TESTERS WANTED! ×

Indoor Putting Greens- Who has one?

Hey All,

Who out there has an indoor putting green and which would you recommend? Didnt really see a centralized thread for these.

I have a skilz accelerator putting strip with ball return that works well but looking to upgrade to something with multiple holes, etc. Something that is 4'x12' or so. 

Driver-  :taylormade-small:  2016 M2 12* Tensei Red Stiff

Wood(s)- :ping-small:  G400 5 Wood 16.9*/ 7 Wood 21.1* Alta CB Stiff

Irons-:mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Forged 6-GW NS Pro 950GH 

Wedges- :cleveland-small:   RTX 3 54*  588 RTX 2.0  58*   RTX 4 64*

Putter-  :taylormade-small:  Spider Tour Black 

Instagram- @patrickleeleep

Check out Birdie Ball putting greens, I have a 4' x 12' one and it's pretty awesome. They have several customization options as well.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

53 minutes ago, TSauer said:

Check out Birdie Ball putting greens, I have a 4' x 12' one and it's pretty awesome. They have several customization options as well.

For some reason I completely forgot about those. How do you like it? Do the holes only being 1/2" deep cause any issues?

For some reason I completely forgot about those. How do you like it? Do the holes only being 1/2" deep cause any issues?

I love mine. Haven't had any issues with the holes.

2 minutes ago, TSauer said:

I love mine. Haven't had any issues with the holes.

Good to know. I have some little carpeted holes at work and the ball doesnt like to stay in those if theres any kind of pace on the putt. 

When you received yours, were there any issues with it laying flat at first?

Good to know. I have some little carpeted holes at work and the ball doesnt like to stay in those if theres any kind of pace on the putt. 
When you received yours, were there any issues with it laying flat at first?

There are plastic cups that you insert into the holes and they have a small lip around the back so you don't have to worry about that happening.

I've had a 4x12 birdieball green for over 3 years now. Pretty solid.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Here is a review on the birdieball that I did. @GolfSpy MPR also found one he really likes for a really good deal. Birdieball seems great for a portable solution. Maybe the other choice here is better if you want a permanent setup. 

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

I think the BirdieBall is looking to be the best option. I wont be building any kind of stand as I live in an apartment so this will be in the living room in between the rug and tv stand. Theres a good amount of space which I think a 4x12 would be perfect. 

How did you guys do the hole configurations and how do you like them or would make changes now after having it for some time?

I have the one and two option.  I have a suspicion that putting at the right hole I have an advantage because the edge of the mat is running parallel to the line of the putt 6-7 inches away.  I haven't really come up with a test to prove this though.  Even if I did want to configure things differently, I am not sure what I would change it to that would be better.

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

I have a synlawn green. It’s nice. 11’x4’. It is raised and you can chip onto it.

IMG_9244.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Here's a picture of my birdieball. I putt and chip on it... Although they don't suggest chipping on it. You shouldn't wear shoes on it. Also, there should be a hard surface below it. Carpet doesn't really work, even if it's not super soft.

IMG_20190119_175056.thumb.jpeg.2c6877a524e66e3e358aca3d94ad6e75.jpeg

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

What are you trying to accomplish with the green? There are a lot of greens with a wide price variation.

I have thought a lot about getting a green and have had various ones over the years. I found that I never used them and never really got better. Changed my focus to working on the first few feet of the putt and startline. Have used yardsticks and other devices to make ball and putter gates to work on the stroke and contact and if is something that can be done in a few feet of space.

Not trying to talk you out of a putting green, just giving a different perspective and get you I think about you goals.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

What are you trying to accomplish with the green? There are a lot of greens with a wide price variation.

I have thought a lot about getting a green and have had various ones over the years. I found that I never used them and never really got better. Changed my focus to working on the first few feet of the putt and startline. Have used yardsticks and other devices to make ball and putter gates to work on the stroke and contact and if is something that can be done in a few feet of space.

Not trying to talk you out of a putting green, just giving a different perspective and get you I think about you goals.

A great point. I had been debating getting a Birdie Ball green, but really I've been OK with putting on my basement carpet and just working on setup, stroke/tempo and contact. 

That's not to say I wouldn't love a decent-sized putting green, but I don't know if I'd get my money's worth out of one at the moment.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

Love hearing this side of things because most people dont think about it. 

