

Thanks @pakman92Definitely agree ! I went through all 587 pages of the "What have you bought lately thread" which was eye opening. And i thought i had a lot of clubs.... 

Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Driver

Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Irons

Mizuno MP R12 Wedges

TM Daytona 1 Rossa

16 minutes ago, Amrish777 said:

Thanks @pakman92Definitely agree ! I went through all 587 pages of the "What have you bought lately thread" which was eye opening. And i thought i had a lot of clubs.... 

You were able to go through all 587 pages!?! That is maybe worthy of an award. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

You were able to go through all 587 pages!?! That is maybe worthy of an award. 

Hand on heart - yes. But to be honest ive been reading threads on here for years

Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Driver

Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Irons

Mizuno MP R12 Wedges

TM Daytona 1 Rossa

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 1:06 AM, Carambol said:

Hello everyone, this is Carambol. Golf for me is an opportunity to have a good time and relax from everyone. I've been playing for 3 years now but I still don't have enough success. In ordinary life, I am an interior designer and just an omnipresent person.

Hello and welcome 😉

• 2 months later...

Have returned to golf after a 10 year hiatus. Current handicap 14 and working hard on the short game to get to single figures. Scoring 80 something and hope to break 80 for the first time soon. 

I love everything about golf that doesnt appear on the scorecard...Etiquette, mateship, travel, equipment, character, work/reward, scenery, gratitude.

Here at MyGolfSpy to learn, observe, interact.

Live in Woodside, South Australia, member at Aston Hills GC. 

Best: We are fortunate to have so many accessible golf courses in SA.. Worst: Lack of practice facilities.

Swlf employed, currently developing 'Good Golf' corporate golf days for communities.

No alias in the username. 

Edited by Trent Blucher

Driver: Taylormade Burner

3 Wood: Nike SQ

Hybrids: Nike CPR

Irons: Wilson Fatshaft

Wedges: Cleveland

Putter: Nike

Hi, I'm Ken from the South Coast Uk (Dorset). Started playing again after almost 25 years. Introduced my eldest son to the game and we are both really loving it and a great way to spend time together

Loving the game.

Hi I’m Colin from Raumati South Wellington New Zealand, at the moment I’m only hitting balls in the nets while waiting for cataract surgery soon soon they say I’m on the list…

My practice is most days of the week and sometimes twice daily, Sim driver M6 3wood T200 irons and Ping putter. I’m not a one brand guy as I share the love/money lol, and if you’re not performing your out of my bag. I met Nickent 3dx irons 6ish years ago and it was love at first hit, was living in Hong Kong and bought 5irons for $80 HK. I’ve tried Taylormade Psi2 Cobra S2 and Srixon irons looking for something better than Nickent, I’m about to start comparing the T200 with Nickent 3dx and 7dx irons I bought on eBay and see if the T200s win? I’ve recently bought 2 sets of T200 irons one with steel shaft and one with the MMT graphite shaft, the steel sold 2weeks ago and the MMT are hanging on at the moment. Won’t make a decision until I’m back playing 18 holes, I do like the T200 MMT but need much more out of $1k’us irons or they will be gone if I can’t do better than I do with Nickent. Looking forward to posting and learning from you guys, I’m very easy going and you need to be to live in Australia for 33years plus 7 years in HK before retiring in NZ 2018…

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Hi I'm Rob From Victoria, Australia

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing on and off since i was teenager, been mostly off for the last 5ish year but back and loving it, handicap- never really had one and don't really keep score, probably too much, ha ha  

2. What do you love about golf?  Being out with mates and hitting rippers

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? found the site looking for reviews that aren't just press releases

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Victoria, Australia my home course would be Trafalgar

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? There is a great range of courses that are not far from each other.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a nurse/nursing lecturer

7. How’d you pick your user name? its from Skyrim

not good, just good at having fun

• 2 weeks later...

Getting back to immersing myself in all things golf after a long break.  Two young boys at home too so hoping to immerse myself in more golf when not playing.

Based in Ireland

Edited by Conmart

Titleist 975D

Taylor Made V Steel (Old school)

Mizuno mp33 2-pw

Vokey Gap - 60 

Ping Anser

*all stiff True Temper

Hi from France (more especially Lyon 🙂 ) !

I've been around since 2018, but got into the game more seriously since last year ! didn't do any competition yet so 54 is my handicap for now I guess 

A friend of mine just introduced us into golf and I enjoyed so much hitting bombs at the practice at first that I stepped into the golf game

I decided to join the community to exchange and get info about new tech in golf, and just enjoy discussing with people that love golf !

