TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bridgestone Commercial

revkev

Have any of you guys seen the new Bridgestone Commercial with Bryson and Tiger in it yet?

I think it's hysterical.  Penny and I died laughing when we watched it. 

We done

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Have any of you guys seen the new Bridgestone Commercial with Bryson and Tiger in it yet?

We done

There are actually two different ones, I believe. I agree; they are hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

We done

It is a great job by Bridgestone’s marketing team playing off of the personalities of TW and BDC. I laugh almost every time I watch it.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

It is a great job by Bridgestone’s marketing team playing off of the personalities of TW and BDC. I laugh almost every time I watch it.

I mustn't be watching enough golf - I haven't seen it yet.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Finally saw it. It’s pretty funny 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

It is pretty good.
Here's link to one

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

If Bridgestone does it like that with half the marketing of Titleist they’ll be the number one in golf (personally I think they already are myself)

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I thought the food one with tiger wasn’t funny. Maybe I just didn’t get it. 

The other one was better.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

7 hours ago, EthanSterlingPrice said:

If Bridgestone does it like that with half the marketing of Titleist they’ll be the number one in golf (personally I think they already are myself)

You realize they were tied with TM in market share in Oct and about 6% behind Callaway for second and 35% behind Titleist.  

Mite going to be a long time before any brand catches titleist. Now that titleist offers yellow in the pro v1 and 1x that’s only going to help them maintain or grow their share 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

The glazed-over look Tiger has reminds me of his mugshot...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I liked it, and thought it was good.  As for market share, with most pros sticking with Titleist it seems like it would have to be something earth shattering in ball development to get pros to play something else.  Maybe if one guy (or multiple guys) continues to win with another ball, perhaps then you'll see an exodus from Titleist, but as it is, that mountain is hard to overcome.

I thought Fowler switching to the Taylor Made ball was interesting, but again, it's just one guy.  You need several dozen top top pros to switch to the same thing to see real traction from the sheep on tour.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

2 hours ago, GSwag said:

I liked it, and thought it was good.  As for market share, with most pros sticking with Titleist it seems like it would have to be something earth shattering in ball development to get pros to play something else.  Maybe if one guy (or multiple guys) continues to win with another ball, perhaps then you'll see an exodus from Titleist, but as it is, that mountain is hard to overcome.

I thought Fowler switching to the Taylor Made ball was interesting, but again, it's just one guy.  You need several dozen top top pros to switch to the same thing to see real traction from the sheep on tour.

For the most part the money isn’t out there for guys to drop the titleist paycheck to go somewhere else. As far as I know Callaway hasn’t signed a non staffer to a ball deal so that’s one oem not offering money to guys to switch even for a lot of their pros with club deals. Srixon has ball plus hat/glove deals but the money isn’t there either and TM just made their first signing with Rickie.  

Its going to take more than just earth shattering performance to get guys to switch. Companies are going to have to have both performance and money. TM has the performance in the TP5/5x ball but the money isn’t quite there to get enough guys that have influence under contract.

Tiger and Bryson under contract to Bridgestone. The rest of the big names are under contract to TM or Titleist for full bags including ball.

You realize they were tied with TM in market share in Oct and about 6% behind Callaway for second and 35% behind Titleist.  
Mite going to be a long time before any brand catches titleist. Now that titleist offers yellow in the pro v1 and 1x that’s only going to help them maintain or grow their share 

I’m not arguing in the slightest about their market share, they definitely have the best marketing department. Titleist is number one ball because they buy the ball count with pay to play. The fellas who are established on your will play what they want and admittedly a decent number of them play titleist. For the rest of the tour trying to stay alive and play a bit of golf on the side they see that offer from titleist to play their ball and think that looks awful attractive in offsetting expenses and believe me I’m not knocking them for it, they gotta eat but titleist should say the number one selling ball.

In the bag
Driver: Callaway Rogue Subzero 9.5 Stiff flex
3 wood: Callaway Rogue Subzero 15 degree
Hybrids: 17 degree titleist 816 h2
Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 22-46 degree (4-pw)stiff flex standard lie
Wedges: Callaway Mac Daddy 4 50,54,58 degrees
Putter: Odyssey EXO seven

Gig’em Aggies!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

8 hours ago, EthanSterlingPrice said:

I’m not arguing in the slightest about their market share, they definitely have the best marketing department. Titleist is number one ball because they buy the ball count with pay to play. The fellas who are established on your will play what they want and admittedly a decent number of them play titleist. For the rest of the tour trying to stay alive and play a bit of golf on the side they see that offer from titleist to play their ball and think that looks awful attractive in offsetting expenses and believe me I’m not knocking them for it, they gotta eat but titleist should say the number one selling ball.

In the bag
Driver: Callaway Rogue Subzero 9.5 Stiff flex
3 wood: Callaway Rogue Subzero 15 degree
Hybrids: 17 degree titleist 816 h2
Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 22-46 degree (4-pw)stiff flex standard lie
Wedges: Callaway Mac Daddy 4 50,54,58 degrees
Putter: Odyssey EXO seven

Gig’em Aggies!

They already do with the slogan #1 ball in golf to go along with their promotion of #1 ball on tour.

Every company has a pay to play, it’s how Callaway has #1 driver on European tour consistently, this week were #1 driver at Genesis Open and LPGA tour.

What titleist has done and TaylorMade is now copying is getting their ball and gear into kids hands early and keep them playing their stuff. Build the loyalty to a great product while young and then sign them to contract when they turn pro

Archived