TESTERS WANTED! ×

Greatest Shots in Golf

Shankster

*Bubba deserves his own spot in the hall of fame because he bends the ball like noone has ever done.....the shot on 18 from the woods at the Masters has to be the best...place/time/position/at a major/18th hole....

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

*Bubba deserves his own spot in the hall of fame because he bends the ball like noone has ever done.....the shot on 18 from the woods at the Masters has to be the best...place/time/position/at a major/18th hole....

100% agree. Probably one of the most important shots in golf as far as tournament outcome.

25 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Except, it was on #10 in the playoff!  But you're right, that shot was ridiculously amazing!

Whoops!   You're right....to do it in a playoff for a major makes it even more impressive.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

For a bit of a throwback, Jack Nicklaus's 8 iron shot in the 1977 British Open on the 18th hole. 

He hit his shot with the ball nestled almost against a gorse bush and was somehow able to get the ball on the green to give him a chance for the  win.  It was incredibly impressive IMO, but making the 35 foot birdie putt was icing on the cake.

Watson was able to sink his birdie putt and win, but Nicklaus tested his nerves with those two amazing shots.

Also, Seve Ballesteros's shot in the 1993 European Masters over the wall.  I'm sure that we could find a shot per round that Seve played that was amazing

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

17th at pebble has a claim to two of the greatest shots in the moment. Nicklaus's 1 iron and Watson's chip. 

If you are talking just shots and execution Tiger's 9 Iron (pictured above) and his 6 iron out of the bunker in 2000 at Canadian Open have to be the top or near the top. So few people would even have considered either one of those let alone pulled them off. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

3 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Ditto! Opening this tread up, that shot was the very first one to come to mind. I remember watching it live on TV and just sitting there absolutely dumbfounded...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

6 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Ditto! Opening this tread up, that shot was the very first one to come to mind. I remember watching it live on TV and just sitting there absolutely dumbfounded...

Me too! He was coming out at right angles then next minute it's on the green and spinning towards the pin. I remember shouting "WTF" and rewinding to watch again as it 'MUST HAVE' hit a tree or something...lol Unbelievable execution to order.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Given the gravity of the situation, Bubba's hook out of the woods was about as majestic as it gets.  My non-golfing wife came out of her seat and said, "that cannot be normal" while looking at an overhead view of #10 on Google Maps on my phone.  I told her Bubba may be the only person in the world that could have hit that shot, under those circumstances, at that moment.

It was incredible!

I posted about Tiger's 6 iron at the Canadian open, a very good one. But the below is the one i was thinking of. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Archived