Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Talk to me, Goose! What’s gonna be YOUR ball for 2019???

PMookie

19 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

However with all the rain Houston has gotten over the previous two years, I might be switching to a distance ball because you can stick a pinnacle on just about any green out here. 

That's going to look good if the rain holds for our Hard Rock Challenge in June!

ProV's have been creeping their way into my bag.  But the Nike RZN balls are going to be taking precedence.  Can't get enough of them.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Well for me it will more than likely Snell and or Vice since I have about 4 dozen of them AAAA used. Come to think of it I have around 2 dozen MG C-4 balls and a brand new dozen (free) of TM Project A--- I think I also have a couple dozen Srixon Soft Feels (new) a dozen used Kirklands and 2 dozen old (but new) Pro V 292s.

On the vintage side with the blades and Persimmons I will play the Lady Bridgestone I think I have at least a dozen or the older WS Duo.

I do not lose many balls because I do not hit it far enough to lose anymore. Played the same Snell MTB for 54 holes over 2 weekends. Finally wedge scuffed it so into the shag bag it goes. Come to think of it I have a 1/2 dozen new Callaway Super Soft. 

I think I have enough for this year but if I see a closeout or 2 like say last years TP5 I may pick up a couple dozen

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

It was going to be the snell mtb red but since those are going away I’ll prolly order a large supply of last years TP5x

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

This is something I have been pondering since last year.
When I started playing more seriously 2 years ago I was gifted everything from Mojos (anybody want some) to Callaway SuperSofts. As time went on I payed those while trying out Callaway Diablos, Titleist NXTs, Bridgestone e6 Softs, Chrome Softs, and maybe more. Honestly I was playing balls I had found and going through the cheaper ones since I was loosing them too often.

Coming into this season I want to take a more serious approach to what I play. With my game improving each time toward the end of last year, I figured it was time to keep things consistent. I might start the year with SuperSofts just because I have at least one case (if not 2) at my disposal. I’m honestly looking to upgrade my ball since the SS are too mushy for me and I feel like I could get more out of a ball.
Been debating on taking advantage of the price drop of last years Z- Stars but also thinking about going the Snell and Vice routes.
I’m not ready to tap into my cases of Pro V1s or Chrome Softs (gifts from the family).

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

What’s going to make its way into your bag this season? Snell? Vice? Cut? Titleist? Bridgestone? TaylorMade? Srixon? Mizuno? Vision? Volvik? Pinnacle??? Other?

Why??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I stocked up on some Snell MTB-Red. I love the short iron and green side spin on these balls. I have yet to play with another Snell player, so that kind of makes it nice as well...easy to tell which one is mine.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

Personally I’m at the point where I feel overwhelmed with all the ball options. It’s gotten as bad a custom shafts and every other aspect of equipment that has to be launch monitored, reviewed, and dissected for 6 months until the next great thing comes out.

I have at least 500-600 “experienced” balls in the workshop, half of them Pro V1’s. This year I’m going all in on used Pro V1’s and not thinking about it too much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

4 hours ago, deejaid said:

This year I’m going all in on used Pro V1’s and not thinking about it too much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the best way to do it IMO. If I were to change balls every month I wouldn't get a good feel for them I think. Having played the XS for the better portion of last year, I knew exactly what I would get from it, and made it easier to distinguish between the subtle differences when I put a different brand/ball in play.

If you told me last year that the ball can make a difference in trajectory, I'd tell you to go home and cook rice. Then, I played a TP5x and V1x and saw it for my own eyes. For me, it's a noticeably  higher trajectory and I LOVE IT.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

For me it will be srixon z star again. Really enjoyed using them last season and have a bundle left over. So until I run dry on those I will continue on .... Tp5 and Snell are on the list for after! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I can tell you what it's not going to be!  Not only would I have not picked them up, I probably have a few I would have contributed to the pile.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/5000-golf-balls-spill-onto-wisconsin-highway-sending-locals-scrambling-for-freebies/amp

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

On 2/19/2019 at 7:07 PM, Mr_Theoo said:

It was going to be the snell mtb red but since those are going away I’ll prolly order a large supply of last years TP5x

They made an improvement to the red, it’s going to be MTB X. You should try it and see. I may be able to send you a sleeve when I get them if you would like. It’s supposed to give better distance from the tee, which was the biggest complaint last year regarding the red. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

8 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

They made an improvement to the red, it’s going to be MTB X. You should try it and see. I may be able to send you a sleeve when I get them if you would like. It’s supposed to give better distance from the tee, which was the biggest complaint last year regarding the red. 

