You won the lottery!!!

4 hours ago, PMookie said:

Man... Nothing to protect from the girlfriend trying to snag the new digs??? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I mean, prenup when married, obviously 😌😌😌

(if she ever sees this I love you dear)

• Like 2

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Project X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe Raw 48* (bent from 50*), 53* (bent from 54*), and 58*, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

SIK Golf Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

I would like to be a millionaire just like my dad...

He always wanted to be a millionaire too!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

• 10 months later...

Man golfers are dull.1st thing everyone is saying is lawyer & tax professions ugh. Its like we actually want to make smart choices. 

Well if figured out I only need 3 million to never work a day for the rest of my life(I'm currently 32). So that gives me $122 million to spend or donate or give to family without having to worry about working again. Priorities would be donate to my church for a new building, set aside for kids and donate to family, then travel and golf. 

I would probably make my own company something I love to do, golf related or construction and run it from a distance and let other people stress over the details or just volunteer at a bunch of different organizations. I think I would have a problem spending that much money. I'm sure new house, new city, golf simulator, new cars, and maybe a golf membership. 

Yes I would get a lawyer & account and be smart but that's so boring. Common why punch out to the fairway when you can hit that little gap in the trees that might get you near the green. 

• Like 2

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
3W:  Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead 2
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50º: Maltby TSW

56º:  Cleveland RTX-2 
60º: Maltby Tour Grind MG
Putter:  Odyssey White Hot RX 2-ball

Ball: Snell MTB X
Other: Arccos (first year lets see how it goes)
Handicap: 5.9  -  Best Score: 73 (1 over) Bryan Park - Players Course, Greensboro NC -2020

2020 MGS Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Well, the wife's car needs a new set of tires, so I'd take care of that first. 

Haven't been to a Sox game at Fenway since the early 90's - it's way past time. 

We also need a new mattress.  After than, I'm open to ideas....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I buy the odd lottery ticket but down deep I don’t want to win.  Always believed in never asking or taking anything from anybody, I would succeed or fail based on my own merits.  Receiving something based on no skill or hard work feels a bit like cheating to me, I would rather work for it.

I am closing in on 50 and have enough to live a pretty good life and give my kids a head start in life without working another day.  Plan to keep working until I die, just take more time off as I get older.  The time spent doing the things I enjoy like golf, fishing or reading a book are special because I look forward to them while working.  Spending time with family and friends means more because we can’t do it all the time.  Things in life never mean as much if they come too easy.

Driver - Callaway Rogue Draw

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 52-56-60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

We hit the Powerball last week!!   We reinvested the entire amount into more tickets for this week.     Hoping one of those two win us more than the $4 the other one did 😂

• Haha 4

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

9 minutes ago, ED13 said:

I buy the odd lottery ticket but down deep I don’t want to win.  Always believed in never asking or taking anything from anybody, I would succeed or fail based on my own merits.  Receiving something based on no skill or hard work feels a bit like cheating to me, I would rather work for it.

Just curious ED. But, how do you feel about making a return on market investments that you can't control? Do you feel dirty - cheating?

• Like 1

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

13 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

Just curious ED. But, how do you feel about making a return on market investments that you can't control? Do you feel dirty - cheating?

For the most part I don’t bother with the stock market.  In Canada we have RRSPs which are similar to a 401K which gives huge tax savings used properly.  These are like free money but I only invest in the 5 Canadian national banks since they are recession proof (1988) and always pay dividends.  My main investments are land and properties since I am a long term safe investor.  

But to answer your question I never feel dirty or like I cheated when an investment I have made pays off.  If I do my research and due diligence before making the investment why should I not prosper from it.  This goes back to betting on myself in the ability to make sound, informed decisions.

• Like 1

Driver - Callaway Rogue Draw

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 52-56-60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

I wouldn't feel bad at all about winning the lottery. I work hard every day. I earn the money I "invest" in participating in the lottery. If my investment were to pay off, I wouldn't have one guilty feeling whatsoever.

Edited by silver & black
  • Like 2
  • 3 months later...

If I won the money the first thing that would happen is my wife quitting her job. Then she would start looking at houses. I wouldn't quit my job for a couple reasons. One I am a teacher and I love my job. The second is that I would get way too bored if I had that much time on my hands. This whole Covid thing has just confirmed that fact.

I am already retired, own about as big a house as I need, belong to a country club where I have a good number of friends and have a pretty full wine cellar.  So, I am not sure exactly how much my life would change.  Certainly, I would give a whole bunch of money to my kids, to siblings and to a number of charities.  Maybe buy some expensive art and try a bottle of Romanee Conti.

Certainly, I would worry less about money.  Certainly, I would travel better (although not necessarily more) - fly in first class, better hotels, more expensive restaurants, etc.

But, the main things would be security, caring for family members and giving a lot to charities.  I have been pretty lucky and am happy with my life.

• Like 2
  • TaylorMade Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • TaylorMade Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrids 21 and 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at D4 settings
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • Go back and forth between :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length and :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne putter 33 inch length
  • :titelist-small:  Pro V1x

Pay off bills, resign from work, set my children up with income for their future, find a lot on a nice golf course (does not have to be a CC), build a house that I would not mind still maintaining (no hired staff to do my work), buy properties to develop into low-moderate income housing - how I would stay busy outside of golf, and travel. 

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ Aldila DVS

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro Apex 4

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S

:titelist-small: Studio Design 2.5/:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

Ok pretty Simple.. I'm retired the minute the money is in my account. My mom and in laws would be debt free.. I would Give my brother 1 million, and tell him don't ask. Nieces each would get 100k.. I have 2.. Sister in law 1 mil.. and 1 mil to each of my best friend and my wife's.. Got to have people to enjoy life with.. Buy a few hundred acres in eastern Wash that I can hunt, golf, ride dirt bikes.. ect.. possibly buy a course and live the good life.. 

I actually Know  a guy who won, only 5 mill but still.. 1st thing he did was order a new Vette. took his whole crew to Vegas, gave each 1500 plus room and airfare. Bought a new house and furnishings. And set his niece and nephew up with a trust ( he has no kids).. and retired after he got all his medical tests complete and a couple of small things fixed.. but he was not doing much until he retired.. LOL

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I already have my financial advisor in place

1  Hire limo to drive me to work so I can rub it in and say SEE YA.

2  Purchase a McDonalds ( Income for when golf is slow and course needs more income)

3 Purchase a golf course and renovate. 

4 Use above investments to teach my children how to run a business and make them work it. 

5 Play more golf and fish once investments are up and running. 

6 Take care of close family financially , probably before 2 thru 5

Once all is established decide on what charities I want to assist and get involved with.

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"