PMookie

Talk to me, Goose! What’s gonna be YOUR ball for 2019???

I too have used Q-Star Tours to try. Additionally, I will be testing Taylormade Project (a), some Snells (bought a mix) and Vice (bought a mix) all from the same LostGolfBalls order.
Additionally, I'm pretty sure I still have 50 or so brand new Top Flite D2+ Feels to work through. If none of the above suit me, I'll go back to the 'ol standbys. They are Surlyn and don't spin a ton, but I can usually get them to stop pretty easily. Been playing these for at least a decade now. Can't beat the price ($10ish/15 balls delivered) when on sale, either. 

I am right there with you on the D2+ Feel. It really is a good ball and will be my gamer to start the year. Long, straight, stops enough and great in the wind.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Love 1

I like the new Z star and New Prov1 and callaway chromesoft

however I have 2 dozen older model prov1's and a dozen bridgstone and a dozen TM Jason Day #86 balls so if I can trade with my pro I'll switch, but if not I'll stick with these this season.

• Like 1

I play two balls each year...a high-end spring/summer/fall golf ball which has been the TM TP5X and will stay that way for the near future. The new Srixon is great, but it didn't beat out the '18 TP5X so we'll see if there's any difference with the '19 TP5X. 

I play Snell MTB Black in the winter/dormant season. The Snell spins more than the TP5X which is great on dormant bermuda greens. 

However with all the rain Houston has gotten over the previous two years, I might be switching to a distance ball because you can stick a pinnacle on just about any green out here. 

• Like 5

Red is going away... X is the new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

X it is

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Srixon z star 110% it was the best ball I gamed last year and I gamed a lot.

• Like 2

Srixon is usually my gamer but I'm intrigued enough by Triple Track to try the new Callaway ERC.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Same here on the ERC. Curious about it.

I play two balls each year...a high-end spring/summer/fall golf ball which has been the TM TP5X and will stay that way for the near future. The new Srixon is great, but it didn't beat out the '18 TP5X so we'll see if there's any difference with the '19 TP5X. 
I play Snell MTB Black in the winter/dormant season. The Snell spins more than the TP5X which is great on dormant bermuda greens. 
However with all the rain Houston has gotten over the previous two years, I might be switching to a distance ball because you can stick a pinnacle on just about any green out here. 

I’ve played TP5X for pretty much the last few years, and love it! I sent a message through Instagram to them to see what I should see as a difference this year, but no response....

Me after declaring I will play only American made golf balls then seeing the new snells drop!

image.png.740ea3ee0da3343f7f23841a49e90272.png

Yeah, after today’s video with Snell and seeing the performance numbers of the new X, I think I’ll be trying them!

• Like 3

I will give the Snell MTB-X in yellow a try this spring.  I like a yellow ball for those gray days.  If I like it, I will make a switch after I use up 3 dozen KSig balls.  Might not be until 2020.

After playing Vison Uvee Ultr-Yellow, I’ve come to like bright yellow balls better. I played AVX in yellow last year.

2019 Srixon ZStar XV Tour Yellow. Already stocked up on 8 dozen with the buy 3 get 1 free deal they had going 

I need to find a couple to try, or a sleeve.

• Like 2

I alternate between  ProV, ZStar and Bridgestone RX all season.   
But to me the best ball nobody is playing is Oncore Elixr.  I would play it almost exclusively if I wasn't getting the others so cheap.
When I do play the ProV this year, I will be playing the yellow! 

I really liked the Elixr!!! It performed very well, but I found it aggravating to try and get the discount. They’re never the same price once you order the first time with the code. That ball felt “heavy” when I hit it. A good feeling!!!

• Like 2

Srixon Z Star for me. I’ve played Titleist Callaway Bridgestone and Vice, none of witch has knocked the Pro V out. So I’m going to start with Srixon Z stars and if they don’t perform, it’ll be back to Pro V.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Which model year Pro V?

I hit these in a sim the other day, 2015 ones, and loved the feel!

Got a nice deal on 100 used Srixon Q-Star Tours on eBay ($65) a couple months back. Read reviews, and it should be a ball quite suited to my skill and game.

Nice! How long do you hope 100 will last? That’s over 8 dozen!!! Dang!!

I’m planning on testing 3 balls this year.

1. Pro V1

2. TP5

3. Wilson Duo Pro

And maybe the BStone XS... and now that you mentioned it perhaps that Mizuno.

Why? Well because I can.

Need to have the logos scrubbed and do some blind testing. I’ve always fallen back to the PV1.

As always my testing will start with the wedges and go from there. Need drop and stop, and a good soft feel.

Hit a cart path a few times and your balls will be scrubbed appropriately! HA!

I hadn’t played Titleist in years until the AVX. I’ve always enjoyed the Bridgestone B330 I had, I just haven’t tried any of their newer models.

What will be the deciding factor? Green action, distance?? If green action is the same, what’s the next factor?

• Like 1

My one ball goal for 2019 is to use an American made golf ball. It will be pricey but worth it in the end. It will come down to prov1, chrome soft x, or a Bridgestone ball which I will have to do research on first.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I bought Chrome Soft X last year and the name does not apply to that ball. Hated it the first time I hit it. One problem... I did a “4 for 3” deal. Ugh! There is SO much difference between the CSX and ProV1. Share what you find out!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I bought Chrome Soft X last year and the name does not apply to that ball. Hated it the first time I hit it. One problem... I did a “4 for 3” deal. Ugh! There is SO much difference between the CSX and ProV1. Share what you find out!

I 1000% agree with this.  I don't get where all the hype is coming from.   

I do remember liking the original Chrome Soft, but certainly not the latest additions of it or CSX. 

• Like 1

2018 V1x until I run out of the 3 boxes I bought around the holidays. I absolutely love how high this ball goes compared to the TourB XS, and I hold greens with them.

I'll probably try the 2019 V1x in yellow when they are available, and this year's TP5x

• Like 1

Snell or PV1x 

I've been trying to kick the PV1x out of the bag for a while and nothing can beat it. Maybe the new Snell will do it. 

• Like 2

Snell or PV1x 
I've been trying to kick the PV1x out of the bag for a while and nothing can beat it. Maybe the new Snell will do it. 

Which year PV1X?

Debating on switching to e12's. Going to try a sleeve as soon as the weather clears.

• Like 3

Debating on switching to e12's. Going to try a sleeve as soon as the weather clears.

I’m curious about these so keep us posted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Nice! How long do you hope 100 will last? That’s over 8 dozen!!! Dang!!

It'll be around two years. I'll go rounds without losing one, but then there are other rounds when a few disappear. I suspect I end up averaging one lost ball per round. Say half a year that's playable here, two rounds a week: 50 rounds a year, 50 lost balls. 🙂

• Like 3