Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Improvements to the bag for 2019

Hey guys I have few ideas for making improvements to the bag as the 2019 season is around the corner. I got fitted for my current equipment two years ago and I dropped my handicap from 5.6 down to a 1.5 index in just two seasons. I feel very confident with what I have in the bag now but I just know that on a round to round basis there are small areas to improve on.

I am currently playing Ping through the whole bag.

Driver: G400 LST 10 degree with a Project X hzrdus yellow 76 gram x-stiff shaft.

Woods: G400 5 wood with a Project X hzrdus yellow 76 gram x-stiff shaft. 

Irons: 3-pw iBlades with Dynamic Gold x-100 shafts.

Wedges:  Glide 2.0 wedges 50-54-58 with Dynamic Gold  S400 tour issue shafts. 

Putter: Ping sigma G tyne 34" mallet.  

My G400 LST driver is my favorite club in the bag. When I have the driver in my hand I feel that I am always going to hit the fairway. But by the end of the round I feel that my club head speed will slow down by 4-6 mph which makes the Hzrdus x-stiff shaft harder to keep up with. So my thoughts were to maybe look into a stiff flex that has a little more wight so its still there when I want to go after one. 

Love my G400 5 wood haven't had any problems with this club. It fits perfectly in my bag between my 3 iron and driver just felt like 3 wood was to much for me. 

The Ping iBlades are awesome irons I really like how much forgiveness they have for blades. My distances are just around an 8-12 yard gap for each club which makes them very consistent from 3-pw. But I feel like its the same issue as the driver, by the end of the round I feel like my club head speed starts to slow down. So my thoughts are that the x-100 shafts are great but I feel that the S400 tour issues would give me the same feel as the x-100 but it would save me at the end of the round by being a little bit less stiff. If not S400's I feel like the Nippon N.S. Pro Modus x-stiff would be a great alternate. 

My wedges are good can't complain about them, I hit them pretty constantly from full shots to half shots to around the green, but I would like to compare them to the new Ping forged wedges and see if there is a difference. 

The Putter has been my biggest downfall in my game and I think its time to go big or go home on this one. I have been struggling for years with trying to find the right putter for my stroke until I did a putter fitting. Probably one of the most helpful things for me was to identify my type of stroke and what fits it best. The Ping sigma G tyne is a face balanced mallet that fits my stroke really well and I like the feel of it but not a big fan of the sound it makes. Even tho the sigma G tyne came in third on the most wanted mallet putters for 2018 I think its time to change it up. Evnroll is at the top of list of most wanted putters for 2018 in two different categories, mallet and blade. I think its almost a no brainer to check out what evnroll has to offer, it pretty much sells me with just the name of it. The science behind them are pretty cool you will have to check them out for yourself. (evnroll.com.) 

These are some of my ideas for improvement for 2019 in the bag. Let me know what you guys think. Good luck to everyone this year may 2019 be the best yet. 

Thanks,

JustinDel_Golf

Ping G400 LST 10 degree, Project X hzrdus yellow 76g x-stiff 

Ping G400 5 wood 17.5 degree, Project X hzrdus yellow 76g x-stiff

Ping iBlades 3-PW DG X-100 standard length and Black Dot 

Ping Glide 2.0 wedges 50-54-58 DG tour issues S400 

Ping Sigma G Tyne 34" putter

Titleist Pro V1 

Titleist Dry joys and Pro SL shoes 

Left-handed 

Rutland, VT 

Handicap - 1.5 

If you dropped your index that much then why change? I went from a + last year to a 1.2 mostly because I changed clubs almost weekly searching for a cure to swing faults. I played the same shaft in my Titleist set and yes it is a beast but it was straight as anything I have ever played. The drop in your index should validate what you have simply works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

10 hours ago, JustinDel_Golf said:

My G400 LST driver is my favorite club in the bag. When I have the driver in my hand I feel that I am always going to hit the fairway. But by the end of the round I feel that my club head speed will slow down by 4-6 mph which makes the Hzrdus x-stiff shaft harder to keep up with. So my thoughts were to maybe look into a stiff flex that has a little more wight so its still there when I want to go after one. 

