Golfspy_CG2

(4) Testers SELECTED PING G410+ & SFT Drivers [US & CAN]

1.  David - BC, Canada

2.  9 handicap

3.  Ping G LST - Hzrdus Black 6.5

4. G410 Plus

Ping guy through most of the bag.  1200 irons, G 3 wood, Ping Fetch putter.

6 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Normally the title of the thread gets changed to say testers announced or something along those lines and the chosen names are posted in thread 

Thanks Ricky 🤞🏼

Hi, when will the winners be selected? Where exactly will we see them ?
Thank you
I won they forgot to announce it lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, madi05 said:

I won they forgot to announce it lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

🤣

Posted (edited)

Kevin  - Alberta Canada

17.4/101

Ping G25

G410 sft

Edited by Gravitykillr
Missed swing speed

1. Ron - PEI, Canada

2. HDCP 3 - SS 107

3. Epic SZ 9 degree XS, Left handed

4. G410 Plus Left handed, XS

Greetings fellow Spies, may I have your attention please....
Please give a warm and hearty congratulations to these fine men who will be testing the following clubs.
Testing the Ping g410 Plus give a round of applause to:
[mention=56939]jlukes[/mention]
[mention=81655]fixyurdivot[/mention] 
Testing the Ping g410 SFT give a round of applause to:
[mention=68414]tony@CIC[/mention]
[mention=75868]PING Apologist #9[/mention] 
I am sure I speak for all of us in the community when I say I can't wait to hear what you have to say.
Looking forward to your thoughts gents! Have fun and hit em well.
Thanks to all of you that applied (over 1000!); there will definitely be additional testing opportunities coming this season so please stick around and enjoy this great community of fellow golfers! 
Hey congrats you guys! Make us proud

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

There's not a more deserving group on here for something like this. What a killer group. Can't wait to read the reviews. Congrats guys!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 2/28/2019 at 11:56 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

How do you improve on a line of drivers that had a member of the family win the coveted Most Wanted Driver in 2018?  That's certainly a tough task for any group of engineers.  But the really smart guys in the lab coats in the rooms where nobody is allowed to go in Phoenix are betting they have done just that.   And they have gone into uncharted waters to do so. 

PING has been if not the last , then most certainly the last major equipment company to produce a driver with movable weights.   For years PING has stated that it had enough technology built into each version of it's drivers that you need not worry about unscrewing plugs, or sliding bars, or inserting cogs etc.   They had done all the work for you and the driver would work just fine, and they did thank you very much. 

Well take a close look at the rear of the new G410 Plus pictured below.  You'll see three possible ports for a movable weight, center for neutral, on the heel for draw bias and out on the toe for fade bias.   People have finally gotten what they have clamored for. 

And for those who prefer a driver with a bit of a draw bias and don't need to change if from that, well PING hasn't forgotten you, as it made the G410 SFT--Straight Flight Technology--and it otherwise has all the same technology.  

thumbnail of
Will this movable technology along with all the hosel adjustment that can moved into eight different configurations make one of the best drivers on the market year in and year out even better?

Well we're going to leave it to four dedicated and trustworthy and oh alright, it's OK to say-- LUCKY as well-- members of the My Golf Spy forum to test, play, review--and keep-- these drivers.  The members of the forum will anxiously be awaiting the results.   

The testers will be getting these drivers pretty much the same time they will be hitting retail shelf's, so you will be among the very first consumers on the course with these incredible looking drivers. 

thumbnail of

thumbnail of

HOW TO APPLY:

in this thread - and ONLY in this thread - tell us the following:

1. Your first name and home state or province. -US and CN eligible. 

2. Your current handicap and driver swing speed

3. Your current driver

4. List whether you would like to review the G410 Plus or G410 SFT

Pretty straightforward!

thumbnail of

Good luck, and we'll be announcing the testers in this forum early next week!

WE HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE!

Congrats to the following testers:
@jlukes @fixyurdivot @tony@CIC @PING Apologist #9

Please see the post below for more details:

Congrats!! 

• Like 1

Nice group of testers!

