GolfSpy STUDque

M&F TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Take the Wilson D7 Challenge

Man, Wilson just keeps busting out quality clubs. Super excited to see what everyone thinks of the D7s since I have the C300s in my bag

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

248 miles is the closest one to me . Sometimes being rural doesn’t pay off.

• Like 1

Not a single event in Montana 🤨.  I like the look of the new irons and would love to try them.  

Nothing in Oklahoma and a over 300 miles to an event in Texas. Looking forward to hearing feedback from others - I really appreciate the direction Wilson is going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mizuno  JPX 900 Driver Speeder 569 Evolution II

Callaway Steelhead III 4+

Titleist Hybrids

Taylor Made P790 with SteelFiber 95 R shafts

Vokey Wedges

Odyssey Tank 7 putter

Started playing with Wilson Staff irons many years ago - Glad to see they are back in the game.

• Like 1

70 years of age.

17 hcp.

Left handed.

Play about 50-60 times a year.

Use Cobra clubs now but did use Wilson about 40 years ago. (have they changed?)

1. Dennis and 15.4 hcp
2. No Date or Location for the D7 Challenge event is listed for Ontario, Canada. 
3. Started playing after Tiger’s Masters win in 97. Have lessons annually, over the years hcp has been as low as 7. Always used TaylorMade & Titleist equipment exclusively, my current iron set are TM rsiTP + P790 UDI and Vokey wedges. Harrington’s success, and lately, the two Driver vs Driver seasons have peaked my Wilson curiosity. 

Wilson based in Chicago and there's no event at my PGA Superstore in Downers Grove the next few weeks with a new season upon us?  I am one of the featured Illinois Advisor on Golf Advisor and have played with Wilson Staff Graphite Fatshafts irons for over 2 decades.  I've had my eye on the D300 graphite irons for a couple years to replace my Fatshafts....almost ready to "upgrade" however I'd be estatic to test Wilson's latest irons this coming season.  58 years of age, 10 hcp.  Play at least 60 rounds a season.  Perhaps MyGolfSpy will select me as a tester for these irons - regular flax/graphite shafts?  Thanks for your consideration.  John Spotts   

1. Ron - 0.4

2. Seattle Peutz Golf Location

3. Overall, I was pretty impresssed with the D7 line. I think Wilson is being very smart about their releases, though I felt the D7 was really similar to the C300. I think I could almost call it a refinement to it. As someone that played blades forever, the head was nice and compact, the weighting was just about right and the offset wasn't brutal. The performance though, that's where these beasts showed off.

I was able to get about 20 yards a club more distance and only last 8° ish on my approach angle. Spin numbers weren't there a but I'd didn't expect them to be at the stronger lofts. The one issue I did have is finding shafts that fit me during the wood testing. There were no XStiff shafts available and the few stiff shafts that were there were almost whippy feeling.

I'm far from the target demographic on the D7, but as a player, I sure enjoyed hitting them.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

No event within 3 hours of me. I'd love to demo these and see how they fare against their immediate predecessor the D300s, but not at the expense of needing an entire day to do so. 

I'm disappointed there's no testing or demo event anywhere close to Kentucky.  It's very exciting too see the direction Wilson is going in.  I've thoroughly enjoyed the driver vs driver on Golf channel. 

DOES NOT SAY HOW TO TAKE THIS TEST AND KEEP IRONS?.  AND HOW MANY CAN QUALIFY?

joewatsoninc@comcast.net

Wilson decided to run 13 of these events on the west coast of Washington state, and none east of the Cascade mountains. Therefore it is an invalid event.

Shame on you Wilson.

DOES NOT SAY HOW TO TAKE THIS TEST AND KEEP IRONS?.  AND HOW MANY CAN QUALIFY?
joewatsoninc@comcast.net

Based on reading the first post:

1. Find a D7 event near you and go try the clubs. There is a link in the first post to see the currently scheduled events
2. After you take the test come back here and answer the questions in the first post.
3. They did not say how many would be selected but it would potentially be done in an ongoing basis.
  • Like 2

No D7 Test Sites near me (NW Arkansas).  Would like to participate in the test.  How do I get to the site to fill out the participant request form?

Thanks/USNTestPilot

Peter, 10
Closest event is Bangor 4h drive
When I was getting started in Golf  (1970) Wilson equipment was seen everywhere.

But they seemed to sit back and let Callaway ,Taylormade and Ping rule the fairways.

These last few years have seen a big comeback from Wilson and since I'm due to change my irons

I'd be glad to give Wilson a try!

Pete

Does Wilson realize we play golf in Ohio? No events in the state at all. 😫

• Like 1

1. Roger Stewart - GHIN 14.9
2. March 15, 2019, Madison Golf Center, Madison Alabama
3. My golf experience began late in life; I actually had my first golf lessons from a PGA Pro at Madison Golf Center.  I was an athlete in college and exposed to several sports I had not experienced prior to college, but golf, probably due to the requirement for equipment, was not one of them.  When I eventually took up golf near the age of 50, I found it enjoyable, challenging, addictive, and at times frustrating.  With experience, my game has improved over the years, and I joined a club not long after I started playing golf which I'm sure has helped my game.

In regard to equipment, I usually purchase the latest and greatest equipment offered about every other year.  I have hit a few Wilson clubs in the past, but eventually purchased other brands.  However, a recent acquaintance plays Wilson, and the few times I've hit his Wilson clubs I've been very impressed with the feel and the results.  The new Wilson D7 looks much like a blade;  I've owned a few sets of blades (Callaway and Ping) and certainly liked the feel.  I'm hopefully that I will have the opportunity to play Wilson's D7 clubs in the near future. 

• Like 2

I’m amazed at how many posters so far apparently never even bothered to read the very first post describing how to enter the challenge.

Actually based on other threads I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised in the least.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2