dhartmann34

Which Tour job would you like?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tour job would you like?

• Professional Player
    • Professional Caddie
    • Commentators/Interviewers
    • Camera Person
    • Other.... Please tell us which position!
    • I wouldn't want to work on Tour

Which position on tour would you want have? 

Some would say professional player because they like to play, but there's an incredible amount of practice, appearances, sponsor commitments, travel, time away from home, and more practice that goes into it and I think there's plenty of people that have probably shied away from the game, even with top talent, because of that schedule. And you're betting on yourself. If you don't play well enough, your week just cost you a LOT of cash....

A professional caddie? Nice to get exercise, watch incredible players, have great opportunities to travel and meet people all over the world. You can earn a nice paycheck, even on the bag of a pro not in the top 50, but there's also the question of how long you'll be on the bag and if you'll gather any winnings, especially if your pro is struggling. 

Then there are the commentators/interviewers, in the booth and on course. Fun gig right? Watching great golf and getting to interact with high level talent. Of course your work is judged by everyone, but still not too shabby. And your travel schedule is not too bad. 

Camera Guy? Maybe you want to go around the course and take pictures or follow top players with the camera. You get to see great stuff inside the ropes and have an eye on things going around. Lots of travel and very little recognition, but still fun I would think. Being on the road might be a bit rough. 

Other  What other job might you want on tour? What am I forgetting? 

So take the poll and tell us what you would want to do that would actually fit with your lifestyle and personality.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Voted Other, PGA Tour Commissioner. I want all the power and responsibility (and the 5 million a year doesn't hurt either).

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Ok, sorry for the double post, but let me expound on my thoughts of being tour commissioner.

1) The pay is great, duh. Guaranteed salary, and benefits? Count me in.

2) The commitments. So, going to almost every tour stop would be fun and having an office in Florida would be nice, but it's the other stuff that excites me. Having to meet with sponsors and local leaders would be interesting. But the biggest thing for me would be spearheading the charity appearances as part of the tour's commitment to giving back. Being able to affect change in that way is super inspiring to me and to do it with such a large amount of money is incredible to think about.

3) The opportunity to effect change. I've said it before, but I think a push to one global tour will happen one day, and this would be an opportunity to get it done. Also, extending relationships with the Web, LPGA, Champions, and even junior golf would be an appeal.

4) The relative anonymity of it all. Not to the hardocre golf fan, but a casual sports fan won't know who you are. It allows you to operate without intense pressure from the outer world of general sports fans and just focus and making the game great for golf fans. Also, the people who take the most negative hits in golf are the chairman of Augusta National and the head of the USGA, and I'd make way more money and have better favorability.

5) Control over the schedule. Maybe the time has come to move some stuff around from the events of old. Sure, legacy events will still be a legacy courses, but some of these lower tier events could take a shake-up, either in format (like Zurich) or course. We have to evolve and being a part of that challenge would be fun.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I spent 10 years on NFL sidelines as a cameraman. It was cool but I don’t think I’d want to do it for 10 months with much of that out in the heat of summer.

Let me run some sort of hospitality tent. I’ll schmooze with the big wigs and eat good food all weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

My vote was for other.  I would love to have understood the coming rise in streaming content much earlier.  Maybe I could get paid to travel the world and play golf anywhere at anytime with virtually anyone like Erik Anders Lang, Tron Carter, or Chris Soloman.  

Since "Professional Player" is an option, I'm assuming we're allowed to pick jobs that we're not currently qualified for, but that we wish we were and could do.

So we that proviso, I'd want to be a Tour coach. The technical aspects of the game fascinate me, and I love teaching. Being able to work with a player who is capable of doing just about anything, but who needs guidance: that would be so intriguing.

If I had a second-place choice, I'd pick "consistent journeyman Tour pro." Play golf for a living, but go to a restaurant without being recognized by just about anyone.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I wouldn't want to work on tour, but I'd love to work in the local scene. I've heard the local club reps make a real nice amount of money. Not really sure what they actually do other than keep stock in the very few amount of retail stores we have, and demo days, but if that's it? Wow, sign me up.

Aside from the salary compensation, it'd be cool to just make connections with people. I like being able to leverage connections to get stuff that I want.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I chose "Other" as I would like to be a coach.

I have spent the majority of my life coaching something and I love that aspect of the game.  I like being the person that helps players of immense talent and skill reach their highest levels of performance and execution.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

I chose Pro Player. I'm certainly not going to be schlepping someones bag. And since the survey didn't specify... I'm a top 10 player week after week after week. Cha ching!!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I’ll run the Shanky-Zone. A place for players to come unwind and let their frustrations out. Good food, water, and a punching bag.

If I could I’d be a pro. I’m already dedicating a lot of time to my job. Wouldn’t be much different, except better because my job would be to play the best sport ever known.

Perhaps before I say anything else I recognize that this thread is supposed to be fun and pick something related to the PGA Tour to work as. With that said, and saying this as someone who is getting up there in years, pretty much any job on Tour or travelling with it week in and week out requires a heavy commitment away from your family and wherever you live. Working in some capacity that involves being at every tournament would mean that you would be married to your job. Also keep in mind that while Tour players can pick and choose their schedule and can take time off whenever they feel like it, there are literally hundreds of behind the scenes people that are at every tournament and get very little time off. So unless you don’t care about a family and would absolutely love the Tour lifestyle of living out of a suitcase 40+ weeks a year, there are a lot more appealing career options out there.

Now with that out of the way, if I could pick one job, it would be as Gary McCords replacement. First off, the guy is annoying as hell and never shuts up. I’m not even assuming I could, but for a fact KNOW I could do a better job then McCord does, and it’s not even close. How he keeps his job is a mystery to me.

And before you dismiss my job, I actually have a bachelors degree in Broadcasting and at one time was training for this exact career. But like I mentioned above, I prioritized family and having a life over being a slave of a company like CBS or NBC who will treat you like a piece of meat and will chew you up and spit you out unless you somehow manage to make a name for yourself and are the next David Feherty which is truly like winning the lottery and all about who you know and being in the right place at the right time.

Sorry to put a buzzkilll on this fantasy job thread, but having done my homework years ago on the industry I took a hard pass back in the 90s when I could have chosen to roll the dice on that lifestyle.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I’d start my own golf broadcast network that hosts major tournaments and offers absolutely zero commentary.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Whoever gets to play the most golf for free!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'd want to work for the tour, preferably LPGA, as a rules official.  Show up to events early,  make sure the course is setup correctly,  get to travel to some great destinations.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'd love to be working for golf digest or golf magazine and get paid to play and grade the best courses.  Literally your job would be to play 100 of the best courses across the country for free.  If the travel got to be too much, I'd take that down to only grading the best of the surrounding states.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I’d like to be a pro. For women like Paulina and that’s really it 

I'll bet she's high maintenance

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3