Congrats Everyone!!!

• Like 3

Congrats guys and really really good choices for this.  I know we will get great info from these guys and since I'm in the driver market I'll be keeping a close eye on this..

• Like 4

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Steve daniel

• By mr.hicksta
      Vessel 14-Way Player Stand Bag (Matte Black)
       F9 Speedback 9º (45") | ACCRA TZ5 65 M4 (70g, tipped 1/2") 
       G410 3W 14.5º (43") | MCA Tensei CK Blue 70 S (76g)
      G410 2H 17º (40.75") or 3H 19º (40.25") | MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S (79g)
       G410 4 Crossover 23º (39.25") | MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S (79g)
      Epon AF-505 5-PW | Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour130 S (124g, Hard Stepped)
      RTX 4 50M, 54M, 58M | Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge125 (133g)
      PXG Bat Attack Gen2 (34") | KBS CT Tour Putter Shaft |  Grips TOUR Aware
       Pro V1x

Accessories: Bushnell Pro XE, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 and Tour Velvet Plus4 grips,  Tour and Sport Gloves, Robert Mark and Dormie Workshop headcovers/putter cover, Club Glove pocket towel, Cayce Golf caddy towel and Epoch S3 tees. 

• By JimNantzsToast
      Hey everyone! new member/first post here so bear with me!
      Callaway (unknown model) Grey Goose stand bag (looks awesome, purchased from PlayItAgain)
      Cobra F7 Driver - Stiff 60g Fukijura shaft - Garfield "Born 2 Birdie" Headcover
      Callaway Rouge 3 wood - Adila Synergy Regular shaft
      Cobra F7 5 wood - Regular Fukijura shaft - My old Callaway Diablo 3 wood Headcover
      TaylorMade TP Rescue 4/22* - I'm not sure how old this is, I am in the market for something new
      Cobra F8 Iron set 5-GW - Regular flex TrueTemper XP90 shafts 
      Ping Tour-S 54*/12* bounce wedge - KBS Tour Shaft
      Adams Tom Watson 58*/8* bounce wedge - Adams branded shaft
      Tommy Armour Impact #3 Putter - 35" Black painted shaft
      I think the next things to be replaced are the Rescue, then the wedges, then the driver. I also have the 38" Counterbalanced TA putter I have used twice if anyone is interested! Enjoy the pictures:

• By Golfspy_CG2
      This is a press release from PING.   

PING signs Jennifer Kupcho,
      former world #1 amateur

PHOENIX (May 29, 2019) – Less than two months after her impressive and historic win at the inaugural Augusta National Women’s Amateur, Jennifer Kupcho, the most recent world #1 female amateur, has signed an equipment contract with PING, the company announced today. Kupcho will make her debut as a PING staff pro at this week’s U.S. Women’s Open.

Among her many achievements, Kupcho earned medalist honors in 2018 at the NCAA Division I Golf Championships and was the national collegiate Player of the Year. Last summer, she was a member of the victorious U.S. Curtis Cup, Palmer Cup, and World Amateur teams. A four-time All-American, she set numerous scoring records during her four years at Wake Forest University and this season helped the Demon Deacons reach the NCAA finals for the first time in school history. The 22-year-old is a native of Colorado, where she was a decorated junior player.     

“We’re excited to welcome a player of Jennifer’s incredible talent to PING,” said John K. Solheim, PING President. “We’ve worked with her since her junior golf days and have long admired her ability and passion for the game. Her performance at the Augusta National Women’s Amateur caught the public’s attention and proved her ability to excel under pressure on a global stage. To shoot a final-round 67 and win by four strokes was an amazing accomplishment. She’s a player who fits the PING brand in every way.”
      Kupcho, who earned 2019 LPGA membership through last fall’s Q Series, said joining PING brings her confidence as she prepares to test her game at the highest level.

“I’m really happy to be with PING. They’ve been tremendous supporters of women’s golf throughout their history. I’m looking forward to representing them as a professional,” she said. “PING clubs have been in my bag for my greatest accomplishments in golf, so I have complete confidence in the equipment. It’s custom-built to fit my game and their team of experts brings me comfort knowing they’re committed to helping me bring out the best in my game.”

