Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Care for Golf Shirts and Pants

chisag

... Most of you probably know this, but just in case I thought I would post this for those that don't. Many years ago when I first started reviewing golf stuff I had a chance to meet John Ashworth and he gave me a tour of his warehouse.  Back then most all golf clothing was cotton. John gave me a tip I have used ever since. "Always turn your shirts and pants inside out to wash and dry them. That way the wear and tear from the washing machine and dryer will occur on the inside where it can't be seen. Your clothes will last much longer and look much better after years of use."  

... I have also found with modern washers that do not have an agitator and are very gentle, I need to wash my shirts and pants normally then I turn them inside out when I put them in the dryer. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Chisag... would you consider moving to Texas? 😎

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

My wife always washes my shirts inside out regardless of the material type.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

So the washing machine is the one that has the water hook ups?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

So the washing machine is the one that has the water hook ups?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Actually our dryer has a water hookup as well. Some kind of a steam function.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Also, do not use a hot iron on your tech fabric golf slacks. It will melt them. Don't ask how I know this

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

I never dry golf clothes. Always hang dry.  I useca steamer to get wrinkles out to avoid iron issues although puma usually is the brand that doesn’t cooperate with the iron.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I was never told the reason why but I always did it. Learning new things every day!

Personally I don't put any shirts or pants with spandex or stretchy material in the dryer. Basically socks, underwear and work clothes are the only things not hung to dry. My handheld steamer (aside from my slow cooker) is the best present I've ever gotten!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1 hour ago, Canucklehead said:

I was never told the reason why but I always did it. Learning new things every day!

Personally I don't put any shirts or pants with spandex or stretchy material in the dryer. Basically socks, underwear and work clothes are the only things not hung to dry. My handheld steamer (aside from my slow cooker) is the best present I've ever gotten!

Actually I never put my socks in the dryer; air dry.  I only wear Kentwool socks... all the time.  Turn them inside out when washing, and never use fabric softener.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Holy Crap, you mean I'm not supposed to throw everything in the washer with soap and when its done the dryer with a dryer sheet? Hmm no wonder the wife wont let me do laundry.. go figure... 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Some of these newer fabrics are amazing, imo.

The Puma shirt I won through the Cobra Connect Challenge is white. Me and white clothes normally do not mix - I've spilled on that shirt almost every time I've worn it, from coffee, to hamburger grease, to spaghetti sauce. A spritz of Shout and a gentle wash cycle and it comes out as good as new. It's supposed to lay flat to dry, but my wife has accidentally dried it a couple times and it still looks great (there is a reason I do most of the laundry in our house).

Great idea to turn them inside-out, too.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

59 minutes ago, Reesedw said:

Holy Crap, you mean I'm not supposed to throw everything in the washer with soap and when its done the dryer with a dryer sheet? Hmm no wonder the wife wont let me do laundry.. go figure... 

That's the way I do it..... no one to yell at me...lol.

Just now, silver & black said:

That's the way I do it..... no one to yell at me...lol.

Lucky B@stard.. LOL

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

1 hour ago, Reesedw said:

I did it that way specifically so the wife WOULDN'T let me do laundry.😉

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

When we were newlyweds I did laundry. Threw 4 Angora sweaters in the dryer. When they came out they were sized for 3yr olds.

I’ve never been allowed in the laundry room since. That was 36 years ago.

Actually I never put my socks in the dryer; air dry.  I only wear Kentwool socks... all the time.  Turn them inside out when washing, and never use fabric softener.  

I buy no name socks for the most part. I go through them too quick

9 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

I buy no name socks for the most part. I go through them too quick

That was me before I discovered Kentwool socks.  They are a little pricey, but they do have sales.  They last a long time; I'm still wearing socks I bought in 2015.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

18 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I'm still wearing socks I bought in 2015

I have 7 pairs of socks that I wear 4 days a week at work from back home called Holeproof. I actually bought them a few years before I moved here in 2005, so they're at least 15 years old and still going strong. Made of a merino wool blend.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, MattF said:

I have 7 pairs of socks that I wear 4 days a week at work from back home called Holeproof. I actually bought them a few years before I moved here in 2005, so they're at least 15 years old and still going strong. Made of a merino wool blend.

Kentwool socks are merino wool too.  I expect these to last a long time.  When I heard that they were the "official" socks of tour caddies, I decided to try them.  Glad I did.  

My only complaint which I voiced to Kentwool... they don't have a pure white sock.  Creamy white, but no white.

On 2/27/2019 at 9:48 AM, Kenny B said:

That was me before I discovered Kentwool socks.  They are a little pricey, but they do have sales.  They last a long time; I'm still wearing socks I bought in 2015.

I just got some Bombas Performance socks.  I like them better than my Kentwools.  Not sure on longevity yet, of course.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

... After exclusively using Thorlo socks for the last 40 years I tried some Stridelines, a new sock company and so far I really like them. I can't comment on longevity as I have only had them a month but very comfortable and just the right amount of padding.

https://www.strideline.com

4 hours ago, CarlH said:

I just got some Bombas Performance socks.  I like them better than my Kentwools.  Not sure on longevity yet, of course.

I've seen ads for them but don't know anything about them.  What is different from Kentwools that make them better?

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I've seen ads for them but don't know anything about them.  What is different from Kentwools that make them better?

I just like the way they fit my arch better than I get from the Kentwool.  I had bought my wife a few pair of the Merino Wool socks for Christmas.  She raved about how nicely they fit her foot and suggested that I get some.  I tried some of the Performance socks and liked them and ordered more.  I'll be ordering some more ankle socks now that the season is around the corner.  Right now, I'm wearing the calf socks.    The Kentwool ankle socks that I have seem bulkier than the Bombas Performance.  Not to take away from the Kentwool socks, as they are very comfortable and cool, as well.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

This thread is turning into something quite entertaining.  To be honest, I do 90% of the laundry for my family.  I lived alone for nearly 11 years before getting married and spent 8 years in the military.  Laundry is something I have been doing my whole life.  I also do the majority of the cooking.  My wife's career keeps her away often in the afternoons with city council meetings, etc.

I'm not attempting to thread-jack but I do have a question it seems some may be able to answer.  I find it very difficult to find pants that fit properly.  Or what I believe should be a proper fit.  I can't stand the "modern" low rise.  I have tried Bonobos, Under Armour, Adidas, JCrew, Dockers, Bills Khakis and Old Navy. 

I love Bills but the lower legs feel like straight up 70's bell-bottoms.  It's a shame they don't offer a slimmer fit with a mid-rise.  Bonobos, UA, Adidas and JCrew were all way to short in the rise.  I was instructed by a supposed "professional" to buy a larger waist size in the Bonobos to increase the rise.  This made the thighs way too loose.  I just didn't like Dockers all the way around!  The Old Navy pants were intriguing at first.  The fit was much better but the material and quality were awful.  After two washes, the crotch stitching unraveled from seam to seam.

Any suggestions?

46 minutes ago, sixcat said:

This thread is turning into something quite entertaining.  To be honest, I do 90% of the laundry for my family.  I lived alone for nearly 11 years before getting married and spent 8 years in the military.  Laundry is something I have been doing my whole life. 

... Amen sixcat. When my 2 boys were in their early teens and going through clothes like crazy, my wife told me she was overwhelmed by laundry, cooking and cleaning the house. Since we both worked full time I told her I would take turns doing the laundry with her but I was shocked how much time it took to gather the clothes, wash and dry them and then hang and fold them. MUCH more work than I had imagined and I took over doing the laundry full time. Like many men I really had no idea how much work it takes to maintain a house and was glad I took over laundry duty as well as cleaning the kitchen when she cooks. 

Can you imagine having this conversation with the same people at the 19th hole😂

my 2c worth is I've always done jeans/denim inside out and dress trousers (pants) as well. Pants (knickers) are also best done inside out, together, and with some small amount of detergent applied to a key area😉 before putting in the machine. Results are exceptional to wear. 😍

In future though, and based on this thread, I will turn everything inside out.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

• 1 month later...

When buying golf clothes I have a few rules:

1. Nothing white.  Too hard to keep stains off, and everything goes in the wash together at our house

2.  Read the tag to make sure no special washing requirements, again because everything goes in the washer and dryer together. 

*edit* rule 3. Check the clearance rack first. 90% of my UA, Nike, and Puma gear was at 50% off or more at the PGA Superstore 

I see why it would make sense to turn clothes inside out for care.  My kids certainly do this with every clothing article, but not on purpose.  I prefer to leave my clothes outside out so I can avoid the extra pre and post wash steps.

Edited by golfingbrock

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

• 3 weeks later...

I have been washing all clothes inside out with fasteners done up on the gentlest cycle the washing machine offers for over twenty years.  Combine this with hanging all clothes to dry can add years to their lifespan.  Purchase better quality clothes and take proper care of them will save money in the long run.  This premise is true for most things in life.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3