Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

EVNROLL vs Rife Golf

skrupa15

Am I correct in understanding that Guerin Rife started Rife Golf then left to start EVNROLL?  Aside from the the new groove technology that EVNROLL is famous for, are there any other big differences between these two companies?  I really want a 2019 ER5b but have a hard time swallowing the $419 price tag.  Am I crazy for considering getting a Rife Golf Renegade, blacking out the shaft, and spending the $250 I'd save on something else?

Sean K.

Driver: :callaway-small: Great Big Bertha, 10.5o, -1"
Wood: :srixon-small: Z-F85, 3W, 15o
Hybrids: :titelist-small: 818 H1, 19o
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Hot Metal 4-GW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2.0 55o, 60o
Putter: :1332069271_TommyArmour: Tour Impact No. 3
Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star

2017 Vice Pro Forum Review
2019 Tommy Armour Tour Impact No.3 Forum Review

Rife golf is simply rife in name.  Guierin Rife sold off the name in 2011

https://golfweek.com/2011/11/16/rife-putters-agrees-be-sold-innovex/

The new groove technology is very different than what was in the old Rife putters.  

If you are buying a Rife that was made after 2011, it has nothing to do with Guerin Rife.

That being said, if you like the Renegade putter, than go for it.  Play with what makes you happy and with what is within your budget

MGS tests have proven on a number of occasions that the EVNROLL's groove technology works and we're beginning to see more and more OEM's follow suit. That said, I own a Scotty because it was available to demo at my course. And demo it I did - for a solid month before I bought it. Took it out on every round I played and used it on the practice green a number of times as well, comparing against my previous gamer and other putters from the shop. I probably could have spent less on my putter, but I didn't have models to test - at least not outside on the course. The only thing that matters is that the ball goes in the hole. Enjoyment won't come from how much or how little you spend.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Archived