TR1PTIK

Shoe Recommendations for Walking

Our Sponsors

4 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

Played 9 split wearing my new shoe purchases. The Inesis shoes are amazingly comfortable and easy to walk in. Not sure how they would perform in the wet, but in dry conditions they were great. The Adidas 360 Tour 2.0 also lived up to the reviews. Really comfortable, and a crazy amount of traction. Planning for these to be my shoes for next winter (and the next few after) 

If I can take anything out of my recent purchases, it's that the MGS shoe buying guides are certainly worth looking at.

Totally agree on the Tour 360's.  I have a pair of the blacked out 2.0's and I love them for walking.  Great fit, very comfortable and good traction.  Looking forward to seeing how they work out this winter in cold potential damp conditions.  

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 10.5* Helium Shaft

Woods: :taylormade-small: R580 5W, 7W

Hybrids: Nicklaus Dual Point 4H

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 Speedback One Length 6i - PW

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 48*, 52*, 58*

Putter: :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact 3

Bag: :Ogio: Grom 14-way stand bag

Ball: GolfJet Jet 4

Rangefinder: NX7 Pro or ShotScope V2

Tried any Nike Golf shoes the Lunarlon soles. 

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM + TWITTER + YOUTUBE

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:scotty-small:  Tour Issue Circle T - Tour Rat I

To update my above post... the Adidas showed up, and fit terrible. Long and narrow, with very little heel support.
I've just ordered my second pair of True Knits to play in.

Love them. Ive had a pair for most of this year and other than wet rainy days or cold i wear them without fail for walking golf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do they hold up playing in the early morning hours with dew/wet turf?

Heavy dew and water will leave you with wet feet. However, i have found my feet generally dry like the course does

I've been wondering about the Trues.  I see the Outsider is no longer listed on their site.  I was a True fan for years until a few years ago when the quality sucked.  I was given a $150 voucher, but I haven't used it yet.  Still waiting to see if the shoes are better.

They are back and for real this time. The shoes are of the utmost quality and comfort. I probably have at least 50 walking rounds on my knits and more on my OG’s they show no signs of giving up or wearing down

• Like 1

I just got a pair of True Linkswear Originals. Very comfy with the wide toe box. I walk 95% of my rounds and these have been awesome

• Like 1

In my bag:

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9* Project X Smoke Green 60 6.5

Wood: :cobra-small: Speedzone Big Tour 13.5* Project X Smoke Yellow 70 6.5

Hybrids: :755178188_TourEdge: CB Pro U 17* Mitsubishi Kura Kage Silver 90X

Irons: :cobra-small: King Forged CB/MB 3-PW Modus Tour 120X

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 52* and 58* Modus Tour 130 Wedge 

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

The Adidas Code Chaos is extremely comfortable for walking!  

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

Diablo 5 Wood Nuetral Stock shaft

:taylormade-small: M3 3 Hybrid Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Weight set to fade

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-GW KBS C Taper Stiff 1/2 inch longer 

:callaway-small: Mac Daddy 4 54, 58

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

:srixon-small: Z-Star

I'm really lovin the FJ Superlites - got a pair in gray. They'll eventually replace all of the FJ's on my shoe rack 

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

6 hours ago, BrownBearGolf said:

The Adidas Code Chaos is extremely comfortable for walking!  

I definitely think I'd like a pair of these, but it's not in my budget right now. I have a feeling all of my golf shoes will be Adidas going forward. I've not found any other brand that performs as well for me.

• Like 1

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I'm really lovin the FJ Superlites - got a pair in gray. They'll eventually replace all of the FJ's on my shoe rack 

The sole pattern looks as if it isn’t trippy enough.  I don’t know.  The Puma looks as if it isn’t grippy enough too. I actually bought a pair of the pumas and wore around the house.  The toe box was too narrow and long for my Taste.  
The Ecco booms are comfortable but the midsole and sole are pretty stiff compared to everything else out there that is spikeless 

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

2 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

I definitely think I'd like a pair of these, but it's not in my budget right now. I have a feeling all of my golf shoes will be Adidas going forward. I've not found any other brand that performs as well for me.

I agree.  I used to wear Nike early 2000s but didn’t like the style they went in. Been Adidas since they made boost. 

Bought some True Feels. Dadgum they're comfortable. I'm having to return them for personal reasons, but when life settles back down, they will be my choice for all my rounds.

• :nike-small:VR-S Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore