(4) Testers SELECTED PING G410+ & SFT Drivers [US & CAN]

Our Sponsors

Jesse - Alberta, Canada

7 hcp - 106-110 swing speed

G400 LST - Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS

I would like to try the G410 Plus

I have always been a big fan of Ping drivers. Loved the G25, which I gamed for a number of years and have very much enjoyed the G400 LST. The new G410 has some big shoes to fill that's for sure.

D - Ping G400 LST - 10 degree - Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X

F - Cobra F8+ - 3/4 lofted down - Standard Aldila Green X

H - Mizuno CLK - 14 degree - Aldila NV Green X

DI - Taylormade UDI with Hzrdus 6.5

I - Titleist 718 CB - 3-P - Project X LZ 6.0

W - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth - 50, 54, 58

...and many more

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do you improve on a line of drivers that had a member of the family win the coveted Most Wanted Driver in 2018?  That's certainly a tough task for any group of engineers.  But the really smart guy

Greetings fellow Spies, may I have your attention please.... Please give a warm and hearty congratulations to these fine men who will be testing the following clubs. Testing the Ping g410 Pl

Good grief! WOW! I can't believe it! What an honor and fantastic opportunity!!!! Thank you MGS!!!!!

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

How do you improve on a line of drivers that had a member of the family win the coveted Most Wanted Driver in 2018?  That's certainly a tough task for any group of engineers.  But the really smart guys in the lab coats in the rooms where nobody is allowed to go in Phoenix are betting they have done just that.   And they have gone into uncharted waters to do so. 

PING has been if not the last , then most certainly the last major equipment company to produce a driver with movable weights.   For years PING has stated that it had enough technology built into each version of it's drivers that you need not worry about unscrewing plugs, or sliding bars, or inserting cogs etc.   They had done all the work for you and the driver would work just fine, and they did thank you very much. 

Well take a close look at the rear of the new G410 Plus pictured below.  You'll see three possible ports for a movable weight, center for neutral, on the heel for draw bias and out on the toe for fade bias.   People have finally gotten what they have clamored for. 

And for those who prefer a driver with a bit of a draw bias and don't need to change if from that, well PING hasn't forgotten you, as it made the G410 SFT--Straight Flight Technology--and it otherwise has all the same technology.  

thumbnail of
Will this movable technology along with all the hosel adjustment that can moved into eight different configurations make one of the best drivers on the market year in and year out even better?

Well we're going to leave it to three dedicated and trustworthy and oh alright, it's OK to say-- LUCKY as well-- members of the My Golf Spy forum to test, play, review--and keep-- these drivers.  The members of the forum will anxiously be awaiting the results.   

The testers will be getting these drivers pretty much the same time they will be hitting retail shelf's, so you will be among the very first consumers on the course with these incredible looking drivers. 

thumbnail of

thumbnail of

HOW TO APPLY:

in this thread - and ONLY in this thread - tell us the following:

1. Your first name and home state-US Only

2. Your current handicap and driver swing speed

3. Your current driver

4. List whether you would like to review the G410 Plus or G410 SFT

Pretty straightforward!

thumbnail of

Good luck, and we'll be announcing the testers in this forum early next week!

Steve/PA

HDCP 9

Swing Speed 95mph

Titleist 915 D3

G410 Plus

Bob Ferguson

Charleston, SC

90 -95 mph Swing speed

Current driver -- Taylormade M2 or Burner Draw, depending on how I feel!!!

Would like to see if the G410 Plus is a good driver for Seniors -- I'm 68.

"There is not such thing as a bad day on the golf course!"

Mike  Las Vegas

Hcp12  Swing speed 88-90

Currently  Calloway XR 7 Regular stock Fujikura Regular

Would Love to try the 410 SFT to take the right side trouble out of play Should of got the G30  SFT couple years back. Loved at a demo day event

I would love to test one of these out.  I've had a G30 SFT and now a G400 SFT.  I've used Ping's stock graphite shafts, tour graphite shafts, and now have a custom Mitsubishi Chemical C6 Blue in my current G400 SFT, so I have plenty of experience with the G series drivers... and would love to compare the new G410 to these.  I also have a Skytrak I use in the garage about 3x per week over the winter months, which makes for a lot of fun testing new clubs against my current gamers, and would be willing to share that data with the group as well if I get to test one of these.  Really hope to be considered to test one of these out!

1. Your first name and home state-US Only - Tony, Wisconsin

2. Your current handicap and driver swing speed - 5hcp.  Swing speed around 95mph

3. Your current driver - G400 SFT

4. List whether you would like to review the G410 Plus or G410 SFT -  Would prefer the G410 Plus since I can move the weight for the amount of draw bias I need and would like to see if this helps dial in my draw preference better than the SFT.  I would like just a smidge less draw help than the SFT provides so the Plus may be perfect here!  But am also very familiar with the SFT since I've used the SFT in my last 2 Ping drivers, so would not have any issues testing the SFT and comparing performance to my G30 SFT and G400 SFT instead.

Thanks for the opportunity MyGolfSpy!

What's in the Bag?

- PING G400 SFTec driver, Mitsubishi Chemical C6 Blue Stiff, @ 9*

- PING G series 3w, Alta CB Stiff shaft @ 16*

- PING G400 19* & 22* Hybrid, Alta CB Stiff

- PING i200 Irons, Modus 105 stiff, soft stepped, purple dot 5-AW

- PING Glide 56, 60 wedges, Modus 105 wedge shafts

- Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C @ 32.75 inches

1. Chad - Michigan 
  2. 7 handicap - 115
  3. Ping G400LST  left handed
  4. G410 Plus

I picked up the G400LST last year and really like it.  The low spin tech really helped bring my spin rate down without spending crazy $ on an exotic shaft.  First Ping I've ever owned, and love it.  Hearing great things about the 410 and would love to compare it against the LST. 

1. Jim - Wisconsin

2. 9.5 index  100mph

3. Taylor Made RBZ

4. G410 Plus 

Golfer in Summer, Curler in Winter

TM M5 Tensei Red Stiff

TM RBZ 3 wood

Wilson Fybred - next on the chopping block

Callaway Apex 4 - P

Vokey 52, 56, 60

Odyssey 2 Ball with Black Line

Ben S Illinois USA 

current driver: Ping G LST 10.5 with pings tour 80 x flex 

Handicap index is 2.1 but definitely between my ears.

swing speed 110mph

Want the Ping G410 plus preference with an x flex shaft. 

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

Kurt, South Carolina

15 hdcp,swing speed 102

PING G 400, stiff

PING G410 Plus, stiff

SIM 10.5 driver/ Callaway Ric flash 3W/ Ping G700 irons/ Vokey50/54/58

1) Cody, Michigan

2) Roughly a 15 handicap, 100-103 swing speed (on the upswing thanks to SuperSpeed training)

3) Cobra F6, 10.5*, Stock Matrix Red Tie Regular

4) Ping G410 Plus

I have never hit a Ping club, but always hear amazing things about their products. Thanks for the opportunity!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.7 (Last Updated Nov. 27, 2020)

Driver: cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 Hybrid Stiff
19° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone 4 Iron, 2° Flat, 39.75", X-Caliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff
22° Hybrid:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING F8, 38.5", Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff
5-GW:  
maltby_logo.png.c889f4bebd3ab94fe9c37e77ba6c0c55.png Maltby PTM Chrome, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver