Golfspy_CG2

(4) Testers SELECTED PING G410+ & SFT Drivers [US & CAN]

Congratulations everybody! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 6:00 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Holy smokes Batman!!! I just got back from a round at Desert Hills, cracked open a cold one and see my good fortune.  This is so awesome THANKS MGS!!!  I'll do my best to provide the forum a thorough, honest assessment of these new Ping Drivers.  I'm so amped, I just finished that first beer and heading for another! 🤪

Congrats Bud! Let's kill this thing!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Congrats Bud! Let's kill this thing!!!

You too.  Maybe we'll both be gaming these drivers when we meet this coming July.  I'm scheduled for a fitting tomorrow.  Wanting to be totally up front with the club pro/fitter, I explained the situation - he was as excited as I am!  We play there every week and I've gotten to know he and the course manager, so perhaps I'm getting a little "thanks for supporting us" in return.  They have the 410 Plus demos, all the available shafts and LM - so no excuses.  If they have time, I plan to test the G410 irons too. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

You too.  Maybe we'll both be gaming these drivers when we meet this coming July.  I'm scheduled for a fitting tomorrow.  Wanting to be totally up front with the club pro/fitter, I explained the situation - he was as excited as I am!  We play there every week and I've gotten to know he and the course manager, so perhaps I'm getting a little "thanks for supporting us" in return.  They have the 410 Plus demos, all the available shafts and LM - so no excuses.  If they have time, I plan to test the G410 irons too. 

That's good stuff! I really wanted to hit the 410 irons last night myself, but was a bit tired after my driver fitting. I'll save that experience for a demo-day.

We'll see how this testing goes. I have to be extra diligent and careful to keep emotion out of the trials as everyone knows my loyalty toward PING runs deep. Tinkering with my 400 the other day I found something that woke it up a bit and I'm not done tinkering with it either. This should be extra fun and I'm very happy to have you as a co-tester for the SFT. Enjoy your fitting tomorrow!

Now this is the Dream Team of testers!   They all contribute to MGS in many ways and love giving back with their efforts. This is what it's all about.   Congrats guys!

Testing the Ping g410 Plus give a round of applause to:

@jlukes
@fixyurdivot 

Testing the Ping g410 SFT give a round of applause to:

@tony@CIC
@PING Apologist #9 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Congratulations guys!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

With the adjustability these drivers have, y’all are in for a great test! I’ll be very surprised if you four can’t find the perfect set-up with the lie, weighting, etc.
Congrats!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 3/7/2019 at 10:33 AM, jlukes said:

Wowowowowow

I am honored to be selected.

I love bringing information to this forum and I promise to take things to the next level with this review.  I am really going all out with this one because to do any less would be a disservice to everyone that comes here looking for unbiased and informative information.

Thank you to the MGS staff for giving me this opportunity and I look forward to making my review as interactive as possible in order to make sure the community gets everything they want in a forum review and more!

Congrats!  I can't wait to hear your review, you are well spoken and knowledgeable!  Enjoy it buddy!!!

• Like 2

Congrats guys - looking forward to the write ups!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

My fellow testers and I are humbled by all of the support we are getting after being selected.

We're going to do the forum proud with the amount of effort we all put into this testing. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Thanks to all that applied, to those that were selected and for the well-wishes on the testing.

Looking forward to the results!

clapping.gif

• Like 3

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    RMD

• By mr.hicksta
      Vessel 14-Way Player Stand Bag (Matte Black)
       F9 Speedback 9º (45") | ACCRA TZ5 65 M4 (70g, tipped 1/2") 
       G410 3W 14.5º (43") | MCA Tensei CK Blue 70 S (76g)
      G410 2H 17º (40.75") or 3H 19º (40.25") | MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S (79g)
       G410 4 Crossover 23º (39.25") | MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S (79g)
      Epon AF-505 5-PW | Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour130 S (124g, Hard Stepped)
      RTX 4 50M, 54M, 58M | Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge125 (133g)
      PXG Bat Attack Gen2 (34") | KBS CT Tour Putter Shaft |  Grips TOUR Aware
       Pro V1x

Accessories: Bushnell Pro XE, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 and Tour Velvet Plus4 grips,  Tour and Sport Gloves, Robert Mark and Dormie Workshop headcovers/putter cover, Club Glove pocket towel, Cayce Golf caddy towel and Epoch S3 tees. 

• By JimNantzsToast
      Hey everyone! new member/first post here so bear with me!
      Callaway (unknown model) Grey Goose stand bag (looks awesome, purchased from PlayItAgain)
      Cobra F7 Driver - Stiff 60g Fukijura shaft - Garfield "Born 2 Birdie" Headcover
      Callaway Rouge 3 wood - Adila Synergy Regular shaft
      Cobra F7 5 wood - Regular Fukijura shaft - My old Callaway Diablo 3 wood Headcover
      TaylorMade TP Rescue 4/22* - I'm not sure how old this is, I am in the market for something new
      Cobra F8 Iron set 5-GW - Regular flex TrueTemper XP90 shafts 
      Ping Tour-S 54*/12* bounce wedge - KBS Tour Shaft
      Adams Tom Watson 58*/8* bounce wedge - Adams branded shaft
      Tommy Armour Impact #3 Putter - 35" Black painted shaft
      I think the next things to be replaced are the Rescue, then the wedges, then the driver. I also have the 38" Counterbalanced TA putter I have used twice if anyone is interested! Enjoy the pictures:

• By Golfspy_CG2
      This is a press release from PING.   

PING signs Jennifer Kupcho,
      former world #1 amateur

PHOENIX (May 29, 2019) – Less than two months after her impressive and historic win at the inaugural Augusta National Women’s Amateur, Jennifer Kupcho, the most recent world #1 female amateur, has signed an equipment contract with PING, the company announced today. Kupcho will make her debut as a PING staff pro at this week’s U.S. Women’s Open.

Among her many achievements, Kupcho earned medalist honors in 2018 at the NCAA Division I Golf Championships and was the national collegiate Player of the Year. Last summer, she was a member of the victorious U.S. Curtis Cup, Palmer Cup, and World Amateur teams. A four-time All-American, she set numerous scoring records during her four years at Wake Forest University and this season helped the Demon Deacons reach the NCAA finals for the first time in school history. The 22-year-old is a native of Colorado, where she was a decorated junior player.     

“We’re excited to welcome a player of Jennifer’s incredible talent to PING,” said John K. Solheim, PING President. “We’ve worked with her since her junior golf days and have long admired her ability and passion for the game. Her performance at the Augusta National Women’s Amateur caught the public’s attention and proved her ability to excel under pressure on a global stage. To shoot a final-round 67 and win by four strokes was an amazing accomplishment. She’s a player who fits the PING brand in every way.”
      Kupcho, who earned 2019 LPGA membership through last fall’s Q Series, said joining PING brings her confidence as she prepares to test her game at the highest level.

“I’m really happy to be with PING. They’ve been tremendous supporters of women’s golf throughout their history. I’m looking forward to representing them as a professional,” she said. “PING clubs have been in my bag for my greatest accomplishments in golf, so I have complete confidence in the equipment. It’s custom-built to fit my game and their team of experts brings me comfort knowing they’re committed to helping me bring out the best in my game.”

As part of a multi-year agreement, Kupcho will play a minimum of 11 PING clubs, including a driver and putter. Her headwear will display PING and she’ll carry a PING Tour staff bag. She tees off this week playing a G400 Max driver, G410 3 wood, G400 hybrids, i210 irons, Glide 2.0 wedges, and a Sigma G Darby putter.

Financial terms and the length of the agreement were not disclosed.

• By ChasingScratch
      Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4 – Review
      A little background
      Let’s just start with this:  I am not a stellar putter.  I’m not even an average putter.  I’ve been known to be the ‘take a 6 footer for birdie and turn it into a 7 footer for par’ kind of putter.  I’d like to think part of it is due to the wide variation in greens I get to play on (anything from Plinko on the Price is Right to lightning fast U.S. Open greens), but the reality is I just haven’t been that good.  I’m a dad with limited income to spend on golf and little practice time.
      I started this journey to become a Scratch golfer about two years ago.  Since then, I won a free full bag fitting through Club Champion and had a blast doing it.  My favorite part of the whole experience was the SAM PuttLab fitting.  According to the PuttLab, I’m a consistent slight puller of the putter.  My wonderful human of a fitter recommended mallet style with some toe hang.  He laid out a bunch of putters that fit this mold and I immediately started arching the putter rather than pulling it.  I had never really seen that arch path before and I thought I was going to push every putt 3 feet right of the hole.  Needless to say, I made 25 straight 8 foot putts before we re-tested with my favorite putter of the bunch (the Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4, which also happened to be the cheapest, go figure).
      The thing that was instantly attractive about this putter was the fact that it could be adjusted for length.  I’m 5’8”, take an athletic posture with my putter, and have long arms.  Long story short, I need a short putter, but everything you can buy off the rack comes between 33-35” (or so it seems).  We cranked it down to 32.5” and bent the loft to 1 degree.  Oh……….my…………GAWD!!!  I’m in love, I’m in love, and I don’t care who knows it!!!
      Eye Candy (aka Looks)
      First off the looks.  This think is a beauty! 

I love the tynes off the back, makes me think of a fighter jet’s wings.  Who doesn’t love fighter jets?!?  As an added bonus, they are very useful when picking the ball up after you just lagged that 40 footer to inside of 1 foot! 

Grip
      The stock pistol grip is phenomenal as well.  It really helps me to get my thumbs on top of the grip and parallel to each other. 

Insert:
      People seem to either love or hate insert putters.  I get it, there is soft and then there is too soft.  Not many people want to feel like they are hitting the golf ball with a marshmallow attached to a shaft.  The dual insert on the Ping Sigma 2 putter line is perfect for me.  Soft enough to feel good at impact, but not soft enough to make you question if you hit it hard enough.

Overall:
      I absolutely enjoy putting practice now!  Get this, you ready for it?  I’ve taken nothing but my putter to the golf course and spent over 1hr putting with my kids!?!  Crazy right? Who does that???  Not a single driver, iron, or wedge hit.  Pure putting. That’s how much I love this putter and how much confidence it gives me.
      I’ve only had two rounds with it, but I’ve had 30 and 31 putts with it so far.  Both of those rounds had at least 3 putts that either lipped out or stopped within 1” of the hole.  Only one 3-putt (and that was on a 60 foot putt, all of my playing partners 3-putted that horrible green lol).  From 5-8 feet, I feel like it is going in all the time.
      Had I the foresight to know that I would be joining MGS, I would have taken stats with my previous putters (yeah, I’m the guy who had like 7 putters all on the bench ready to get in the game whenever the starter started 3-putting) and run an ANOVA on putting metrics to see if this new putter is significantly better or if it is all in my head.  I have since sold those putters and am on the road to a single putter relationship.  You have to give this putter a try if you like the looks of a mallet style fang putter.  It also scored well this year and the previous model as well last year in the MSG putter tests.
      Give this thing a look!!!!  I think I’m going to go roll some putts on my carpet!!!
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!