(4) Testers SELECTED PING G410+ & SFT Drivers [US & CAN]

Our Sponsors

Been a Ping guy, not THE Ping guy ( he’s awfully small) since wooden “woods” and Eye2s. Been through many models and changes in irons and woods and have been “stuck” on my G30 driver as the newer models haven’t given me flight upgrades to warrant changing, but those days might be over with the 410 Plus from what I’ve read. 

Hdcp: 10

CHS: 104-108

Current: Ping G30

Test: Ping 410 Plus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do you improve on a line of drivers that had a member of the family win the coveted Most Wanted Driver in 2018?  That's certainly a tough task for any group of engineers.  But the really smart guy

Greetings fellow Spies, may I have your attention please.... Please give a warm and hearty congratulations to these fine men who will be testing the following clubs. Testing the Ping g410 Pl

Good grief! WOW! I can't believe it! What an honor and fantastic opportunity!!!! Thank you MGS!!!!!

Posted Images

On 2/28/2019 at 9:56 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

How do you improve on a line of drivers that had a member of the family win the coveted Most Wanted Driver in 2018?  That's certainly a tough task for any group of engineers.  But the really smart guys in the lab coats in the rooms where nobody is allowed to go in Phoenix are betting they have done just that.   And they have gone into uncharted waters to do so. 

PING has been if not the last , then most certainly the last major equipment company to produce a driver with movable weights.   For years PING has stated that it had enough technology built into each version of it's drivers that you need not worry about unscrewing plugs, or sliding bars, or inserting cogs etc.   They had done all the work for you and the driver would work just fine, and they did thank you very much. 

Well take a close look at the rear of the new G410 Plus pictured below.  You'll see three possible ports for a movable weight, center for neutral, on the heel for draw bias and out on the toe for fade bias.   People have finally gotten what they have clamored for. 

And for those who prefer a driver with a bit of a draw bias and don't need to change if from that, well PING hasn't forgotten you, as it made the G410 SFT--Straight Flight Technology--and it otherwise has all the same technology.  

thumbnail of
Will this movable technology along with all the hosel adjustment that can moved into eight different configurations make one of the best drivers on the market year in and year out even better?

Well we're going to leave it to three dedicated and trustworthy and oh alright, it's OK to say-- LUCKY as well-- members of the My Golf Spy forum to test, play, review--and keep-- these drivers.  The members of the forum will anxiously be awaiting the results.   

The testers will be getting these drivers pretty much the same time they will be hitting retail shelf's, so you will be among the very first consumers on the course with these incredible looking drivers. 

thumbnail of

thumbnail of

HOW TO APPLY:

in this thread - and ONLY in this thread - tell us the following:

1. Your first name and home state or province. -US and CN eligible. 

2. Your current handicap and driver swing speed

3. Your current driver

4. List whether you would like to review the G410 Plus or G410 SFT

Pretty straightforward!

thumbnail of

Good luck, and we'll be announcing the testers in this forum early next week!

Craig - Draper, UT 

Hdcp 13, Speed90

Taylormade M2, flex-s, 9.5 loft

Review a 410 plus

Mike Michigan 

12 101

Sft Please

Adams F12 Diamana Blue Board regular tipped 1/4  

Edited by ODogs Driver

:adams-small: F11 Driver and 3 Wood 

:ping-small: I20 irons red dot -1/2 inch

:cleveland-small: Cg hybrid

:cleveland-small: Rtg wedges 54 56

:bridgestone-small:

Mark from Massachusetts 

7.9 handicap driver swing speed is 105

current driver is callaway Xhot

G410 plus

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Bill

Wisconsin

ping G400max. ( have had nothing but a TM for  last 10+ years, but early this winter and bought the max to replace RocketBalz Stage 2.   Would love to try the 410 plus in a side-by-side! Thanks.)

Edited by Bill W

Tom, Tennessee

2.8 handicap, swing speed 90 mph

Wilson D200, 

G410 LST please.

Played TaylorMade, Cobra, Wilson over the years but would welcome the opportunity to put Ping in the bag!

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:cleveland-small: Wedges, CBX 56* & 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Jon (Jasiu)

Buffalo, NY

10.7 current index with swing speed of 108

Just got fitted for the Epic Flash (5 hours ago --shout out to Jake T at Golf Galaxy)

Would be interested in testing G410 SFT (im not loyal to any one brand, I just want to play the club that will assist in my game the most).

Have played PING in the past and was satisfied, curious as to why a high percentage of "Free Agent" PGA professionals not signed to club deal have picked this years model...but I am intrigued. 

WARNING: I am one of those evil lefties

Edited by Jasiu66

Good luck fellow spies, can't wait to read your reviews. Always loved Ping drivers and with the success off the 400 these drivers should be pretty awesome

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 hybrid regular shaft 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

Jeff - Naperville, IL

Handicap - 14

Driver Swing Speed : 98mph

Current gamer: Ping G SFT @ 10 degrees

I’d want to test the Ping 410 SFT

Thanks for your consideration...

Edited by jhgolfer