As part of a multi-year agreement, Kupcho will play a minimum of 11 PING clubs, including a driver and putter. Her headwear will display PING and she’ll carry a PING Tour staff bag. She tees off this week playing a G400 Max driver, G410 3 wood, G400 hybrids, i210 irons, Glide 2.0 wedges, and a Sigma G Darby putter.

Financial terms and the length of the agreement were not disclosed.

• By ChasingScratch
      Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4 – Review
      A little background
      Let’s just start with this:  I am not a stellar putter.  I’m not even an average putter.  I’ve been known to be the ‘take a 6 footer for birdie and turn it into a 7 footer for par’ kind of putter.  I’d like to think part of it is due to the wide variation in greens I get to play on (anything from Plinko on the Price is Right to lightning fast U.S. Open greens), but the reality is I just haven’t been that good.  I’m a dad with limited income to spend on golf and little practice time.
      I started this journey to become a Scratch golfer about two years ago.  Since then, I won a free full bag fitting through Club Champion and had a blast doing it.  My favorite part of the whole experience was the SAM PuttLab fitting.  According to the PuttLab, I’m a consistent slight puller of the putter.  My wonderful human of a fitter recommended mallet style with some toe hang.  He laid out a bunch of putters that fit this mold and I immediately started arching the putter rather than pulling it.  I had never really seen that arch path before and I thought I was going to push every putt 3 feet right of the hole.  Needless to say, I made 25 straight 8 foot putts before we re-tested with my favorite putter of the bunch (the Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4, which also happened to be the cheapest, go figure).
      The thing that was instantly attractive about this putter was the fact that it could be adjusted for length.  I’m 5’8”, take an athletic posture with my putter, and have long arms.  Long story short, I need a short putter, but everything you can buy off the rack comes between 33-35” (or so it seems).  We cranked it down to 32.5” and bent the loft to 1 degree.  Oh……….my…………GAWD!!!  I’m in love, I’m in love, and I don’t care who knows it!!!
      Eye Candy (aka Looks)
      First off the looks.  This think is a beauty! 

I love the tynes off the back, makes me think of a fighter jet’s wings.  Who doesn’t love fighter jets?!?  As an added bonus, they are very useful when picking the ball up after you just lagged that 40 footer to inside of 1 foot! 

Grip
      The stock pistol grip is phenomenal as well.  It really helps me to get my thumbs on top of the grip and parallel to each other. 

Insert:
      People seem to either love or hate insert putters.  I get it, there is soft and then there is too soft.  Not many people want to feel like they are hitting the golf ball with a marshmallow attached to a shaft.  The dual insert on the Ping Sigma 2 putter line is perfect for me.  Soft enough to feel good at impact, but not soft enough to make you question if you hit it hard enough.

Overall:
      I absolutely enjoy putting practice now!  Get this, you ready for it?  I’ve taken nothing but my putter to the golf course and spent over 1hr putting with my kids!?!  Crazy right? Who does that???  Not a single driver, iron, or wedge hit.  Pure putting. That’s how much I love this putter and how much confidence it gives me.
      I’ve only had two rounds with it, but I’ve had 30 and 31 putts with it so far.  Both of those rounds had at least 3 putts that either lipped out or stopped within 1” of the hole.  Only one 3-putt (and that was on a 60 foot putt, all of my playing partners 3-putted that horrible green lol).  From 5-8 feet, I feel like it is going in all the time.
      Had I the foresight to know that I would be joining MGS, I would have taken stats with my previous putters (yeah, I’m the guy who had like 7 putters all on the bench ready to get in the game whenever the starter started 3-putting) and run an ANOVA on putting metrics to see if this new putter is significantly better or if it is all in my head.  I have since sold those putters and am on the road to a single putter relationship.  You have to give this putter a try if you like the looks of a mallet style fang putter.  It also scored well this year and the previous model as well last year in the MSG putter tests.
      Give this thing a look!!!!  I think I’m going to go roll some putts on my carpet!!!
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!