Frozen Shoulder - What did you do and did it work

I went through the same thing after a rotator cuff repair.  Physical Therapist had to break the scar tissue out three times a week to get the range of motion back.  Looking back, I would have gone for the manipulation.  PT works but takes a long time.  Also it will take a year to heal and get to feeling normal.  Hope it gets better.  It is Rough!  

• Like 1
I went through the same thing after a rotator cuff repair.  Physical Therapist had to break the scar tissue out three times a week to get the range of motion back.  Looking back, I would have gone for the manipulation.  PT works but takes a long time.  Also it will take a year to heal and get to feeling normal.  Hope it gets better.  It is Rough!  

Sounds like there is a number of us that have had similar injuries and results.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

PT and time finally worked for me.  I went to see the surgeon that did the surgery and asked for the manipulation.  When he checked my range of motion, the amount I would gain off of the manipulation was negligible. I did the exercises I learned in PT in my garage.  They work but really slow.  I would suggest checking with your surgeon.  I've also know a few others that had shoulder issues and it happens more often than you think.  Good Luck.  

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Surgery done. Now to get going on the rehabilitation. Post op pain was made more bearable by the fact the nurse looking after me was both a very good nurse and absolutely stunning IMG_0488.JPG

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

3 minutes ago, Peaksy68 said:

Surgery done. Now to get going on the rehabilitation. Post op pain was made more bearable by the fact the nurse looking after me was both a very good nurse and absolutely stunning IMG_0488.JPG

Get well quick Peaksy and don't be pinching that nurse on the tooty! 😉

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Tommy Armour
 Impact No. 2 Wide Blade Putter with SuperStoke 3.0 Grip

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

Surgery done. Now to get going on the rehabilitation. Post op pain was made more bearable by the fact the nurse looking after me was both a very good nurse and absolutely stunning IMG_0488.thumb.JPG.f0607c9947db3eb78b3fe031c9447c0f.JPG

Stunning is more interesting [emoji16]
Get through the PT and back at it in no time[emoji106]

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

PT this main the shoulder. It was evaluation day. Came in at 145’ range of motion goal is 160’ minimum. Therapist figured 2 more sessions thane break me loose and do exercises at home like I do now.
Therapist also recommended that I should start hitting balls, not go crazy but just start chipping to 3/4 iron shots.
NO LONG CLUBS.
Going to range in the morning and hit some shots, SWMBO as usual is supervising carefully [emoji106]

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Saw my surgeon today. He's happy with my progress, and reassured me I have nothing left in the joint to get in the way. He gave me some images from my scope, and even with my limited experience of arthroscopic images I could clearly see how inflamed it was. Pain is now better than it was pre-op, and the heavy duty pain meds are behind me. Now it's up to me to stretch everything around the joint by putting the work in on my rehab.

I then had my second PT session, which went well. I'm pretty sure I'll be very sore later tonight, but my range was certainly better than last week. It's going to take a fair bit of work on both my tendons and my nerves to convince them my shoulder can now move. Small steps but I'll get there eventually.

I need to work on my patience and switching off my mind so I can stretch more effectively.

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Great news @Peaksy68.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Saw my surgeon today. He's happy with my progress, and reassured me I have nothing left in the joint to get in the way. He gave me some images from my scope, and even with my limited experience of arthroscopic images I could clearly see how inflamed it was. Pain is now better than it was pre-op, and the heavy duty pain meds are behind me. Now it's up to me to stretch everything around the joint by putting the work in on my rehab.
I then had my second PT session, which went well. I'm pretty sure I'll be very sore later tonight, but my range was certainly better than last week. It's going to take a fair bit of work on both my tendons and my nerves to convince them my shoulder can now move. Small steps but I'll get there eventually.
I need to work on my patience and switching off my mind so I can stretch more effectively.

Yea, you’re on the mend[emoji106]

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

• 7 months later...

My first frozen shoulder (right) took about 18 months to come right. I used just pain relief. 

Soon after, my left shoulder froze. I invented my own healing exercise and the problem disappeared in just a few weeks! 

Simply link your hands together in front of your chest then pull for a minute or two. Repeat this several times a day and all should soon be well.

• 1 year later...

3 months ago I had Bicep tendonesis , decompression, Frozen shoulder repair scar tissue removed and manipulation. Left shoulder righty golfer.

Surgery went well but they found a big piece of cartilage 1 cm , Range of motion after diligent therapy is great  and since winter in WI no need to rush back but I am back to lifting pressing is a challenge but pulling is back to normal feeling and strength is improving as well.

I couldn't get my wallet out before surgery and can touch between my shoulder blades now.

Don't know if the cartilage broke free during manipulation or was always there but overall it 

My concern is I still get catches and my surgeon is talking about a plug of cadaver cartilage as a replacement. Rotator cuff is in great shape.

Was wondering if anyone has heard of  https://www.arthrosurface.com/   they have great testimonials from powerlifters and crossfitters but not too much from golf. Anyway I meet the surgeon again in two weeks ill see what he thinks. Good luck and do your therapy it's critical to a good outcome. MY PT sai it is true with this stuff no pain no gain.

I don’t have Frozen Shoulder....I’ve been dealing with Impingement syndrome and a slightly torn rotator cuff for about 2 years. My doctor gave my 2 options, surgery or PT and steroid injections.

I chose the PT and injections. I only get the injections as needed and I have been doing most of my PT at home for the last year.

I can definitely tell when I don’t do my stretches and exercises for a few days. I take anti inflammatory meds before I play and make sure I stretch and warm up.

I have lost some of my range of motion but for the most part I’m much better, surgery is always an option later..but I’m glad I stuck with the PT for now.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I don’t have Frozen Shoulder....I’ve been dealing with Impingement syndrome and a slightly torn rotator cuff for about 2 years. My doctor gave my 2 options, surgery or PT and steroid injections.

I chose the PT and injections. I only get the injections as needed and I have been doing most of my PT at home for the last year.

I can definitely tell when I don’t do my stretches and exercises for a few days. I take anti inflammatory meds before I play and make sure I stretch and warm up.

I have lost some of my range of motion but for the most part I’m much better, surgery is always an option later..but I’m glad I stuck with the PT for now.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

PT is underrated. I did same as you on left shoulder and works. Unfortunately right shoulder was a torn mess and had it rebuilt, should be good for another 100,000 miles.

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a cortisone shot and then went to physical therapy for about three weeks. I continued the therapy at home for another two to three weeks. This was during the winter in Indiana. By the time the golf season started I was ready to start swinging a club. It took a couple of weeks to get back to 100%. For a while, I wasn't sure I would ever golf again. I waited too long to get it evaluated.

How did it become frozen? My wife asked if I could swim the butterfly. I did a couple of laps and the shoulder was history. It sucks to get old. Needless to say, no more butterfly.

:ping-small: G400 10.5° driver

:ping-small: K15 16° fairway

:ping-small: G25 20° hybrid

:ping-small: G25 23° hybrid

:ping-small: G15 5-GW irons

:ping-small: Glide 54° wedge

:ping-small: Glide 58° wedge

:odyssey-small: Works Tank #7 putter

:srixon-small: Z-Star

My shoulder had a limited range of movement for years while I was in the service but it wasn't stopping me from doing anything i needed to do. I just couldn't raise both arms outstretched from relaxed to overhead like doing a snow angel and could get away with jumping jacks (side straddle hop for military exercises) by not making a big deal of raising arms up all the way. Limitation but not enough to get help with, suck it up and move on.

About 15 years ago my brother in law's performing arts studio was having a recital and all family pitch in to help with those and I was doing the curtains to start and finish each performance. The rope was a good pull and required effort and I didn't notice anything happening with my focus on doing the job, suck it up cupcake and all that, made the curtains no issue for everyone's day. Realied after the house cleared and we were breaking down the set that I had full motion restored as if there was never a limitation.

It's been long enough now that I rarely think about it and I don't remember which shoulder it was now, that's how thorough the recovery through the physical therapy, albeit unintended, was. Hope you have found your remedy too. My condition lasted almost 10 years as I remember.

Sent from my SM-A102U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   

|> App: SwingU/Looper   (Testing once again Grint)

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png