Golfspy_CG2

(4) Testers SELECTED PING G410+ & SFT Drivers [US & CAN]

Our Sponsors

1. Dave, Virginia

2. 13, 87-92mph

3. Tour Edge Exotics EXS

4.G410 Plus, please.

I just recently switched to the G-400 SFT from  G-30.  I would be interested in testing the G-410 SFT to compare with the G-400.  MY G-400 SFT has improved my shot dispersion now allowing me to put 13 out of 14 drives in the short grass.  That is an improvement from the G-30 where I would usually get 9-10 in the short grass.  I use a regular shaft with jumbo grip.  My average drives including roll out are 220 to 240 yards.  With the SFT, I can move the ball right or left much more positively than with the G-30. 

The new PING G400+ would be an ideal driver for me to test since I have fitted PING clubs, been fitted for PING clubs and play mostly PING golf clubs.  I am a 5.7 handicap with a 95 mph swing speed on my driver and fairway woods.  I currently play a Cobra LTD driver because of the better accuracy although this new driver from PING with the sliding weights might bring me back to PING woods again.  The model I would like to test is the G410 plus.  I can hit the ball either way left to right or right to left but mostly keep it straight with a slight draw. The fact that I work for a golf course and can play whenever I want usually 2 to 3 times a week and I photograph other golf courses and play them would allow me to see how this new driver works on many types of golf course layouts.

Dan Ohio

Hcp 8

Ss 112

Ping G400max 

G410 plus

13 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

How do you improve on a line of drivers that had a member of the family win the coveted Most Wanted Driver in 2018?  That's certainly a tough task for any group of engineers.  But the really smart guys in the lab coats in the rooms where nobody is allowed to go in Phoenix are betting they have done just that.   And they have gone into uncharted waters to do so. 

PING has been if not the last , then most certainly the last major equipment company to produce a driver with movable weights.   For years PING has stated that it had enough technology built into each version of it's drivers that you need not worry about unscrewing plugs, or sliding bars, or inserting cogs etc.   They had done all the work for you and the driver would work just fine, and they did thank you very much. 

Well take a close look at the rear of the new G410 Plus pictured below.  You'll see three possible ports for a movable weight, center for neutral, on the heel for draw bias and out on the toe for fade bias.   People have finally gotten what they have clamored for. 

And for those who prefer a driver with a bit of a draw bias and don't need to change if from that, well PING hasn't forgotten you, as it made the G410 SFT--Straight Flight Technology--and it otherwise has all the same technology.  

thumbnail of
Will this movable technology along with all the hosel adjustment that can moved into eight different configurations make one of the best drivers on the market year in and year out even better?

Well we're going to leave it to three dedicated and trustworthy and oh alright, it's OK to say-- LUCKY as well-- members of the My Golf Spy forum to test, play, review--and keep-- these drivers.  The members of the forum will anxiously be awaiting the results.   

The testers will be getting these drivers pretty much the same time they will be hitting retail shelf's, so you will be among the very first consumers on the course with these incredible looking drivers. 

thumbnail of

thumbnail of

HOW TO APPLY:

in this thread - and ONLY in this thread - tell us the following:

1. Your first name and home state-US Only

2. Your current handicap and driver swing speed

3. Your current driver

4. List whether you would like to review the G410 Plus or G410 SFT

Pretty straightforward!

thumbnail of

Good luck, and we'll be announcing the testers in this forum early next week!

Howdy

Rick Harrison 67 years old

Arkansas

8 handicap   80/85 swing speed

Play 2- G20/straighter and G15/longer

G410 PLUS  LEFTY!!  Or ,heck either!

Bubba Watson wanta be😃

Edited by raha
Add info

How do you improve on a line of drivers that had a member of the family win the coveted Most Wanted Driver in 2018?  That's certainly a tough task for any group of engineers.  But the really smart guys in the lab coats in the rooms where nobody is allowed to go in Phoenix are betting they have done just that.   And they have gone into uncharted waters to do so. 

PING has been if not the last , then most certainly the last major equipment company to produce a driver with movable weights.   For years PING has stated that it had enough technology built into each version of it's drivers that you need not worry about unscrewing plugs, or sliding bars, or inserting cogs etc.   They had done all the work for you and the driver would work just fine, and they did thank you very much. 

Well take a close look at the rear of the new G410 Plus pictured below.  You'll see three possible ports for a movable weight, center for neutral, on the heel for draw bias and out on the toe for fade bias.   People have finally gotten what they have clamored for. 

And for those who prefer a driver with a bit of a draw bias and don't need to change if from that, well PING hasn't forgotten you, as it made the G410 SFT--Straight Flight Technology--and it otherwise has all the same technology.  

thumbnail of
Will this movable technology along with all the hosel adjustment that can moved into eight different configurations make one of the best drivers on the market year in and year out even better?

Well we're going to leave it to three dedicated and trustworthy and oh alright, it's OK to say-- LUCKY as well-- members of the My Golf Spy forum to test, play, review--and keep-- these drivers.  The members of the forum will anxiously be awaiting the results.   

The testers will be getting these drivers pretty much the same time they will be hitting retail shelf's, so you will be among the very first consumers on the course with these incredible looking drivers. 

thumbnail of

thumbnail of

HOW TO APPLY:

3. Your current driver

Pretty straightforward!

thumbnail of

Nick NY  12 Handicap   Currently playing Ping G-25   Swing speed 109   G410 SFT   Left handed 

John

San Clemente, California

Hcp 4, 100mph

Callaway Legacy 10.5

G410 Plus

Steve

Midlothian, Virginia

5.1 index  85 mph

Current driver; Callaway Epic, 10.5 Hazadus T800 R shaft

G410

Edited by spmenn@gmail.com

Gary- Gilbert, AZ

10 handicap 95 mph

PING G

PING 410 Plus

love my PING and would love to give the new one a try

thumbnail of

thumbnail of

thumbnail of

HOW TO APPLY:

3. Your current driver

Pretty straightforward!

thumbnail of

Scott  San Diego, California 

2.5 Handicap, 101 mph 

Ping  G400 Max

G410 Plus

53, Member of the Farms. Low handicap for 25 years. 

Tim   -   GEORGIA

2. 7 handicap   104 mph

3.  Ping 400 LST

4. Ping G410 Plus

Wow! This is an amazing test! 

Steve,Illinois

17hdcp, 90mph

tour edge HL3 10.5 degrees

G410plus

Bill - Missoula, MT

12.4 GHIN - 104 average swing speed

Ping G400 SFT - Project X HZRDUS Yellow 6.0