For my name, it came from the TV show Heroes 😅

Driver : :wilson-small: X31 

3 Woods : :wilson-small: X31

Hybrid : :wilson-small: X31

Irons : :callaway-small: Steelhead X16

Wedges : :titleist-small: SM7 58°

Putter : :taylormade-small: Spider X Hydroblast 34"

Hello all, new member to the forum but longtime fan of the site, based in the Netherlands, playing your round when conditions allow and currently at Hcp 15.3 with the goal of getting under 10 this season!

Callaway Epic Max LS Driver, TM Sim Max 3 wood, TM Sim Max 2 5 wood, 4 hybrid, Ping G410 5-U, TM Milled Grind 2 56*, TM ATV 60*, Odyssey O-works Black #2M CS putter. All fitted with Arccos sensors. Callaway bag and Kaddey Switch cart.

Hi All

Been looking at the website for a month or so now and loving all the content and reviews finding them all extremely helpful. 
Focusing back on my golf game after letting it slip for the last 6 years. Aiming to get back down to my old handicap of 3 currently at 11. Time to get to work.

Hi everyone, been getting back into golf as I took a bit of a hiatus due to work travel and then Covid.  Hoping to get back out on a weekly basis and get some consistency again.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• I've been playing golf off and on since I was about 9 or 10.  I had a junior membership at one of the local courses near the tail end of high school and golfed 4-5 times a week.  As I got older unfortunately other obligations got in the way and I was golfing maybe 1-3 times a year, to not at all the last 4 or 5 years.  I would say my typical score was in the 90s although definitely got into bogey golf range when golfing regularly.

2. What do you love about golf?

• I enjoy being in the outdoors and the challenge and variety.  Even playing the same course, the tees might move, the pin might move, the wind might change, it could be rainy, it could be bone dry.  There's always something new and unique to try and find an option for.  I also really enjoy that it's a game that is never won or solved, just try and be a little bit better each time and enjoy the process.  It's much a kin to art, in that the finished project is never really "done" as you can always keep adding/changing/tweaking it.  You also have those small victories that really keep you in the game, like a great drive or a holing out from off the green.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Was looking for info on new clubs/technology as I haven't been playing for years and my equipment is very old.  Debating on if I take the dive into some new (to me) clubs or just re-grip what I have (as the grips are all dead).  So looking for some info on equipment and recommendations and came across MyGolfSpy.  So far I did buy a used driver (Taylor Made M1) as I have hated my old driver from the day I bought it (cheap used), but otherwise am re-gripping my clubs and picking up a pack of Kirkland golf balls to get me through the summer and then revisit what further changes to make.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

• I'm from Hamilton Ontario Canada, the course I'm planning to play regularly are the pair of 18-hole Chedoke Courses (Martin and Bedoe), when I was younger I lived much nearer and had a membership at King's Forest which is definitely a bit more challenging and tighter a course.  Knollwood New Course has also been a frequent outing over the years but I would like to expand my horizons a bit.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• There's a lot of options and variety in an hour or so drive.  Niagara Falls has some interesting and unique courses.  The Hamilton Golf and Country Club (I have not played here but my brother got to in High School) has hosted the Canadian Open a few times, there's a big variety of upscale and lower tier courses.

• The downside is definitely a shorter golf season, we had snow just a week or so ago and it will shut down earlier in the fall.  There is no year round golf outdoors, although some simulator venues are starting to pop up.  Also when it does get hot, it can be dry and it definitely shows up for courses that get a cheap rate on water vs others.

6. What do you do for a living?

• I manage a service team for a robotics company.  We have autonomous vehicles moving items around factories, warehouses, sort centers, etc.  It's a pretty exciting job as things are still iterating quite quickly and there's been a notable upswing in adoption over the last few years which has helped expand what I get to take on.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

• Name I picked up from a "Hype guy" for our local AHL Team in the day.  Used to go watch and his name was Maniac Matt.  I have since coopted it for my own use and has been a screen name for many sites.

Be most excellent to each other.

New member here in the UK.

Been playing golf for many years, recently qualified EGTF professional coach. I co-own an indoor golf centre in Herefordshire and use the #Golfforeveryone as we have great data for serious golfers, the world's best courses and games for beginners to help encourage them into golf.

Some of the courses in my area think that they are better than they actually are and need to modernise and lose the snooty attitude. I now play at Leominster which is friendly, good quality and challenging even though it's not the longest.

I just love golf because you are always learning. No-one has ever 'completed' golf or perfected it, although Tiger came closest!

