PMookie

Talk to me, Goose! What’s gonna be YOUR ball for 2019???

What’s going to make its way into your bag this season? Snell? Vice? Cut? Titleist? Bridgestone? TaylorMade? Srixon? Mizuno? Vision? Volvik? Pinnacle??? Other?

Why??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Got a nice deal on 100 used Srixon Q-Star Tours on eBay ($65) a couple months back. Read reviews, and it should be a ball quite suited to my skill and game.

• Like 4

I’m planning on testing 3 balls this year.

1. Pro V1
2. TP5
3. Wilson Duo Pro

And maybe the BStone XS... and now that you mentioned it perhaps that Mizuno.

Why? Well because I can.

Need to have the logos scrubbed and do some blind testing. I’ve always fallen back to the PV1.

As always my testing will start with the wedges and go from there. Need drop and stop, and a good soft feel.

• Like 4

My one ball goal for 2019 is to use an American made golf ball. It will be pricey but worth it in the end. It will come down to prov1, chrome soft x, or a Bridgestone ball which I will have to do research on first.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

Pro VIx - I have $100 in pro shop credit, my Pro is a Titleist guy, they have a buy 3 get 4 customized deal and it’s a good ball that fits my game.

If it weren’t for that I’d have probably gone with last years TP5x.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

For me, it will be a mix between three.  

2017 Pro V1 - got a box free from work and it's always consistent

Nike Rzn Tour Black or should I say Bridgestone - love the feel of the ball

2019 Taylormade TP5 or TP5x - This will be my first purchase if/when my balls run out. Have always enjoyed taylormade balls dating back to the red and black LDP.  Just always seem to have a good round when I have this ball in play.

• Like 1

Snell MTB Black until I deplete my current stock then making the switch back to Vice Pro. I wanted to give Snell a try (it truly is a great ball), but ultimately prefer the feel of Vice.

• Like 1

I’m back and forth between Snell MTB black and Red. I’ve played Vice Pro + the past two years and really liked it but I’m going Snell and likely the new MTB-X Yellow.

• Like 4

Srixon Z Star for me. I’ve played Titleist Callaway Bridgestone and Vice, none of witch has knocked the Pro V out. So I’m going to start with Srixon Z stars and if they don’t perform, it’ll be back to Pro V.

• Like 3

Snell MTB Black.  I have at least 4 dozen left form last year's order.  This ball is very similar to the ProV1, and is $20 a dozen LESS if you buy in bulk.  And honestly, switching from one very good golf ball to a different very good golf ball really isn't going to save me strokes.  I'm happy with the performance of the Snell, and I know what to expect, I'm staying with it.  

• Like 5

I’m back and forth between Snell MTB black and Red. I’ve played Vice Pro + the past two years and really liked it but I’m going Snell and likely the new MTB-X Yellow.

Red is going away... X is the new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

I alternate between  ProV, ZStar and Bridgestone RX all season.   

But to me the best ball nobody is playing is Oncore Elixr.  I would play it almost exclusively if I wasn't getting the others so cheap.

When I do play the ProV this year, I will be playing the yellow! 

• Like 3

2019 Srixon ZStar XV Tour Yellow. Already stocked up on 8 dozen with the buy 3 get 1 free deal they had going 

• Like 3

Snell MTB Black. Going to try Snell MTB X this year. But for me, nothing is better than Snell. It’s very similar to the ProV1, but almost $20 a dozen cheaper!

• Like 3

I will give the Snell MTB-X in yellow a try this spring.  I like a yellow ball for those gray days.  If I like it, I will make a switch after I use up 3 dozen KSig balls.  Might not be until 2020.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Got a nice deal on 100 used Srixon Q-Star Tours on eBay ($65) a couple months back. Read reviews, and it should be a ball quite suited to my skill and game.

I too have used Q-Star Tours to try. Additionally, I will be testing Taylormade Project (a), some Snells (bought a mix) and Vice (bought a mix) all from the same LostGolfBalls order.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure I still have 50 or so brand new Top Flite D2+ Feels to work through. If none of the above suit me, I'll go back to the 'ol standbys. They are Surlyn and don't spin a ton, but I can usually get them to stop pretty easily. Been playing these for at least a decade now. Can't beat the price ($10ish/15 balls delivered) when on sale, either. 

• Like 3