Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Shoe Recommendations for Walking

TR1PTIK

2 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

I definitely think I'd like a pair of these, but it's not in my budget right now. I have a feeling all of my golf shoes will be Adidas going forward. I've not found any other brand that performs as well for me.

I agree.  I used to wear Nike early 2000s but didn’t like the style they went in. Been Adidas since they made boost. 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

Diablo 5 Wood Nuetral Stock shaft

:taylormade-small: M3 3 Hybrid Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Weight set to fade

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-GW KBS C Taper Stiff 1/2 inch longer 

:callaway-small: Mac Daddy 4 54, 58

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

:srixon-small: Z-Star

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Focusing on your foot shape is more important than brands. I have a normal/high arch, I've always found Brooks to be comfy. My wife has flat feet, brooks are never comfy for her, she prefers new balance. If you’re looking for a recommendation for best walking shoes this list might help you out.

Edited by zuckerbrod

I love my Ecco's . . . they are super comfy and are waterproof so bonus! I, too, wear a very wide shoe, but I was able to size up and they fit perfectly for me. Worth a look.

Marty

Krank Golf f11xx driver

Cobra Golf Fairway Woods (3, 5)

Tommy Armour Atomic Max Irons (4 - 9)

Tommy Armour Wedges (A, S, G, P)

Odyssey Works Versa Marxman Fang Putter

Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi Hybrid (4 & 7)

Try Golfkicks.  You get 20 spikes, a tube of shoegoo and tools to put the spikes on any shoe.  I put them on running shoes and they are the most comfortable golf shoes ever.  In hindsight, I should have put them on cross trainers as they have more side to side support, but the running shoes are making me concentrate on keeping my weight on the insides of my feet, so it is helping my swing.  You can add these spikes to any shoe.  I've had mine for 5 rounds so far and no problems with the spikes falling off.  I highly recommend you trying them on one pair of comfy tennis shoes.  About $30.

ECCO BIOM...https://us.ecco.com/golf/

Sign up for their emails. They run promotions and I've bought their $200+ golf shoes for under $100 on sale directly from Ecco. Best and most comfortable. I also have their tennis shoes.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

I have favored the Footjoy athletic style for many years. Just bought the Sketcher's Go Golf Arch Fit 10.5 Wide. Have walked 2 rounds of 18 holes.  Most comfortable golf shoes I've ever worn.  Very light but good side support.  I wore them around the house without my custom orthotics and chose to pull the inserts and use my orthotics on the course. Still very soft feel.  I have a wide foot and high arches. Terrific shoe.

Mavrik Max driver, Ping g25 fairway 16.5, Ping hybrids 22*, 27*, 30* Ping I3 irons 6-pw, u, sw, Callaway Heavenwood

Good insoles make a world of difference. 

Driver: :tour-edge: c721 9.5 / HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Irons: :taylormade-small:P7MB 3-PW, Project X IO 5.5, 1.5 flat
Wedges: Hogan Equalizer II, 52 standard V sole, 58 Texas Grind
Hybrid: :callaway-small: FT 20 degrees
Fairway: :tour-edge: c721 5-wood / HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Putter: EVNROLL ER2 Black

It's going to vary based on your actual foot size/shape, but my go to shoes for walking are New Balance (minimus is my top choice but I have another that is also very comfortable). G/Fore MG4+ come in close second for me, and I bet their new cross trainers are great too, but they are pricey. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

I’m currently using the Adidas tour 360. It should really be a spineless shoe and after that build in what’s comfortable. If you have bad feet have try some over the counter or custom orthotics for arch support

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I would have suggested DSG's (Golf Galaxy) Walter Hagen... until I just received and immediately returned their latest version of what has been a great shoe at a fantastic price point 😐Prior to this year, they had leather uppers but, despite what their website description states, that is not the case ... even the label on the tongue states otherwise.  I contacted GG and advised them of this. 

They still have the "Ortholite" soles which I have found to be quite comfortable and kept any recurrence of my PF at bay. But, their color scheme, new lace eyelet design, combined with the who knows what material upper has me looking elsewhere.  

There was another thread earlier this year about golf shoe inventory shortages and I kind of think there is.  Anyone else been shopping recently and noted this (at least for popular sizes like 12M)?

image.png.9a93a9ccdb753fee685be35640aae651.png

image.png.e56684d12de0569f0a201c0be816c8d8.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 2/16/2019 at 12:24 PM, TR1PTIK said:

I'll try to keep this short and simple. Looking for recommendations on a new golf shoe. I currently own a pair of FJ Freestyles and a pair of cheap Pumas. Neither are comfortable for me to walk in. The Pumas don't have enough cushion to be comfortable for 18 holes and they aren't waterproof (water-resistant for you special people). The FJ's no longer keep water out and something about them causes pain in my big toe on my right foot. Anyway, I'm looking for something that will be comfortable for 18 or even 36 holes and does a good job keeping water out. Spiked or spikeless doesn't really matter. Just looking for a good comfortable shoe. The best shoe I had previously was the FJ GreenJoys from a couple years ago. Anything like that would be great!

