Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

A Trip To the Boston Golf Show...

Technically, it’s the New England Golf Expo. Took Amtrak down to North Station, then the Orange to the Red line and waiting at South Station for an old high school friend. Will have updates and hope to see Golfspy Stroker, Wedgie and maybe a few other spies there today...

IMG_7645.thumb.JPG.c7568efee1dc3cb3ce5a0b281947caed.JPG

Like most regional shows, there will be a lot of used stuff for sale, along with apparel and other gear - and golf courses all over the Northeast looking for people to come and play, if the weather ever clears up

Waiting at the train station for my buddy to show up, enjoying one of the great treats of being in Boston, a hot cup of Dunkin’s and a stale, cold corn muffin.

IMG_7646.thumb.JPG.3600d2e0952cc75191edf6197e72a6a5.JPG

Life is good...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I made it to the show with about 2 hours to go. Unfortunately I was a little late to meet any other guys in attendance. With the limited time we didn’t get much love at most of the booths we visited. I get it, people are tired from a long few days at the show. Maybe it was because I was there with my 14 year old twins, who knows.

We made our way to the manufacturers booths where you could hit all the new stuff. Well you could hit stuff if you could get some help that is. That all changed when we got to the Wilson booth. We were greeted by who I assume is the local rep with a warm “hello, how can I help you”?

My son is growing like a weed so I had some questions about men’s clubs, kids, ladies, basically what should he get. The booth was somewhat busy but he took the time to take some rough measurements and when the hitting bays cleared he had him hit the new D7 irons.

Once the rep dialed in the D7s he dialed in a driver for him. I grew up with Wilson clubs and because of the service we received at the Wilson booth my son will be growing up on Wilson clubs and I couldn’t be happier.

He gave my boy a Wilson baseball hat and you would have thought my shy boy just received a Mookie Betts autograph. Props to the awesome Wilson rep that helped us today. I can’t wait to get these ordered when I return from a couple weeks of travel. Wilson rep....you made our visit to the show a great experience....thank you!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 7:42 PM, Wedgie said:

I made it to the show with about 2 hours to go. Unfortunately I was a little late to meet any other guys in attendance. With the limited time we didn’t get much love at most of the booths we visited. I get it, people are tired from a long few days at the show. Maybe it was because I was there with my 14 year old twins, who knows.

We made our way to the manufacturers booths where you could hit all the new stuff. Well you could hit stuff if you could get some help that is. That all changed when we got to the Wilson booth. We were greeted by who I assume is the local rep with a warm “hello, how can I help you”?

My son is growing like a weed so I had some questions about men’s clubs, kids, ladies, basically what should he get. The booth was somewhat busy but he took the time to take some rough measurements and when the hitting bays cleared he had him hit the new D7 irons.

Once the rep dialed in the D7s he dialed in a driver for him. I grew up with Wilson clubs and because of the service we received at the Wilson booth my son will be growing up on Wilson clubs and I couldn’t be happier.

He gave my boy a Wilson baseball hat and you would have thought my shy boy just received a Mookie Betts autograph. Props to the awesome Wilson rep that helped us today. I can’t wait to get these ordered when I return from a couple weeks of travel. Wilson rep....you made our visit to the show a great experience....thank you!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

That'd be John Fagan - he's a really good guy.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived