TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ford Mustang, Anyone?

NiftyNiblick

Today my son had to borrow the Grand Cherokee to tote something home.  That meant that I had to drive his nearly 500 horsepower Mustang to my podiatrist appointment this morning.

Now forget that I haven't driven a stick shift since,  I would guess,  the 1960s.  (I used to have a tri-power Pontiac GTO when I was a young kid.)   Well, it seems that the manual trannys are up to SIX speeds now. That must be great exercise for somebody with a desk job. 

Forget also that it started to snow on the way home and I'm used to driving a Jeep.  It turns out that the Mustang goes just as fast turning multiple 360s as it does going straight.  Thankfully, other people had the brains to stay home and I hit nothing but air on the usually crowded Route 495. A cruiser did see me but couldn't be bothered to come over and say Hi.  Just another old man trying to drive his kid's Mustang, the trooper must have thought. 

The REAL problem was that I nearly put myself into the hospital just trying to climb in and out of that ridiculous little car.  Would it have killed Ford to include assist handles as on a normal vehicle?.

My son is 45, mind you.  I would have had trouble getting in and out of that car by the time I was his age.  I was driving Lincolns then.  What the hell's the matter with these people?

43 minutes ago, NiftyNiblick said:

Today my son had to borrow the Grand Cherokee to tote something home.  That meant that I had to drive his nearly 500 horsepower Mustang to my podiatrist appointment this morning.

Now forget that I haven't driven a stick shift since,  I would guess,  the 1960s.  (I used to have a tri-power Pontiac GTO when I was a young kid.)   Well, it seems that the manual trannys are up to SIX speeds now. That must be great exercise for somebody with a desk job. 

Forget also that it started to snow on the way home and I'm used to driving a Jeep.  It turns out that the Mustang goes just as fast turning multiple 360s as it does going straight.  Thankfully, other people had the brains to stay home and I hit nothing but air on the usually crowded Route 495. A cruiser did see me but couldn't be bothered to come over and say Hi.  Just another old man trying to drive his kid's Mustang, the trooper must have thought. 

The REAL problem was that I nearly put myself into the hospital just trying to climb in and out of that ridiculous little car.  Would it have killed Ford to include assist handles as on a normal vehicle?.

My son is 45, mind you.  I would have had trouble getting in and out of that car by the time I was his age.  I was driving Lincolns then.  What the hell's the matter with these people?

You are not the target demographic... end of story.  Get your jeep back.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Had three of them in my life. My first was an 88 LX 5.0 that was converted to a back half drag car. My second was a 2000 GT that had more work done to it than I can remember, but it was close to 700hp at the rear wheels. My third one was a 2004 GT convertible that had mild work done to it and was a bit over 500 hp at the rear wheels. Now I have a nice lumbering comfortable Hellcat that I drive every once in a while.

Now the new GT500 has my attention after unsuccessfully trying to buy two older GT 500 Super Snakes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Interesting take on a small car.  

I'm 60.  Most of the time I drive a Ford F150.  But in the Florida winters, I drive a Mini Cooper, 6 speed manual.  I think my golf cart is bigger than the car.  I don't have any problems getting in and out of the car.  

Interesting take on a small car.  

I'm 60.  Most of the time I drive a Ford F150.  But in the Florida winters, I drive a Mini Cooper, 6 speed manual.  I think my golf cart is bigger than the car.  I don't have any problems getting in and out of the car.  

I drive a 911 - no problem getting in and out either (and I'm 72). 6 speed manual, all wheel drive and its a joy to drive . However it is a garage queen - it's never seen snow or ice - maybe on a rare occasion rain. It goes into hibernation in December and comes out in late April.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I drive a 911 - no problem getting in and out either (and I'm 72). 6 speed manual, all wheel drive and its a joy to drive . However it is a garage queen - it's never seen snow or ice - maybe on a rare occasion rain. It goes into hibernation in December and comes out in late April.

I'll be up later this year for a ride...it's been about 20 years since I've driven been in a Porsche.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'll be up later this year for a ride...it's been about 20 years since I've driven been in a Porsche.

Feel free to sit in the right seat but don't bring clubs - that where my clubs go - but only if I recline the seat completely

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

, my balls are already broken enough!

That's our job

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I had a Z06 Vette, it was difficult to get in and out of too, also too much power- all the newer hot rods are quite over powered...

but fun in the right atmosphere

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Interesting.  I just saw this on the internet today.  You need him to get one of these F-150 Mustangs in 4wd.  No problem on 495 then! 

F-150Mustang.jpg

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

2 hours ago, Charli said:

I surprisingly like that 150. Kind of has a cool look to it. And I don’t usually like things messing up a nice pick up

It's actually just a hard tonneau cover.  The company was looking for something that would be like a flat tonneau, but give a little more storage.  It apparently wasn't originally a copy of the mustang fastback, but as it developed they moved in that direction.  You can buy one for around 4 grand, I think.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Archived