PMookie

Talk to me, Goose! What’s gonna be YOUR ball for 2019???

On 3/20/2019 at 11:54 AM, Reesedw said:

You know funny you mention it.. I have a sleeve of them.. They are not terrible, they are one of the worst balls i have ever played. Terrible would be an upgrade.. LOL

Think Top Flite, You know the one $10.99 a dozen, yeah Now go three or four steps lower.. 

NOT playing them again, I was worried I might cave in my driver.. 

The thought of wanting to play a Top Flite XL over any other ball is sending shivers down my spine. 

• Like 1

ProV1 with the number 45 and stamped Grim Reaper. First time in a decade I am not playing the ProV1x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Waaaay to many good balls out there these days.

Every year I try out all the new offerings and always end up with the ProV1x at the end of the season.

I’ll be testing

CSX
TP5 and x again
The new Z-stars
And maybe even give the Bridgestone a shot?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Bridgestone B330-S refurbished - $13/dozen on amazon.

Tested two seasons ago in a fitting via monitors and these outperformed anything else by far too much. 

I probably need to test again, but fear none of the more recent balls would be so readily available in refurbished.  

• Like 2

On 2/25/2019 at 7:28 AM, MaxEntropy said:

I have about 1/2 dozen Tour B RX with the Mygolfspy logo left. Once those are lost, I'm going to try the e12 soft, MTB Black, and MTB-X.

I’m strongly considering getting this ball as I’m looking for a tour ball. I’ve been gaming the e12 soft since they came out, but I need more spin. My swing speed is consistently 96-100 off the driver and the RX is the only tour ball geared towards slower swing speeds from what I can tell.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, aburtonky said:

I’m strongly considering getting this ball as I’m looking for a tour ball. I’ve been gaming the e12 soft since they came out, but I need more spin. My swing speed is consistently 96-100 off the driver and the RX is the only tour ball geared towards slower swing speeds from what I can tell.

You are correct about the RX line, it's made for guys like us - the RXS if you want more spin, RX if your focus is accuracy. The downside for me is I changed nearly all clubs and balls at the same time (for club testing purposes I stuck with the usual balls), but I'm still getting used to both to some extent. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 4:28 AM, aburtonky said:

I found the e12 to perform poorly compared to the 2017 e6.

For me, far less spin meant far less height, therefore far less distance. So I've been gobbling up the 2-for-1 deals.

I wonder if the matte coloured e12s perform worse than the white e12s? It probably shouldn't, but was super excited for the matte colours, so only bought them.

In pennant, had been playing the e12, but swapped back to the e6 for the last two holes... Got the height back, got all my stopping power back and managed to win 1UP.

Pretty much whichever I pull out of my bag - which is quite a mix.  To be really honest I'm still not seeing that much difference in distance or control around greens regardless what I'm hitting.  I did pick up a sleeve of Srixon soft feel recently and they have been party to some better than average scores the last couple of weeks... could be the start of something? 🙂

• Like 1

I'm going to play the Srixon Z Star XV, I have a few sleeves of the Z Star that I have been using while it is cold out, but I door Trackman numbers show the XV to be the better performer in warmer temperatures.l

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 11:31 AM, JohnSmalls said:

The thought of wanting to play a Top Flite XL over any other ball is sending shivers down my spine. 

Says one of the Hard Rock Challengers... 😉

Possibly not the right thread, but it's still about a ball! Has anyone heard anything about the Genius ball OnCore started mentioning in 2017? I feel like they did a few pushes of marketing and interviews and have since gone silent on the topic. This thread and Mookie trying to sort out distances for his new irons had me thinking it'd be helpful if it ever turned into a real product.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2019 at 6:33 PM, PMookie said:

Same here on the ERC. Curious about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not sure if you tried this yet. I don’t care for the triple track, it’s very difficult to line it up, and time consuming to get perfect so I just flipped over so I couldn’t see anything. Also, this ball is actually pretty long off the tee and irons, has pretty decent feel in be greens. It’s not going to beat out the BXS, but I found a couple on the course. After losing 2 BXS balls on consecutive hole early in the round, I decided I didn’t want to lose another, so I took out these found ones and played them. 

• Like 1

I played golf with the Bridgestone Rep on Friday.  I played the first 15 or so holes with my usual ProV1X--much to his chagrin 🙂   When I lost a ball on the 15th hole and went to get one of out my bag, he said...."here try this, and let me know what you think"   It was a sleeve of the TourB X.  I had been meaning to try it, but just hadn't gotten around to ordering any from him.

Wow, I have to say the very first hole, a Par 5 the ball did everything you would expect, held it's line off the tee, flew really well on the 3 wood approach, and with about 70 yards left on the 3rd shot, it hit pin high took one bounce forward and backed up about 2 feet, leaving me a 10 foot birdie putt, which just barely grazed by.   

I took a couple more practice roll putts with it on that green afterward, knowing we just had a couple holes left.   it felt really really good.   I don't know if I'll be changing anytime soon, as I my initial supply of V1X from Titleist still, but it's certainly one I can play and feel like I"m getting very much the same results as the VX1.

• Like 4

I've got 2 very specific answers as there is the ball I "will play".. and the ball I "want to play". 

The ball I will continue to play is the TM P (a). This ball is just a flat out solid performer all around and is affordable. 

The ball I want to play.. or if asked "what i'd like for Christmas or Birthday) is the Bridgestone Tour B XS (TW's ball). I used this ball in the Bridgestone E12 test as a comparison ball and it just blew my mind. It's hella long, laser straight off the tee, tough as nails, and just a spin beast at close range. To me this is as perfect a ball as there could ever be. 

• Like 2

Started the season with the Chrome Soft X because that is what the ball my club fitter told me to play, but he is also a Callaway staffer so that is what he is going to push. After seeing the ball testing here is decided to test a few different balls for myself. After testing the Chrome Soft X against the Pro V1, TourB X, and the two Snell MTB balls, I have decided to go with the TourB X. Just seems to fit me the best. 

• Like 4

Srixon Z-Star for me. It has worked as well for me as any ball out there. I'm not getting quite as much distance as some of the others off the tee, but the drop is very slight - and the much better dispersion is worth it. I also have loved them on approach. They have been having a sale over the last few days where it's buy 1 box, get a box free, so I have loaded up. Pretty hard to beat $20/12 golf balls.

• Like 2

To be honest I don't have too much of a budget so I will just use whatever ball I find in the ditch while looking for my ball. I was very impressed with the TP5 ball but any decent ball does the job for me

• Like 2

I’m starting to lean more and more to the TP5. I was testing the TP5, Z-Star and The Mizuno RB Tour. The TP5 just checks all the boxes for me on distance, consistency and feel. The Z-Star is a close second though. 

• Like 3

Thanks to their current BOGO sale, ZStar for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

At my local golf club they held a Titleist ball fitting day with one of their experts. After about 50 minutes with me he told me to use the Pro V1X. The main reason was to try and get a bit more height in my flight which should allow it to stop quicker than what I was using (Chromesofts) and gained about 10-15 yards on my driving off the tee too.

I've played four rounds since and I've had 3 of my best scores yet so will look to continue using the Pro V1 X.

• Like 2