Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

NJ Golf & Travel Show

I went to the NJ Golf & Travel Show today in Edison, NJ. 

I was hoping and quite frankly, expecting, to see a new product convention along the likes of a local version of the PGA Merchandise Show.  You know, a bunch of booths of the brands showing off their new offerings mixed in with local startups and local course booths etc.  

Well, it was partly that.  

No big brand booths, no reps, nobody pushing the newest stuff.  A ton of never heard of shops trying to blow out leftover irons for an industry crushing 15% off.  

A "demo range" where you could hit clubs into a black curtain.  Range tees facing black curtains.  Tents with all the brand names and their clubs, cool! 

$7 for a small bucket of balls.  Oh well, I'll still try the new G410 vs 400Max va Epic Flash vs F9 Speedback. Maybe a couple irons. 

Wrong.... lies... 

Cobra tent was full of F6, King, I even saw a ZL?!?!   Ping had G30s, A couple G400 normals, TM had M5/6 but people were swinging them.  I found an epic Flash 9.0 reg shaft.  I grabbed a G400 10.5, its face looked like it was a murder movie prop.  Oh well... should i give the bucket back and demand a refund? 

Screw it.  I hit balls 8 feet into darkness.  I could see where they hit and how high, and how the shot felt.  So, I hit the 2 drivers, a AP3 8i and a P790 7i.  I can say absolutely nothing about any of them, due to pretty much no feedback.  🙂

They also had a long drive where they hit into the same black sheets but some unknown device was displaying distance.  Also $7. I was already out of cash.  Oh, yes, everything was cash only.  

A chipping contest into a bullseye and a super long putt contest were also available, again, for cash money.  

Next chance I get, I'm going to Golf Galaxy where they let me hit anything new or old for free into launch monitors, and they also have everything you can imagine.  I never thought I'd long to be at a chain golf shop.  20190302_121420.jpg.e2798238f8c00eaa4b3a2b4b05560c50.jpg

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

Sounds exactly like the show that is here in DC every year put on by North Coast Golf Shows or something like that.  

I quit going to it 15 years ago.   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I go to the one in DC. Like GC2 says it does sound like the same one. We usually make a day trip out of it and hit up top golf after but we probably wouldn’t go if it was just the show. It’s fun and more geared toward finding new gear at somewhat of a discount but I’ve found even then it’s not much of a discount compared to some places.

I’d love it if they had reps and companies there to actually demo new gear but doubt that’s happen. Maybe I just need to figure out a way to get in to the PGA Merchandise Show....

That’s something I’d love to go too...but I agree with the local shows around here. A bit underwhelming.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Damn...top golf was in the same town and i forgot!!!.  It's spendy to do solo though

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

Archived