TESTERS WANTED! ×

Frozen Shoulder - What did you do and did it work

Peaksy68

My first frozen shoulder (right) took about 18 months to come right. I used just pain relief. 

Soon after, my left shoulder froze. I invented my own healing exercise and the problem disappeared in just a few weeks! 

Simply link your hands together in front of your chest then pull for a minute or two. Repeat this several times a day and all should soon be well.

• 1 year later...

3 months ago I had Bicep tendonesis , decompression, Frozen shoulder repair scar tissue removed and manipulation. Left shoulder righty golfer.

Surgery went well but they found a big piece of cartilage 1 cm , Range of motion after diligent therapy is great  and since winter in WI no need to rush back but I am back to lifting pressing is a challenge but pulling is back to normal feeling and strength is improving as well.

I couldn't get my wallet out before surgery and can touch between my shoulder blades now.

Don't know if the cartilage broke free during manipulation or was always there but overall it 

My concern is I still get catches and my surgeon is talking about a plug of cadaver cartilage as a replacement. Rotator cuff is in great shape.

Was wondering if anyone has heard of  https://www.arthrosurface.com/   they have great testimonials from powerlifters and crossfitters but not too much from golf. Anyway I meet the surgeon again in two weeks ill see what he thinks. Good luck and do your therapy it's critical to a good outcome. MY PT sai it is true with this stuff no pain no gain.

I don’t have Frozen Shoulder....I’ve been dealing with Impingement syndrome and a slightly torn rotator cuff for about 2 years. My doctor gave my 2 options, surgery or PT and steroid injections.

I chose the PT and injections. I only get the injections as needed and I have been doing most of my PT at home for the last year.

I can definitely tell when I don’t do my stretches and exercises for a few days. I take anti inflammatory meds before I play and make sure I stretch and warm up.

I have lost some of my range of motion but for the most part I’m much better, surgery is always an option later..but I’m glad I stuck with the PT for now.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I don’t have Frozen Shoulder....I’ve been dealing with Impingement syndrome and a slightly torn rotator cuff for about 2 years. My doctor gave my 2 options, surgery or PT and steroid injections.

I chose the PT and injections. I only get the injections as needed and I have been doing most of my PT at home for the last year.

I can definitely tell when I don’t do my stretches and exercises for a few days. I take anti inflammatory meds before I play and make sure I stretch and warm up.

I have lost some of my range of motion but for the most part I’m much better, surgery is always an option later..but I’m glad I stuck with the PT for now.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

PT is underrated. I did same as you on left shoulder and works. Unfortunately right shoulder was a torn mess and had it rebuilt, should be good for another 100,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• 2 weeks later...

I had a cortisone shot and then went to physical therapy for about three weeks. I continued the therapy at home for another two to three weeks. This was during the winter in Indiana. By the time the golf season started I was ready to start swinging a club. It took a couple of weeks to get back to 100%. For a while, I wasn't sure I would ever golf again. I waited too long to get it evaluated.

How did it become frozen? My wife asked if I could swim the butterfly. I did a couple of laps and the shoulder was history. It sucks to get old. Needless to say, no more butterfly.

:ping-small: G400 10.5° driver

:ping-small: K15 16° fairway

:ping-small: G425 7W

:ping-small: G425 4 hybrid

PXG GEN3 6-PW irons

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 50° and 54° SS wedges

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 56° and 60° Eye2 wedges

:odyssey-small: Works Tank #7 putter

:srixon-small: Z-Star