Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2019 Most Wanted Driver PXG 0811X/0811XF

FrogginBullfish

With the 2019 Most Wanted Driver results coming in later this month, part of me wants PXG to take the top spots because I am firm believer in what they're doing, while the rest of me wants PXG to take the top spots because the comment section would be hilarious.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

P.S. What driver do you think will take the top spot? I think it'll likely be the F9 Speedback.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

I think it would be fun to see PXG finish squarely in the middle of the pack. However your remark about the comments section has me rethinking that opinion. :)

I think it will be Ping or Callaway in the top spot. If the G410 outdid Sam’s G400 as it did in his brief demo it could be the next beast.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

No idea about the winner for each swing speed, but TXG videos show that the F9 and Mizuno ST-190 could be early front-runners for the high swing speed group. A buddy that works at Edwin Watts in New Orleans said that when folks come-in to test drivers, the Epic Flash has finished last in most instances, so I’m not really sure the story there is really about results over marketing, but it will be interesting to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

It doesn’t matter to me who wins and thus yrar there are lots of good drivers which the last 3-4 years has been the case.  

No doubt the comment section will be full of entertainment and it’s pretty much the same type of comments about pxg anywhere one looks. I don’t get the pxg “hate” that is out there and I’ve seen guys who once they hit the clubs do a 180 with their opinion.  

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I'm really hoping the G410 is top dog because it MAY make my decision a whole lot easier.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'm anxious to see which one wins.  But pretty sure nmbers 1 through 5 will most likely see a place in my bag at some point 😎

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Should be good this year. I've been avoiding getting into the bay to try anything because I know it will only make me want a new one more... My vote will likely go with f9. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I think the f9 will be the top dog. All the oem's are making great stuff but I am curious if the Cortex will be involved and where it will rank. Something about that driver has my curiosity peaked. Too bad there isn't any place around me to try it.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

No idea about the winner for each swing speed, but TXG videos show that the F9 and Mizuno ST-190 could be early front-runners for the high swing speed group. A buddy that works at Edwin Watts in New Orleans said that when folks come-in to test drivers, the Epic Flash has finished last in most instances, so I’m not really sure the story there is really about results over marketing, but it will be interesting to see.

Phil's not exactly the baseline in driver performance but when he ditched Epic Flash after a week to go back to Rogue, it kinda tells a story there. It'll sell well I'm sure, and Golf Digest has it as their #1 in the hot list. Flash face is an interesting story too.

On TXG, still waiting on G410, TM, PXG, but Matty's been getting crazy good numbers from the F9 and Mizzy.

I'm anxious to see which one wins.  But pretty sure nmbers 1 through 5 will most likely see a place in my bag at some point

I’ve hit them all. At 105 mph average ss there was not much separation. The TS3 performance is great for me. I swung the F9 a couple mph faster, but the spin was a bit higher so the yardages were basically the same. The PXG is fantastic. I would have bought it if I didn’t already have the Titleist. Long story, but there are so many good to great options out there that you would be hard pressed to go wrong with anything.

I'm anxious to see which one wins.  But pretty sure nmbers 1 through 5 will most likely see a place in my bag at some point
There is a good chance? I'd put money on it.. lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Phil's not exactly the baseline in driver performance but when he ditched Epic Flash after a week to go back to Rogue, it kinda tells a story there. It'll sell well I'm sure, and Golf Digest has it as their #1 in the hot list. Flash face is an interesting story too.

On TXG, still waiting on G410, TM, PXG, but Matty's been getting crazy good numbers from the F9 and Mizzy.

Hot List... The general public has no clue that it all relates to Ad dollars! Funny stuff.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Hot List... The general public has no clue that it all relates to Ad dollars! Funny stuff.

Not surprising really. Callaway is top of their lists across the board, which while they make good clubs in general, taking the top spot the whole way is suspect for sure. Especially when a lot of YouTube reviews are showing better performance out of competitors.

I’ve hit them all. At 105 mph average ss there was not much separation. The TS3 performance is great for me. I swung the F9 a couple mph faster, but the spin was a bit higher so the yardages were basically the same. The PXG is fantastic. I would have bought it if I didn’t already have the Titleist. Long story, but there are so many good to great options out there that you would be hard pressed to go wrong with anything.

Great time for golf equipment. So much quality stuff out there. I'm just partial to PXG aesthetics and I believe in their tech more than the others. Ping is probably the only one I'd put near them tech-wise, which is no surprise given PXGs lead engineers are formerly Ping. I'm also one of the few apparently who loves turbulators and dragonfly. That being said I really like the raised crown features this year on G410 with internal dragonfly, but PXG takes the looks department and the sound based on watching Horschel is phenomenal. Performance sounds strong though I've not seen any hard numbers yet.

I really don't care.

