GolfSpy STUDque

M&F TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Take the Wilson D7 Challenge

Our Sponsors

6 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I’m amazed at how many posters so far apparently never even bothered to read the very first post describing how to enter the challenge.

Actually based on other threads I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised in the least.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Me too, but @Golfspy_CG2 told me I had to be nice about it so I can't say what I really want to. 😭😭

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

23 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Does Wilson realize we play golf in Ohio? No events in the state at all. 😫

No events here in Idaho either, but honestly I'm not at all surprised.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Nothing within 220 miles me.  Nothing in Oregon either.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Nothing in Oregon,love to try them, but not going to happen.

Geez, out of another testing event again. Says events in Canada (even though it is -28 C -39 C with Windchill this am) but no Canada location in events link. Would really like to try these irons as usually play Pings. Also in sweepstakes says not available to Canada. Please add Canada to testing, would be nice to get to the folks that golf 4 months a year due to snow and extreme cold the rest of the year. Still play twice a week in simulators until the snow is gone so can still test them.

Mar 4 2019.jpg

great opportunity, but nothing near me 😞

Driver:    :callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5* 

Hybrid:   :callaway-small: Epic 4h 23* 

Irons:    :mizuno-small: JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER 2.2

Ball:   :bridgestone-small: Tour BXS

If you don't live in the Seattle/Tacoma/Bellingham of Washington, there are no locations in the entire Pacific Northwest.  Disappointing, and Wilson Staff is the top end of my bag.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just signed up for the event in Palm Beach. Have been playing Duo Spin balls for a coupla-few years now and haven't found a reason to change. Also bagged a Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Tour Frosted Sand Wedge (55/12) and have been quite pleased with it from sand and approach/pitch shots. Haven't played Wilson irons since I bought a set of Ultra system 45s a billion years ago. Very interested in the new sticks: like the looks and theory, so....here's hoping.

• Like 1

Arthur

Driver, Callaway Rogue
5W, Callaway Epic
7W, Titleist 915F
Irons, 4 - A TM RocketBladez
Wedges, 54, 58 Callaway Mac Daddy 4
Putter, Odyssey O-Works Black 3

Hi Everyone, we have reached out to Wilson to find out if the list will be updated as spring and the weather permits.   So lets see what they say.
if everyone could just hold off on the posts that there is nothing near you, it'll keep the thread much cleaner.  I'm going to remove those for now, so don't take it personally.  it's just an effort to make the thread quicker and easier for everyone to get through and post about their actual experiences there.
Thanks for understanding!! 

Thanks for this post and the update. Probably want to put it in post 1 so that it doesn’t get buried by future responses.
  • Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1. Phonebooth...Athens Georgia

2. 15 hdcp

3. Taylormade R7 CGB irons

4. Would love to test the Wilson D7 Irons and see how they perform against my present irons.

Bud 17 handicap

Mizuno jpx ex irons, previous set Wilson fat shaft 

I bought my Wilson fat shaft irons new. I played them till two years ago when I switched to the Mizuno's thinking I needed new clubs after ***** years.  I would welcome the opportunity to test Wilson D7 irons.  I only wish there was distance testing in north east Ohio.

What's in my bag:

Cobra Speedzone 10.5 sensei stiff

Taylormade M4 16.5 

Titiest TS2 5 wood

Taylormade m4 hybrid 22

Mizuno jpx-ez irons 5 thru gap

Vokey 54

Taylormade 58 bigfoot

Taylormade spyder black putter

This is a great set of irons.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 * Ventus Blue 6s pure 

3 Fairway: Callaway Rogue 15*  Matrix Ozik HD7 tp 

3 Hybrid:  Taylormade M3 TP 18.5*   4 Hybrid:  Taylormade Rocketballs stage 2  22.5* 

5 iron Srixon U85

6-P Irons:  KZG Forged III  

Gap Wedge: Cleveland CBX 50*  Sand Wedge:  Cleveland RTX 4  54*  

Lob Wedge:  Callaway MD5 Jaws 58/12 M

Putter:  Evnroll ER 8.3 34" Gravity grip 

Ball:  Bridgestone B rxs Yellow

I just signed up for an 11am spot at my local demo day. (3-15-19) I'll update after I give the clubs a shot!
Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade M3 440cc 9* 45.25" Diamana D+ 70 x-flex

3w - Taylormade RBZ stage 2 tour 14.5* Fujikura 70 s-flex std length

Hybrid - Mizuno JPX 850 s-flex std length. 

