TESTERS WANTED! ×

Titleist Sweeps Equipment Count--AGAIN--at the Honda

Golfspy_CG2

Press Release from Titleist

TITLEIST EQUIPMENT UPDATE: The Honda Classic 

According to Darrell Survey, for the third time this season, Titleist achieved the feat of sweeping every major equipment category at a PGA TOUR event - this time it is The Honda Classic - and by looking at the counts, the choice is overwhelmingly clear. 

From golf balls, to drivers, fairway and hybrids, and irons to wedges and putters, the Titleist brand is the overwhelming field favorite as the Tour moves from the west coast to the Florida swing. 

>  Titleist is the top choice in golf balls with 112 players in the field of 144 - that's 78 percent of the field and seven times the nearest competitor with 16. 

>  One out of every three drivers in the field is a Titleist with 48 (33%) in play this week - that's 16 more than the nearest competitor with 32. 
> The Titleist TS3 continues to be the most played single driver model on the PGA TOUR with 29, nearly double the next closest driver model with 15. 
> The Titleist TS3 is also the most played driver on the European Tour again this week with 29. That's 20 percent of the field playing that single model. 

> Titleist irons also accounted for nearly one-third of the field with 46 (32%) sets in play - 21 more sets than the nearest competitor. 
> The Titleist 718 MB (20) and the 718 AP2 (14) are the top two most played iron models this week. 
> Titleist Brand Ambassador Peter Malnati is playing the 718 AP2 Black irons (5-9) that were recently released. Malnati was shipped the irons to his home in Tennessee during his off week but never got a chance to practice with them because of inclement weather. It was the only set he brought with him to the Honda Classic and worked them into his bag this bag this week. He joins Cam Smith as the two Titleist players putting the new AP2 Black models in play. 

> More than half of all wedges in the field this week (220/55%) are of the Vokey Design variety. The nearest competitor has 60 wedges in play. 

> Scotty Cameron putters are the overwhelming field favorite this week with 54 (38%) in play, 14 more than the nearest competitor. 
> More players on the PGA TOUR rely upon Scotty Cameron putters than any other brand and tops the Tour in wins with 4 this season. 

> Titleist equipment counts at The Honda Classic vs. the Nearest Competitor (NC): 

GOLF BALLS: 
TITLEIST - 112 (78%) 
NC - 16 (11%) 

DRIVERS: 
TITLEIST - 48 (33%) 
NC - 32 (22%) 

FAIRWAYS: 
TITLEIST - 56 (31%) 
NC - 37 (20%) 

HYBRIDS: 
TITLEIST - 25 (39%) 
NC - 17 (27%) 

IRONS: 
TITLEIST - 46 (32%) 
NC - 25 (17%) 

WEDGES: 
TITLEIST - 220 (55%) 
NC - 60 (15%) 

PUTTERS: 
TITLEIST - 54 (38%) 
NC - 40 (28%) 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Gotta love Titleist- their products just deliver!

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

That's incredible...

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I knew there was a reason my entire bag was Titleist.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Impressive. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

And to think that everyone of us who plays a piece of Titleist equipment is paying for all that while the guys playing all that aren’t paying anything at all. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 3/1/2019 at 1:48 PM, revkev said:

And to think that everyone of us who plays a piece of Titleist equipment is paying for all that while the guys playing all that aren’t paying anything at all. 🙂

I know, lucky bassturds lol

My Weapons of Grass Destruction 🏌️‍♂️

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5* Hzrdus Smoke S

:titelist-small: 917F2 15* Diamana Blue 70 S

:titelist-small: 818H1 19* Evenflow Blue 85HY S

:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4-P AMT White S300

:vokey-small: SM7 50.12 F bent 1* weak, SM7 56.14 F, SM7 60.08 M - S200

:odyssey-small: Black Series 3

RH - Ontario 🇨🇦 and Ohio 🇺🇸

Avg. score 85-92

2 hours ago, Kwoodfield said:

This is kinda surprising to me. Seems like Taylormade has really lost a step as of late. And titleist isn’t making as big of a deal leading the field as Taylormade has in the past.

TaylorMade stopped the pay to play last year but they still have a bunch of guy playing their drivers and putters. Callaway and Titleist have been exchanging almost every week. There’s also several big names not playing this week that are TM staff. I think with the new schedule and guys taking weeks off they normally don’t these stats will be interesting to see over the course of the year.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

BTW this just show how it’s different strokes for different folks. I had my clubs stolen once and we had the head pro at a club as a church member. He vowed to take care of me. He carried Titleist/Cobra and Ping.

I could not find a Titleist iron that I liked and much to his chagrin ended up with Cobra. Was ready to throw his entire set of demo Vokey’s in the trash and ended up with a Ping iteration.

The only Titleist that ended up in my bag was fairway and the Pro VI. Since then I’ve tried vokeys a number of times and definitely can throw them farther and straighter with a tighter dispersion pattern than I can hit them.

But my swing likes Titleist woods and hybrids even though not currently playing them.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

25 minutes ago, revkev said:

BTW this just show how it’s different strokes for different folks. I had my clubs stolen once and we had the head pro at a club as a church member. He vowed to take care of me. He carried Titleist/Cobra and Ping.

I could not find a Titleist iron that I liked and much to his chagrin ended up with Cobra. Was ready to throw his entire set of demo Vokey’s in the trash and ended up with a Ping iteration.

The only Titleist that ended up in my bag was fairway and the Pro VI. Since then I’ve tried vokeys a number of times and definitely can throw them farther and straighter with a tighter dispersion pattern than I can hit them.

But my swing likes Titleist woods and hybrids even though not currently playing them.

it is funny that way Rev.  I have a good friend locally who is a good player like you around a 3 to 5 index.   He swears to me he's not "good enough" to play Titleist.  I laugh at him every time he says that, as he plays PING I200 irons.  The only Titleist clubs he finally relented to were the 818 H2 hybrids.   But he accounts for those being hybrids and being able to hit them.   He could easily hit the heck out of an AP3 or AP2 even, but  it's just a mental ting with him.    He's only played Ping drivers, although he has messed around with a few driers, I've owned, he loves his PINGs.  For very good reason though. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Haven’t gamed a titleist club since my first (or maybe second) set of irons with the zblend irons. Really intrigued by the new fairway woods and hybrids though.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

How many of these clubs are played by guys who are under contract? How much do these contracts add up to?

Maybe I just miss it, but I don't see much for ads for Titleist clubs on TV. Most of theirs seem to be for the ProV's.

I'm not implying that they don't make quality clubs. I'm just thinking that there must be a cost to dominate the club count like this so often. They obviously feel that this is money well spent where Callaway chooses to put an ad on every 3 minutes for "ArtificialJailBreakFace".

Is their budget for pay to play any bigger than Callaways ads? Heck, Callaway seems to sponsor every segment of PGA Tour Radio on Sirius that I catch. I think if you take out the Callaway pitches from Hank Haney's content and you have nothing left but Voodoo Cream and whining about the USGA.

Are any but the biggest names pulling in mega bucks to play Titleist? What would a mega contract look like?

Sent from my SM-A600A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

• 2 weeks later...

This week will be an interesting one for equipment count IMO. Any chance we could get a run down?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived