Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

how many single/one length players do we have?

g-off

5 hours ago, Wedgie said:

I've been playing for 30 years and committed to single length irons around mid summer this year.  Currently my index has never been lower at 6.3 playing Cobra one length F9 irons.  3 and 4 hybrids and 5-SW in the irons.  I also now carry a driver, 3 wood, 56 degree Cleveland CBX and putter, everything else is at 37.5".  My swing speed with the one length is right at 80 MPH for reference.  Gapping in the irons is better than any set I've ever played despite the various incremental loft changes.  The wedges are deadly accurate on full swings.  I've had 3 rounds with 3 birdies and one round with 4 because I am getting so much closer to the hole.  Usually I'd get one birdie every 3 or 4 rounds.

I now own a set of Edel one length irons and the biggest difference is with the Cobra irons  I have to move the ball around in my stance to get the best results.  Cobra has different offsets and lie angle so that might be why.  With the Edel irons there is no offset and all lie angles are the same and for best results the ball position remains the same throughout.

Right now I prefer the Cobra irons to the Edel mainly because I have spent more time with them and I think they are better for my swing speed.  Every time I play with them I might not score better but I feel like I get more comfortable and learn how to hit them better.  The biggest problem with one length is getting to try them on the course without a major financial commitment because they can take some time to get used to.  

Never heard of Edel one length clubs, but I did run across a different line of one length clubs that I found very interesting. 1irongolf.com is the address for One Iron Golf.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

• 3 weeks later...

Cobra King F9 irons here. Got them this year and it has changed everything about my game. Utter confidence with my irons. I absolutely love them and going forward will only purchase one length irons.

Driver: Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK DRIVER 9 Degree Stiff 

3 Wood: Cobra KING SPEEDZONE BIG TOUR FAIRWAY

Utility Iron: Cobra KING UTILITY ONE LENGTH IRON

Hybrid: Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK ONE LENGTH HYBRID #4

Irons: Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK ONE LENGTH IRONS

• 2 weeks later...

I just started on the Single Length Bandwagon with some Wishon 771csi's, 8-AW, with the 7i 1/2" longer. 

Did really well with them during the fitting, but haven't got a lot of road time in with them yet.  So far, I'm happy, huge improvement over the Adam's I was slinging before. 251085233_Wishon771head.jpg.99bc4dc32387deecfae43a03ed85b87a.jpg

PXG 0811 9° w Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Shaft

Wishon Single Length 6-AW w/ Veylix Alpina Wildeye shafts

Wishon 929 4w/ Acer 7w /11w w/ LAGP Reign Silver Shafts

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 54° / Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 58° 

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag / Bag Boy Nitron Cart 

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

State Director  (NM)  Bugles Across America - Proudly and Humbly Sounding Live Taps for our Nations Hero's. 

NMDVS Military Honors Patch Email.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 8:11 AM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

These are the irons that I use and I was really happy to see that the guys at TXG seemed to like them.

I know that Matt Blois is a really good ball striker but watching how he was able to hit these clubs and how well they performed for him was encouraging; as he and Ian confirmed - with the right shaft and right loft/lie these are super nice clubs; I'm not sure Matt could have hit many better shots.

Watching that video was much more than 'encouraging'. That kind of consistency, as well as the perfect gapping would be game-changing for many, many golfers, including myself. I see a set of Wishon one-length coming my way over the next two months. I can't see how anyone could watch that video and not want to try it.

Mizuno ST-200 Driver

Srixon 4w

Ping 425 19* hybrid

Srixon zx utilty 3,4

Mizuno MP-60 Cut Muscle 6-pw

Vokey SM8 50,54,58

Wilson putter

• 1 year later...

I have been playing one length clubs since about 2016. Spinal issues led to me making the switch. Consistency is an issue bc I am still having procedures which change my swing. Overall, making the change has been great for me. Low back issues I had using regular length clubs are gone.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade R15, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Heat II Single Length Irons 4-AW, SW, LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

• 1 month later...

I have never played One lengths before but I have entertained the idea. When Cobra just released the Forged Tec X irons I was almost in. If they would have had One Length available for that particular iron, I think I could have pulled the trigger. Not sure why they didn't have a one length version for that iron. Just the standard Forged Tec.

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS