Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Longest clubs in the bag from a review

revkev

I can honestly say that every club in my bag is there as the result of MGS input.

The current oldest club in my bag is my SCOR 60 which I won six years ago in the MGS staff contest. I have another SCOR that I tested a year and a half later and two SCORs that I purchased on EBay to fill gaps.

I was a tester for the Ping G400 and EVNRoll ER5, G30’s finished high in the GI most wanted category and seemed the best choice for me based on that testing. So I grabbed a used set for 350 on Amazon. I wanted an inexpensive hybrid and someone whom I respected here suggested the SLDR - since I had a friend who gamed the 22 I tried his - bought a 22 and a 26 on eBay for 55 and 60 respectively. The Tour exotics fairway was a no brainer based on member testing and it’s been as advertised.

But at 6 years old that SCOR 60 is the King.

How about the rest of us? How has MGS influenced your bag and what’s been in the longest?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Very good topic, I’ve been curious about this myself.

I tested the Launcher HB irons last year and they are firmly in the bag. I still like to look but reality sets in and I realize these are about as good as it will get for me.

After reading others reviews on MGS I have in my bag the Cobra 3/4 and 5/6 fairway woods as well as Cleveland CBX wedges.

Currently eyeing a couple of drivers but do I really need a new one is the question I keep asking myself. Also close to pulling the trigger on a putter fitting.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I’m still using a set of Ben Hogan PTx irons from a forum test a few years back. Still love them and haven’t seen anything to change that.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Nothing from testing. I think I was one of the guys Rev was speaking of about the Exotics fwy metals. I’ve been using them for about 8 years, I’ve replace a broken XCG5 3 wood (my fault), with an XCG6 3 wood, I have a 5 wood that I use occasionally, a 22 hybrid and 19 hybrid, that I use as well. Although the 2 hybrid amp cell Orange that I use fills the gap better. I also have Exotics backups in the garage when needed. My current XCG6 3 wood is old and I fear it may break soon, I’ve been usin it for about 5 years and have not found anything that even comes close to beating it. Other than the Exotics which we've talked about here several times, I don’t really have any clubs based solely on MGS testing. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Like many here the ping g400 driver went in the bag after last seasons greatness, then I was fortunate enough to be a tester for the i210 irons which are great for me, but the longest would have to be the f7 fairway from Cobra. Looking back Tony out out his article on it November 2016, it was and still is a great club. I struggled for a long time with fairways, but this clicked with me and I can't see it being replaced anytime soon. I know a few other spy's still have them in the bag to. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

After MGS declared the G400 LST as the most wanted last year, I couldn't find an excuse fast enough to warrant getting one ASAP. Got fitted to the SFT model and haven't looked back.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

My Driver (LST) and Hogan Ft. Worth irons, HI irons and wedges are all a result of MGS.

The only two that are not a product of this site are a PING G 3 wood and my Anser 2 from 1999.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

• 2 years later...

bumping this up as the year begins anew...

can't say that this is from a review but I'm still gaming my Cobra F7 blue 3wood and absolutely love that club. Piped one straight down the middle on a tight par 4 yesterday.

If you're familiar with Rich Shiels this is/was his "ole bluey"....

Everything else in the bag has only been there for about a year or so... 😆

What about everyone else - which club have you had in your bag the longest?

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Longest thing I had from a review was the Precision Pro NX7 from a few years ago... until I left it attached to the side of a cart that got returned at the end of last season 🤬

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

8 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

What about everyone else - which club have you had in your bag the longest?

Is this a trick question 😂

Actually it’s the G410 7 wood from the PING long game testing two years ago.  The 5 hybrid from the same testing, comes and goes out of rhe bag as well, depending on what irons are in play. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Have had 1 testing so far and while I did not keep them (G710 irons) my dad has them now@Placasse61 and I think they’ll be in his bag for a long time. Pretty sure he’s becoming a PING  advocate as he has now purchased several other PINGS (410 driver and glide wedges)

my cobra rad purchase was swayed because of MGS testing and other reasons but MGS had a part 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

One year later, the G400 LST still isn’t going anywhere.  Hit a few on the LM with it yesterday and my ball speed, peak height and carry are better than what it was when I bought it in 2018. 

I have no plans for replacing the Hogan Player’s Combo and My MP-20 HMB 3 iron...yup, also from most wanted testing. 

Im just waiting for the next great thing...

You guys are a good (bad) influence on me and my wallet 🤣

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Hmmm well I wouldn’t usually flip through clubs as quickly as I did last year, but I changed putters to the ER2B technically as the year began because of the reviews here and interesting face tech story. And then was chosen for #CCC4, so yeah.... not very long.

But prior to thats at of my clubs were 5+ years old and just starting to toy around with replacements.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8