I might order a trial set once I get playing this season. The X is a 3 piece ball and for some reason I just don’t get along with those types of balls once it gets hot here in Ohio. But I really loved the red and how it performed for me so if the X can do the same and make it thru the heat I’d be a happy camper

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I think I'm going to game the TP5x this year. I loved the original Penta TP5. I played the Project (a) last year but I only have a few left, so I'm Going to give the TP5x a try this year. Who knows, I may end up back with Pro V's before the end of the season...lol.

Edited by silver & black

I have yet to find any top quality urethane ball where I can't play-score my best. I can also include a few lesser models such as Tour Soft (nice balls) for example. I recently found a new Titleist DT TruSoft and thought it was actually a True Soft. Played it all day and shot a 76. Wasn't until after the round I discovered it was a DT. I will play a wide variety of balls from the most expensive to lower cost models. I shot one of my lowest rounds last summer (1-2 over I think?) with an MG Tour C4. These balls cost $1.66/ea. The balls I play have never been an issue when the round is over. Any complaints are on me. Not the ball.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Gonna keep the Bridgestone B330rx going this year.

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I have about 1/2 dozen Tour B RX with the Mygolfspy logo left. Once those are lost, I'm going to try the e12 soft, MTB Black, and MTB-X.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I have about 1/2 dozen Tour B RX with the Mygolfspy logo left.

I haven't been game to hit mine!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

16 minutes ago, MattF said:

I haven't been game to hit mine!

I don't collect balls, but I will keep one of these. The only other ball I still have is my hole in 1 ball from 1995 - a Titleist DT90 that has been hit exactly once.

You should definitely play the RX's. I really like them.

...and not a single respondent has owned up to saying they'll use those sweet-looking Warrior balls they pimp every week on TV...Weird...😝

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I have about 1/2 dozen Tour B RX with the Mygolfspy logo left. Once those are lost, I'm going to try the e12 soft, MTB Black, and MTB-X.

Are the RX still for sub-105 swing speed???

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

6 hours ago, PMookie said:

Are the RX still for sub-105 swing speed???

When I did the online fitting tool last summer, I don't recall it specifically asking about swing speed, but I'm pretty sure the RX and RXS are for the <105 range. I assume the tool uses age + average score to guess a ss.

EDIT: I just redid the online tool a couple times; once choosing the "I know my game" option and once with the "I've been fitted" option (using data from most recent trip to PGATSS as best as I can recall). Both times it spit out the RX.

18 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I don't collect balls, but I will keep one of these. The only other ball I still have is my hole in 1 ball from 1995 - a Titleist DT90 that has been hit exactly once.

You should definitely play the RX's. I really like them.

I used to but the Snells are just too good for me.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

So, I've still got a box of my Q-Star Tours from last year personalized but once those are done I'm going to get some new balls, cuz I'll be out. Now, unless my old spiffs come back for me for nab some of my favs on the cheap, I'm looking at the direct to consumer lines. There is a deal that intrigues me at RBG, 3 Dozen of the Nicklaus Black for $36. Remember from the original Snell Article a few years back that the Black finished just a touch behind the Snell and was co-produced with Bridgestone. 3 dozen for $36 seems too good a deal to pass up.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

For me it is between last years TP5x or Snell Black.  Used Srixon Q-Star Tours the last couple years but looking for something with a bit more spin around the greens without spinning too much on the driver or longer clubs.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Going to stick with the Oncore Elixr. It performs as well as any other ball I've tried and I like the sound/feel. 

They had a sale in December where I was able to stock up a bit.

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

Going to stick with the Oncore Elixr. It performs as well as any other ball I've tried and I like the sound/feel. 
They had a sale in December where I was able to stock up a bit.

I really enjoyed the dozen I had last year!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Well OnCore just sent me a dozen Elixr’s, so I’m probably gonna play those all season assuming that they all don’t go OB. I’ve heard good things so it’s time to put them to the test myself!

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

I know what ball 10 forum members will be playing...

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures