TESTERS WANTED! ×

Maltby M+ Wedges

edingc

I went crazy buying Maltby Wedges because I couldn't believe you could get custom specs for such a deal. 
I was on a graphite kick so I bought the full set of 52*/56*/60* Tour grind MG wedges with the Paderson Graphite Reg Wedge shafts. They were, at the time, a little above my level. I was a bit over zealous in my ability at play that sole in all my lofted wedges. 
I learned my lesson and when I went to game improvement irons, my gaps didn't match anymore. Also, my swing speed increased to S flex. So, I wanted to get another set of Maltby Wedges in the 50*/54*/58* lofts. They were out of stock on the 50* M+ so I picked the DBM gap wedge, M+ 54* Tour and M+ 58* mid all with the Stiff Paderson shafts. 
Part of my wedge journey included a time where I gamed Wilson Harmonized wedges that only cost $27/each new from Amazon in 52*/56*/60*. But I soon learned that low bounce gap wedges and me didn't get along. I would hit the ball high in the face and never get good performance/spin. 
I learned that I was having trouble with the Gap wedge in both the DBM, Wilson, and 52* MG so I ended up getting the U wedge from my iron set. But I gamed the 54* and 58* M+ wedges for months - loved them. Eventually, I got the set sand and Lob wedges but learned my Maltby Wedges were a better fit for accuracy and versatility. 
Then there came a time when the 58* M+ with that wider sole was giving me problems with tight lies. That's what led to me comparing the 4 lob wedges and landed on the 60* MG Tour Grind. The funny thing is that it is actually reg flex which is perfect since I 90% of the time swing partially with the lob wedge.
I still bring back the 58* M+ when I play spongy courses with very soft, fluffy bunkers. It is a wonderful club to not take too much sand and get some tour sauce on a bunker shot. The mid sole is perfect for spongy Kikuya and softer ground. 

Thats a pretty cool wedge journey!!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk