PMookie

Talk to me, Goose! What’s gonna be YOUR ball for 2019???

On 3/20/2019 at 11:54 AM, Reesedw said:

You know funny you mention it.. I have a sleeve of them.. They are not terrible, they are one of the worst balls i have ever played. Terrible would be an upgrade.. LOL

Think Top Flite, You know the one $10.99 a dozen, yeah Now go three or four steps lower.. 

NOT playing them again, I was worried I might cave in my driver.. 

The thought of wanting to play a Top Flite XL over any other ball is sending shivers down my spine. 

• Like 1

ProV1 with the number 45 and stamped Grim Reaper. First time in a decade I am not playing the ProV1x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Waaaay to many good balls out there these days.

Every year I try out all the new offerings and always end up with the ProV1x at the end of the season.

I’ll be testing

CSX
TP5 and x again
The new Z-stars
And maybe even give the Bridgestone a shot?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Bridgestone B330-S refurbished - $13/dozen on amazon.

Tested two seasons ago in a fitting via monitors and these outperformed anything else by far too much. 

I probably need to test again, but fear none of the more recent balls would be so readily available in refurbished.  

• Like 2

On 2/25/2019 at 7:28 AM, MaxEntropy said:

I have about 1/2 dozen Tour B RX with the Mygolfspy logo left. Once those are lost, I'm going to try the e12 soft, MTB Black, and MTB-X.

I’m strongly considering getting this ball as I’m looking for a tour ball. I’ve been gaming the e12 soft since they came out, but I need more spin. My swing speed is consistently 96-100 off the driver and the RX is the only tour ball geared towards slower swing speeds from what I can tell.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, aburtonky said:

I’m strongly considering getting this ball as I’m looking for a tour ball. I’ve been gaming the e12 soft since they came out, but I need more spin. My swing speed is consistently 96-100 off the driver and the RX is the only tour ball geared towards slower swing speeds from what I can tell.

You are correct about the RX line, it's made for guys like us - the RXS if you want more spin, RX if your focus is accuracy. The downside for me is I changed nearly all clubs and balls at the same time (for club testing purposes I stuck with the usual balls), but I'm still getting used to both to some extent. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 4:28 AM, aburtonky said:

I found the e12 to perform poorly compared to the 2017 e6.

For me, far less spin meant far less height, therefore far less distance. So I've been gobbling up the 2-for-1 deals.

I wonder if the matte coloured e12s perform worse than the white e12s? It probably shouldn't, but was super excited for the matte colours, so only bought them.

In pennant, had been playing the e12, but swapped back to the e6 for the last two holes... Got the height back, got all my stopping power back and managed to win 1UP.

Pretty much whichever I pull out of my bag - which is quite a mix.  To be really honest I'm still not seeing that much difference in distance or control around greens regardless what I'm hitting.  I did pick up a sleeve of Srixon soft feel recently and they have been party to some better than average scores the last couple of weeks... could be the start of something? 🙂

• Like 1

I'm going to play the Srixon Z Star XV, I have a few sleeves of the Z Star that I have been using while it is cold out, but I door Trackman numbers show the XV to be the better performer in warmer temperatures.l

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 11:31 AM, JohnSmalls said:

The thought of wanting to play a Top Flite XL over any other ball is sending shivers down my spine. 

Says one of the Hard Rock Challengers... 😉

Possibly not the right thread, but it's still about a ball! Has anyone heard anything about the Genius ball OnCore started mentioning in 2017? I feel like they did a few pushes of marketing and interviews and have since gone silent on the topic. This thread and Mookie trying to sort out distances for his new irons had me thinking it'd be helpful if it ever turned into a real product.

• Like 2