TESTERS WANTED! ×

Launch Monitors

KB13

3 hours ago, Alf. S said:

Mainly on the range, I'm looking to try and get more consistency in my swing and increase my swing speed. And for my wedges specifically hone my carry distance.

A launch monitor isn’t going to help you with increasing swing speed. 

For wedges an sc100 or sc200 will do what you need and can be had for cheap. Again though taking what you see from distances, flight and such on the range is going to be different than what you see on the course because spin, launch and type of ball is going to be different 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Mainly on the range, I'm looking to try and get more consistency in my swing and increase my swing speed. And for my wedges specifically hone my carry distance.

My primary use of the SC 200 is as a trend indicator for swing speed and smash factor vs distance. It's the only way I can quantify whether my SS is improving. As to distance, since I use it primary on the range with range balls, it's less important to me.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 5:44 PM, cnosil said:

There were some questions on the SC300.  While I was doing most wanted testing Sam happened to be looking at the SC300.  Set it up while I was hitting 7 irons so we did some quick comparisons to the GC Quad.   hit about a dozen shots and results were generally 5-10 yards short of what the GC Quad was showing and height was off as well.   I am sure more testing would be needed,  but what I quickly saw wasn't that inspiring.  

When you were comparing it to the quad, were you hitting it short distances?  Into a net or screen a short distance?  I'd love to find someone in the Phx area with a GC quad for rent, but so far I can't find anyone that even has one.  

Driver - Taylormade M5 10.5 (set to 9.75 deg and 1.5 open)  Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7x

3 wood - TM M3 17 deg (set to 15.5 deg and 3 deg open) GD DI 7x

3 Hybrid - TM rocketballz Accra Dymatch S165, 68g, M5 flex (XS)

Irons  (4-5) - Srixon 585s Nippon Modus Pro 120x

Irons (6-W) - Srixon 785s Nippon Modus Pro 120x

Wedges (51, 56, 60) - Cleveland RTX4 Nippon Modus 125 Wedge Flex

Putter - EvnRoll ER5

When you were comparing it to the quad, were you hitting it short distances?  Into a net or screen a short distance?  I'd love to find someone in the Phx area with a GC quad for rent, but so far I can't find anyone that even has one.  

I was hitting 7 irons which depending on the club is about 170. The screen at the MGS testing facility is about 12-15 feet in front of where we hit.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 3/7/2019 at 7:14 PM, tony@CIC said:

The 200 works for me, however, keep in mind that I use it more as a 'trend indicator' rather than a more expensive LM that would be used in a fitting.

My primary use is around swing speed, ball speed and smash factor. What I'm looking for in my practice sessions is the level of improvement. Using SS as an example if I start out at 76 and end up at 84 that's important for me to know as it shows progress. Is the 76 really 79 or 80 yeah that would be nice to know but less important for me. Keep in mind I'm looking for progress during a range session only.

I don't pay attention to carry or total distance on the 200 only because the balls at the driving range are pretty dead and nothing like the ones I game. However, one of the forum members suggested using it on the course (when no one is behind you) and I plan to do that. We have a couple of short par 3's and it'll be an interesting comparison to see 'total distance' on the 200 vs. actual distance. Unfortunately this exercise will have to wait until Ohio thaws out.

Would I like one with all the bells and whistles of course - but I do have to work within a budget and as I said before the 200 fits an immediate need.

Have you tried any on course testing yet? 

Driver - Taylormade M5 10.5 (set to 9.75 deg and 1.5 open)  Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7x

Putter - EvnRoll ER5

Just now, ejcrossl said:

Have you tried any on course testing yet? 

Not yet. I'm waiting for a new battery tray for the remote. Somehow i lost mine. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I was hitting 7 irons which depending on the club is about 170. The screen at the MGS testing facility is about 12-15 feet in front of where we hit.

Thanks, based on their recommendations, that should be far enough away for a good measurement.  