I want to work on putting and making a consistent stroke. Part of that being start line because without that putts will never go in. My apartment is also wood floors so I cant just putt on the floor like i used to be able to. Having a green would be beneficial to that point. I've owned the small strips that are 1'x10' with the guide lines. And as much as those can help, I feel like the lines hinder my ability because I step up and its all there for me. I just make an ok strike and its in. One of these like the birdie ball, etc will be more beneficial to to me as there are no guide lines so lining up the putt to start is the first challenge. Without the correct alignment at the start, my startline wont matter as much. 

So in short my goals would:

Daily (or close to daily)practice on alignment first and then start line. 

Putt speed

Mild breaks in putts since it is big enough to make some slight breaks in the green

And also, entertainment. My golfing buddies come over from time to time for sports and all that. So during half time or in between games it would add some entertainment for us golfers. 

8 hours ago, cnosil said:

That is golden advice. Love your post. If you can start that putt on line every time then putting is a lot easier. 

As they say. Read, Speed, & Bead. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

5 hours ago, patrickleeleep said:

Love hearing this side of things because most people dont think about it. 

I want to work on putting and making a consistent stroke. Part of that being start line because without that putts will never go in. My apartment is also wood floors so I cant just putt on the floor like i used to be able to. Having a green would be beneficial to that point. I've owned the small strips that are 1'x10' with the guide lines. And as much as those can help, I feel like the lines hinder my ability because I step up and its all there for me. I just make an ok strike and its in. One of these like the birdie ball, etc will be more beneficial to to me as there are no guide lines so lining up the putt to start is the first challenge. Without the correct alignment at the start, my startline wont matter as much. 

So in short my goals would:

Daily (or close to daily)practice on alignment first and then start line. 

Putt speed

Mild breaks in putts since it is big enough to make some slight breaks in the green

And also, entertainment. My golfing buddies come over from time to time for sports and all that. So during half time or in between games it would add some entertainment for us golfers. 

Wood floors do make it tough,  but an area rug or runner could solve that problem.     

I agree no guidelines and needs something wider to not allow the edges to give you the line.   

Speed control will be difficult on any putting green unless you can start rolling 20 footers and get something close to your greens speed....at least in my opinion.  

If you want it for entertainment,  I'd go as big as you can fit in the space and afford.  I would probably go with some actual artificial putting green turf.  Closest to real and can specify the speed you want.  Might be expensive,  but you asked for our opinions 🙂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 3/3/2019 at 10:05 PM, patrickleeleep said:

On 3/3/2019 at 10:12 PM, dhartmann34 said:

I've had a 4x12 birdieball green for over 3 years now. Pretty solid.

I third this. Birdie ball makes a great green. Mine was destroyed in a move and my current roomate (read: the dog) I don't trust with getting a new one.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

2 hours ago, sp0rtsfan86 said:

I third this. Birdie ball makes a great green. Mine was destroyed in a move and my current roomate (read: the dog) I don't trust with getting a new one.

What hole configuration did you have and after having one would would you have changed it if you could?

Birdie ball, putt out, and perfect practice are all on my radar for when I get one. The perfect practice has a little ramp and ball return too

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Puttout = Greatest investment in my game I’ve ever made.

Papa-Bear was Here. 

Puttout = Greatest investment in my game I’ve ever made.

I have the pressure put, which is awesome and great feedback, but carpet putting is not the best practice. I'll be looking at a matt too once I can secure some space in our new house (hopefully, just submitted offer).. no spending til then but after that ill be investing a lot into my game

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'll echo what the BridieBall putting green owners have said. I bought a "Like New" used one on eBay and love the roll. It feels like a real putting green surface unlike a lot of previous greens I've used. I will say unrolling the green for the first time was extremely unimpressive. It's literally a foam surface that feels and looks super cheap, until you start rolling putts. I don't use the inserts in the cup so the ball doesn't always stop in the cup but that's never been a big deal since, I know I made the putt and I can really practice controlling speed. 

:callaway-small: Rogue LS 9° Driver, X stiff KuroKage
:ping-small: G410 17° & 19° hybrid, X stiff
:mizuno-small:  JPX-921 Tours 4 iron thru PW, Modus 105 X stiff
:mizuno-small:  S18 50°, 56° & 60°
 :bettinardi-1: Single Stock #3 34.5" putter

2019 MSG Forum Tester- Bridgestone e12

2021 Callaway Epic Max LS Driver Test

Archived