I have seriously been eyeing the TRUE Original, but I'm worried about the wide toe box - their description says up to EEE for that section of the shoe. I'm worried that would allow too much movement for my foot. For reference, I'm perfectly suited to a US Men's 10.5 D...

Thanks!

New Balance golf shoes are good for walking

WITB:

MALTBY TS2 irons Mizuno 54* mpt11 wedge Inazone 58* wedge

MALTBY KE4 tour driver  Ray Cook putter M1X

Integra #3 fwy.  SMT #5 fwy.

Skechers, but not the golf shoe. Something like this: Skechers® Selmen Enago Men's Waterproof Hiking Shoes. Super comfortable and way cheaper than golf shoes. Look at Kohl's for the best deal right now.

Walked the course in various Skechers for the past 10 years. 

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

Realize that the golf swing puts a big demand on a shoe.  I bot a Squairz, Nick Faldo promotes them and he does almot no endorsements.  I have been injured so have not used them much but the concept of better firm wrap of the foot in the swing appeals.

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

On 2/17/2019 at 6:08 PM, Bosox04 said:

I would look at what the guys on Tour are wearing. Those guys make their living on their feet.

On 2/17/2019 at 7:26 PM, kingcscott said:

They also get free shoes and paid for wearing them. 1 pair a week or a day if they wish. I don’t think it is a good comparison

If you're ever looking at equipment look at the guys (and girls) who don't get paid to wear this stuff or play with the clubs they have. Guys like Brooks or Horschel who don't have club deals. Better to look at the LPGA and the senior tours as well as mini tours and qualifiers to see what people are wearing out there. Especially with anything for durability, nobody is a better shopper than a mini tour player

Driver: Titleist TS3

3 Wood: Taylormade M3

5 Wood: Titleist 917 F2

3 Iron: Callaway X Forged Utility Iron

4i-Pw: Honma TW747v

49/54/60 Wedges: Titleist SM7

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line

Ball: Bridgestone B X

Have a bad knee, multiple surgeries, so comfort and cushion is of utmost importance.  What do you all recommend?

I'm 35 and have no cartilage left and had cadaver cartilage inserted, but still deal with arthritis.

Thanks!

Just your typical average golfer...if there's a tree, I'll hit it!

Ecco Biom...fantastic shoes.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

Walk and even started carrying clubs at times.  Recently found ASICS golf shoes, marketed in US through Srizon.  Similar to the running shoes pull out base inner and put in an orthotic.  Keeps heel slightly higher that is much better for walking and running.  Like a running shoe for golf.  This year's model is more waterproof then last years, although still not as dry as my old FJ's, will be only so so in downpour.  Have also heard great things about Sketchers.         

Driver - 2023 Callaway Paradym 9.0, 3 Wood -2022 Rogue ST Max, 3 Hybrid Mavrik, 2017 X-forged 4-PW, Wedges Callaway 50-56-60, Putter Odyssey Toulon Chicago     

I am a golf shoe snob, I have 10 pairs all brands.

Nike least favorite Mudders 

Adidas 3 pairs all 3 are fantastic

FJ they are okay, a little heavy at times but I would rate as my 2nd favorite

Ecco love these shoes just dont wear them enough I would rate them2b

I Play in SW WA and in the PDX area

I like to walk, I have a Clicgear with all the accoutrements and I am considering getting a V2.

10 hours ago, HDTVMAN said:

Ecco Biom...fantastic shoes.

I did not like walking in mine at all always gave me problems no matter what I did.

I walk and carry when I play and I have worn FJ and Ecco. The FJ hyperflex is a nice light shoe to walk in.

I can't recommend True Linkswear enough. I've had 5-6 pair, I only walk, and I will only ever buy these shoes for golf. Your foot pain is most likely due to the shoes being too narrow. Look at how the toebox is shaped like a triangle. Most FJ, Nike, Puma, etc. shoes are built like that for fashion. It's ridiculous. 

I've had my current True OG shoes for two years. They are still waterproof and the tread is holding up nicely. Slightly more wear in the left foot (RH golfer), probably due to wearing them on a practice matt twice a week. I have another pair that I bought on sale in April from Global Golf waiting for my OG's to be retired. I'm certain they will last the rest of the year. I also have a knit pair that I wear to work. 

TZ

As with many previous comments, I've narrowed my shoes to New Balance (fresh Foam PaceSL - water resistant) and Sketchers Go Golf (waterproof). Both very comfortable as well.

Will never buy Nike's! You can almost predict the shoe lasting 6 months or less, and heel/sole starts separating.  Even the waterproof Nike's are not durable.   Love Ecco's but don't hold up under wet conditions such as playing in mornings with morning dew. Just got done walking 18 holes wearing Sketchers Go Golf pair and feet dry after round. Tomorrow I'll wear New Balance. 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

• 3 weeks later...