Putter - EvnRoll ER5

There just isn’t anything very accurate, yet, on the market that is sub $500. MGS just did a quick video on the G80 comparing numbers to GC quad, and about the only number that was close was ball speed. On a 7 iron, the distance difference was 8 yards. That’s a LOT. If distance isn’t accurate, what good is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Has anyone tried the Rapsodo R-Motion simulator??? Saw an early comment mentioning it but only one person is semi-familiar with it. Is it accurate with ball data? Looks like a cheaper simulator if you cant buy a SkyTrak. If the data is accurate then could be a great alternative to and starter home simulator!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075VD2W9M/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B075VD2W9M&pd_rd_w=spg0R&pf_rd_p=8a8f3917-7900-4ce8-ad90-adf0d53c0985&pd_rd_wg=FNmDI&pf_rd_r=D9G2DCP26JD7SC6YVNMF&pd_rd_r=57c6a748-83a5-11e9-89d0-b7902472ba38

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

This is a great discussion I have been debating on pulling the trigger on a launch monitor as well its unfortunate to hear that the SC200 has that much of a distance discrepancy. I have seen some reviews that warn about really short wedges & very high swing speeds but I was hoping i could use this to dial in distances & understand speeds.

I did find a MGS article from a few years back on the SC200 https://mygolfspy.com/voice-caddie-sc200-review/

Seems like they through it was accurate enough, they warn about setting correct lofts in the SC200.

Edited by pozzit

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

I've ended up going for Mevo, mainly due to spin and launch angle plus video capability.

Hopefully 1st day out on Friday depending on weather.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

1 hour ago, Alf. S said:

I've ended up going for Mevo, mainly due to spin and launch angle plus video capability.

Hopefully 1st day out on Friday depending on weather.

Intrigued to know how you get on with it 🙂 

Driver::titelist-small: TS2 (GD AD Tour)

Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 3 Wood

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 (Dynamic Gold)

Irons: :titelist-small: T100 5 - 9i (KBS C-Taper 130g x-stiff)

Wedges::vokey-small: SM7 46, 50, 54, 58

Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas with StrokeLab shaft/ :bettinardi-1: 2021 SS28 Armlock

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5X

• 2 weeks later...

1st session with it yesterday and pretty impressed so far. One annoying thing is if you hit a shot left, it sometimes misses it due to your body being in the way.

1st thing I noticed on my dats is the smash factor drops 20% with my RTX 3.0 wedges compared to my Srixon Z565 AW. Shaft differences or head?

Spin seems pretty inaccurate as well but I wasn't using the silver stickers.

Once I get a bit more detail I will post a detailed review

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

I have had the Swing Caddie 200 a couple of months and have great accuracy with 3 wood on down the bag to around my PW.

But with my experience the sc200 can not keep up with higher spin rates, and told me I was sending the ball like crazy far and short with my lob wedge. With my GW, SW, and LW the distances just weren't as accurate as I had hoped. The driver is also inconsistent with a wider range of distance error, like around 10 to 15 yards for me above or below. Distances were checked with my rangefinder at the range.

It also has a hard time reading yardages when hitting into a net at home in my garage. I gave that thing plenty of room to work with and it wouldn't give me anything. So in my experience with this product, if you don't go to a range, good luck. You need to be a range rat to use the sc200. It works well but the wedges are pretty iffy in my opinion.

Again, this is my experience but it is a solid product for how cheap I got mine.

:cobra-small: F7 Driver

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ 3 and 5 wood

:cobra-small: F9 irons 5 thru GW

:cobra-small: King Black Wedges 52/56/60

I have had the Swing Caddie 200 a couple of months and have great accuracy with 3 wood on down the bag to around my PW.
But with my experience the sc200 can not keep up with higher spin rates, and told me I was sending the ball like crazy far and short with my lob wedge. With my GW, SW, and LW the distances just weren't as accurate as I had hoped. The driver is also inconsistent with a wider range of distance error, like around 10 to 15 yards for me above or below. Distances were checked with my rangefinder at the range.

It also has a hard time reading yardages when hitting into a net at home in my garage. I gave that thing plenty of room to work with and it wouldn't give me anything. So in my experience with this product, if you don't go to a range, good luck. You need to be a range rat to use the sc200. It works well but the wedges are pretty iffy in my opinion.
Again, this is my experience but it is a solid product for how cheap I got mine.

I'd agree the numbers are off on wedges. On the other hand it works well with the long clubs. As I've said in earlier posts, I use mine as more of a trend indication - particularly around SS. I had it out on the range today - my workout was on increasing driver SS.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 3 months later...

Good video review of the SC300 vs Trackman:

Driver:    Titliest TSi3 - Tensei white stiff
Wood:   PING  G425 LST 14.5* - Tensei orange stiff
Hybrid:   PING  G425 19* - Tensei orange stiff
Irons:    PING i525 - Project X I/O 5.5 - 4-W
Wedges:     Taylormade MG3 52* and HiToe 56* Project X I/O 6.0
Putter:  TM Spider X HYDROBLAST (33", 3* upright)

• 4 weeks later...