Sluggo42

SmacWrap in Recoils

I’ve done a lot of looking, but found very little about these shafts. As I’m getting into my 60’s now,  I’m getting a lot of arthritis in my elbows and fingers actually, and I just can’t get over how soft these shafts are. My p790’s are soft too, so the combo is incredible. I’ve also gone to regular flex too, but I don’t know that if that is a factor in softness. Everyone is probably quite familiar with the Recoil shafts, but I think the new “SmacWrap” is a very cool addition. Apparently used in aerospace as a cockpit vibration reducing material. And now installed within a golf shaft... gotta love it.

i can still feel exactly where I hit the ball though, and a pure hit is still money feeling. And as an added bonus, they’re a very good looking shaft. I got mine installed with logo “down”, so it’s not a cluttered look at address, but rather a clean and confidence inspiring look. I totally dig them.

so in case anyone is looking for some new tech softness in your shafts, I can confidently recommend taking a look at these

80855B5B-6EB2-434E-AC94-A03C3D354500.jpeg

1BC273CE-1769-4033-8387-B3C6B78C7D33.jpeg

28E412BB-13F9-44D6-9D7B-0EE541E02036.jpeg

They look cool with the GP Align grips.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

They are awesome looking shafts. I had them in my P790 last year.  Uktimately they were too light for my particular swing profile which I was surprised at.  But they felt very good. 

Great improvement by ust on the recoil shaft. They took a lighter weight shaft that already reduces vibration and incorporated smacwrap into it for better feel and more vibration dampening. It’s just another example why ust is the leader in graphite iron shafts.

As one who needs anti-vibration, I am very satisfied with the Recoil 460 ES shafts. I have a 4” piece of steel, 13 screws and an inch of my hip in my left wrist from an injury 20 years ago.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Foz, have you had an opportunity to hit anything on one of these shafts?