tchat07

At Home Practice Set Up

has anyone put together their own home simulator before? What equipment did you use? Approx how much did it cost?

2 hours ago, JonMUSC08 said:

has anyone put together their own home simulator before? What equipment did you use? Approx how much did it cost?

Check with @GolfSpy MPR.  He has some really impressive golf DIY projects and has gone down this route.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2019 at 1:11 PM, JohnSmalls said:

Check with @GolfSpy MPR.  He has some really impressive golf DIY projects and has gone down this route.

Appreciate it, i'll have to keep an eye on it

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 7:29 AM, tchat07 said:

Does anyone have a puttout mat? I read a review recently that says sometimes a channel will form where the back is consistently hit. Has anyone experienced that/what's the "care" need for the mat, do you vacuum it to keep grooves from forming?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I have a putt out mat. I vacuumed mine and I have a groove in the center of the mat so I am going to have to replace it.  Boo!!!  It’s too bad because I really liked it. 

• Like 1

I have a Real Feel Country Club Elite mat along with a Net Return. Both have paid for themselves with the money i saved from the driving range.   I use practice stations that Mike Bender advocates during my practice sessions and I see the ball flight with my Sky Trak. It is the perfect indoor setup. 

• Like 3

I need to get a better hitting mat, but I have the Rukket Haack Net and Callway hitting mat (the one that's about the size of a sheet of paper). I used to have a WellPutt Mat for putting and those things are great. The only reason I don't have it any more is because I moved and don't have a great place to set it up. 

I need to get a better hitting mat, but I have the Rukket Haack Net and Callway hitting mat (the one that's about the size of a sheet of paper). I used to have a WellPutt Mat for putting and those things are great. The only reason I don't have it any more is because I moved and don't have a great place to set it up. 

Is your net the 10x7 one? If so, how do you like it?

8 minutes ago, TSauer said:

Is your net the 10x7 one? If so, how do you like it?

Yes, it's the 10x7 original not the pro. I love it! It sets up and tears down easily, looks great, and I've never had a problem with it. The netting is of good quality and it catches everything I hit into it. The only thing I can't do is practice some specialty wedge shots, but that's not a big deal to me with a net - it certainly isn't why I bought it. I've even used the net with my daughter for soccer. If I were to knock it for anything it's that it doesn't setup as easy as the Rukk Net, but I knew that going in.

• Like 1

Yes, it's the 10x7 original not the pro. I love it! It sets up and tears down easily, looks great, and I've never had a problem with it. The netting is of good quality and it catches everything I hit into it. The only thing I can't do is practice some specialty wedge shots, but that's not a big deal to me with a net - it certainly isn't why I bought it. I've even used the net with my daughter for soccer. If I were to knock it for anything it's that it doesn't setup as easy as the Rukk Net, but I knew that going in.

Good to know, I'll add it to my shopping list! I have their chipping net, so I may as well as the hitting net too.
  • Like 1

I purchased a "All Turf Mats; Super Tee Golf Mat" from Amazon.  It is a great mat.  I have had it 2 years and it is holding up very well.

This year I built a driving net to use in my shop.  I built it using 1 1/2" PVC and a 10X12 mesh tarp from Harbor Freight.  It works really well.  I probably spent $75 for materials.

This helped me get through the winter.  

golf practice set up.jpg

• Like 3