Peaksy68

Frozen Shoulder - What did you do and did it work

I went through the same thing after a rotator cuff repair.  Physical Therapist had to break the scar tissue out three times a week to get the range of motion back.  Looking back, I would have gone for the manipulation.  PT works but takes a long time.  Also it will take a year to heal and get to feeling normal.  Hope it gets better.  It is Rough!  

• Like 1

I went through the same thing after a rotator cuff repair.  Physical Therapist had to break the scar tissue out three times a week to get the range of motion back.  Looking back, I would have gone for the manipulation.  PT works but takes a long time.  Also it will take a year to heal and get to feeling normal.  Hope it gets better.  It is Rough!  

Sounds like there is a number of us that have had similar injuries and results.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

PT and time finally worked for me.  I went to see the surgeon that did the surgery and asked for the manipulation.  When he checked my range of motion, the amount I would gain off of the manipulation was negligible. I did the exercises I learned in PT in my garage.  They work but really slow.  I would suggest checking with your surgeon.  I've also know a few others that had shoulder issues and it happens more often than you think.  Good Luck.  

• Like 2

Surgery done. Now to get going on the rehabilitation. Post op pain was made more bearable by the fact the nurse looking after me was both a very good nurse and absolutely stunning IMG_0488.JPG

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peaksy68 said:

Surgery done. Now to get going on the rehabilitation. Post op pain was made more bearable by the fact the nurse looking after me was both a very good nurse and absolutely stunning IMG_0488.JPG

Get well quick Peaksy and don't be pinching that nurse on the tooty! 😉

Surgery done. Now to get going on the rehabilitation. Post op pain was made more bearable by the fact the nurse looking after me was both a very good nurse and absolutely stunning IMG_0488.thumb.JPG.f0607c9947db3eb78b3fe031c9447c0f.JPG

Stunning is more interesting
Get through the PT and back at it in no time

PT this main the shoulder. It was evaluation day. Came in at 145’ range of motion goal is 160’ minimum. Therapist figured 2 more sessions thane break me loose and do exercises at home like I do now.
Therapist also recommended that I should start hitting balls, not go crazy but just start chipping to 3/4 iron shots.
NO LONG CLUBS.
Going to range in the morning and hit some shots, SWMBO as usual is supervising carefully

• Like 2

Saw my surgeon today. He's happy with my progress, and reassured me I have nothing left in the joint to get in the way. He gave me some images from my scope, and even with my limited experience of arthroscopic images I could clearly see how inflamed it was. Pain is now better than it was pre-op, and the heavy duty pain meds are behind me. Now it's up to me to stretch everything around the joint by putting the work in on my rehab.

I then had my second PT session, which went well. I'm pretty sure I'll be very sore later tonight, but my range was certainly better than last week. It's going to take a fair bit of work on both my tendons and my nerves to convince them my shoulder can now move. Small steps but I'll get there eventually.

I need to work on my patience and switching off my mind so I can stretch more effectively.

• Like 2

Saw my surgeon today. He's happy with my progress, and reassured me I have nothing left in the joint to get in the way. He gave me some images from my scope, and even with my limited experience of arthroscopic images I could clearly see how inflamed it was. Pain is now better than it was pre-op, and the heavy duty pain meds are behind me. Now it's up to me to stretch everything around the joint by putting the work in on my rehab.
I then had my second PT session, which went well. I'm pretty sure I'll be very sore later tonight, but my range was certainly better than last week. It's going to take a fair bit of work on both my tendons and my nerves to convince them my shoulder can now move. Small steps but I'll get there eventually.
I need to work on my patience and switching off my mind so I can stretch more effectively.

Yea, you’re on the mend