Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Mixed Bag - Opinions Wanted

No problem with a mixed bag, play one myself.  Fitting is important to get an understanding of what could work for you, but there is also something about really liking the equipment you play with as well for a confidence factor. In that sense, as long as it works for you, its good.  My current driver is a little old now (Callaway Diablo Tour Black), and will go to my pro for a fitting at some point in 2019.  Don't know if I will change, but i am open to what I play with.

I have always played a mixed bag, usually consisting of mizuno irons, Vokey wedges, and Taylor made driver/3w/hy. 

When I got fitted (not going on a fitted rant here) I switched to srixon irons, Cleveland wedges, and ping driver/3w, Titleist hybrid. 

In my mind, the mizuno brand has always been in a different, far superior, league than srixon. That being said, I have been really impressed with my srixon irons and consider them a better fit for my game without sacrificing quality. 

As far as a “mixed bag” - I worked in the golf services industry imthrought high school and college, and would often purchase the complete sets from mizuno because the price was so good. I feel like having every club in your bag being the same manufacturer gives the appearance that you just went into a golf shop and bought a complete set off the rack. Having a mixed bag gives the impression you took the time to see what club is best for you. 

Archived