tony@CIC

Worst equipment mistakes you've made

25 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Oh you lucky dawg...I may need to book a trip down to see you and nice weather.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Come on down buddy!   Tomorrow is going to be in the upper sixties so it's shorts time 💣

• Like 2

Come on down buddy!   Tomorrow is going to be in the upper sixties so it's shorts time 

Shorts you say? You’ll never guess what I just got!

I guess it’s warmer in Maryland than here in the tundra.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Shorts you say? You’ll never guess what I just got! emoji6.png

I guess it’s warmer in Maryland than here in the tundra.

Naw cuz I live in Georgia!

• Like 3

Naw cuz I live in Georgia!

I know. But I’m moving to Maryland this summer. Had to get some short pants.
  • Haha 2

I now have 3 #3 hybrids and I can’t hit any of them consistently. Also an MG blade putter that’s nice, but not if you putt the way I do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Getting a set of MB2 irons with Tour Issue shafts from my Adams Rep as a gift. Playing them for a couple months and then selling them. Wish I never did 😔

• Sad 1

Heading out in a little while to see if I can get my latest pick up (Taylormade M5) dialed in.    Geez I hope it works like it did in my fitting... 😯

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ole gray said:

Heading out in a little while to see if I can get my latest pick up (Taylormade M5) dialed in.    Geez I hope it works like it did in my fitting... 😯

Back home and once I got the weights and loft dialed in, I was back to hitting it like I did at my fitting.  More to come later however one thing that I don't like about this driver, is it picks up a good bit of loose stuff off the ground. It was  wet and soggy at the course today and  from resting the driver head on the ground  caused grass etc. to gather in the tracks where the weights move.   Other than that, I enjoyed it very much today!!

• Like 3

A few years ago I had an obsession with Callaway. I bought the RAZR X irons and X2 Hot driver, odyssey blade putter, X Hot 3 wood, and a X Hot hybrid. All while playing the Supersoft. Turns out the irons and driver were SENIOR shafts and I swing around 90ish. After taking a long break from the game I have a custom set of clubs from Wilson, Cobra, PXG, Cleveland, and Tommy Armour.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I think my worst mistake was picking up some Diablo Edge irons for $30 and then selling them for 4x the price because I felt like they were *too* big. That was dumb because they were high and straight all day long.

• Like 2

Ok I won't lie ,the M5 was too much driver for this ole coot to hit consistent shots with.    I sold it today for $300.00 and shed a few tears in my prune juice.   I actually traded in some stuff when I bought it so my lost turned out to be clubs instead of cold cash however I had to buy them at some point.   🙄

• Like 1

Apparently, my biggest mistake recently is not being in the right place at the right time when @ole gray sold his M5.  😄   I would have gladly replace my M4 with it.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Apparently, my biggest mistake recently is not being in the right place at the right time when @ole gray sold his M5.  😄   I would have gladly replace my M4 with it.  😄 

It could make a happy camper out of the right golfer, just not me.   I'm hoping my friend who bought it will be happier than a buzzard on fresh road kill. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 2/22/2019 at 10:13 AM, edingc said:

Reminds me of when my wife's grandmother passed away. She was an avid golfer up to a few months before her passing. When we went through her golf bag, we found she had purchased a Hammer driver from the late night infomercial on the Golf Channel.

My mother-in-law still has the club. I should borrow it sometime this summer for some range fun.

So how has she adapted to being able to hit 450 yard drives? Has it made golf too easy for her or what? 

Edited by DK03
  • Like 1