I do care about who was on the 2017 Most Wanted List because with my budget and the smaller amount of rounds I'm able to play, I'd rather pick up one of THOSE drivers on the cheap! 😄

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I think it would almost have to be between the Cobra F9 and PING G410 based on the reviews that are currently out there. However, I haven't seen much on the new PXG driver so it could easily slip in under the radar for most people. I think PXG makes good stuff and would love to try it, but I just can't do the price - it's simply outside of my budget. I had planned/hoped to buy a new set this season, but it will likely get put off until next winter or next spring. Thinking Cobra, Titleist, or Mizuno - maybe even a mixture of all three - so I'm anxiously awaiting the Most Wanted list to see what shakes out.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Man there are some great comments in this thread!

Two take aways for me that I whole heartedly agree with but might tweak.

1. “So much good stuff out there that you can hardly go wrong” - Yes! But I would add so long as you know how each OEM’s driver tends to perform, if it generally fits your swing profile and then get fit from there.

But yes there’s lots of good drivers and the PXG is one of them. But I’m on a budget so why spend the money when I can get the same performance elsewhere?

2. “I do care about who was on the 2017 Most Wanted List”

Brilliant strategy for driver IMO. For irons go ahead and back up to 16 or 15 if you’d like.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

21 hours ago, revkev said:

2. “I do care about who was on the 2017 Most Wanted List”

Brilliant strategy for driver IMO. For irons go ahead and back up to 16 or 15 if you’d like.

I made that comment partially tongue in cheek, but it is how I approach things. I play around 20 rounds a year, and a bunch of them are on a Par 3 with my son. Is a $500 new driver going to drastically change my scores or my enjoyment of the game? Heck no.  Like MGS points out, new and expensive doesn't always mean better. Would I like to upgrade my F6? Sure... eventually. I certainly have no issues with golfers who wait for the Most Wanted list to come out and update their bag, it's all about having fun. 

I would like to see a retrospective/comparison though, I think that would be cool. 2019 Most Wanted vs 2017 or 2016 Most Wanted to see what the gains are in distance & dispersion (if any) and what the current new price is vs. the price of that older Most Wanted driver used or NOS. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

This thread title is HUGE clickbait for somebody thinking the results were leaked early!!! It give my head a spin when I saw it.

This is going to be the year I think we are going to see a huge bunching at the top, with different winners in all swing speed categories. As everyone has been saying, 2019 is the year of the driver and I expect that to show in these results. I could easily see PXG, F9 or 410 taking the cake.

But sleeping on the TS series, ST-190, or even 785 would be wrong as well. And that's before discussing the two "top dawgs" in TM and Callaway. I am going to break my F5 button next Monday that's for sure. 

It will also be cool to see if some of the smaller companies like Tour Edge and Sub 70 can make some inroads and how they place. If they can give comparable results to the big boys that is going to help them HUGE.

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

It is a great time for equipment, but one thing I have learned over the last few months with a some time in golf bays at GG and PGATSS is that I have to work on getting a more repeatable swing before I concern myself with whether I can eek out that last 5 yards from a new driver. Right now, if I were forced to buy something, it would be an 8.5* M3 with the stock Tensei Blue shaft. It has been, by far, the best for my swing in its current state, at least according to the LM's.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

A good friend of mine who has access to the 2019 drivers tried the new TaylorMade, Callaway, & Ping.  The Ping G410 had his eyes bulging like Junior Samples in a pancake eating contest!   He said it was sweeeeeeeeeet so 2019 should be interesting in the big stick category. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I’m excited to compare the 2018 data (LST) and results to this year to see how they measure up. I don’t have any desire to change my driver but I would like to see what kind of gains can be made in just one calendar year.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

On 2/18/2019 at 9:04 AM, revkev said:

But yes there’s lots of good drivers and the PXG is one of them. But I’m on a budget so why spend the money when I can get the same performance elsewhere?

With the price drop in this years PXG driver it does make it a contender for me if and when I got to a fitting because it’s only 25-50 dollars more than the other oems. 

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

A good friend of mine who has access to the 2019 drivers tried the new TaylorMade, Callaway, & Ping.  The Ping G410 had his eyes bulging like Junior Samples in a pancake eating contest!   He said it was sweeeeeeeeeet so 2019 should be interesting in the big stick category. 

TXG just did a youtube video on it and Ian (their master clubfitter) did not look like he was impressed. They compared it against the G400 LST and the LST seemed to outperform it in everyway. Now, that was for one person, and not an apples to apples comparison, but I am not sure it is going to be the hit the LST was. 

They were very high on the ST-190 and the F9, as well as the Titleist drivers, for what that's worth.

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I'm calling it now........

Ping g410

Titleist TS

Cobra F9

Callaway Flash

PXG

TM

I note no-one else mentioned Titleist, are they included or are they classed as last year?

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

PING G410

F9

TS

PXG

TM 

Flash

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I think PXG is going to surprise a lot of people this year....

PXG

F9

G410

Flash

M5

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

17 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

I think PXG is going to surprise a lot of people this year....

PXG

F9

G410

Flash

M5

PXG is definitely a dark horse that could win. 

What I do find interesting, is the company that bills itself as "super premium and the best" is not the favorite to take the title. They'll either be proven right all along or just making false advertising claims like everyone else. Obviously, most of us here do not believe them. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Archived