perseveringgolfer

Your 6 iron speed?

Well this thread is a bit deflating. All you out here swinging your 6 iron as fast as I swing my driver. haha 

I believe mine is around 78-81 depending on if I'm swinging fluidly. 31 years old. 

• Like 1

Low 80’s, and I’m almost 63...

dang kids...

• Like 2

I'll be 48 in July and I swing my irons a bit slower after my back fusion but I'm in the neighborhood of 85-87 mph. I tend to hit a lot of iron shots with something less than a full swing because of wind. I've lived in Oklahoma since 2008 and I have become someone who tends to hit knockdown's quite a bit. I used to live in Florida and there I hit the ball high - a lot of target golf. My six iron swing was in the low 90's then on a full swing. I'm rambling now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

67 years old and 6 iron swing averages 75-77 (Trackman numbers)

• Like 1

Last time I was on a launch monitor I averaged 86mph with my 7i. I’m 64 yo and considered a slightly longer hitter among my peers.

I think at my last lesson my Trackman swing speed was about 98-100 mph with the 6 iron but I don't carry it near as far as some of the rest of you in that range. 

I'm upper 80s but I don't swing 100% power. I give up speed for a smooth tempo and contact for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Good question.  I don't believe I've ever hit my 6i on the Trackman.  I'll check next time I'm in the bay.

Posted (edited)

Ping G400, red, graphite with senior flex (I am 67).  75-78 trackman speed as of this AM. I use it for 150-165 yards.

Edited by DrMJG
  • Like 1

I can now confirm between 88 and 93mph, according to Flightscope. It was a 7 iron, not a 6 iron.

1989639872_wilsond7.jpg.38ded4b383a6c9a85179c4447b6d6822.jpg1008785828_wilsond72.jpg.d6aa89d5a1eb65a9fabd60da7c761488.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 10:33 PM, DrMJG said:

Ping G400, red, graphite with senior flex (I am 67).  75-78 trackman speed as of this AM. I use it for 175-180 yards.

you sure you got the right numbers? 180yd 6i from a 78mph ss seems a stretch but great if that's your carry.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The Mizuno Shaft Optimizer recommended X-flex 125-130 gram shaft, and I was swinging the 7-iron hot metal pro 84 mph. I was very surprised that I could swing that heavy of a shaft that fast. I was carrying that 7-iron 180 ish. I'm 42 yrs old and weigh 220, mostly belly.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Edited by M. Parsons
  • Like 3