Quite new to MGS but thought it was time to get involved. I don't know any other spies! 

My user name was easy - it's my name!

Paul K

Been Clubmaker since 1961-I made my first Flop Wedge 63 degree  1963 everyone laughed when they saw the reaction on the greens- Made 4 more that year for friends they all gave up trying to learn how to swing it, Harder I yelled. Any how all these years and i have not seen any real improvement until this past 5-6 yrs Better forging & Metal - Going back to stronger lofts to fool Public-what about 10 yrd per club so they know they know their yardage per iron. Right this moment My Own Bag is a mix of Snake Eye Forged & Hybrids ( the best design for senior golfers ) Shafts are Light A flex for a smooth swing All my clubs have there Lofts & lie correct which I still do. If you play with forged have Lofts & Lie checked at least every 2 yrs. I still use my Orig Ping Zing Putter -My age 79 with Lots of physical swing problems Yet my short game 100 yrds in is less than 20 feet--85 yrds 15 feet and my average putts per round 29 this last five yrs////  3 holes in 1  //// A few tropheys...A fun career

If I can advise any golfer New or Old ...GET FITTED.... It makes the game so much pleasurable.... And you will save money on Buying clubs very year or 2 and you will loose a LOT less Balls $$$$ .... Play 1 Brand only which ever you choose .... Your putting will improve I guarntee that,  If you depend on short game buy a good 3 pc Ball and again play ONE BRAND only.... Let suckers play with a bagfull of snakes.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Recently I've just got back into golf (20 year absent) all in all 20 years approximately , a very rough 16 hcp with an avg of  100

What do you love about golf?
The fun an enjoyment

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
like-minded folks, no other spies known

Where are you from? What is your home course?
New Zealand, Auckland. Huntly

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
The cost of memberships nearby. The beauty about most courses are within an hours drive!

What do you do for a living?
Bus Driver

How’d you pick your user name?
I'm a Kiwi (a nicname for us New Zealanders) and well NZ = New Zealand

a bad day at golf, is better than the best day at work!

On 5/7/2022 at 8:41 AM, Kiwi_NZ said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Recently I've just got back into golf (20 year absent) all in all 20 years approximately , a very rough 16 hcp with an avg of  100

What do you love about golf?
The fun an enjoyment

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
like-minded folks, no other spies known

Where are you from? What is your home course?
New Zealand, Auckland. Huntly

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
The cost of memberships nearby. The beauty about most courses are within an hours drive!

What do you do for a living?
Bus Driver

How’d you pick your user name?
I'm a Kiwi (a nicname for us New Zealanders) and well NZ = New Zealand

Hi fellow Kiwi spy, welcome and I'm new here too. I had 10 year break and played my golf in Sydney, looking fwd to getting back to lots of golf. Good luck, cheers Colin

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

• 5 weeks later...

Funny, so many people who come back after a break. I had a nearly 20 years break. Reasons were the job and my kids. Now they are 17 and 19 years old and my wife and the boyz told me to start a hobby. I was an 18 handicap before my long pause and now i am working to score below 100. I lost of lot of length, but my short-game got much better. My old pga pro already retired and i still struggling to find a new one. Man, so much changed. Dropping the ball kneehigh. Range Finders, Sensors tracking your length and apps with gps tracking. I love it. I am a tech-nerd and number cruncher. Now that i am in my late 40s i bought my first mizuno irons. Now i can afford them. Looking forward to this forum and my game. 

Greetings from Bavaria Germany

• Cobra Radspeed Driver 12 degree, adusted down to 11 degree loft stiff shaft
  • Cobra Radspeed 3 Wood stiff shaft
  • TaylorMade GAPR Mid stiff shaft
  • Mizuno JPX Hote Metal 921 3-PW Steelshaft regular
  • Taylor Made Milled Grind 2 50,54,58 loft wedges
  • Evnroll ER1.2 blade Putter
  • Seed SD01 Balls and when i am playing bad Srixon AD-333. I won a pack of Wilson Staff Triad and played it the last four rounds. This could be my choice for the near future.

Hi There,

I am a South African golfer and Mechanical engineer who took a 10 year break from golf after university only playing 3 or 4 times a year. Started playing regularly again 2 years ago and really enjoy it. Have the privilege to live in the most beautiful part of the world right on the Crocodile river on the Kruger National Park and to play Leopard Creek CC from time to time. 

I am not too big on new Technology, I still carry a 2 iron and have used the same putter for 25 years.  This is my first time on a golf forum and hope to enjoy the conversations on the forum and learn from others. 