The Putter has been my biggest downfall in my game and I think its time to go big or go home on this one. I have been struggling for years with trying to find the right putter for my stroke until I did a putter fitting. Probably one of the most helpful things for me was to identify my type of stroke and what fits it best. The Ping sigma G tyne is a face balanced mallet that fits my stroke really well and I like the feel of it but not a big fan of the sound it makes. Even tho the sigma G tyne came in third on the most wanted mallet putters for 2018 I think its time to change it up. Evnroll is at the top of list of most wanted putters for 2018 in two different categories, mallet and blade. I think its almost a no brainer to check out what evnroll has to offer, it pretty much sells me with just the name of it. The science behind them are pretty cool you will have to check them out for yourself. (evnroll.com.) 

I am going to comment on these two things.   As for the driver,  perhaps instead of switching to a shaft that may impact the quality of strike why not work on fitness to be able to maintain your first tee swing for 18 holes.

As a 1.5 there aren't a lot of bad areas of your game.  The only negative comment you made about the putter is sound. I know some people are very sensitive to sound,  but if it makes putts why change?   I am not saying you shouldn't try the Evnroll but what are you hoping to gain or fix? 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

For driver i probably wouldn’t change weight just go up the stiff version this way the changes in feel doesn’t change much.

the s400 are a good choice and will play same weight but a little softer.

get a putter fitting to find your best type of putter for your stroke.

the biggest thing I would look at first would be fitness and how you hydrate and eat before and during the round. If you are getting tired you may be under hydrated and/or not eating the right foods during your round to maintain energy

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I'm always slow to change clubs. When I find something that I can score well with, I tend to stick with it. Used to change clubs all the time but it hurt my score and confidence. The only thing I tend to change are wedges as they tend to wear out. I did however change most of my bag last year due to injuries. The two clubs I didn't change and may never change are my putter and 3-wood - once you find what works - hang on! Anyway - good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

I go through this thought process every year. Having twins, I don’t get out nearly enough to focus on dropping my handicap. I enjoy tinkering with my bag now. That’s part of what I enjoy about golfing. I don’t swap out every round but I love finding deals on clubs, trying them them and if they don’t work out selling or trading it.

This year my focus is on finding a 3 wood and hybrid and possibly an iron set....though knowing me that’ll change to a whole new bag.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

These are some of my ideas for improvement for 2019 in the bag. Let me know what you guys think. Good luck to everyone this year may 2019 be the best yet. 

Thanks,

JustinDel_Golf

Everyone likes new toys. They are fun, exciting and come with sometimes unrealistic expectations of transformation. You are obviously an accomplished golfer so this is probably redundant but I recommend a return to the basics before dropping the American Express Platinum Card.

- What are your putting statistics and where statistically can you improve?

- What is your normal miss?

- Are misses based on mechanical faults or green reading? Does the ball go where you aim?

- How is your distance control?

- is there a specific grass or course condition that is more problematic than others?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

On 3/1/2019 at 11:41 PM, JustinDel_Golf said:

Hey guys I have few ideas for making improvements to the bag as the 2019 season is around the corner. I got fitted for my current equipment two years ago and I dropped my handicap from 5.6 down to a 1.5 index in just two seasons. I feel very confident with what I have in the bag now but I just know that on a round to round basis there are small areas to improve on.

I am currently playing Ping through the whole bag.

Driver: G400 LST 10 degree with a Project X hzrdus yellow 76 gram x-stiff shaft.

Woods: G400 5 wood with a Project X hzrdus yellow 76 gram x-stiff shaft. 

Irons: 3-pw iBlades with Dynamic Gold x-100 shafts.

Wedges:  Glide 2.0 wedges 50-54-58 with Dynamic Gold  S400 tour issue shafts. 

Putter: Ping sigma G tyne 34" mallet.  

Love my G400 5 wood haven't had any problems with this club. It fits perfectly in my bag between my 3 iron and driver just felt like 3 wood was to much for me. 

The Ping iBlades are awesome irons I really like how much forgiveness they have for blades. My distances are just around an 8-12 yard gap for each club which makes them very consistent from 3-pw. But I feel like its the same issue as the driver, by the end of the round I feel like my club head speed starts to slow down. So my thoughts are that the x-100 shafts are great but I feel that the S400 tour issues would give me the same feel as the x-100 but it would save me at the end of the round by being a little bit less stiff. If not S400's I feel like the Nippon N.S. Pro Modus x-stiff would be a great alternate. 

My wedges are good can't complain about them, I hit them pretty constantly from full shots to half shots to around the green, but I would like to compare them to the new Ping forged wedges and see if there is a difference. 

Thanks,

JustinDel_Golf

I have the Modus 120's x stiff in my irons and absolutely LOVE them.  They are very consistent across all clubs and easy to swing!  I highly recommend them!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

Archived