PMookie

You won the lottery!!!

Our Sponsors

4 hours ago, PMookie said:

Man... Nothing to protect from the girlfriend trying to snag the new digs??? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I mean, prenup when married, obviously 😌😌😌

(if she ever sees this I love you dear)

• Like 2

I would like to be a millionaire just like my dad...

He always wanted to be a millionaire too!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 3/2/2019 at 2:20 AM, PMookie said:

Mega Millions and the Powerball are both over a quarter of a billion right now, and you just won one of them! You’re taking home, let’s say, about $125 million. What are you doing with the money, and are you staying in your current job? Quitting? Working again? Tell us what you’d do!

Me, I’m quitting within 5 minutes of the confirmation I’ve won, and the money is on its way! I would meet with a financial advisor so that I stashed away enough money that my three kids would be set for life, but they’d have to somehow meet certain benchmarks for the money, like graduating college, having a real job, etc.

Once I had the kids taken care-of, I’d build a new Children’s theater in our town, with a gymnastics gym attached so we wouldn’t have to take our kids all over for their activities!

I’d then get a contractor and an architect and look at tearing down our house and rebuilding with a second floor, larger garage, and a place for a full golf simulator/man cave.

I’m not so sure about a second house, or anything like that, but I would join the three area country-clubs. After about 2 years of just golf, working-out, and relaxing, I would go back and do what I love: Coach hoops, and golf. I’d figure out the best philanthropy that needs help, and I’d give to them and our church. I’d give each of my brothers and sisters a bunch of money, take care of my Mom, and in-laws too. After that, I’d just enjoy my kids, my wife, and my life.

It’s good to dream...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would do only things that I really appreciate and love - traveling and playing golf with different people 🙂 I don't really play the traditional paper lottery but I do play online ethereum lottery (they are worth a lot more in my book, because you can win a lot in crypro plus get extra profit when you convert it especially if the exchange rates go in your favor). Once while I was playing this ethereum lottery I nearly won 4 Million (if only that last digit matched I would have had it!) But I am not discouraged. I will have my big break and in the mean time I am winning small amounts (0.03-0.05 Ethereum) every day.

Edited by M1ndPrototype
  • Like 2

Man golfers are dull.1st thing everyone is saying is lawyer & tax professions ugh. Its like we actually want to make smart choices. 

Well if figured out I only need 3 million to never work a day for the rest of my life(I'm currently 32). So that gives me $122 million to spend or donate or give to family without having to worry about working again. Priorities would be donate to my church for a new building, set aside for kids and donate to family, then travel and golf. 

I would probably make my own company something I love to do, golf related or construction and run it from a distance and let other people stress over the details or just volunteer at a bunch of different organizations. I think I would have a problem spending that much money. I'm sure new house, new city, golf simulator, new cars, and maybe a golf membership. 

Yes I would get a lawyer & account and be smart but that's so boring. Common why punch out to the fairway when you can hit that little gap in the trees that might get you near the green. 

• Like 1

Well, the wife's car needs a new set of tires, so I'd take care of that first. 

Haven't been to a Sox game at Fenway since the early 90's - it's way past time. 

We also need a new mattress.  After than, I'm open to ideas....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I buy the odd lottery ticket but down deep I don’t want to win.  Always believed in never asking or taking anything from anybody, I would succeed or fail based on my own merits.  Receiving something based on no skill or hard work feels a bit like cheating to me, I would rather work for it.

I am closing in on 50 and have enough to live a pretty good life and give my kids a head start in life without working another day.  Plan to keep working until I die, just take more time off as I get older.  The time spent doing the things I enjoy like golf, fishing or reading a book are special because I look forward to them while working.  Spending time with family and friends means more because we can’t do it all the time.  Things in life never mean as much if they come too easy.

We hit the Powerball last week!!   We reinvested the entire amount into more tickets for this week.     Hoping one of those two win us more than the $4 the other one did 😂

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, ED13 said:

I buy the odd lottery ticket but down deep I don’t want to win.  Always believed in never asking or taking anything from anybody, I would succeed or fail based on my own merits.  Receiving something based on no skill or hard work feels a bit like cheating to me, I would rather work for it.

Just curious ED. But, how do you feel about making a return on market investments that you can't control? Do you feel dirty - cheating?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

Just curious ED. But, how do you feel about making a return on market investments that you can't control? Do you feel dirty - cheating?

For the most part I don’t bother with the stock market.  In Canada we have RRSPs which are similar to a 401K which gives huge tax savings used properly.  These are like free money but I only invest in the 5 Canadian national banks since they are recession proof (1988) and always pay dividends.  My main investments are land and properties since I am a long term safe investor.  

But to answer your question I never feel dirty or like I cheated when an investment I have made pays off.  If I do my research and due diligence before making the investment why should I not prosper from it.  This goes back to betting on myself in the ability to make sound, informed decisions.

• Like 1

I wouldn't feel bad at all about winning the lottery. I work hard every day. I earn the money I "invest" in participating in the lottery. If my investment were to pay off, I wouldn't have one guilty feeling whatsoever.

Edited by silver & black
  • Like 2