Irons: Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 4-PW. Project X 6.5 flighted shafts ⅜" gapping. 39.25" 5 iron 2* upright

Wedges- Titlist Vokey SM6 51*, 55*, 59* 2* upright

Putter - Machine M10 adjuster, no sight line. 35.5"

Brand new to the site, The event sort of near me in NH is not till April but I figured I would post since you are looking for Women to test the clubs 

I am a 13 handicap , I play 18 holes on Saturdays and Sundays  and nine holes a day during the week.  I play a mix of Competitive and social golf and I enjoy practice when I have the time. 

I am in the market for new clubs and I would enjoy testing the Wilson clubs 

• Like 2

Fernand,

Longueuil ,Qc,Canada

Hcp 11 , left hand 

My experience are mainly with Wilson Harmonized wedges ,I own a 56 and 60 degree Left Handed, with Midsize grips ,and i have 100% confidence all around the Greens with Them .

I use my 60% in deep bunkers and it  suits my spin rate perfectly well I have never tried their " better players"wedges, but i am sure that i am missing something near perfection.

Sincerely yours

Best regards.

Edited by M.Duchesne

21 hours ago, Mbcrowley said:

Brand new to the site, The event sort of near me in NH is not till April but I figured I would post since you are looking for Women to test the clubs 

I am a 13 handicap , I play 18 holes on Saturdays and Sundays  and nine holes a day during the week.  I play a mix of Competitive and social golf and I enjoy practice when I have the time. 

I am in the market for new clubs and I would enjoy testing the Wilson clubs 

Looking forward to your account of the event. Take lots of pictures!

For everyone else, Wilson is steadily adding new stops to the list so be sure to keep checking in. 

• Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

On 3/9/2019 at 2:20 PM, Wedgie said:

1. Grant - 9 handicap

2. March 9th - Dave DiRico’s Golf and Racquet

3. Let’s get this party started.

I am challenged when it comes to distance. Adding some distance would be a game changer for me. I visited True Spec Golf for an iron fitting and they could not beat my Launcher HB irons. When I saw the Wilson Challenge I figured let’s see if these have what it takes.

Signing up was a breeze. After you click the rsvp button you get an email confirmation.

IMG_0084.PNG

I made the hour and 45 minute drive to West Springfield, MA for the challenge here.

IMG_0089.JPG

I was a little early and didn’t notice any mention of Wilson from the outside.

IMG_0090.JPG

Once inside I introduced myself and told them I was there for the Wilson D7 Challenge. I was lead to an isolated hitting bay in the back where I was greeted by the Wilson Rep, John Fagan. What a great guy! I quickly warmed up with my own 7 iron as we tried to figure out the Foresight launch monitor. It was missing a ton of shots and looked about 20 years old. Anyway, the shots it did pick up showed I was hitting the ball 140-142 very consistently.

Once loose John reached for his bag and pulled the D7 with the stock KBS Tour 80 steel shaft.

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

Hitting it it felt nice but the distance was essentially the same as my launchers and I was losing everything right. He handed me another club and basically the exact same results. We moved back to my current 7 and was right back where we started. Then it happened, he handed me the D7 with a Recoil shaft and boom! Slight right miss and about a full club in distance gained.

I game the Nippon NS Pro 950 GH in stiff for comparison and they have been awesome but these were a whole new ballgame for me in terms of distance, feel and consistency. I can go on and on but to wrap up it was a lot of fun and I’m glad I did it. Lasted about 30 minutes and I’d compare to a big box fitting at the end of the day.

Once done you are given a code to text distance gained and you get a text back in which you need to confirm. Very simple process. I walked away with 9 yards gain in carry with same peak height, about 500 less rpm and a descent angle in the 45 degree range. I’ll take that all day.

I was disappointed to learn only 2 people had signed up for today’s event. I hope he gets some walk-ins because it is a fun club to hit. I also walked out of there with this.

IMG_0085.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Nice work Grant..and great photos!  

Sounds like it was quite an eye-opener.  I know it will take quite the club to pry those HB Launchers away but sounds like they might have some competition!

Thanks for the recap...my understanding is that more and more demo days are being added.

• Like 3

StrokerAce
:titelist-small:  TS3 PX EvenFlow T1100 White  
:cobra-small:  King F7 3/4w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red 
:ping-small:  G410 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
:odyssey-small:  Stroke Lab Black Ten S
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro 
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130
:Arccos: Caddie

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Looks like they added a bunch of events since this thread went up. Previously there were none in my entire state, but I checked again and now there are several. I RSVP'd for this thursday, I'll edit this post with my review once I get it all together. 

• Like 3

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19