Maybe there is better irons out there than my trusty MP32's....

default_titelist-small.jpg.ce9f42d5694f285c498235c26f81ca24.jpg TS3 8.5°

default_taylormade-small.jpg.38fe6f95dda21245f3fac3407e54d0b3.jpg RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5°

default_srixon-small.jpg.a483cde88014a8db05be8135e23aff6e.jpg ZX Utility 3 iron

default_srixon-small.jpg.a483cde88014a8db05be8135e23aff6e.jpg ZX7 4 Iron - PW

default_cleveland-small.jpg.903af6280bdadd06ef9c8f0c4dfe4218.jpg 54° and 60° Wedges

default_scotty-cameron-1.gif.aa4eac2325a98c0e94d74d30721a263a.gif Newport 2 Gunmetal

default_titelist-small.jpg.ce9f42d5694f285c498235c26f81ca24.jpg Pro V1

Garmin Fenix 6 X Pro with Garmin Golf to track stats and use for on course range finding

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

I'm from the Great White North (Canada).  Been playing golf very casually for most of my life, until my clubs were stolen.  Spent a few years not playing at all after that, finally picked the game back up last year, and am now playing weekly and making a concerted effort to improve my scores.  I don't really have a home course, but there is more than 50 courses close to me that I like to play on whenever I can (which sadly, where I live means I can only golf from about May to early October).

Since getting back into the sport, I've checked out MyGolfSpy frequently for gear reviews and news, and I'm looking forward to getting more involved in this community.

Cheers!

Driver: :callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS 9*

Woods/Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Epic Max 3 wood, :ping-small: G425 7 wood, :ping-small: G425 4 hybrid

Irons:  :mizuno-small: 921 Hot Metal 5-Pw

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50, 54, CBX full face 60, :ping-small: ChipR

Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider EX

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, HarveyB said:

Another from France. Play at Grand Saint Emilion Golf Club, Nouvelle Aquitaine. Wine, duck and golf. Hard to beat. Hi to anyone who sees this.

Hi, I too like your combo WINE duck golf. Did that when I was living in Sydney and more WINE Duck Tennis in Hong Kong, golf too expensive in Hong Kong. Cheers Colin...

Hello, I am Christof from Belgium and I play golf at the local golf club called Witbos, which is 8 km away from my home. I am in my 2nd year of golf, I try to go 4 times to the club in one week. From the beginning of July 2022 I stopped playing golf, I had a right hip arthroscopy operation on 05.08.22, is month on crutches then 2 months revalidating, I will not be playing golf or make a golf swing immediately. Now I have some time for internet to look around, I find the mygolfspy very interesting all the test and reviews and chance to test equipment very interesting.

Sporty greetings
Christof

:taylormade-small:Redline Monte Carlo, Face Balanced, Grip:garsen: max

:cleveland-small: RTX5 58°/06°, RTX6° 54° low+8° and 48°/10°Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue Wedge Flex

:wilson_staff_small: D9: 5 en PW; KBS Max Ultralight steel

:taylormade-small: Stealth F.W.7 21° and F.W.3 15° ventus red 5 regular

:taylormade-small: TP5: :vice: Pro plus

Garmin: Vivoactive 4

:nike-small: Air max 90

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

I'm Tom from Melbourne, Australia.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've been playing golf on an off for the last 25 years. Dad was a golf nut who played a lot of comps and got me into it at a young age. I even got my first (and only) hole in one at age 7 on a par 3 with a cut down wooden driver! I don't have a handicap and I usually score between 100-110
  2. What do you love about golf?

I enjoy the skill and patience required to play a decent round. There is nothing more satisfying than a straight drive and the sound when you hole out.
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I stumbled across MyGolfSpy looking at some reviews and a few videos before discovering the forums.
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

Melbourne, Australia. Currently tossing up between the Drouin and Garfield Golf Courses.
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best thing about golf in my area has to be the wildlife on the course. Nothing beats watching a heap of kangaroos bounce across the fairway. The worst is probably the condition of the courses. With Australia being a hot/dry country, they can sometimes be a bit rough with narrow fairways at the cheaper courses.
  6. What do you do for a living?

I work in Local Government as a System Administrator
  7. How’d you pick your user name?

Got given it in high school and the 13 has just always been part of it for some reason

:wilson_staff_small:Wilson Staff M3 Driver, Fairway Wood and 4-PW Irons. :cleveland-small:Cleveland 58° 588 wedge, :rife-putters-1:Rife Barbados Islands Putter. :titleist-small:Titleist TruFeel balls, Titleist 14 Cart Bag and a Bag Boy Nitron Buggy